Harry Potter Weight Loss Challenge - Hufflepuff

Options

Replies

• lexiwho
    lexiwho Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I too am a recovering Wow addict. I used to play ALL THE TIME. I even played at work since i worked front desk at a hotel. I quit after 3.5 years about a year ago because it was consuming my life. My current favorite games are probably Borderlands, Dead space series and Dragon Age...currently working on DA 2. I never got into call of duty but I love to kick some butt on Halo. I love zombie games too....oh how much of a nerd i am.

Yea, WoW was a huge catalyst into me being as heavy as I am. "Raid starts in half an hour and we haven't had dinner, guess we'll grab some fast food." x4 a week with no exercise = huge weight gain, haha. I love anything Bioware has put out, I still need to finish DA2 and realllllly looking forward to ME:3 and the MMO of SW:TOR. I'm with you on the zombie games, I'm a huge zombie fan in any form really. My favorite FPS is probably Team Fortress 2, give me a sniper gun and I'm good to go on most games. :happy:
  • VanesMarie88
    Options
    Yea, WoW was a huge catalyst into me being as heavy as I am. "Raid starts in half an hour and we haven't had dinner, guess we'll grab some fast food." x4 a week with no exercise = huge weight gain, haha. I love anything Bioware has put out, I still need to finish DA2 and realllllly looking forward to ME:3 and the MMO of SW:TOR. I'm with you on the zombie games, I'm a huge zombie fan in any form really. My favorite FPS is probably Team Fortress 2, give me a sniper gun and I'm good to go on most games. :happy:

Yup WoW will def help you make BAD food choices. Same thing happened with me. It was either grab fast food or not eat or if you had no time grab chips or something. Bioware is amazing. I never personally played ME but I've watched my boyfriend play, just haven't had the time with all the other games I have. I can't snipe for anything...I normally get sniped. I like to grab like an SMG and just run in shooting and hope for the best.
  • Nita_Bita
    Nita_Bita Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! My name is Anita and I am a recovering food addict lol (particularly anything with sugar). My starting weight is 157 with my goal weight being 145. Some facts about me:

1.) I have a B.S. in Animal Science and I'm currently undecided whether I want to go back to school for Veterinary Technician or a Veterinarian.

2.) I am absolutely in love with dairy cattle! :happy:

3.) I have two favorite shows of ALL time: Dexter and Doctor Who. (lexib0t: the 10th doctor is my favorite as well!)

4.) I am currently engaged to my fiancee/best friend of 5 years.

Oh and I absolutely LOVE Harry Potter! Woot!
  • Tamelaine
    Tamelaine Posts: 37
    Options
    i cried my eyes out when Cedric died. :cry:

Tamelaine, have you seen Remember Me, with Robert Pattinson and Emilie de Ravin??
    I have! Is his next movie that is coming out Breaking Dawn?
  • JD92
    JD92 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    i cried my eyes out when Cedric died. :cry:

Tamelaine, have you seen Remember Me, with Robert Pattinson and Emilie de Ravin??
    I have! Is his next movie that is coming out Breaking Dawn?

i think his next film is Bel Ami?

anyhow, i honestly bawled like a baby at Remember Me, even though i knew the ending going in the cinema (accidentally saw it online). i watched it again last week with my sister and teared up again - why does he always have to be dying or dead in his movies??
  • monocot
    monocot Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Howdy Just got sorted here.
    Starting 225. Goal 150
    A bit about me:
    I work in a kitchen, I love it But it gives me unlimited access to All kinds of Food
    I Love cats But am not allowed to have them in my apartment. But I have a blue tongued Skink and a chinchilla
    I had weight loss surgery in January 5
    I adore Neon Orange and Lime Green. MY favorite Colors XD
  • eeyorelvr09
    eeyorelvr09 Posts: 97 Member
    Options

i have a Robert Pattinson calender on the wall of my dorm. on it is a bright pink post-it saying "Cedric Diggory lives on!"

Sadly, the reason I was so excited to be in Hufflepuff! Anyone see Water for Elephants yet? Love him!

I'm not too exciting of a person--been married 7 years to my high school sweetheart. We have two little girls--5 and 2 and I'm a stay at home mom.
    Something interesting about me is that I was adopted by my paternal grandmother when I was in high school so that makes my dad my brother legally. Weird!

I saw Wwater for Elephants when it came out. I'm an emotional person, so I cried. Reese is my favorite actress and plan on using Reese as a middle name for one of my future girls(hopefully, I'll have a girl now). Maybe I should have put that as one of my fun facts. Anywho- Reese and Robert were amazing together.
  • aab1
    aab1 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Completed today's exercise - Ripped in 30 (W2D6) & cycled. I've gotten in all my water and then some. Looking forward to Sunday's weigh in!

motivational-poster-hufflepuff-dynamos.jpg
  • lexiwho
    lexiwho Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! My name is Anita and I am a recovering food addict lol (particularly anything with sugar). My starting weight is 157 with my goal weight being 145. Some facts about me:

1.) I have a B.S. in Animal Science and I'm currently undecided whether I want to go back to school for Veterinary Technician or a Veterinarian.

3.) I have two favorite shows of ALL time: Dexter and Doctor Who. (lexib0t: the 10th doctor is my favorite as well!)

Yay, another DW fan! ♥ Also, Dexter is pretty amazing as well, I can't wait for the new season.
  • Katrob9
    Katrob9 Posts: 431 Member
    Options

Yay, another DW fan! ♥ Also, Dexter is pretty amazing as well, I can't wait for the new season.

I have to say that the 10th is my favourite too, although I am liking Matt Smith!
  • JD92
    Options
    havent had any water today yet, but im about to head into my dorm communal kitchen to make an early dinner, so will make sure to get plenty in then!

my flatmate and i are going to see Water for Elephants tonightttt. so looking forward to getting out of this room and having a proper conversation. ive barely spoken outloud to anyone in days. this is what i get coming back to my dorm before anyone else!

Happy Friday everyone!!!
  • Katrob9
    Options
    Happy Friday! Hope everyone is doing well with their exercise and water intake. We totally have this! :)
  • turbogirl4christ
    Options
    Hi everyone!
    I'm Sarah and I just got sorted here!!
    Lets see...some stuff about me...I am 29, from Michigan and I am married...I am a stay at home mom...I have 3 boys, Cole who is 12, Kaleb who is 4 and Erik who is 2...also have a 1 year old pug named Violet and a 2 year old cat named Milo...
    My starting weight is 160. Nice to meet everyone!!
  • UnoDiamante
    UnoDiamante Posts: 356
    Options
    New members:
    PDeSeure - 133.5 - Hufflepuff
    Wheelieblade - 199.3 - Hufflepuff
    AnoukDoutyBatya - 170 - Hufflepuff
    inspired2lose - Hufflepuff
  • Katrob9
    Options
    Welcome new bagers!! I'm just watching DH Part 1. Awesome!! :)
  • JD92
    Options
    i made my exercise today, a 50 minute brisk walk with friends, but im only 4 glasses into my water =( its after midnight, so technically it is saturday already, but im going to sneak into the kitchen and knock back another 4. ill be peeing into the night, thats for sure, but i want to make this challenge!

katrob - i was watching goblet of fire earlier when i was doing my hair. i love me some cedric diggory :heart: im so excited for Part 2, its only 10 weeks away!!!

oh, and welcome to our 4 new members! we are up to 36 badgers now - we are so gonna kick butt!
  • Katrob9
    Options
    My fiance harrumphed and wandered off to play on the computer rather than watch wizards 'prancing about'.I nearly lamped him! I love Harry Potter, how dare he call it prancing about?!! LOL

Some people have no taste!
  • UnoDiamante
    UnoDiamante Posts: 356
    Options
    GROUP WILL BE CUT OFF AS OF SATURDAY AT MIDNIGHT. NO MORE MEMBERS WILL BE ALLOWED TO JOIN AND ANY WHO I DO NOT HAVE START WEIGHTS FOR YET WILL BE REMOVED FROM THE GROUP.
  • AnoukDoutyBatya
    Options
    Hi peeps!

A little late but still got sorted here. Ready to kick some butt :)

Lost 31 lbs allready, but want to loose another 20 lbs...

Some facts about me ;)

1) I'm from Holland ! (but don't really like cheese.. hehe)
    2) Got two cats and two dogs
    3) I'm absolutely in love with RON!! He's the sweetest!

Sorry if my english spelling isn't great...

And I totally completed the week challenge, so I'm keeping up!
  • darthwein
    darthwein Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I admit I will not be able to do the water challenge. I honestly hate the taste of water, and have no idea how I could possibly drink that much. But a few fun things about me:

I am a father of 3 girls (6yo and 2 22 month olds) Yes twins

I grew up with a hard to live with last name. Lots of teasing from kids when you last name is Weiner. I have heard them all, but please feel free to share any good Weiner jokes with me. I love them now.

I have been skydiving and bungee jumping. I have to say for as cool as skydiving was bungee jumping is the better thrill.

I have 2 dogs and 1 cat.

I have been married to my best friend for nearly 8 years now.

Love Potter films, starwars, House, and Friday Night Lights. I was also a huge Lost fan

Lost 1 pound during week one of our challenge. Lets go get'em my fellow puffs!