I have to ask, how do you feel about the Osama news??

Options

Replies

• SommerJo
    SommerJo Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I think that regardless of the moderator's warnings this has continued to be a religious and political topic. Today -- the death of Osama is the white elephant and for that I see the purpose behind the post. I have my own views about 9/11 and the tragic wars that followed. My deepest sympathy goes out to the families that lost loved ones on 9/11 and in the war. My condolences to ALL the victims of politics and religion.
  • marci355
    marci355 Posts: 292
    Options
    I am glad he's dead but I fear another monster will take his place.

I lost a nephew in Afghanistan, and I know Bin Laden didn't feel bad about that.
    I'm so sorry about your nephew.....tell his mother, thank you, for him serving our country!!
  • marci355
    marci355 Posts: 292
    Options
    I think that regardless of the moderator's warnings this has continued to be a religious and political topic. Today -- the death of Osama is the white elephant and for that I see the purpose behind the post. I have my own views about 9/11 and the tragic wars that followed. My deepest sympathy goes out to the families that lost loved ones on 9/11 and in the war. My condolences to ALL the victims of politics and religion.
    Nope. Just damn proud to be an American today!!!! Our Navy Seals totally ROCK!!!!!!
  • lil_missfit
    lil_missfit Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    To be honest....I felt no relief...no joy...nothing but sadness bc his death may cripple some who want to engage in terrorist attacks but it will not put an end to it....it will just keep going...sad but true. I love America and our troops. I support them...but your question was how do we "feel".... and my true "feeling" is saddness bc I know another life was lost (who knows where his soul is) and there will be retaliations....I hope if these politicians (all of them) know what they're doing...I really do...for our sake and for the sake of our troops and fellow Americans in that area and around the world.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Was there any "retaliation" towards America when 9/11 occurred?
    Was there "retaliation" in 2004 when 191 human beings died in Madrid by terrorists?
    Was there "retailiation" in 2008 when 164 human beings died in Mumbai by terrorists?

Or were they just being terrorists?
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    Again folks, this thread really does walk the fine line of being a political/religious topic. We've been trying to keep a hands off approach to the topic considering the sensitive nature, as we understand people's needs to express their emotions on MyFitnessPal. We do humbly ask that everyone please try to refrain from making disparaging remarks about the forum moderators, they will be immediately deleted upon recognition.

thank you,

SHBoss1673
    MyFitnessPal Forum Moderator
  • chrisyoung0422
    chrisyoung0422 Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I am glad they had enough time to thaw Osama out before re election.....
  • jocelynrinear
    Options
    "I've never wished a man dead, but I have read some obituaries with great pleasure." Mark Twain

When I received the news I told my 11 year old son. And he said, "The man who attack America is dead?" I said, "Yes." And He said, "Do you think he is in Hell?" I told him I do not know.
    My son was 1yr and 7 months old when 9/11 happened. I was a soldier at the time serving in the Army. I was scared, but I knew if I had to go fight and protect my son from these terrorists it is worth it. So, please do not say you are afraid. If you are, do something about it. We are lucky to have this freedom to voice our opinions. This is a country based on that freedom. Please never let anyone take it away. Because if you say you are afraid of what might happen you are dishonoring every person who has ever fought for what this country stands for. Stand up and protect your freedom. Do not be a victim.
  • EricJonrosh
    EricJonrosh Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    "I've never wished a man dead, but I have read some obituaries with great pleasure." Mark Twain

When I received the news I told my 11 year old son. And he said, "The man who attack America is dead?" I said, "Yes." And He said, "Do you think he is in Hell?" I told him I do not know.
    My son was 1yr and 7 months old when 9/11 happened. I was a soldier at the time serving in the Army. I was scared, but I knew if I had to go fight and protect my son from these terrorists it is worth it. So, please do not say you are afraid. If you are, do something about it. We are lucky to have this freedom to voice our opinions. This is a country based on that freedom. Please never let anyone take it away. Because if you say you are afraid of what might happen you are dishonoring every person who has ever fought for what this country stands for. Stand up and protect your freedom. Do not be a victim.

Hear, hear!!!
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    MajorleagueInfidel.jpg

For all who are so worried about retaliation, have you considered that these people have been actively plotting, and attempting these acts all this time? Just a thought. They will continue to be terrorists until they are stopped. One can not reason rationally with a person who is willing to train and use children to commit suicide to kill Westerners. The Crusades are far from over...

Ted
    Proud Father of a US Army Airborne Medic Afghanistan Veteran

I completely agree.
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    Again folks, this thread really does walk the fine line of being a political/religious topic. We've been trying to keep a hands off approach to the topic considering the sensitive nature, as we understand people's needs to express their emotions on MyFitnessPal. We do humbly ask that everyone please try to refrain from making disparaging remarks about the forum moderators, they will be immediately deleted upon recognition.

thank you,

SHBoss1673

I understand the difficulties with this but also appreciate that on this one thread great slack has been given because of what it is about.
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options

thank you,

SHBoss1673

I understand the difficulties with this but also appreciate that on this one thread great slack has been given because of what it is about.

Agreed! Us MFP'ers "got no where else to go!" (Richard Gere in Officer and a Gentleman)....
  • JEK717
    JEK717 Posts: 1,497
    Options
    I think it is really nice of them to grant everyone some slack. It seems they are really trying to get this open because of the importance of it. Thanks MFP.

I also find this topic really interesting because it seems everyone is really stating their opinion. Its interesting to see all the different opinions.:)
  • Karleyyy
    Karleyyy Posts: 857
    Options
    Someone sent me a text last night saying "Osama Bin Laden has been killed. Holy ****." I just ignored them because I thought they were joking....
  • brewingaz
    brewingaz Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    MajorleagueInfidel.jpg

For all who are so worried about retaliation, have you considered that these people have been actively plotting, and attempting these acts all this time? Just a thought. They will continue to be terrorists until they are stopped. One can not reason rationally with a person who is willing to train and use children to commit suicide to kill Westerners. The Crusades are far from over...

Ted
    Proud Father of a US Army Airborne Medic Afghanistan Veteran

I'm expecting retaliation, no doubt. Worried about it? Sure. Would I change us taking Osama out? Never. We simply cannot be the kid on the playground who gets punched by a bully and does nothing in defense because they might punch again. I can't agree with you more in that there is no rational way to coexist with terrorists. I feel for the Muslim community (true Muslims, not these evil terrorists who call themselves Muslim). They take a lot of wrath by all of this.
  • merrillfoster
    merrillfoster Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I already hate whatever song Toby Keith is going to write about it, lol
  • humblemonkey
    humblemonkey Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    EXTREMELY PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN! God bless the USA!

But got to keep our guard up. Hornets will be buzzing for more blood.

If anyone deserved to die, it was him for sure!

I second this.
  • 1234lbsgone
    1234lbsgone Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I will not rejoice in the killing of any man. Tonight I pray for World Peace and remember the words of one of our greatest teachers: "Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars... Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that." - MLK"

Well said. Great quote.
  • ahartery9891
    ahartery9891 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    To be honest, I think it's not going to be beneficial at all. Good thing that Al Queida (sp?) no longer have a leader, and maybe some civilians are safe, but I don't think this means that the war is over. Too much money is already sunk into the military efforts in Afghanistan and Iraq already, and with the investments that the US already have in the area (mainly oil) being a necessity to America's way of life, I don't think they are going to pull out of the area until the country is running the way they want it to, for their benefit. Life goes on, same as yesturday and the day before.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Because if you say you are afraid of what might happen you are dishonoring every person who has ever fought for what this country stands for. Stand up and protect your freedom. Do not be a victim.

LET'S ROLL!!!
This discussion has been closed.