Harry Potter Weight Loss Challenge - Hufflepuff

Options

Replies

• JD92
    JD92 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    an updated member list! we now have 29 Hufflepuffs. please check that your starting weight and goal weights are right. for any goal weights i didnt have, i just subracted 10 from the starting weight. i can change it if you want, no worries!

hufflepuffchart2.png
  • fitterpam
    fitterpam Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    Howdy Hufflepuffs, I'm reporting for duty :flowerforyou: So excited
  • MEMoggridge
    MEMoggridge Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Hiya fellow Hufflepuffs!!! Glad to have been sorted to here!!! Keen to start shedding lbs!! :happy: Worried in case I let you down!!! :embarassed:
    What is this weeks challenge??? I couldn't see it on the original thread!!!
  • DEgal99
    DEgal99 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    HI!

My goal weight in the chart is my overall goal weight! I was a little confused when I initially started! Hehe, oops! Ca we change that to a GW of 168 for this challenge! Thanks. :)
  • aab1
    aab1 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    HI!

My goal weight in the chart is my overall goal weight! I was a little confused when I initially started! Hehe, oops! Ca we change that to a GW of 168 for this challenge! Thanks. :)

@ Degal - SOOOOOO glad you posted your challenge GW for our list to be corrected. I was a little nervous on your 48lb goal. I'm hoping VanesMarie gave her overall GW as well and needs to correct it. (Can you tell I'm a little competitive?? :smokin: . )

Should the Hufflepuff house begin weekly challenges?? Thoughts??

hufflepuff20shield.jpg
  • VanesMarie88
    Options
    Yup sorry. Challenge goal is 155
  • aab1
    aab1 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Yup sorry. Challenge goal is 155

SAAAAWEEEEAT! Thanks for the correction!

Uno had set the first week's challenge as (1) drinking 8 glasses/day plus an additional 1-2 glasses for every 30 minutes of exercise. (2) Doing 30 minutes of exercise everyday.

Is this enough of a challenge for us or should add a Hufflepuff twist to it???

Oh, and BTW, I just snuck thru the other houses' threads (no worries, I had my cloak of invisibility on so no one saw me). No competition at all....we are SO going to SMOKE this challenge!!
  • newmeat30
    newmeat30 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    I'm so excited to be in the group. It is funny...when I was scrolling down the list of members in each house I felt just like Harry thinking "Anything but SLYTHERIN". :laugh:

I just wanted to make sure that my correct info is posted here. I think that it was posted before as 131.2 (I wish!)

5/1: 139.2
    Goal by 7/14: 128-130
  • andreadawn1012
    andreadawn1012 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I really like that chart! alright let's go Hufflepuff!
  • sundance2032
    sundance2032 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone... Proud to be a HUFFLEPUFF :) Lets kick some lbs :)

Good luck everyone, we an do it...

Allyson

...Great chart, thank you for taking charge :)...
  • sundance2032
    Options
    JD92, how did you get the Hufflepuff logo into your ticker? Looks great and I'd like to copy if that's okay.

Edit: figured it out :drinker:

Can you help me out now that you figured it out... Also how do you edit your posts???
    Thanks for the help :)
  • azsuzi
    azsuzi Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Hi, everyone. Don't mean to intrude - Head of Ravenclaw here.

JD92, your chart looks great! Would you mind sharing the calculations with me? I'm trying to get a handle on the best way to track everyone's weight.

Thanks so much - good night Hufflepuff!
  • Katrob9
    Katrob9 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I think having a weekly additional challenge for Hufflepuff is a brilliant idea! :)
  • diverchic73
    diverchic73 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    JD92, how did you get the Hufflepuff logo into your ticker? Looks great and I'd like to copy if that's okay.

Edit: figured it out :drinker:

Can you help me out now that you figured it out... Also how do you edit your posts???
    Thanks for the help :)

Hi
    Ticker:
    Go to the link provided by JD92 with the different images. To do that, copy and paste the link (minus the and) into your browser bar on a new tab so that the image comes up. Right click on the image and save it somewhere on your computer where it's easy to find again. Go into Tools, then Tickers and select ‘change the style of your ticker’. Then choose ‘Personalized’ and select the saved image. It will then let you centre on the part of the image you want to have in your ticker and you can set it.

Edit:
    If you go back to your post there should be a linky in the bottom right hand bit under the signature where it says report | quote | reply. There should be on that says 'edit' just click on that and it will take you back into your original post so you can edit it.

Hope that helps!
  • fitterpam
    fitterpam Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    How is everyone doing on the challenges this week? I started off slow, but am ramping up. It's the time of year for my most favourite exercise of all......yardwork. Such a physical thing AND I get to see results!!!

I'm off to do my morning walk outside (again finally the season to be able to do it this early). Don't torture yourself over a few wayward snacks. Instead be kind and make your next choice a healthy one. We can be better today than we were tomorrow!!!!!

Oh and feel free to friend me if I don't get to you first (when I join a new challenge, I tend to run out of room for friend requests quickly :flowerforyou: )
  • JD92
    JD92 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    yay, lovely to come and see some house unity going on!

i copied over the challenge from Uno -

"Food challenge: drink 8 glasses of water per day and add 1-2 glasses for every 30 mins of exercise you get.(if you want to drink more that's fine, just make sure the minimum is 8)

Exercise challenge: do some sort of exercise for at least 30 minutes per day (can be anything-walking, running, swimming, biking, horseback riding, moderate house cleaning, weight lifting etc)"

for all who gave me their correct weight info, i got it! our chart is looking looonnggg - we have 29 of us so far, and it is def going to grow as there are a bunch of new people over on the main thread looking in too.

so, for the suggested Hufflepuff challenge, we can all have a think for that one. im googling it (my motto for life - google it!) and trying to get some ideas.

to start, to get to know each other better, how about we each post completely random/wierd/cool/different/etc facts or things about ourselves, for giggles if nothing else. :tongue: ?
  • diverchic73
    diverchic73 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm trying to think of something random/weird/cool/different/etc to say about myself and am failing dismally other than to say that I have puffer fish as pets.

I have:
    1 Palembang Puffer named Humphrey
    1 M. Abei puffer named G3 (short for George III)
    4 Dwarf Puffers who don't have names but are very cute little beasties
  • sundance2032
    Options
    I'm Allyson...

We have 4 dogs that we named Lady, Hiccup, Sausha, and Licorice and about 50 chickens, one cat named Meow Meow and a beta named bata :) (if you guess we live on a farm :))

I am a stay at home mom and am kinda lazy :/

I was in the Marine Corp and loaded bombs... :)

I stayed up for days straight reading HP books when they came out :)
  • Katrob9
    Katrob9 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Hmm... random things about ourselves...

1) I used to be in Rolf's cartoon club but left when I wrote Rolf Harris a letter and he didn't reply. I'd love to say it was when I was a kid but I was like 26!
    2) I'm double jointed and can dislocate my shoulder as a party trick (gross I know!)
    3) I met my fiance on match.com
  • beckey24
    beckey24 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I always struggle with things like this...I guess I don't really think of myself as that interesting :)

1.) I have a 18 month old Mastiff named Bronco....someday I hope to weigh less than he does :)
    2.) Thanks to my husband I am a HUGE NASCAR fan(drools over Denny Hamlin)
    3.) I currently have a BBA in Management, MBA in Business, and plan to return to school in June for Accounting.