I have to ask, how do you feel about the Osama news??

Options

Replies

• brewingaz
    brewingaz Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options

Reportedly, it was OUR bullets that killed him, going against his wishes of having his guards kill him versus the United States. That makes his death even sweeter!

blinkWTF.gif

I don't get how funny pics get removed but people can say stuff like this and it's okay.
    Pretty sick in my opinion.

Sorry you find it sick. When someone as evil as this guy was doesn't get a wish, it's a good thing.

I think we all fear retaliation from his death, but we can't just sit back and not take action because of that fear. That's allowing them to be a bully, which is excactly what terrorists want.
  • Stephanieb325
    Stephanieb325 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    My Brother was in the Army(Infantry). But we lost him to this war September 22, 2004 in Iraq. After 7 years of not having him here, after 7 years knowing he was killed in the line of duty this news is a relief to me. It hurts to have someone taken away from you when they were so close to coming home. He was an awesome person, he was going to go very far in life but it was cut soooo short. My Brother had just turned 21 on September 18, 2004 and was supposed to return home to us the next month but did not make it back alive. Its tragic that he was taken from us. After a year and a half of him being over there we lost him. He was supposed to be married, supposed to have kids, supposed to be alive with us now. But because of 9/11 because of Osama Bin Laden he was taken from us. The pain will always be there and my entire family will never be over him being gone, but the thought of this other man being gone.... is relief to me.
  • 1234lbsgone
    1234lbsgone Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I am more concerned with the retaliation. So what if he is dead. There are plenty of followers who are now angry. Regardless of whether we agree with their ways or not, they did what they did to us because it was what they believed was warranted. We in turn, responded alike, and they in turn will respond alike, and so the cycle continues as it has always existed.

I would never celebrate the death of any human. I don't care who they were, what their crimes were, or why it had to be done. The judgement of humanity does not lie on my shoulders. The fact remains, it had to be done. But to them, what they did had to be done. In the end, the winner will not be the one with the biggest killing toll or the biggest arms; it will be the one who simply stops reacting based on emotion and starts acting based on humanity.

That is my human opinion. Religion and politics were not involved in the making of this conclusion.
  • adristory
    adristory Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'm sure Osama had instructions as to what his followers needed to do in case of his death, so naturally it is scarry. We need to be very aware adn vigilant about what's going on around us.

I also think it is really freaky that also on 5/1 in 1945 Hitler also died. http://news.bbc.co.uk/onthisday/hi/dates/stories/may/1/default.stm
  • lovediets
    lovediets Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    This is wonderful news!!!! It is some consolation for those who lost loved ones on 9/11.
  • cakeordeath
    cakeordeath Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    im worried about an increase in attacks and what that means for my husband (who is deployed over there) and the 1000's of other troops over there.
  • bmontgomery87
    bmontgomery87 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options

Sorry you find it sick. When someone as evil as this guy was doesn't get a wish, it's a good thing.

I think we all fear retaliation from his death, but we can't just sit back and not take action because of that fear. That's allowing them to be a bully, which is excactly what terrorists want.

Not saying that. I'm saying you came across as a pretty sick person. Along with a few others in this thread.

When they were posting videos of our soldiers being killed, every one of them was thinking "this is great, evil people are being killed".

That mentality is what makes this world such a volitale place.
  • brewingaz
    Options
    My Brother was in the Army(Infantry). But we lost him to this war September 22, 2004 in Iraq. After 7 years of not having him here, after 7 years knowing he was killed in the line of duty this news is a relief to me. It hurts to have someone taken away from you when they were so close to coming home. He was an awesome person, he was going to go very far in life but it was cut soooo short. My Brother had just turned 21 on September 18, 2004 and was supposed to return home to us the next month but did not make it back alive. Its tragic that he was taken from us. After a year and a half of him being over there we lost him. He was supposed to be married, supposed to have kids, supposed to be alive with us now. But because of 9/11 because of Osama Bin Laden he was taken from us. The pain will always be there and my entire family will never be over him being gone, but the thought of this other man being gone.... is relief to me.

I'm so sorry for your loss. We are all forever in debt to the sacrifice people like your brother has made for us.
  • bmontgomery87
    Options

9/11 and the Iraq war weren't related hun.
    Sorry that your family lost someone, but people can't blame every soldiers death on Bin Laden and 9/11 when they weren't even connected to that war.
  • msdominique1
    msdominique1 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    It kind of makes me scared of what will come next D:

I FEEL THE SAME WAY
  • brewingaz
    Options

Not saying that. I'm saying you came across as a pretty sick person. Along with a few others in this thread.

When they were posting videos of our soldiers being killed, every one of them was thinking "this is great, evil people are being killed".

That mentality is what makes this world such a volitale place.

Hey if you think I'm sick, fine. But the reality is our country was the one to take out a person of such evil with the blood of thousands on his hands. Not just blood from people in our country, but blood from people world wide. Someone like that does not deserve a dying wish such as what he wanted.
  • freerange
    freerange Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    Folks,

This is a very charged topic, I'm going to leave it up, but I must ask that we keep it in the form of a general discussion, please refrain from making religious or political statements and/or taunts on this, or any MFP thread. Lets all remember that MyFitnessPal is composed of individuals from all walks of life, nationalities, belief systems, religions, and political viewpoints. As such we request that you make your best attempt to comment in a productive and inoffensive manner.

thank you,

SHBoss1673
    MyFitnessPal Moderator

Then you should lock it now because this is a Religious AND Political topic.
  • innerfashionista
    innerfashionista Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Folks,

This is a very charged topic, I'm going to leave it up, but I must ask that we keep it in the form of a general discussion, please refrain from making religious or political statements and/or taunts on this, or any MFP thread. Lets all remember that MyFitnessPal is composed of individuals from all walks of life, nationalities, belief systems, religions, and political viewpoints. As such we request that you make your best attempt to comment in a productive and inoffensive manner.

thank you,

SHBoss1673
    MyFitnessPal Moderator

Thank you!
  • DeathIsMyGift
    DeathIsMyGift Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Didn't he die in 2001 of lung cancer? Just saying.
  • bmontgomery87
    Options

Then you should lock it now because this is a Religious AND Political topic.

agreed. if we can't have a discussion that could offend people, this might as well be closed now.
  • HoLLyZ82
    HoLLyZ82 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Now I lay me down to sleep, one less terrorist this world does keep. With all my heart I give my thanks, to those in uniform regardless of ranks. You serve our country and serve it well, with humble hearts your stories tell. So as I rest my weary eyes, while freedom rings our flag still flies. You… give your all, do what you must...with God we live and God we trust ♥
  • Ashleypeterson37
    Ashleypeterson37 Posts: 347 Member
    Options

I think celebrating death is inhumane, no matter whose death that is. I am not sad he's dead, but I am sickened by street parties celebrating it. It's still death, and I can't ever find joy in death, be that human or animal.

I was saying the same thing to my husband this morning about how wrong it is to celebrate the death of a human being. He didn't understand because he is an Army soldier himself. He came in from PT this morning dancing around saying the *kitten* is finally dead! All while doing a victory dance. I looked at him in disgust and pleaded my case and he simply said that my lack of enthusiasm was "un-american"...whatever!
  • VixFit2011
    VixFit2011 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    I have to say regardless of how people feel about Obama this is a huge deal, God bless our President and God bless our troops!!!

I agree.
  • DeathIsMyGift
    DeathIsMyGift Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Lets not forget it was our military who did this not our president. Our president merely gave permission to attack.

Amen!!!!!
  • Losingitin2011
    Losingitin2011 Posts: 572 Member
    Options

I think celebrating death is inhumane, no matter whose death that is. I am not sad he's dead, but I am sickened by street parties celebrating it. It's still death, and I can't ever find joy in death, be that human or animal.

I was saying the same thing to my husband this morning about how wrong it is to celebrate the death of a human being. He didn't understand because he is an Army soldier himself. He came in from PT this morning dancing around saying the *kitten* is finally dead! All while doing a victory dance. I looked at him in disgust and pleaded my case and he simply said that my lack of enthusiasm was "un-american"...whatever!

Don't let it get to you. I can see both sides of it, and in your own ways, you are both 100% right. I think it is wrong to celebrate killing someone else. On the other hand, the man killed committed horrible crimes against us, killing innocent people. It's a tricky topic really.
This discussion has been closed.