FireRunners (C25K May 9th group) Week 1!!

Options

Replies

• tatiana_13
    tatiana_13 Posts: 325
    Options
    My week may have been 8 days long, but I did finish week 1 today! But...a question. Am I the only freak of nature for whom its gotten progressively harder? My first run was the easiest. Its as if my body didn't quite know what I was asking it to do, so it just gave me all the energy it could give me. But now that its figured out what I'm asking it to do, it is fighting me every single step of the way. Today was the first day that I was actually *gasping* for breath during the recovery walks as early as after run 4.

But, gasping or not, since I got through it, I'll be pushing onto week 2. We'll see how it goes.
  • breezymom81
    breezymom81 Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I miss running so very much! I think I will be taking it to the gym now though, no more dog bites for me! I mowed the yard and did some Dance Central, first activities after the bite! My leg is swollen and killing me!!! I can't wait to get back to running! I think it will be another week though :(
  • breezymom81
    breezymom81 Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I miss running so very much! I think I will be taking it to the gym now though, no more dog bites for me! I mowed the yard and did some Dance Central, first activities after the bite! My leg is swollen and killing me!!! I can't wait to get back to running! I think it will be another week though :(
  • HaleyAlli
    HaleyAlli Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    :frown: Feel betterrr!!!! :heart:

And yeah, @tatiana, I have kinda noticed it getting harder... That's why I'm a little frightened about tomorrow lol :laugh: But hopefully our bodies will get used to it eventually!
  • MoLivesLuvsLifts
    MoLivesLuvsLifts Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    This week only did Day 1 :(. Hope to do better next week!
  • SLIM195
    SLIM195 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Week 1, Day 3 completed
  • allimax2002
    allimax2002 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    We finished our 3rd attempt at the program today. We've only actually finished two days but I'm happy with the (slow) progress. :-) I'm really blessed my hubby is on board with my new fitness and better eating lifestyle change. We are good challengers and encouragers for each other.
  • Lanfear
    Lanfear Posts: 524
    Options
    Can I join this? :smile:

I'm a bit late but hey! Just did Week 1 session 1. Have a nice route round the village which is about 3 miles, give or take, and between 6am-6.30am there's no traffic in the lanes so it's ideal.

Remains to be seen whether I can haul myself out of bed to do S2 on Wednesday as I am notoriously NOT a morning person(as my OH/colleages will attest!) - only reason I was up so early this morning was to give my OH a lift to work as he's away this week in Italy.

Have to say it's astonishing the differnce a decent sports bra makes to jogging!!!!! :laugh:
  • teebeegeebee
    teebeegeebee Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    c25k week 2 day 1 done this evening - phew hard and yet easy if that makes sense - im tired now but it was worth it

i did 4.34kms in the end finishing off with a warm down walk at the end to complete the circuit - according to my log i burnt 361 calories - add that to this mornings run/walk i did 836 calories today - no wonder im tired

just a walk day tomorrow!
  • Kat5343
    Kat5343 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I am going to have to repeat day 2 and 3 from week 1. I totally skipped day 3 because of the hot weather and never went back to it. Day 2 I ended up cutting some running times short because of exhaustion and definitely the wrong attitude....Hopefully today I can get myself back into the swing..
  • melleyd
    melleyd Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I did Week 1, Day 1 on Saturday and planned to do Day 2 today but with this stiff neck and bible study tonight, it will probably be tomorrow before I get it done!
  • purple1butterfly
    purple1butterfly Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    I did Week 1, Day 1 on Saturday and planned to do Day 2 today but with this stiff neck and bible study tonight, it will probably be tomorrow before I get it done!

I have decided to do c25k tomorrow. I hope you all enjoy your run tonight
  • craftylatvian
    craftylatvian Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    W1, D2 done on Friday!! But, I think I have some sort of tendonitis in my foot, the side by the arch hurts. I could barely walk on Saturday and Sunday. It didn't hurt the first time, but I will let it rest so D2 may not be until Wednesday : (
  • x_sotonguetied
    Options
    woooo! hey hey hey.

completed W2D1 this morning and enjoyed today's beautiful weather while doing so!

super pumped for the rest of the week! :)
  • tatiana_13
    tatiana_13 Posts: 325
    Options

And yeah, @tatiana, I have kinda noticed it getting harder... That's why I'm a little frightened about tomorrow lol :laugh: But hopefully our bodies will get used to it eventually!

Well, I'm glad to hear I'm not alone! I'll be trying Wk 2 day 1 tomorrow--hopefully it won't rain in the morning before work...I'm not so hard core that I'm prepared to run in the rain! But we'll see how it goes!

How did your run go?
  • pixietoes
    pixietoes Posts: 1,591 Member
    Options
    Finished Week 2 Day 3 tonight. The first two runs were hard, but the other four got easier with each interval. I'm a little bit leery about what comes next, but I'm glad to be able to say I made it through the first two weeks!
  • allimax2002
    allimax2002 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    We officially finished W1D3 tonight. I'm a little worried cause its still not really any easier for us. I'm still just slowly putting along and putting just slightly faster when I'm supposed to me "running." Oh well, I'm proud of myself, my hubby and my dog for finishing week one. We'll see how the next week goes.... :-) There is one bragging point, per one of the apps on our phones, we are moving 1/10th of a mile per hour faster each time we do the program. Not alot of improvement but its improvement none the less! YaY!! Hope everyone else is doing well!
  • HaleyAlli
    HaleyAlli Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    Just some tips for everybody, thought you could use some encouragement! :smile:

1. It's not supposed to be "easy"!! If you're expecting it to "get easier" or not be "as hard," you're going to be terribly disappointed! The only thing that gets easier is sticking with it and dealing with the toughness of it, because you get MENTALLY stronger every time you get out there and do it. That's the key! Burning calories is not supposed to be as easy as putting them in! :wink:

2. Make sure you stretch your legs, hips, and knees out before you run each time. That is my secret for having very little soreness and zero injuries so far :smile: The key is not pushing yourself TOO hard and giving your muscles a little love before you go out. It truly makes a difference to stretch those hammies!!

3. If you don't have a Heart Rate Monitor, GET ONE. Oh. my. gosh. Those things are amazing!! You burn WAY more calories than MFP says you do just walking/running because your heart rate skyrockets with this program. Get one ASAP.

Happy running everybody!! :smile: Love you ALLLLL!!!!! :heart:
  • KaeChelle
    KaeChelle Posts: 576
    Options
    Thanks Haley! :flowerforyou:

I'm behind already. I did week 1 day 1 and 2 last Monday and Wednesday, but never did day 3. I think I'm going to repeat week one starting tomorrow. I could use the practice before moving on to more running! I don't think I can even call what I did running. Some people walk faster than that! Oh well... it's about me and improving myself, not focusing on others.
  • Smurfette64
    Smurfette64 Posts: 64
    Options
    OK so I'll join in - did W1D1 yesterday and even though should be resting today have done approx 1hr on the Wii - my butt hurts LOL

Haven't run since finishing senior 30 years ago - so it was a little bit of a shock to the system. I did walk two of the run stints but who cares I kept moving and didn't stop - tomorrow will be better, it will, I know it will....... I hope it will LOL