Fat Fighters - Round 2 Fit n' Trim (Closed Group)

Options

Replies

• HeatherShrinking
    HeatherShrinking Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    So for something completely off topic. I started a tradition last year to do new things in the days leading up to my birthday. So this year I'm doing "30 New Things in the 30 Days leading up to my 30th Birthday." My 30 days starts today and I'm still looking for ideas. :happy: Anyone have any new ideas? They can be simple, complex, cheap, expensive... (Even though I'm leaning towards cheaper things now) My current full list of ideas is in my blog at http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/HeatherShrinking/view/30-new-things-before-my-30th-

Thanks you guys! Love ya all. :flowerforyou:
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    Just a quick hello... I was relieved to see the scale back down this morning, though not all the way. I'm hoping if I'm really good today that I can at least maintain from last week. I *really* hope I don't have to log a gain! :ohwell:
  • mamaturner
    mamaturner Posts: 2,533 Member
    Options
    Hang in there Trent- you always seem to amaze us!

I on the other hand think this will be my last week... I feel fat, jiggly and all around heavy. And no it's not TOM. Too many burgers and fries over the weekend, didn't even really drink so probably sodium.. strap up that IV of aqua and we'll find out!

Heather that is THE coolest Idea, I love it! You have a lot of great things you wanna do! It's hard to think of any, as soon asI would I would read one either right on or similar- but you've deffinitly got my thoughts brewin! Sounds like your in MN?
  • HeatherShrinking
    HeatherShrinking Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Yep, I'm in Minneapolis.
  • EvaiTryst
    EvaiTryst Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    I've lost a little since last week but not much.
    I hate that fat and jiggly feeling... cause I've been having it too. I feel like I put the 20 lbs back on even though I've still lost a little. Could be because it's the week prior to that TOM... I always get negative then. Hate it. lol.
    I so badly want a good juicy burger and some salt and vinegar chips chased down with some whiskey and pepsi. *sigh*
    Ah well. I want the weight loss more... cause that is satisfying in the long run. Right?
  • mamaturner
    Options
    I'm with ya with the stupid jiggly feeling but that's b/c I'm naughty and can't seem to turn down the juicy cheeseburger when the weathers nice.. *sigh* I don't think cutting my hair will help with any weight loss! lol
  • Aprilstar480
    Aprilstar480 Posts: 2,910 Member
    Options
    Aww Girls... be proud of the effort you've put in to this. So many people simply make excuses or say "i'll start my diet tomorrow"... you guys are doing it today! You are motivated and doing what you can to live a healthy life right now! Stay positive girls and don't give up. When you think and act positively good things will happen :flowerforyou: :heart:
  • mamaturner
    Options
    I would like to mention only to make myself feel better lol... I have lost over 50 pounds from the beginning of joining here... I think I'm having a hard time b/c I've zeroed my weight out and started over...

Instead of motivating me like I thought it was... I've kinda of deflated... humph
  • EvaiTryst
    EvaiTryst Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    You've done so awesome so far... Don't be deflated. :(
    Think about what you've done to get where you are and be proud of yourself. It's daunting... gods I know... but you can do it. :)
    *hugs*
    We're all going to do this together.
  • mamaturner
    Options
    alright FF I think we lost this one, I wonder how they're gonna figure who leaves... shannon and I both stayed the same and I don't think anyone gained... ugh!

I know I shouldn't be deflated, I'm just in a frump I guess.. just sucks..
  • Mindful_Trent
    Options
    Aww - don't let yourself get discouraged, Jess. We all have weeks where we don't lose anything... just how it goes. If only our bodies were perfectly predictable - how nice that would be! :laugh:

So I made myself get off my butt and got to the gym tonight - I did 20 minutes of rowing (went a little over 4000 meters) and 20 minutes of stairclimbing (about 70 stories). Boy, that stairclimbing makes me sweat more than anything else! I added some core exercises at the end to round out my hour. Felt good - I'm glad I went! It's awesome to know that I can last much longer (and go faster/harder) on the rowing and stair machines than I could when I first started using them. :drinker:
  • mamaturner
    Options
    Great job Trent- I saw you were tired and had some qualms about going. Glad you did too!!
  • Mindful_Trent
    Options
    Okay, Fat Fighters - can't let this loss get us down!! It's 4 of us against 6 of them, but one of their members seems to be at a pretty low weight and is at the point where she's probably not going to be losing consistently from week to week (she gained this week).

I, for one, am totally ready to rally and kick some Muscle-Buster butt next week! Plus, I REALLY want to get into the 160s and reach the 10 lbs lost mark in the competition. Let's do it!! :drinker: :bigsmile:
  • Aprilstar480
    Options
    Oh yeah... Right there with ya Trent! I want that 10lb mark too! We got this! If the two of us are totally motivated and Eva is pulling consistant losses (with nice #'s might i add), we just gotta get Heather:flowerforyou: on board and we got this comp in the bag! I know everyone is trying hard too but we're all gonna have to amp it up if we wanna win. Our team is dwindling and I'm not likin' it much! Trent and Eva did you guys see there is an advantage for the one that gets outta the 170's first? That prize belongs to one of you:wink: LETS GO FAT FIGHTERS!!!
  • Mindful_Trent
    Options
    Oh yeah... Right there with ya Trent! I want that 10lb mark too! We got this! If the two of us are totally motivated and Eva is pulling consistant losses (with nice #'s might i add), we just gotta get Heather:flowerforyou: on board and we got this comp in the bag! I know everyone is trying hard too but we're all gonna have to amp it up if we wanna win. Our team is dwindling and I'm not likin' it much! Trent and Eva did you guys see there is an advantage for the one that gets outta the 170's first? That prize belongs to one of you:wink: LETS GO FAT FIGHTERS!!!

I did see that the 1st one out of the 170s gets a prize - I want it!!! :bigsmile: I'm DETERMINED to get out of the 170s this week.
  • mcdebbie
    mcdebbie Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    shhhhhhh
    you go Fat Fighters! I am so glad I didn't win this week as I couldn't have given one of my buds a .5 lb disadvantage. Trent, they fear you! :bigsmile: We would have totally kicked butt if I hadn't been STOLEN. Fat Fighters rule!

Okay, now back to the dark side. :laugh:

remember ...shhhhhhhhhh You never saw me here.
  • Aprilstar480
    Options
    shhhhhhh
    you go Fat Fighters! I am so glad I didn't win this week as I couldn't have given one of my buds a .5 lb disadvantage. Trent, they fear you! :bigsmile: We would have totally kicked butt if I hadn't been STOLEN. Fat Fighters rule!

So Sweet:heart::drinker:
  • Mindful_Trent
    Options
    shhhhhhh

:laugh: We miss you Debbie!!
  • Aprilstar480
    Options
    How's it going guys?

Heather, haven't heard from you in a while.... Is everything okay?

Eva, are ya feeling better yet?

Boi, how's breakin' outta the 70's going for ya?

I'm doing okay, feeling pretty skinny today... gotta love that feeling. I'm a little worried about tomorrow though. We have a golf tournament bbq to go to at a bar (that my stepmom owns) and there is always people there who wanna buy me drinks not to mention the super delishious bbq food. I'm gonna have to set some limits/goals for this weekend. Anyone wanna join me?

My goals/limits:

SATURDAY

Earn an extra 500 calories (at least) from exercise in the am before the bbq

Only one time through the bbq/buffet and stock up on veggies/fruits, NO potato/pasta salads

3 Drink Max (if I decide to drink at all) and only vodka/soda, No Whiskey or Beer

SUNDAY

Take a long walk

Do a workout DVD

No Drinks
  • Mindful_Trent
    Options
    April - it's nice to have those "feeling skinny" days. :bigsmile: Good luck at the bbq! At events like that (when I'm smart about it) I allow myself to have a little of most foods (even the "bad" stuff) but just very small portions. That way I still get the bbq experience without feeling left out. I try to munch on veggies a lot when those are available.

I'm doing well - was up this morning on the scale, but it's gotta be water weight. I ate extra yesterday but not enough to honestly gain weight. Had a kick-*kitten* workout at the gym today, and planning on going on a long (8.5 mile) run tomorrow.

My goals for this weekend are pretty simple:
    1) STICK TO MY WORKOUT PLAN - long run on Saturday, weights & stretching (yoga DVD) on Sunday
    2) Eat reasonably - NO binging. This has been my downfall lately, and I'm sick of spending Sun/Mon/Tues trying to make up for Thurs/Fri/Sat binges.