I have to ask, how do you feel about the Osama news??

Options

Replies

• Jovialation
    Jovialation Posts: 7,632 Member
    Options
    ok then please tell them to quit thanking god for the death of someone. Im horribly offended by it.
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    ok then please tell them to quit thanking god for the death of someone. Im horribly offended by it.

If this behavior offends you, then I would suggest reporting it as abuse. I have chosen to leave greetings and signatures alone as they aren't a topic of discussion on this forum post, but if you are offended, I would suggest you report it as abuse and we will evaluate whether it requires us to delete this topic on the basis of merit. I will say this only once, if something offends you, report it, don't comment on a topic about it.
  • runningneo122
    runningneo122 Posts: 6,962 Member
    Options
    I would certainly not wish a person dead, but I am not upset to read certain obituaries.
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    <~~ Takes Jovi by the hand and leads her to a quiet corner. Come along luv. :smile:
  • Jovialation
    Options
    *hangs head and walks away from thread with ZH*
    but but...aw nevermind.
    *grumbles something about baseball*
    123456654321 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Just a reminder, religious or political debate is not allowed, up until now this topic has been mostly kept to an ethical and morality based debate

Which just for the record, I think is a silly rule since all the above often go hand and hand. I see no reason for making certain subject matter off limits in the chit-chat section.
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    Just a reminder, religious or political debate is not allowed, up until now this topic has been mostly kept to an ethical and morality based debate

Which just for the record, I think is a silly rule since all the above often go hand and hand. I see no reason for making certain subject matter off limits in the chit-chat section.

Regardless, these are the rules, I don't make them up, I'm simply tasked with enforcing them to the best of my ability. This is not the place for a rules debate, please directly personal message Mike or one of the moderators (like myself) if you have comments or complaints about the forum rules.
  • Jovialation
    Options
    how i feel about this thread now
    1202522357998.gif?t=1304435078
  • lloydrt
    lloydrt Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    in regards to the dancing in the streets and chanting, remember when VE and VJ days were celebrated in Times Square.(1945) celebrating the end of WW2, in Europe (Germany) and the Pacific (Japan) .......Remember Pearl Harbor? Remember how it was the Nazis who wanted to exterminate the Jews?

......actually ,there was a famous photograph of a sailor kissing a nurse, he had her on one foot and had dipped her and planted her with a huge kiss in the photo of the celebrations..I think this same photo appeared on Life magazine in the 40s.......

Well, anyways, it was a celebration that meant the war was over, FDR was on the radio in his fire side chats congratulating Europe for their support in ridding the world of one worthless piece of trash.Adolph Hitler
    5 millions Jews went to their deaths because of this one dictator, and the coward killed himself had his henchmen burn his body as well as Eva Bruans body in his bunker there in Berlin. ( SP)

I know people seem upset with the way Osamas body was handled, too bad he didnt follow Hitlers way and just be done with it. Save us the cost of burying him.

.I thought it was against the law to pollute the oceans with trash ?

Just my thoughts is all, hope everyones doing well..........Lloyd
  • ZebraHead
    Options
    @Jovi - Get back over here!! :noway:
  • Jovialation
    Options
    *uncontrollable twitching*
    but but...!

*follows ZH*
    *grumbles about needing a drink*
  • jkleman79
    jkleman79 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    but but...!

*follows ZH*

Jovi and angel.... Thanks for the chuckle. =0) We needed to lighten up this thread a bit. Have an awesome day.
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Ok, I was goinig to say something (within the context of the rules) that may "offend" someone but decided to keep my big mouth shut. :bigsmile: Outta here.
  • Jovialation
    Options
    but but...!

*follows ZH*

Jovi and angel.... Thanks for the chuckle. =0) We needed to lighten up this thread a bit. Have an awesome day.

It might be a little my fault that this thread got so crazy anyway

@Momma ...please DM me said possibly offensive thing. Im so curious
    Options
    Taking pride and celebrating murder will not help us achieve peace. Instead it just perpetuates the never ending cycle of hatred in this world. I can promise you now, weather they are successful or not, they are plotting their revenge on us. Life will go on like this til the day I die. Back and fourth back and fourth... <<<That's not something I'm proud of. Call me un American, I don't really give a ****. At least I try to be a decent human.

Exactly.

Its one thing to feel like this is progress. It's another to think death is a good thing. It doesn't matter what an evil person he was. What matters is that it had to come this far. PERIOD.

I know people over there too. Not just in the service, but Middle Eastern citizens who respect our men and women for being over there. Not because we are a bigger and badder country, but because we are HUMAN. Terrorists don't think that way. They are all about what belongs to them, what they deserve, what they want. Two worngs don't make a right. So coming back with things like they deserve what they get, we are a better country, bomb them all, and fighting amongst ourselves does not make us look much different than they do. Someone said earlier in this thread that the "innocent" people deserved to get blown up because they allow these thing to go on in their country. Lest we forget what makes us such a great country? We have rights and power in our government that other countries don't. Simple 4th grade history can teach us that. It is this kind of ignorance that leads to misunderstandings that lead to us tearing each other apart.

We don't see our bombings over there as a bad thing. But the citizens over there, well it kind of messes up their day. Many were forced to come here because they had no other place to go. They didn't have a say in what goes on, we are the country that has the freedom to talk *kitten* about the people in charge. There, you might get killed.

And to clarify about the cheering in the streets..... After 9/11 our media played video of the people of the Middle East celebrating. First of all, some of those tapes were old and not filmed after 9/11. Second, Most people were mourning. Earlier in this thread someone said "Don't believe everything you see on TV" So true. Of the people I know in Egypt, Iraq, Saudi Arabia, and Lebonon-- there were no celebrations. Why, because the WHOLE THING is SAD. Every single aspect of it. What those terrorist did was hijack an entire religion and use it against us along with our planes. They stand for nothing more than themselves and should not be confused with the decent men and women of the Middle East. At the same time, they believe in what they are doing just as strongly as we do.

We had 9/11 in my lifetime. Not to take away from the magnitude of the situation, but thats it. We don't have war on our soil. But if we keep up this self righteous attitude, we will. Every great empire will fall. History has taught us nothing. We will not be the giant gorrilla in the jungle forever. What good would it do to disrespect his body after we gave him the greatest disrespect of all by killing him? So we could all act like we tell our children not to? He's dead. Problem solved. Now lets quit all the b*tching and move on to phase two because this isn't over by any means. Save your celebrations for the end of the war, not the death of one man.

People call me unAmerican all the time. I believe in recycling and not polluting. I cast my vote at EVERY election based on research not TV commercials and rumors. I write to and call my senators and congress woman when I don't like what I see. I believe in the Constitution and what it stands for. I exercise my rights to free speech and peaceful protest. Apparently, these are things that make me different from the rest of my fellow Americans. How sad is that. I stand for our freedom, but because I do it peacefully and without anger and hate I am unAmerican. My friends who are serving over seas, they love this country, but you know what. Not all of our soldiers over there are proud of this. They are sick to their stomachs.While we are here calling each other names and fighting with each other, they are there being killed for our right to do this.

<3 Thank you. Very well said.

I sometimes think people confuse compassion for others as disrespect for our own people and that simply is not the case. Nearly 3000 people died on 9/11 for no good reason and that makes me incredibly sad.....but I am equally as sad about the innocent lives we have taken and homes we have destroyed during the process of this war....or any war for that matter. No matter how badly people want think there is, there is just no clear cut good/evil side in situations like these. The grey area is much larger then anything else. Like you said, this entire situation is SAD. Celebrating a situation as sad of this one is just kinda sick to me. Sorry, that's just how I feel.
  • VictorinoDennis
    Options
    I think that Bush and his admin deserve to be recognized for this. Some people seem to think that Osama didn't have an effect on his followers they are wrong. He was still giving orders. Also the Pakistan govt should be under investigation for allowing him to hide there. No one can say they didn't know it was him when the community he lived in was for retired officers of the Pakistan army. Cmon this is huge for Americans. I dont see a threat considering that Al Qeada was falling apart before his death.
  • Jovialation
    Options
    ...WUT?!

oh, right, i said id stop reading this crap
  • ZebraHead
    Options
    ...WUT?!

oh, right, i said id stop reading this crap

*snap finger, points to postion in corner... taps foot waiting...
  • Jovialation
    Options
    *goes back to corner*
    Options
    I think that Bush and his admin deserve to be recognized for this. Some people seem to think that Osama didn't have an effect on his followers they are wrong. He was still giving orders. Also the Pakistan govt should be under investigation for allowing him to hide there. No one can say they didn't know it was him when the community he lived in was for retired officers of the Pakistan army. Cmon this is huge for Americans. I dont see a threat considering that Al Qeada was falling apart before his death.

Please b troll.
This discussion has been closed.