FireRunners (C25K May 9th group) Week 1!!

Options
18910111214»

Replies

• Chika_2015
    Chika_2015 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I am on Week4 Day 2, i skipped 2 days in week 3, only because i was running non-stop for 20mins. But Week 4 is not that bad for me anyways. Ans no it doesn't get easier per se as the weeks progress, your body just builds the endurance to keep going and that's what thes c25k is all about to build endurace through traning as with anything.

Right now focus on endurance and the speed will come later.

I have a 5k on June 12th and my C25k will not be complete (i'll be on week 8), but i'm going to do the 5k anyway just to see what i am capable of.

Everyone is doing an awesome job from what I've read and loving the modification ideas.

Good Luck!
    ~Chika
  • Smurfette64
    Smurfette64 Posts: 64
    Options
    Yesterday was a rest day for me so I went to the Chiro AND had a much needed 1 hr massage also - heaven.

My shins are soooo sore today and after having back problems recently I have decided that I might actually do a week or so of walking/speed walk stints on this program instead of running, just to build up my stamina, and that of my dog (poor little thing hasn't been for a walk in so long, he is lying outside looking like he just wants to curl up and sleep for the rest of the day LOL).

Anyway should I just keep repeating week 1 while building up with the walking and then when I'm ready to run, repeat it again and work on from there ???
  • Lanfear
    Lanfear Posts: 524
    Options
    I've just done W1 D3 :smile: i find the first minute run kills me, my breathing is all over the shop and I slop along like a right mess. But then I seem to settle down and the other runs become much easier.

At the moment I have downloaded some podcasts from the NHS Choices website but I'm not impressed with the music, really, can anyone recommend or give me a link to other C25K podcasts? Thanks if you can :flowerforyou:

To the poster who said it doesn't get easier, you just build endurance - this is very similar to cycling - it never gets easier, you just get faster!! :smile:
  • KaeChelle
    KaeChelle Posts: 576
    Options
    I haven't gotten far with the C25K, but my left knee was bothering me long before I started this, and now this makes it hurt more, so I am going to the doctor today. If all is okay, I may try the elliptical version like I've seen a couple of other people do. I really wanted to stick with this!
  • x_sotonguetied
    Options
    W2D3 - done!

feeeelin great, excited for week 3! woo hoooo!

keep up the great work everyone! :)
  • teebeegeebee
    teebeegeebee Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Hi Guys

please remember the app is a training guide
    its not a competition - the idea is we support and encourage each other
    lots of us are struggling with minor niggles - so if thats the case take it easy - i am finding my knees are sore, couple of friends say its probably a combination of age and my obesity - yes i said it im still obese. Yes I'm comfortable with that, because I know I'm fixing that - it may take me longer, I may get there slower but I will make it. It's my life I have chosen my path and its taking me back to a good healthy life so chill be happy we are all going to make it
    who cares if it takes 20 weeks or 40weeks to get there, the good news is we have made the choice
    live, love and enjoy
    matt
    x
  • Leanz
    Leanz Posts: 2,025 Member
    Options
    W2 Day3 just done found it harder that the others this week but it has been an odd week!

Keep on enjoying
  • Smurfette64
    Smurfette64 Posts: 64
    Options
    Ok so because of the pain in my shin and lower back I decided to do the walk/speed walk splits for a week or two - today was the first day (repeated W1D1) and it feels much much better. Will do this for a couple of weeks and work my way back up to jogging. At least I'm moving - and I believe I actually walked further today than I did when I was doing the jogging spits - go figure, I walk faster than I run LOL :)
  • Lanfear
    Lanfear Posts: 524
    Options
    Just done W2 D1 :smile: Unfortunately I ran out of road before I ran out of podcast LOL (the loop around the village is probably just under 3 miles)....
  • HaleyAlli
    HaleyAlli Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, I'm starting a new thread for the week of 5/23 that you can post on no matter what week you're on, that way everyone can stick together :smile:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/247145-firerunners-closed-c25k-group-week-of-5-23
  • Melissaol
    Melissaol Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    Im on w2d3. But its been more likely. 3 days dance i ran last time. Is it a big deal that its been so long between.?
  • Melissaol
    Options
    W2d3 done. It felt so good. . I weighed my self this morning. Just for the fun of it. And yes the scale finely moved. Lost 2 lbs. I thought i was never going to lose again. I was stuck for 3 weeks.
  • Melissaol
    Options
    I was at the lake this weekend. I never ran out there yet, but it went really good. I was going to go for another run, weather not nice. But tonight i will go for a run.