Fat Fighters - Round 2 Fit n' Trim (Closed Group)

Options

Replies

• Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    I'm hanging in there - been just kind of in a wierd place lately, and trying to get back on track. I have no idea what I"m going to see on the scale tomorrow, as I haven't weighed myself in almost a week. I realized I need to quit obsessing over the numbers and my weight - I want to get back to the mindset where I felt good regardless of the scale results, because I was consistently exercising and eating well. After this challenge is over, I'll be putting away the scale for awhile. I haven't been eating wonderfully, but I haven't been doing quite as horribly this week either. Hoping I won't gain again - but sometimes our bodies do what they want to do.

Kasi - sorry to hear about your drama/troubles at work. I'd hate to have to be the one doing schedules in an environment where it varies considerably (I have siblings in food service and a grocery store so I hear horror stories myself...).
  • Aprilstar480
    Aprilstar480 Posts: 2,910 Member
    Options
    Just read your blog Maria, very nice. I never really knew what a blog was... It looks like it's basically an on-line diary or daily thoughts, is that right? "Doin' it for me" that's what my caption on my profile says... I learned a long time ago that if you really want something, you have to do it for yourself. Your kids or you family or whatever can be your motivation but if you truely want to make a change you have to make the decision yourself and be 100% dedicated to making it happen.
  • Aprilstar480
    Options
    I'm hanging in there - been just kind of in a wierd place lately, and trying to get back on track. I have no idea what I"m going to see on the scale tomorrow, as I haven't weighed myself in almost a week. I realized I need to quit obsessing over the numbers and my weight - I want to get back to the mindset where I felt good regardless of the scale results, because I was consistently exercising and eating well. After this challenge is over, I'll be putting away the scale for awhile. I haven't been eating wonderfully, but I haven't been doing quite as horribly this week either. Hoping I won't gain again - but sometimes our bodies do what they want to do.

Kasi - sorry to hear about your drama/troubles at work. I'd hate to have to be the one doing schedules in an environment where it varies considerably (I have siblings in food service and a grocery store so I hear horror stories myself...).
    Just do what you can... it's not about the game, it's about your life. The changes you make to be healthy need to be changes that you can be consistant with and incorporate into your everyday life. Obsessively logging calories and checking the scale is not something I want to do for the rest of my life.. that's for damn sure!

I'm manage a staff of 4 (five including myself). Typically our schedule is super easy to manage but this cut in hours really screwed a couple of people. It's life though, at least they still have a job:ohwell:
  • EvaiTryst
    EvaiTryst Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    Will read your blog, Maria and reply better to everyone when I get home from work.
  • mcdebbie
    mcdebbie Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    I liked the blog! I call my scale little focker on bad days. Hey, I never call it good names on good days, maybe that is what we are doing wrong. Have you thought about adding some current pictures? You've lost so much there must be a big difference.

Fingers crossed for 169.9 or less for y'all tomorrow! Except Kasi!! :bigsmile:
  • EvaiTryst
    Options
    Absolutely love the blog, Maria. Made me smile that's for sure.
    You're doing an awesome job.
  • irishgal44
    irishgal44 Posts: 1,181 Member
    Options
    Awe, thanks so much!! I will have to make a current pictures file on there. I look a lot different than my "before" pictures, that's for sure!

:heart:

I can't be upset tomorrow if I don't hit the 160's. I had an oreo blizzard tonight after my son's baseball game. It was delicious! Probably not worth it though. I weighed 171.0 this morning. Darn it!
  • EvaiTryst
    Options
    Awe, thanks so much!! I will have to make a current pictures file on there. I look a lot different than my "before" pictures, that's for sure!

:heart:

I can't be upset tomorrow if I don't hit the 160's. I had an oreo blizzard tonight after my son's baseball game. It was delicious! Probably not worth it though. I weighed 171.0 this morning. Darn it!

mmm... Oreo Blizzard.

One of the first things I doing in Ohio is getting a milk shake at Tiny's.... OMG! They are so good!
    I should be able to eat healthy while I'm there... my MIL knows I'm trying to lose weight and is a bit of a health nut herself. I'm worried about the drive down. I'm going to take my "Nutrition in the Fast Lane" pamplet for reference cause I won't have internet on the trip down. I should while I'm there though.
    I figure when I get back I'll do four days of level 1 shred before I start level 2... hopefully that'll help make up for it.... plus the inlaws might take us to Cedar Point so I'll get plenty of walking in there.
  • mcdebbie
    Options
    I've been to Cedar Point! Many years ago though. I'm orginally from Akron and most of my family still lives there.

Hey Erin, you rock! Way to hit the 160's!!

We are traveling to Alabama this weekend and it will be 2 days up and 2 back in the car, not looking forward to that. Worried about the snack food in the car and the stops for lunch. Breakfast I am going to take hard boiled eggs and tomatoes but DH will want to stop for lunch. I am going to download some calorie counters to the Iphone so at least I can check before I order.
  • irishgal44
    Options
    How does it feel to get in the 160's? You rock!!!! So proud of you. I hit 170.4 today. Thought I would stay at 171 cause fo the blizzard last night, but I didn't eat supper either and lots of gardening. so I guess the .6 overnight was an added surprise and treat for me. Soooo close to the 160's and was hoping for the advantage too. I'm going to not post my weight and weigh myself one more time today sometime and see if I hit it and if not, I will post the 170.4. :devil:
  • Aprilstar480
    Options
    You guys have done freakin' awesome this week! Great work:drinker:
  • mcdebbie
    Options
    crapola, you guys are rocking it and you have the 2 half pound advantages!
    which means I may be eliminated..... :sad:
  • Mindful_Trent
    Options
    Popping in to say hi! I'm nervous about weighing in tonight. Really hoping I don't register a gain... :grumble: I feel like I've let everyone down by not eating the best over the last week. However, I've got a vacation coming up over the holiday weekend, and as odd as this sounds, I think it could actually help to kick me back into gear... it's been so long since I've gotten away from the hum-drum of everyday life. A few days in a nice sunny location may be just what I need to get out of my "funk".

PS - CONGRATS to you all for doing so well this week!!
  • Aprilstar480
    Options
    crapola, you guys are rocking it and you have the 2 half pound advantages!
    which means I may be eliminated..... :sad:
    Faith just posted a tiny gain... looks like you'll be safe.
  • irishgal44
    Options
    Whoooot!!!! Sad for Faith, yet happy she gained cause we love ya girl!
  • EvaiTryst
    Options
    Yay for 160's!

Thanks guys. WTG, Maria.

Yes sad for Faith, but Debbie will stay with us. :bigsmile:

*happy dance*
    I may be getting ahead of myself but...... 150's HERE I COME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :laugh:

Just so excited.... this is the least I've weighed in years, but the true accomplishment is when I see my graduating weight of 120... Then I'll be like... "I did it." :bigsmile:
  • EvaiTryst
    Options
    If everyone wants to pm me their suggestions. I think I have an idea of what I want to do, but I'd love to hear opinions!
  • Mindful_Trent
    Options
    If everyone wants to pm me their suggestions. I think I have an idea of what I want to do, but I'd love to hear opinions!

I don't really have any suggestions - I'm glad you're making this decision and not me!
  • irishgal44
    Options
    So proud of u! 120 will be here before you know it! U have proven you can do this! Whooot! I have never been at this weight ever (besides 7th grade maybe?)....this is new to me. No suggestions as to what you should do, although, I'm in the second chance group so I guess I don't have much say...but know whatever decision u come with, we will all support it. I would hate to be in your posotion. Blech.I'm on my phone so excuse the typos!
  • EvaiTryst
    Options
    I hate making decisions like this. *head desk*