The LATEST diet

Options

Replies

• stevemcknight
    stevemcknight Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    I would disagree that 40-60% carbs is reasonable. If we're really talking human diet - why not take the way humans ate for the past 2 million years, not just the past 10,000?
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    I would disagree that 40-60% carbs is reasonable. If we're really talking human diet - why not take the way humans ate for the past 2 million years, not just the past 10,000?

so you're saying we should be eating like Australopithecus? Modern man is only 200,000 years old, why would we go back 2 million (homo sapiens sapiens is 200,000 years old, before that was homo erectus and before that homo habilis,then Australopithecus)?
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options

so you're saying we should be eating like Australopithecus? Modern man is only 200,000 years old, why would we go back 2 million (homo sapiens sapiens is 200,000 years old, before that was homo erectus and before that homo habilis,then Australopithecus)?

I've always loved Richard's quote from freetheanimal.com:

"I often point out to people that “paleo” is anything from a Kitavan diet of 70% carbs to an Inuit diet of 80% animal fat, and everything in-between. If you want to practice paleo, then find what works for you within that range."
  • dxing
    dxing Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Great post, finally someone endorsing something that isn't completely yo-yo dieting and leads to long term fat loss.
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,697 Member
    Options
    This human right here has been eating for about 50 years, and 50% carbs seems to suit me just fine.
  • kroman911
    kroman911 Posts: 11
    Options
    Oh my god! I just started that diet too. I hope it works! hahaha :)
  • sunshine79
    sunshine79 Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    Love this post - it's kind where I am now. Leading a normal sensible existence. Thanks, your posts are always great:smile:
  • unsuspectingfish
    unsuspectingfish Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options
    Love it. Although, calling it the "Human Diet" made me think of cannibalism... so I'm on board with "Common Sense" :smile:

LOL, now that you mention it...
  • lovetowrite73
    lovetowrite73 Posts: 1,244 Member
    Options
    Started reading this yesterday then panicked when I found it on the 5th page. That's not good. This needs to be right on the first page so BUMP!
  • steve1126
    steve1126 Posts: 22
    Options
    Sure! All the answers would naturally come from a Sox fan!!!
    I'm just joking, I couldn't help it when I saw the banner...no offense!

Go Yanks!!!!
  • steve1126
    Options

Go Yanks!!!!
  • steve1126
    Options
    There are a lot of fad diets out there, I have made a brand new diet up. here's how it goes. I haven't named this diet yet,
    maybe we can call it the HUMAN diet, or the everyone diet or something.

First, confirm that you have no medical conditions that require a specialized diet (if you do, then obviously this may not be
    exactly right for you, no need to comment about that, we get it already).

Rules:

-Eat as much food in their natural states as you can (I.E. unprocessed, not ground up, not cooked to death)
    -Eat a reasonable amount of healthy fats (somewhere between 12% and 25% of your daily macronutrients)
    -Eat a reasonable amount of complete proteins (somewhere between 15% and 35%) every day.
    -Eat a reasonable amount of carbohydrates (somewhere around 40% and 60% with 90% of those being complex carbs)
    -Eat as little added sugar as possible.
    -Try to eat 100% of all required micronutrients (vitamins and minerals) every day.
    -Do not use meal replacements (in stead of meals, they can be used supplemental).
    -Do 30 to 45 minutes of moderate cardiovascular exercise a day for 3 days a week (65-80% of your maximum HR)
    -Do 2 to 3 days a week of resistance exercise (weight training or anaerobic activity)

Addendum for weight loss:
    -Eat at a moderate NET calorie deficit in proper relation to how much FAT you have
    -Stop expecting massive changes in weeks.

Timeline:
    Step 1) Start doing all of the above.
    Step 2) live a full and healthy life, and eventually die as an old, old person that has lived a long and healthy life.

Testimonials:
    -Just about 99.5% of Olympic athletes
    -Just about 99.5% of professional athletes
    -About 95% of Nutritional health professionals
    -About 95% of Medical doctors
    -About 99% of clinical researchers from the nutritional health realm

Novel approach? Maybe, but it works, it's just not the quick fix that everyone wants.

steve1126 3266004_9883_thumb

Joined Dec 2010

Wed 06/08/11 09:00 PM

Go Yanks!!!!
    Edited by steve1126 on Wed 06/08/11 09:01 PM
  • Becca_007
    Becca_007 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Yes! Bravo for the Human Diet! That's perfect... but, if geared toward morbidly obese (like I was), I'd add:

After following "The Human Diet" , at any point, if you find you want to binge on junk food or what some people call comfort food, or trigger foods, whatever, you know what I mean... Chances are you are avoiding having to deal with something emotional. You most likely have masked feeling your emotions for so long that you won't recognize that you are blocking an emotion. Your body doesn't want junk food... so trust that if "you" do, you just need to make a few minor changes in thinking, and you'll be on your way to success. You'll be able to get back on the "Human Diet" and reach a healthy weight goal.

Wanna toss in the towel? STOP!:

1) Think about what might be bothering you.
    2) Think about what went right and wrong that day.
    3) Trust yourself to "feel" that disappointment, or pain, or frustration, whatever emotion you've been avoiding.
    4) Make a decision based on your new found emotion. Of course your feeling is "justified" but is it productive? Will holding onto it help or hurt you?
    5) Decide what you want to do, and let go of the emotional attachment to the issue. If you can do something, do it, if not, let it go!

It's simple, not easy, but very simple. Each problem you face, will help you prove to yourself that nothing is too big for you to deal with. You are an adult now, and not a little kid needing to avoid pain. It's so "painless" after a while anyway! You will see. After your brain is wrapped the idea of dealing with issues head on... You will want to treat your body to the awesome "Human Diet" plan SHBoss outlines. It's good for you, makes you feel great, and you will start believing you deserve it. And you do!

Now, I know there's a lot of extra room up there but, Julie... GET OUT OF MY BRAIN! I don't like sharing. :tongue:
    :laugh:
  • SHBoss1673
    Options

Joined Dec 2010

Go Yanks!!!!

Hehe, none taken, although after last night, you must REALLY hate me.
  • steve1126
    Options

Joined Dec 2010

Go Yanks!!!!

Well....I try not to hate, so let's just say I like you a lot less....hahaha! Actually, although I despise the Sox (it's a requirement if you're a Yankee fan) there are guys on that team that I like....Pedroia - One tough little S.O.B. and Lester - The guy came back from cancer...nuff said.....and Papi - You gotta love that guy....I cannot stand Youk....
  • SHBoss1673
    Options

Joined Dec 2010

Go Yanks!!!!

Well....I try not to hate, so let's just say I like you a lot less....hahaha! Actually, although I despise the Sox (it's a requirement if you're a Yankee fan) there are guys on that team that I like....Pedroia - One tough little S.O.B. and Lester - The guy came back from cancer...nuff said.....and Papi - You gotta love that guy....I cannot stand Youk....

Although I didn't see last night's game, (more important matters like the Cup going on) I did see Papi's Dinger and what he did with the bat on Sports Center, that was pretty hilarious. I will say this, nobody classier than Mariano IMHO, I like Jeter too if you can believe that (not many Sox fans will admit that), and will cheer when he hits 3000. But I still think A-Rod needs to have needles stuck through his eyeballs. That guy drives me up 2 walls!
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,697 Member
    Options
    But I still think A-Rod needs to have needles stuck through his eyeballs. That guy drives me up 2 walls!
    Couldn't agree more. Can't stand A-Roid.
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Forget about the baseball.

Bumping the latest diet.
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • hmm33502
    hmm33502 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I think we need to add a small gimmick. My vote is for some disgusting drink made with duck liver, celery, cayenne pepper and lemonade.