• SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    ..anf this IS my hobby. emoticon_cry.gif

yikes! :flowerforyou:
  • shaunshaikh
    shaunshaikh Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Just like you say body builders may not be the correct source for nutrition, it could be argued that athletes aren't either. The average person here trying to lose weight could care less about peak performacne at competition. It could be argued that the average person here wants to reduce their body fat percentage to healthy or fit levels, something that body builders focus on more than athletes.

Honestly the only thing I disagree on is I think you could go higher on your fat percentages. It's not really that big of a deal. In my opinion, I really like the stroutman approach -- make sure you get enough protein, 5-6 servings of veggies, 2-3 servings of fruit, and enough good fats, then the rest of your diet takes care of itself.
  • SHBoss1673
    Options
    Just like you say body builders may not be the correct source for nutrition, it could be argued that athletes aren't either. The average person here trying to lose weight could care less about peak performacne at competition. It could be argued that the average person here wants to reduce their body fat percentage to healthy or fit levels, something that body builders focus on more than athletes.

Honestly the only thing I disagree on is I think you could go higher on your fat percentages. It's not really that big of a deal. In my opinion, I really like the stroutman approach -- make sure you get enough protein, 5-6 servings of veggies, 2-3 servings of fruit, and enough good fats, then the rest of your diet takes care of itself.

I can't say I disagree with anything here, and I have the utmost respect for Steve (Stroutman). Please don't mistake me in thinking that I think the athletes themselves are nutrition experts, I don't think that, I think the dietitians they employ are usually world class though (in the case of professional teams and/or the Olympic center), and they generally do believe in the normal macronutrient levels (I.E. something along the lines of between 40/35/25 and 50/30/20 carbs/protein/fat depending on the sport), in fact, other than body building and weight lifting, I can't think of a sport where they promote super high protein levels at the professional levels. Unless maybe you consider cross country long haul trucking a sport, in which case, caffeine should also be a macronutrient :tongue:
  • SHBoss1673
    Options
    I'm thinking, every time I see a diet thread, I'm going to bump this thread. Who's with me?
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,045 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking, every time I see a diet thread, I'm going to bump this thread. Who's with me?

speedmetal.gif
  • atomdraco
    atomdraco Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    bump
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,045 Member
    Options
    Today's addition "The 400 calorie fix". There is a lot of them!

I mean, bump
  • flausa
    flausa Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    People keep asking me what I've been doing to lose weight, I'm going to start telling them about the Human Diet. I'll let them know it costs a fortune, but I'll give them a reduce rate if they want tips from me. It certainly would be more entertaining than telling them I'm eating less, but eating healthier and exercising more effectively and it hasn't cost me a darn thing, to which without fail, they respond with a very disappointed-sounding, "oh". :grumble:
  • crazymama2two
    crazymama2two Posts: 867
    Options
    IMPOSSIBLE ... i MUST obsess and do everything wrong in order to feel like im doing it right :D otherwise i wouldnt have anything to ***** about
  • ladyhawk00
    ladyhawk00 Posts: 2,457 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • SHBoss1673
    Options
    People keep asking me what I've been doing to lose weight, I'm going to start telling them about the Human Diet. I'll let them know it costs a fortune, but I'll give them a reduce rate if they want tips from me. It certainly would be more entertaining than telling them I'm eating less, but eating healthier and exercising more effectively and it hasn't cost me a darn thing, to which without fail, they respond with a very disappointed-sounding, "oh". :grumble:

you can tell them to send money to my paypal account, and I'll give them the plan. :tongue:

I never turn down free money.
  • blackchickbb
    Options
    sounds realistic,will do just that
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    I do like this post. When people ask me how I am losing weight, and I tell them basically eating healthier and moving more, they always seem so disappointed . . .
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    I have the perfect "supplement' to go with this diet! :wink:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/236098-great-low-cost-weight-loss-supplement
  • SHBoss1673
    Options

lol, nice!
  • SHBoss1673
    Options
    bumping, cuz as always, I've seen a bunch of "diet" posts today.
  • bethikabob
    bethikabob Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    <---Is madly in love with this post... BUMP! lol
  • SHBoss1673
    Options
    thanks beth!

bump for another diet post.