I have to ask, how do you feel about the Osama news??

Options

Replies

• LdyGeko
    LdyGeko Posts: 433
    Options
    No offense, but how does one man's death by a single shot compare to thousands of people burning to death or having the roof cave in, or jumping to a terrible death from 100 floors up - or being on that plane and knowing where it's going and being powerless to stop it and dying in a ball of flame?

He made a choice the day he died - he had the choice to surrender, and chose to keep firing - and was killed with one shot - at least that's what the news reports say. No one will ever know what really happened, of course. In my opinion, that's a lot more dignity and humanity than he showed his victims.

People are celebrating because maybe....just maybe this will cripple Al Quaida. I doubt it, but at least an evil soul-less murderer is dead. End of story.
    while i am releaved and super proud of our troops... this doesnt solve a thing! Justice was served... YES, i hope the families affected by Osama can find some comfort knowing that he paid for what he has done .. However, an eye for an eye makes the whole world go blind... i think everyone celebrating this is no different from Osama, of course him and his followers rejoiced to see out citizens and the towers fall.. now we go and do the same thing.. how are we different? Now whats next?? no one knows, think his followers are just gonna stand by? of course not!

again, i am an american and i love my country, but do not confuse patriotism with inhumanity...
  • mielikkibz
    mielikkibz Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    but i'm saying people that lost family in 9/11 should already of had peace.

not sure how anyone can say this. . .unless you've gone thru something horrid liket his, you can't say they should already have peace. I thankfully didn't lose anyone in 9/11, but lost a niece when my ex bro in law murdered her, my sister is STILL not over that, nor does she have any sort of peace, and it's been 11 yrs. . something like this, you never IMHO, get peace from.
  • mielikkibz
    mielikkibz Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    My Brother was in the Army(Infantry). But we lost him to this war September 22, 2004 in Iraq. After 7 years of not having him here, after 7 years knowing he was killed in the line of duty this news is a relief to me. It hurts to have someone taken away from you when they were so close to coming home. He was an awesome person, he was going to go very far in life but it was cut soooo short. My Brother had just turned 21 on September 18, 2004 and was supposed to return home to us the next month but did not make it back alive. Its tragic that he was taken from us. After a year and a half of him being over there we lost him. He was supposed to be married, supposed to have kids, supposed to be alive with us now. But because of 9/11 because of Osama Bin Laden he was taken from us. The pain will always be there and my entire family will never be over him being gone, but the thought of this other man being gone.... is relief to me.

I'm so sorry for your loss. We are all forever in debt to the sacrifice people like your brother has made for us.

ditto. . as a military brat who worried every time her step dad was away on TDY in the Gulf, my heart goes otu to you, but I am so thankful and proud of your brother. . .hugs!
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    I think Al Qaeda is a hydra, and 3 heads will grow back where one was cut off.

I think celebrating death is inhumane, no matter whose death that is. I am not sad he's dead, but I am sickened by street parties celebrating it. It's still death, and I can't ever find joy in death, be that human or animal.

I fear the retribution.

I should add I am much more disturbed by the news of the death of Gaddaffi's son and grandchildren. That really upset me. They were innocent, no matter what a monster their father/grandfather is.

I am very much in agreement with you. I saw that on the news this morning and it made me sick. Innocent children, that is so horrific.
  • mishelnkiki
    mishelnkiki Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    while everyone is rejoicing right now, and while i am very pleased with our troops and glad that they were finally able to do the one thing that has needed to be done for a very long time now, i think im more afraid then happy. bc as in any country... when u kill their leader, they will retaliate! all i can say, is that this could be the beginning of a very terrible celebration for the US. thats just my personal opinion of it.
  • reese66
    reese66 Posts: 2,920 Member
    Options
    This transcends politics...am glad he is dead and give kudos to both Presidents Bush and Obama as well as our military and intelligence personnel who all stayed focused on the goal no matter what their individual political beliefs are.

Well said Carl!!!
  • Stephanieb325
    Stephanieb325 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    My Brother was in the Army(Infantry). But we lost him to this war September 22, 2004 in Iraq. After 7 years of not having him here, after 7 years knowing he was killed in the line of duty this news is a relief to me. It hurts to have someone taken away from you when they were so close to coming home. He was an awesome person, he was going to go very far in life but it was cut soooo short. My Brother had just turned 21 on September 18, 2004 and was supposed to return home to us the next month but did not make it back alive. Its tragic that he was taken from us. After a year and a half of him being over there we lost him. He was supposed to be married, supposed to have kids, supposed to be alive with us now. But because of 9/11 because of Osama Bin Laden he was taken from us. The pain will always be there and my entire family will never be over him being gone, but the thought of this other man being gone.... is relief to me.

I'm so sorry for your loss. We are all forever in debt to the sacrifice people like your brother has made for us.

ditto. . as a military brat who worried every time her step dad was away on TDY in the Gulf, my heart goes otu to you, but I am so thankful and proud of your brother. . .hugs!

Thank you. That really means a lot to me.
  • StephanieJ82
    StephanieJ82 Posts: 233
    Options
    I am not happy Bin Laden is dead, I think he could have been more useful alive. So many unanswered questions.... then buried at sea right away.... give me a break.
    I do feel a bit of happiness for the people who feel they have closure for the loved ones they lost in 911, but I do not think it is appropriate to celebrate ANY death. It is morbid.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    “Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.”

couldn't resist.
  • qtpiesmom
    qtpiesmom Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    I will not rejoice in the killing of any man. Tonight I pray for World Peace and remember the words of one of our greatest teachers: "Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars... Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that." - MLK"
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    MajorleagueInfidel.jpg

For all who are so worried about retaliation, have you considered that these people have been actively plotting, and attempting these acts all this time? Just a thought. They will continue to be terrorists until they are stopped. One can not reason rationally with a person who is willing to train and use children to commit suicide to kill Westerners. The Crusades are far from over...

Ted
    Proud Father of a US Army Airborne Medic Afghanistan Veteran
  • joycemhall
    joycemhall Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I am glad he's dead but I fear another monster will take his place.

I lost a nephew in Afghanistan, and I know Bin Laden didn't feel bad about that.
  • eeeekie
    eeeekie Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    I'm very proud of my country, our men/women, our President and our Allies regardless of this victory. Osama effected lives outside of the tragedies he created. He killed, harmed, destroyed many lives and he got his in the end. After sitting and reflecting on the reaction of people I can see why people are disgusted at the dancing in the streets but if you were a family effected you may feel differently. Losing someone in tragic ways puts a whole new twist on life and your reactions to such things. If his death brings a slight sigh of relief to the families effected then the hard work of our men/woman has done it's job as many of them enlisted after feeling so strong after 9/11.

Lets bare in mind though that just because he's dead doesn't mean we are any safer. In fact, we may now be in more danger than we have in 10 years. If you believe we are safer then you'd probably believe that I have ocean front property in Arizona! (thanks George).

Osama...may you feel the pain you inflicted on all people effected by your horrible acts...directly or indirectly.

A quote to ponder...

"I mourn the loss of thousands of precious lives, but I will not rejoice in the death of one, not even an enemy." - Martin Luther King, Jr
  • FlipThis112
    FlipThis112 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    "Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Hate multiplies hate, violence multiplies violence, and toughness multiplies toughness in a descending spiral of destruction ... The chain reaction of evil--hate begetting hate, wars producing more wars -- must be broken, or we shall be plunged into the dark abyss of annihilation."

-MLK

I don't think it is going to "fix" anything. :frown:
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Proud of everyone around the world who helped make it possible. We can only pray this helps to end our wars and bring all of our loved ones home safe.
  • rockabyesarojane
    Options
    I just hope that it will mean that my friends and loved ones can come home a little sooner from Iraq and Afghanistan. That would be amazing.
  • lloydrt
    lloydrt Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    I put out my American flag outside on my house ,to display my admiration of the people who helped bring this terrorist down as well as being a proud American.

Im not rejoicing, just glad hes out, but like people say, they ll find another one to replace him.

When VJ and V E days were celebrated( 1945) , people flocked to Times Square for victory. I see their happiness for the end of 2 wars that killed so many, so I can understand why people are celebrating the death of this man, but the sad part, their ways of terrorism will only continue.
    Terrorism didnt die yesterday with the death of this insect.

Terrorism is alive and well in the rest of the world, there was no end to terrorism when they killed this scum.
  • Crowhorse
    Crowhorse Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    A small bit of Justice has been served in a big way.

Thank you, military and intelligence, for a decade of hard work in tracking this fugitive down, for finding it, planning it, and executing it. He was wealthy, slippery, and flitted around for years, and finally hidden behind the facade of a "friendly" Pakistan. Like bloodhounds, you stayed on the scent all these years and finally brought Justice to all those souls buried beneath cement and steel.

This is far from over, and probably never really will be, but we are not afraid.
  • StephanieJ82
    StephanieJ82 Posts: 233
    Options
    I just hope that it will mean that my friends and loved ones can come home a little sooner from Iraq and Afghanistan. That would be amazing.

it really would be amazing....
  • marci355
    marci355 Posts: 292
    Options
    MajorleagueInfidel.jpg

For all who are so worried about retaliation, have you considered that these people have been actively plotting, and attempting these acts all this time? Just a thought. They will continue to be terrorists until they are stopped. One can not reason rationally with a person who is willing to train and use children to commit suicide to kill Westerners. The Crusades are far from over...

Ted
    Proud Father of a US Army Airborne Medic Afghanistan Veteran
    What he said!!! Tell your son, thank you from me, for serving our country.....I could not be more proud, to be an Amercian today!!!
This discussion has been closed.