I have to ask, how do you feel about the Osama news??

Options

Replies

• FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    I think its crazy that people are partying.I worry about what will happen next.This is most definatly not the end
  • IrishChick71
    IrishChick71 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I think Al Qaeda is a hydra, and 3 heads will grow back where one was cut off.

I think celebrating death is inhumane, no matter whose death that is. I am not sad he's dead, but I am sickened by street parties celebrating it. It's still death, and I can't ever find joy in death, be that human or animal.

I fear the retribution.

I should add I am much more disturbed by the news of the death of Gaddaffi's son and grandchildren. That really upset me. They were innocent, no matter what a monster their father/grandfather is.

I would say that we are not only celebrating death... We are celebrating that the deaths in 9/11 have finally been laid to rest knowing the killer got what he deserved. Also celebrating the thousands of lives that may have been saved by one man's death

I completely agree! It is the only way to deal with a mass murderer. It's the only action they respect.
  • TammyLanham
    TammyLanham Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    One of my college professors worded it this way:

There should be a place of sadness in the heart of every believer that Bin Laden and many like him never knew the saving grace of our Lord Jesus. Regardless of one's views of war and military participation, no Christ follower should revel in violent means of justice. May God's shalom prevail in all places high and low, and may his mighty presence descend for the healing of the nations.

Really hard to remember this verse right now...
    "Do not rejoice when your enemy falls, and let not your heart be glad when he stumbles." Proverbs 24:17

Part of me celebrates, part of me mourns.
  • Naomi91
    Naomi91 Posts: 892 Member
    Options

I think celebrating death is inhumane, no matter whose death that is. I am not sad he's dead, but I am sickened by street parties celebrating it. It's still death, and I can't ever find joy in death, be that human or animal.

I fear the retribution.

I should add I am much more disturbed by the news of the death of Gaddaffi's son and grandchildren. That really upset me. They were innocent, no matter what a monster their father/grandfather is.

I would say that we are not only celebrating death... We are celebrating that the deaths in 9/11 have finally been laid to rest knowing the killer got what he deserved. Also celebrating the thousands of lives that may have been saved by one man's death

I know. But I will save my sense of relief for when I know what form revenge will take. This may well result in yet more death. I think the whole conflict is a massive massive error in judgement that no one will ever win. It's tearing the world apart.

this i definitely do agree with, like i said earlier i am scared of what will happen next D:
  • Nysie5
    Nysie5 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    while i am releaved and super proud of our troops... this doesnt solve a thing! Justice was served... YES, i hope the families affected by Osama can find some comfort knowing that he paid for what he has done .. However, an eye for an eye makes the whole world go blind... i think everyone celebrating this is no different from Osama, of course him and his followers rejoiced to see out citizens and the towers fall.. now we go and do the same thing.. how are we different? Now whats next?? no one knows, think his followers are just gonna stand by? of course not!

again, i am an american and i love my country, but do not confuse patriotism with inhumanity...
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    I hear Osama's body was buried at sea or lost at sea (haven't read all the details) I hate when the US gov't does something but has no proof, not cool.

Either way this will probably help Obama win the next election.

i heard the body at sea thing, and I also heard its BS.

I am also VERY VERY scared this just re-elected the chosen one and his teleprompter. :sick: :frown:
  • Naomi91
    Options
    while i am releaved and super proud of our troops... this doesnt solve a thing! Justice was served... YES, i hope the families affected by Osama can find some comfort knowing that he paid for what he has done .. However, an eye for an eye makes the whole world go blind... i think everyone celebrating this is no different from Osama, of course him and his followers rejoiced to see out citizens and the towers fall.. now we go and do the same thing.. how are we different? Now whats next?? no one knows, think his followers are just gonna stand by? of course not!

again, i am an american and i love my country, but do not confuse patriotism with inhumanity...

we didnt lose one eye.. we lost a few thousand. He had to be stopped before thousands more were taken.
  • BrownEyedG1rl
    BrownEyedG1rl Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Happy, proud, and breath of fresh air...but can't let our guard down. God bless America!

I agree! I fear what they will do to retaliate!
  • mirandamatte
    mirandamatte Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Lets not forget it was our military who did this not our president. Our president merely gave permission to attack.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    Lets not forget it was our military who did this not our president. Our president merely gave permission to attack.

then took credit for it, as though he hadn't voted against body armor for our troops. Super classy. And totally accurate.
  • MissKim
    MissKim Posts: 2,853 Member
    Options
    I don't believe anything the government tells us. Someone always has their own agenda. I am completely against the death penalty b/c I think every life is valuable to God. but at the same time, if he is dead, I can't say I'm really sad. I know it's wrong, but can't help that I don't feel any sadness there.

Don't believe everything you see on tv. that's what my grandmother told me, and i will always believe that!
  • Nysie5
    Nysie5 Posts: 215 Member
    Options

we didnt lose one eye.. we lost a few thousand. He had to be stopped before thousands more were taken.

i agree he had to be stopped.. thats a given... but this could have been the trigger to the thousands more that may die... im just sick at how ppl celebrated this, like if the war was gonna stop, as if the troops, my friends, were gonna come back.. this solves nothing,
  • aset132
    aset132 Posts: 91
    Options
    I think how you feel about it really depends on how old you were on 9/11, what you remember of your feelings on that day, and how it affected your life. I know that morally I shouldn't be celebrating a death of any human, but I can't help it. I am celebrating. I remember sitting there with my kids who were babies at the time and all I could think about was the tragic loss of life and how scared I was to be raising young children in this changed world. It was terrifying. Yes I'm sure there will be hard times to come and it is still scary, but I slept a little better last night night knowing he was gone.
  • KayakAngel
    KayakAngel Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Glad he's gone, but don't understand the kids cheering at the White House gates like we just won the Super Bowl. Somehow, watching our soldiers celebrate felt good and appropriate (you guys in service rock), but watching the kids climbings trees and fist pumping USA, USA just gave me the creeps. The man was indeed a mass murderer who needed to be taken out, but, guys, your government just executed a man. I just feel more solemn about it.
  • Naomi91
    Options
    I don't believe anything the government tells us. Someone always has their own agenda. I am completely against the death penalty b/c I think every life is valuable to God. but at the same time, if he is dead, I can't say I'm really sad. I know it's wrong, but can't help that I don't feel any sadness there.

Don't believe everything you see on tv. that's what my grandmother told me, and i will always believe that!

Have you seen the death pics yet?
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    Folks,

This is a very charged topic, I'm going to leave it up, but I must ask that we keep it in the form of a general discussion, please refrain from making religious or political statements and/or taunts on this, or any MFP thread. Lets all remember that MyFitnessPal is composed of individuals from all walks of life, nationalities, belief systems, religions, and political viewpoints. As such we request that you make your best attempt to comment in a productive and inoffensive manner.

thank you,

SHBoss1673
    MyFitnessPal Moderator
  • eellis2000
    eellis2000 Posts: 465 Member
    Options

I fear the retribution.

yea people are celebrating his death, but i believe that america would be celebrating in the streets just as much if he had been captured alive. this man lead the group that cost america over 3000 innocent lives including children. If they had attacked a military base or something of that nature it might have been different but really what could a 2mo or 2yr old child have done to them.

as for the Gaddaffi issue i think this might have been done as a smoke screen because they missed him and got his children and grandchildren.
  • MissKim
    Options
    and while i'm venting...and offering my opinion. why do we as people feel the need to have someone pay for crimes? alot of innocent people get blamed b/c we think the only way something is justified is if someone is punished or killed. we always have to have somone to blame. I'm not saying that osama wasn't to blame and that he didn't deserve punishment, but i'm saying people that lost family in 9/11 should already of had peace. someone paying for a crime doesn't take that crime away. so all these tornadoes that came in and killed all kinds of people in alabama (where i am), who's going to die to justify all these innocent lives taken?? sometimes bad things just happen and there is no one to blame. Just b/c this one man is dead doesn't mean the war on terroism is over. who's to even say he was the real leader? he could of just been one of many. I'm not sure if I'm making complete sense, but it's making sense in my head :)
  • Sonofabiscuit2
    Sonofabiscuit2 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Political thread locked in 3...2...
  • MissKim
    Options

Have you seen the death pics yet?

nope, didn't know they had any. i thought his body was lost at sea? or something like that? that's the last i heard. seemed suspicious to me. I just don't believe everything i hear. so i try not to make any judgement on things like this. I just hope everything works out for the best, regardless of what really went down.
This discussion has been closed.