I have to ask, how do you feel about the Osama news??

Options

Replies

• bmontgomery87
    bmontgomery87 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options

I was saying the same thing to my husband this morning about how wrong it is to celebrate the death of a human being. He didn't understand because he is an Army soldier himself. He came in from PT this morning dancing around saying the *kitten* is finally dead! All while doing a victory dance. I looked at him in disgust and pleaded my case and he simply said that my lack of enthusiasm was "un-american"...whatever!

And this is the downfall of our country.
    Either you are pro-war and think it's fine to celebrate the death of "terrorists" while overlooking the fact that the Iraq war made us "terrorists" by definition.
    Or you're against the war, and you are now un-american.

It's sad that people don't realize that the terrorist think they're doing the right thing. Just like we think our soldiers are doing the right thing.
    Not trying to defend them at all, I'm just saying both sides are doing some terrible things, and the blood is on our hands.
  • Losingitin2011
    Losingitin2011 Posts: 572 Member
    Options

I was saying the same thing to my husband this morning about how wrong it is to celebrate the death of a human being. He didn't understand because he is an Army soldier himself. He came in from PT this morning dancing around saying the *kitten* is finally dead! All while doing a victory dance. I looked at him in disgust and pleaded my case and he simply said that my lack of enthusiasm was "un-american"...whatever!

And this is the downfall of our country.
    Either you are pro-war and think it's fine to celebrate the death of "terrorists" while overlooking the fact that the Iraq war made us "terrorists" by definition.
    Or you're against the war, and you are now un-american.

It's sad that people don't realize that the terrorist think they're doing the right thing. Just like we think our soldiers are doing the right thing.
    Not trying to defend them at all, I'm just saying both sides are doing some terrible things, and the blood is on our hands.

This.
  • bmontgomery87
    Options
    I agree with what was said above.
    Both sides are right and wrong.
    It's a touchy subject, and it's going to offend people because either way you look at it, it's upsetting.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    My cousin died when the twin towers collapsed on 9/11. I remember that feeling of helplessness, seeing people around the world cheering for her death, and I have never let it go, nor will I ever. I remember the funeral. I remember seeing her coffin laid into the ground, a woman far too young to be in that box buried 6 feet below.

I am thankful that Osama is dead. I woke up this morning happy that I got to see a new day and he didn't. Let us also not forget that he killed thousands of his own people worldwide, hundreds of our allies as well as over 3,000 Americans. If you can't bring yourself to call a mass murderer like Osama bin Laden evil then I think you need to do some serious soul searching.

Am I naive enough to believe that this will end terrorism? No, however, it did help me sleep last night.
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I realize what a threat he was to our country, but there are still so many who hate America. I have mixed feelings over his death. Though awful can't even begin to describe the destruction he caused our country...he is still a soul. I'm not saying we should necessarily mourn his death...but I am disturbed by the celebrating that took place over it. Are we no better than he was? It is one of my aspirations to see all through the eyes of Jesus. The Bible tells us that He is not willing that any should perish. "Any" includes OBL. There's not a doubt in my mind that the majority of his life caused God much grief and sorrow, but had the miraculous happened God would have forgiven him. I live my life to please Jesus. My attitude and feelings towards those around me, including world events, will affect whether or not I spend eternity in Heaven or hell. I refuse to let someone else's poor choices cause me to be lost and spend eternity in the lake of fire.

I agree with you and others who have posted similar such statements. I was one who was rejoicing also until I read a post where someone just felt sadness. I realized that Heaven was not rejoicing over a lost soul and neither can I.

To all you who are rejoicing, please understand, I'm not judging you or saying you shouldn't rejoice and be happy. It's just that as someone who has been born again, I no longer can rejoice. I hope I don't get this thread locked. :noway:
  • Naomi91
    Naomi91 Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Lets not forget it was our military who did this not our president. Our president merely gave permission to attack.

Amen!!!!!

I heard Obama killed him with his bare hands :laugh:
  • bmontgomery87
    Options

I think chuck norris had something to do with it.
  • bmontgomery87
    Options
    roflbotl5wt.jpg

I'm outta here. Lunch time.
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    I didn't read past the 1st page, but Bin hasn't been in charge for years. Bin was just the face we continued to attached to terriorist and their works. Basically just the face we've come to know & hate because of 911. I think he just grew tired of running and hiding. He knew his time was coming. I mean he wasn't killed in a rabbit hole. He was basically in a mansion with high walls.

The threat is still remains and I think the President made that pretty clear last night.
  • freerange
    freerange Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    What I find sick is the amount of people here worried about what might happen, worried that us taking him out will cause retaliation, all but saying “maybe we should have just left well enough alone”. That is sick and saddening to me.

We have become a country of cowards.

It’s a darn good thing all of your Grand Parents didn’t show the weakness I’m seeing here, else we would all be speaking German, or Japanese.

This POS deserved to die a horrendous, torturous death 3000x over, and they should take his head and put it on a spike at ground zero.
  • MissO﹠A
    MissO﹠A Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    It makes me a little concerned about the repercussion for his death at US hands. Also I don't like the big celebration of his death because I remember how they celebrated on 9/11 when all those American lives were loss. Not a good look for either.

Well expressed and exactly my thoughts.
  • brewingaz
    brewingaz Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options

Dammit, I was going to say that!
  • Naomi91
    Naomi91 Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    What I find sick is the amount of people here worried about what might happen, worried that us taking him out will cause retaliation, all but saying “maybe we should have just left well enough alone”. That is sick and saddening to me.

It’s a darn good thing all of your Grand Parents didn’t show the weakness I’m seeing here, else we would all be speaking German, or Japanese.

This POS deserved to die a horrendous, torturous death 3000x over, and they should take his head and put it on a spike at ground zero.

No, I dont think anyone on here think that we should have left him be :p

It needed to be done, but it still causes fear. Its human nature to be scared.
  • tiggr62
    tiggr62 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    It is a great day for our troops and a long time coming. I just hope that the back lash of this isn't to much, that being said
    WOO HOO OUR TROOPS ROCK
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Al Queda wants to kill innocent people all over the world regardless. No, this is not the end. Bin Laden was this generations Hitler, he needed to be brought to justice. I will never claim to be the most pious of Christians. I'll just say that I'm glad he is gone.
  • brewingaz
    brewingaz Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options

I think retaliation is to be expected. Fear is nothing to say we are cowards. A coward is one who runs and hides in the face of fear. We aren't hiding in the face of fear.

But I am agreeing about us needing to do this. We simply CANNOT be the kid on the playground who gets punched by a bully, but do nothing to defend ourselves for fear of the next punch.
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options

The way you are thinking is the same way they think about us because just like they bombed us on 911 we have done just as bad to them and worse.

Eye for an eye....and the vicious cycle continues.
  • HoLLyZ82
    HoLLyZ82 Posts: 467 Member
    Options

AMEN ...for the most part ;)
  • DeathIsMyGift
    DeathIsMyGift Posts: 434 Member
    Options

Chuck Norris is a d bag.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Lets not forget it was our military who did this not our president. Our president merely gave permission to attack.

Amen!!!!!

At least THIS president was in the right country this time.
This discussion has been closed.