I have to ask, how do you feel about the Osama news??

Options

Replies

• marci355
    marci355 Posts: 292
    Options
    I already hate whatever song Toby Keith is going to write about it, lol
    You KNOW, one is already in the works......Gotta love me some Toby Keith!! And Thank you to MFP for allowing this thread to continue. I, for one, really appreciate it! I'm single, live alone and I am feeling SO patriotic today!! This is the only way I have for expressing myself. I am SO damn proud to be American today!!!!
  • PamDW
    PamDW Posts: 246
    Options
    I am all for world peace... I pray for it daily, but I have to ask.... what are we to do, if attacked... do we just sit back and do nothing, do we let it happen again and again. Or do we play the upper hand and defend ourselves. This is not a government we are trying to tame... it is a terrorist group... a group of people that acts against others but also their own. We are not trying to take control of a country, we are taking control of our ability to have freedom.
  • imback
    imback Posts: 10
    Options
    I agree !! I hate having that sitting duck feeling like waiting for something to happen because I do believe this is not the end of it !!
  • jkleman79
    jkleman79 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Yes as opinionated as everyone has been on here and the difference of views of what happened, why and how it was expressed after the fact. Sorry I am honestly still a skeptic, and hope to be proved wrong. I am glad we have been able to keep this thread on here and under some sort of respectable order. I have seen some uglier threads on MFP for much less than this.

So way to be respectable everyone. Lets use this control in other threads.

Cheers!
  • ilovecisco22
    Options
    its really good but im scared of whats going to happpen now its good for us but not his friends or his family or his country u do not know what they can do think of 9/11 they can try to do that again just for the faced that we killed him there is the good side of it then the bad its really hard to even think of that
  • solpwr
    solpwr Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    The lesson and news to me is:

Punishment should fit the crime. There are consequences to action. Justice appears to have been done in this case. Justice is appealing to humans, it agrees with the essence of our nature.
  • brewingaz
    brewingaz Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    its really good but im scared of whats going to happpen now its good for us but not his friends or his family or his country u do not know what they can do think of 9/11 they can try to do that again just for the faced that we killed him there is the good side of it then the bad its really hard to even think of that

That was one looooong sentence!
  • Jovialation
    Jovialation Posts: 7,632 Member
    Options
    Id just like to say that NO god has anything to do with terrorism or killing a terrorist.
    Im not religious in any way but it REALLY saddens me to think that people in Al Queda OR people in America "celebrating" Osama's death even MENTION a god.

Im just glad Obama FINALLY said "we are not at war with Islam" and that they followed the traditional ways of burial with Osama's body. I was extremely concerned that they'd desecrate the body and upset a LOT of people.
    I totally agree, btw, that the end of Osama isn't the end of Al Queda. Far from it, I'm sure. Osama was old and dying and hardly even a figurehead anymore. Basically the US spent a TON of money on catching a guy that talked a lot of *kitten*.

Side note - didn't Obama look like a total bad @ss walking away at the end of that speech?
  • marci355
    marci355 Posts: 292
    Options
    Id just like to say that NO god has anything to do with terrorism or killing a terrorist.
    Im not religious in any way but it REALLY saddens me to think that people in Al Queda OR people in America "celebrating" Osama's death even MENTION a god.

Im just glad Obama FINALLY said "we are not at war with Islam" and that they followed the traditional ways of burial with Osama's body. I was extremely concerned that they'd desecrate the body and upset a LOT of people.
    I totally agree, btw, that the end of Osama isn't the end of Al Queda. Far from it, I'm sure. Osama was old and dying and hardly even a figurehead anymore. Basically the US spent a TON of money on catching a guy that talked a lot of *kitten*

Side note - didn't Obama look like a total bad @ss walking away at the end of that speech?
    Soooo...I take it, you're NOT American??? Edited to add.... I see you are in Illnois? Wow, your remark, certainly did NOT sound American at all!!! Wow.......
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options

I totally agree, btw, that the end of Osama isn't the end of Al Queda. Far from it, I'm sure. Osama was old and dying and hardly even a figurehead anymore. Basically the US spent a TON of money on catching a guy that talked a lot of *kitten*.

You last paragrah related to the PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATE is totally out of place and against one of the rules of this forum.
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options

You last paragrah related to the PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATE is totally out of place and against one of the rules of this forum.

Which rule is that ?
  • 1234lbsgone
    1234lbsgone Posts: 296 Member
    Options

I totally agree, btw, that the end of Osama isn't the end of Al Queda. Far from it, I'm sure. Osama was old and dying and hardly even a figurehead anymore. Basically the US spent a TON of money on catching a guy that talked a lot of *kitten*

Soooo...I take it, you're NOT American??? Edited to add.... I see you are in Illnois? Wow, your remark, certainly did NOT sound American at all!!! Wow.......

I believe that the lines are being crossed here. We are all free to express our opinions on this thread. But calling someone un American is a personal attack. Lets have some respect to keep this thread going without intervention. It is truly awesome that we have all gotten this far. Don't screw it up by being mean to each other.

Edited just to point out: Not one of us can expect to get on this site and be considered the say all in nutrition. Therefore, niether is any one citizen the say all in who is American enough.
  • SommerJo
    SommerJo Posts: 258 Member
    Options

I believe that the lines are being crossed here. We are all free to express our opinions on this thread. But calling someone un American is a personal attack. Lets have some respect to keep this thread going without intervention. It is truly awesome that we have all gotten this far. Don't screw it up by being mean to each other.

Edited just to point out: Not one of us can expect to get on this site and be considered the say all in nutrition. Therefore, niether is any one citizen the say all in who is American enough.
    Thank you KN -- that comment was out of line....very much uncalled for.
  • SommerJo
    SommerJo Posts: 258 Member
    Options

This is a great comment -- thank you for posting it.
  • Jovialation
    Options
    You're Welcome.

I'm quite American. I overeat, my ego is delicate and my self esteem low, I'm lazy, I think video games are a high form of entertainment, I watch cartoons, I eat hot dogs, I went to public school and learned inaccurate world history, I dont know nearly half as much as most educated people around the world, I always think I'm right, and I complain about things that some people would kill to have as their biggest problem. So, yea, gotta say I'm pretty American.

What rule did I break exactly? I censored myself and was being totally honest in saying that Obama looked AWESOME walking off after that speech! His posture was PERFECT. I could never look that cool.

Oh and thanks for saying it was out of line to call me un-American, but I've been called worse. Especially on the internet. Really to call me un-American for what I said just seems hilarious to me if anything.
  • Therapist_mama
    Therapist_mama Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Quote:

Actually there is still controversy about the way in which our government handled the burial!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/42859914/ns/world_news-death_of_bin_laden/?GT1=43001

They did a few things correctly and a few things not so much according to the above article.
  • REman
    REman Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I feel great!
  • Therapist_mama
    Options
    You're Welcome.

I'm quite American. I overeat, my ego is delicate and my self esteem low, I'm lazy, I think video games are a high form of entertainment, I watch cartoons, I eat hot dogs, I went to public school and learned inaccurate world history, I dont know nearly half as much as most people around the world, I always think I'm right, and I complain about things that some people would kill to have as their biggest problem. So, yea, gotta say I'm pretty American.

What rule did I break exactly? I censored myself and was being totally honest in saying that Obama looked AWESOME walking off after that speech! His posture was PERFECT. I could never look that cool.

Oh and thanks for saying it was out of line to call me un-American, but I've been called worse. Especially on the internet. Really to call me un-American for what I said just seems hilarious to me if anything.

Wow it would appear you have a pretty low opinion of being American by your first paragraph! Perhaps that is what the original reader/responder was picking up on in your attitude when they commented on your citizenship
    attitude is 9/10ths of conviction!
  • Jovialation
    Options
    Hi, redditors, indeed.
    Quote:

Actually there is still controversy about the way in which our government handled the burial!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/42859914/ns/world_news-death_of_bin_laden/?GT1=43001

They did a few things correctly and a few things not so much according to the above article.
    ah, crud. I really hope that what we did was "good enough" that we dont spark controversy with Muslims or Islamics
  • Therapist_mama
    Options
    Quote:

Just to be clear I am fully supportive of the way our Government handled the burial......I just thought you might like to know that there is some controversy even with our best efforts!
This discussion has been closed.