The LATEST diet

Options
SHBoss1673
SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
There are a lot of fad diets out there, I have made a brand new diet up. here's how it goes. I haven't named this diet yet,
maybe we can call it the HUMAN diet, or the everyone diet or something.

First, confirm that you have no medical conditions that require a specialized diet (if you do, then obviously this may not be
exactly right for you, no need to comment about that, we get it already).

Rules:

-Eat as much food in their natural states as you can (I.E. unprocessed, not ground up, not cooked to death)
-Eat a reasonable amount of healthy fats (somewhere between 12% and 25% of your daily macronutrients)
-Eat a reasonable amount of complete proteins (somewhere between 15% and 35%) every day.
-Eat a reasonable amount of carbohydrates (somewhere around 40% and 60% with 90% of those being complex carbs)
-Eat as little added sugar as possible.
-Try to eat 100% of all required micronutrients (vitamins and minerals) every day.
-Do not use meal replacements (in stead of meals, they can be used supplemental).
-Do 30 to 45 minutes of moderate cardiovascular exercise a day for 3 days a week (65-80% of your maximum HR)
-Do 2 to 3 days a week of resistance exercise (weight training or anaerobic activity)

Addendum for weight loss:
-Eat at a moderate NET calorie deficit in proper relation to how much FAT you have
-Stop expecting massive changes in weeks.

Timeline:
Step 1) Start doing all of the above.
Step 2) live a full and healthy life, and eventually die as an old, old person that has lived a long and healthy life.

Testimonials:
-Just about 99.5% of Olympic athletes
-Just about 99.5% of professional athletes
-About 95% of Nutritional health professionals
-About 95% of Medical doctors
-About 99% of clinical researchers from the nutritional health realm

Novel approach? Maybe, but it works, it's just not the quick fix that everyone wants.

Replies

• spaniel
    spaniel Posts: 468
    Options
    Sounds like a good plan!!
  • B2BB
    B2BB Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm.... ill think about it ......lol jkjk
  • unhinge
    unhinge Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Well I've tried all the others may as well try this one.... just wish I had found it years ago! Oh, well, it's never too late :)) LOL
  • naedeeny
    naedeeny Posts: 17
    Options
    Sounds like the plan for me!

I tried the 17 day diet recently and after a few days I gave up and just went back to eating like a normal person. This post is refreshing :)
  • SHBoss1673
    Options
    Well I've tried all the others may as well try this one.... just wish I had found it years ago! Oh, well, it's never too late :)) LOL

it's NEVER to late. The human body kicks butt in this regard, unless an organ completely fails, you can almost always get it back up and running.
  • rjsbailey
    rjsbailey Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Amen!
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Here here! :drinker:
  • JulieF11
    JulieF11 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Yes! Bravo for the Human Diet! That's perfect... but, if geared toward morbidly obese (like I was), I'd add:

After following "The Human Diet" , at any point, if you find you want to binge on junk food or what some people call comfort food, or trigger foods, whatever, you know what I mean... Chances are you are avoiding having to deal with something emotional. You most likely have masked feeling your emotions for so long that you won't recognize that you are blocking an emotion. Your body doesn't want junk food... so trust that if "you" do, you just need to make a few minor changes in thinking, and you'll be on your way to success. You'll be able to get back on the "Human Diet" and reach a healthy weight goal.

Wanna toss in the towel? STOP!:

1) Think about what might be bothering you.
    2) Think about what went right and wrong that day.
    3) Trust yourself to "feel" that disappointment, or pain, or frustration, whatever emotion you've been avoiding.
    4) Make a decision based on your new found emotion. Of course your feeling is "justified" but is it productive? Will holding onto it help or hurt you?
    5) Decide what you want to do, and let go of the emotional attachment to the issue. If you can do something, do it, if not, let it go!

It's simple, not easy, but very simple. Each problem you face, will help you prove to yourself that nothing is too big for you to deal with. You are an adult now, and not a little kid needing to avoid pain. It's so "painless" after a while anyway! You will see. After your brain is wrapped the idea of dealing with issues head on... You will want to treat your body to the awesome "Human Diet" plan SHBoss outlines. It's good for you, makes you feel great, and you will start believing you deserve it. And you do!
  • savvystephy
    savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    love it! :bigsmile:
  • SHBoss1673
    Options
    Yes! Bravo for the Human Diet! That's perfect... but, if geared toward morbidly obese (like I was), I'd add:

After following "The Human Diet" , at any point, if you find you want to binge on junk food or what some people call comfort food, or trigger foods, whatever, you know what I mean... Chances are you are avoiding having to deal with something emotional. You most likely have masked feeling your emotions for so long that you won't recognize that you are blocking an emotion. Your body doesn't want junk food... so trust that if "you" do, you just need to make a few minor changes in thinking, and you'll be on your way to success. You'll be able to get back on the "Human Diet" and reach a healthy weight goal.

Wanna toss in the towel? STOP!:

1) Think about what might be bothering you.
    2) Think about what went right and wrong that day.
    3) Trust yourself to "feel" that disappointment, or pain, or frustration, whatever emotion you've been avoiding.
    4) Make a decision based on your new found emotion. Of course your feeling is "justified" but is it productive? Will holding onto it help or hurt you?
    5) Decide what you want to do, and let go of the emotional attachment to the issue. If you can do something, do it, if not, let it go!

It's simple, not easy, but very simple. Each problem you face, will help you prove to yourself that nothing is too big for you to deal with. You are an adult now, and not a little kid needing to avoid pain. It's so "painless" after a while anyway! You will see. After your brain is wrapped the idea of dealing with issues head on... You will want to treat your body to the awesome "Human Diet" plan SHBoss outlines. It's good for you, makes you feel great, and you will start believing you deserve it. And you do!

Now, I know there's a lot of extra room up there but, Julie... GET OUT OF MY BRAIN! I don't like sharing. :tongue:
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    Best "Fad" diet ever! :drinker: Here's to hoping it catches on.
  • DeeDeeLHF
    DeeDeeLHF Posts: 2,301 Member
    Options
    These two together are truly the best advice ever!!!

D
  • JulieF11
    JulieF11 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Dear ShBoss,
    You are so right on with that diet! I am following something very similar right now... and feeling (and looking) better than I have since, well, I think actually, I feel better than ever before. It just makes sense! Thank you for sharing! Hate reading posts from all these folks searching for an easy answer... the "Human Diet" is pretty darn easy, and the best part, it's super effective, and lasting!
    Julie
  • c5steven
    c5steven Posts: 3
    Options
    Great post! Maybe you should call it the Common Sense Diet! :D I think the media warps our sense of eating & diets so much every gimmick that helps you lose a couple lbs short term gets attention :S
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    Awesome, Who wants to start a group?
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    This is great! :drinker:
  • lizzil0
    lizzil0 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Love this post- it's a good reminder of what's really important!
  • westcoastSW
    westcoastSW Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Love it. Although, calling it the "Human Diet" made me think of cannibalism... so I'm on board with "Common Sense" :smile:
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,648 Member
    Options
    I like it. I like it a lot.
  • bmontgomery87
    bmontgomery87 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    agreed. I'm on the limits of most of those, but still in the area.
    I do 25 percent fat...so near the top.
    35 percent protein...right at the top
    40 percent carbs.

great post