Harry Potter Weight Loss Challenge - Hufflepuff

Options

Replies

• eeyorelvr09
    eeyorelvr09 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I must be doing something wrong. I want to put something hufflepuff in my signature, but it's not working. I was using photobucket. Is that wrong. Help, please.
  • eeyorelvr09
    Options
    I must be doing something wrong. I want to put something hufflepuff in my signature, but it's not working. I was using photobucket. Is that wrong. Help, please.

Nevermind. I was just reading through the thread. Thanks JD.
  • JD92
    JD92 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    my real name is Jade, though I go by JD to some people.

i had extremely bad asthma as a kid (long before i became very overweight). i had to sit for 30 minutes atleast once a day using a nebuliser. its lessened since then, but i still cant run for long without getting that chest constriction feeling.

an old friend of mine, and his twin, are currently working close with Brendan Fraser in a movie. they were pictured filming with him and the photo was in a newspaper!

i have a long white scar on my left hand ring finger from when my big sister slammed a door closed on it when i was a toddler. i nearly lost the tip of my finger, thankfully they fixed it!

i once walked within a few feet of Susan Lucci (Days of Our Lives) in Manhattan in december 2008 on a school trip. she was hiding behind a bodyguard in the doorway of a hotel. my first celebrity!

i have a Robert Pattinson calender on the wall of my dorm. on it is a bright pink post-it saying "Cedric Diggory lives on!"
  • fitterpam
    fitterpam Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    My three things:

1. My household consists of my husband and I, 2 dogs and 2 cats. We're working on some kids next....(part of the reason for my weight loss goals). It is located just north of Toronto in Canada :smile:

2. One of my favourite hobbies is gardening, which I suppose makes me a born Hufflepuff (since our HoH in the books is Prof. Sprout). I'm really excited that my garden is just starting to wake up.

3. My friends call me their repository of useless knowledge. LOL I know random trivia things that make people just stop and stare....and I'm not afraid to whip them out to stop a conversation...... :flowerforyou: For example, did you know that I would weigh 6,384lbs if I were on the sun because the gravity on the Sun is 28x that of the Earth's. Good thing I live on Earth!!!
  • aab1
    aab1 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Good Morning HouseMates! I had a good day with exercise yesterday. Ran my C25K for 35 minutes at a new speed - 5.6 - which I've been working up to for the last 2 weeks; 30 Day Shred (30DS) & cycled.

Random items to share...hmmm....
    1. Since joining MFP I've become obsessed with my exercising.
    2. I love to read mystery & suspense books. Stehen King & Graham Masterson are 2 of my favorites.
    3. I have 2 dogs. (1) Husky/Akita mix "Chance" (2) German Shephard/Lab mix "Buddy" Both are 13 yrs old & still act like they're puppies

hufflepuff20shield.jpg
  • Katrob9
    Katrob9 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Everyone's facts are awesome :)
  • UnoDiamante
    UnoDiamante Posts: 356
    Options
    New members:

Traceyann1214 - 216 - Hufflepuff
    Nita_bita - 157 - Hufflepuff
    Lexib0t - 260 - Hufflepuff
  • Katrob9
    Katrob9 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    For motivation...

"You might belong in Hufflepuff,
    Where they are just and loyal,
    Those patient Hufflepuffs are true,
    And unafraid of toil"

Hufflepuff is the most inclusive among the four houses, valuing hard work, patience, friendship and fair play in its members.

That's us! :)
  • Nita_Bita
    Nita_Bita Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • JD92
    Options
    welcome to our 3 newest badgers!

Nita_Bita, do you have a particular goal weight you'd like me to use for you?

Katrob: love that!! it is definitley us. hardwork, patiance, friendship, loyalty, kindness... all reasons exactly why we Hufflepuffs are gonna kick some butt in the next 10 weeks!
  • JD92
    Options
    my fellow Puffs, i must confess... the real reason behind my choice to be head of this house...

goblet-11.jpg

*sigh*
  • eeyorelvr09
    Options
    Hmmm. SOme fun facts about me....

1. I am a Disney/Eeyore Freak (I do like Harry Potter, obviously)- I have a tattoo of Eeyore on my right leg
    2. I am getting married next October, one of many reasons for weight loss
    3. I have my masters in social work
    4. I am currently planning my 10 yr hs reunion- just started and it is already a pain.
  • Tamelaine
    Tamelaine Posts: 37
    Options

i have a Robert Pattinson calender on the wall of my dorm. on it is a bright pink post-it saying "Cedric Diggory lives on!"

Sadly, the reason I was so excited to be in Hufflepuff! Anyone see Water for Elephants yet? Love him!

I'm not too exciting of a person--been married 7 years to my high school sweetheart. We have two little girls--5 and 2 and I'm a stay at home mom.
    Something interesting about me is that I was adopted by my paternal grandmother when I was in high school so that makes my dad my brother legally. Weird!
  • Tamelaine
    Tamelaine Posts: 37
    Options
    my fellow Puffs, i must confess... the real reason behind my choice to be head of this house...

goblet-11.jpg

*sigh*
    Excellent, excellent reason!
  • JD92
    Options
    i cried my eyes out when Cedric died. :cry:

Tamelaine, have you seen Remember Me, with Robert Pattinson and Emilie de Ravin??
  • lexiwho
    lexiwho Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I was just sorted into Hufflepuff and couldn't be happier. :smile:

My SW is 260 and my GW is 245, here's hoping I can make it!

I've been sticking to the water part of the challenge and partially to the exercise, my fiance got sick and I've been taking care of him this week.

As far as some interesting facts about me:

1.) I'm a huge Doctor Who fan, I have a tattoo sleeve completely dedicated to the show. (For those in the know, 10 is my Doctor.)
    2.) I've been with my fiance for 11 years, we are planning on getting married on 11/11/11.
    3.) I love my doggy, she's a half lab/half pit and the runt of her litter, cutest thing ever!

This is going to be a lot of fun and I hope to make lots of new friends. :heart:
  • VanesMarie88
    Options
    Hello all!!

Hmmm interesting things

1.) I have a kitty named Tinkerbell and she is a spoiled brat like tinkerbell. :p

2.) I'm so addicted to shows like dateline, 20/20 and 48 hours. Idk what it is but i just cant stop.

3.) I love playing video games!

Not as interesting as others, but I tried..
  • JD92
    Options
    lexib0t: welcome! i cant wait to get my first tattoo myself - its my reward for reaching my goal weight. im thinking a few silhouettes of flying birds above my chest to one side. im also leaning toward something on my hip, as motivation to keep the weight off, so that the tattoo doesnt stretch or go wonky!!

11/11/11 and 11 years together - thats so cute!! are you planning it now? what do you want your wedding to be like?

VanesMarie88: welcome too! i love playing video games aswell. im a Call of Duty girl. my sister, her fiance, her fiance's 3 brothers and one brothers girlfriend also play too. its almost a family business lol!

can i ask, what is Dateline? its an american show, right? ive heard it mentioned in sitcoms and things like that, but ive never been sure.
  • lexiwho
    lexiwho Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    lexib0t: welcome! i cant wait to get my first tattoo myself - its my reward for reaching my goal weight. im thinking a few silhouettes of flying birds above my chest to one side. im also leaning toward something on my hip, as motivation to keep the weight off, so that the tattoo doesnt stretch or go wonky!!

11/11/11 and 11 years together - thats so cute!! are you planning it now? what do you want your wedding to be like?

Your tattoo idea sounds pretty awesome! I'm hoping to get a hip tattoo when I lose all my weight, right now I'm waaaay too self conscious.

Thanks! We've always had a thing for 11:11 so it just seemed perfect. I'm not a big wedding person and we aren't close with many people, maybe 15 people at the most that I'd invite. So, I'm thinking we might just end up eloping...I want to drag him to Vegas, haha.
    Hello all!!

Hmmm interesting things

1.) I have a kitty named Tinkerbell and she is a spoiled brat like tinkerbell. :p

2.) I'm so addicted to shows like dateline, 20/20 and 48 hours. Idk what it is but i just cant stop.

3.) I love playing video games!

I'm a huge gamer too! What are your favorites? I just finished Portal 2 (amazing game!) and I'm an ex-WoW addict, after 5 years I realized it was time to focus on the real me rather than the virtual one.
  • VanesMarie88
    Options

VanesMarie88: welcome too! i love playing video games aswell. im a Call of Duty girl. my sister, her fiance, her fiance's 3 brothers and one brothers girlfriend also play too. its almost a family business lol!

can i ask, what is Dateline? its an american show, right? ive heard it mentioned in sitcoms and things like that, but ive never been sure.

Dateline is a news broadcast. They do stories on crime, health, scams and much more. Soooo addicted lol
    I'm a huge gamer too! What are your favorites? I just finished Portal 2 (amazing game!) and I'm an ex-WoW addict, after 5 years I realized it was time to focus on the real me rather than the virtual one.

I too am a recovering Wow addict. I used to play ALL THE TIME. I even played at work since i worked front desk at a hotel. I quit after 3.5 years about a year ago because it was consuming my life. My current favorite games are probably Borderlands, Dead space series and Dragon Age...currently working on DA 2. I never got into call of duty but I love to kick some butt on Halo. I love zombie games too....oh how much of a nerd i am.