Community for CrossFitters, by Crossfitters & anyone interes

Options

Replies

• sarahaggie016
    Options
    Hi All!

I'm new here and started Crossfit 2.5 weeks ago. I'm loving it so far! Does anyone here know how to track an hour long session at a box in the fitness pal app? There are no options for Crossfit, so what would be the next best thing?

Thanks,
    Sarah
  • cheri0627
    cheri0627 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I went to kettlebell class yesterday. We did the same WOD as the CrossFit class from what I hear (although they might have done swings or goblet squats instead of the flip squats....it wasn't 100% clear)

Warmup

AMRAP 10
    * 10 American swings
    * 10 KB situps
    * 10 goblet squats

Skill
    20 assisted KB swings
    100 KB swings for time

Workout
    5 rounds
    * ladder (each time something different - high knees, in and out, skip, shuffle, high knees although this order might be wrong)
    * broad jumps (I did shorter jumps the first time through, but it was hurting, so I did really big steps)
    * 15 flip squats (I only dropped the KB one time, I was sure I would drop it more. These are tricky. It doesn't help that I want a heavier KB for swinging than I do for squatting.)
    * high knees over the parallelettes (Supposed to be jumps, but heck no)
    * 15 box jumps

(I have really bad shin splints, so I have to be very careful with jumping things. Anything where I land on my toes HURTS although it's getting better.)
  • studswife
    studswife Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm kind of new to the site. I've been crossfitting for about 6 months now. When I started I was wwwaaaayyyyyyy out of shape. The first squat gave me 2 charlie horses! I love it so much that it's my first exercise that I keep going to. Currently I have a fractured fibula. (from walking off a box after doing pull-up) I have been doing a lot of rowing, ring rows, sit ups, one legged push ups with a help of a band and other moves that I don't have to have weight on my let. I so love crossfit!!

Name: Amanda
    where you live: Los Angeles
    Time CF'ing: 6-7 months
    Nutrition Plan: 80/20 Paleo with dairy 2x a week.
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    Hey - welcome everyone!! Love that this group is growing daily!

June 23rd WOD
    10 min AMRAP
    30 double unders
    15 Power Snatch (55# rx)

4 rounds + 30 double unders Rx'd

STRENGTH - build up to a heavy double power snatch - went to 85#, could've gone heavier but ran out of time.
  • Corinne_Bruce
    Options
    Welcome everyone!!!!

June 23rd WOD:
    2 rounds
    500m row
    40 squats
    30 situps
    10 pullups
  • Corinne_Bruce
    Options
    June 24th WOD: 10 rounds
    200m sprint
    10 pullups

Rx, Time: 23 min
  • XFitMojoMom
    Options
    June 24th WOD
    Michael
    3 rounds of
    800 m run
    50 back extensions
    50 abmat sit ups

time 21:59

SKILL - Athlete's choice
    -beat swings
    -hanging lateral pulls
    -assisted pullups
    -TTB
    -freestanding hand stand
  • totalimageguy
    totalimageguy Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Name: David
    where you live: Stanton, CA
    Time CF'ing: Starting Today
    Nutrition Plan: Primal/Paleo for 5 months

Well today I am finally biting the bullet and joining Anaheim Crossfit West, and I'm a little nervous about it lol. I've been eating Primal/Paleo for about 5 months, still eat some Greek yogurt and Jay Robb protein shakes though. Most of my Paleo friends on Facebook are all into CrossFit so I though I would give it a try. Just diet alone isn't working for me anymore, so I am pretty sure CrossFit is just what I need to get in great shape!
  • AnnieP13
    AnnieP13 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Today's WOD:
    AMRAP
    250m Row
    5 Push ups with feet on Med Ball
    10 sit ups with MedBall (14lbs)
    15 squats with MedBall
    20 Second Plank Hold - feet on Med Ball

7 Rounds complete, plus row, pushups, situps
  • cheri0627
    cheri0627 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    6/27 WOD
    Deck of Cards day
    * burpees
    * mountain climbers
    * kettlbell situps
    * triceps dips
    Jokers were run 10 laps (each lap is about 80m)

To mix it up Aces were 1, but Jack was 11, Queen was 12 and King was 13. (Usually, we do face cards are just 10, but Ace is 11.)
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    6/27 WOD

Warmup: 400m run, 20 lunges, 20 dislocates, 15 good mornings, 15 pullups, foam roller
    Strength: 4-4-4-4 split jerk (45, 55, 60, 60)
    WOD:
    10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1
    deadlift (95lbs)
    burpee pullups (those things are pure evil)

16:27
  • HeatherFeather10
    Options
    I just signed up for KettleCoreBootcamp at the local Crossfit for 6 weeks - after that I get 2 weeks unlimited access to the facility. I hope to tryout Crossfit - I've been watching the Crossfitters while I was waiting for bootcamp and it was crazy, but really inspiring!!! I'll let you all know how I do.
    As for the bootcamp it is was great - we did a great warmup, followed by lunges, then weights (learned how to do a proper deadlift) then we went into an interval training circuit (30 minutes at each, 30 second rest, and so on) - where we had to do "Fast Feet", " Push ups", "Gobble Squats", "Mountain Climbers", "Sit-ups" - we did the circuit twice - it was AMAZING!!!! I go back on Wed - can't wait to see what we do then!!!!
  • Corinne_Bruce
    Options
    I just signed up for KettleCoreBootcamp at the local Crossfit for 6 weeks - after that I get 2 weeks unlimited access to the facility. I hope to tryout Crossfit - I've been watching the Crossfitters while I was waiting for bootcamp and it was crazy, but really inspiring!!! I'll let you all know how I do.
    As for the bootcamp it is was great - we did a great warmup, followed by lunges, then weights (learned how to do a proper deadlift) then we went into an interval training circuit (30 minutes at each, 30 second rest, and so on) - where we had to do "Fast Feet", " Push ups", "Gobble Squats", "Mountain Climbers", "Sit-ups" - we did the circuit twice - it was AMAZING!!!! I go back on Wed - can't wait to see what we do then!!!!

That's great, I know you will love CrossFit once you join! It's awesome that they are giving you 2 weeks of unlimited access, because that will give you enough time to decide if CF is right for you. Good luck!!
  • XFitMojoMom
    Options
    It's my 1 year anniversary of starting CrossFit! I'm so happy I found this - yesterday I was driving by my box and some of the members were standing outside waiting for the trainer to arrive. Pulling in and getting such a happy warm welcome and genuine excitement that I'd be joining one of the "night" classes... well, it made me feel special and important. Then having to disappoint, I told them I already did the WOD and hinted that it was a 20 min AMRAP <groan>

June 27 WOD
    3 rounds for time
    50 double unders
    25 2-fer wall balls

SKILL: Turkish Get Up: work to 3 x heavy weight. I used a 22# O-bar.

I did all 3 rounds of double unders, but had to take a DNF on the 2-fer wall balls. My knee kept popping and giving out on me and I got hit twice with a 14# wall ball.
    PS - Going to an Osteopath on Saturday for an eval on my knee issues. Hurts climbing stairs now.

June 28 WOD
    "MARY"
    20 min AMRAP
    5 HSPU
    10 Pistols
    15 pull ups
    9 rounds + 4 HSPU

*pistols modified to 1 leg deadlift with 16kg KB
    I scaled the HSPU to slow negatives & pull ups to supine ring rows

SKILL: Practice handstands & pistols.
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    6/29 WOD

Stength: 5-5-3-3-1 bench press (45, 55, 60, 60, 70)

AMRAP 20 minutes:

Squat clean (60lbs) x 7
    clapping pushups x 10
    knees to elbow x 15

I completed 6 rounds + 17 reps.

Then for after party as we call it, 25 push press (45) and 10 tire rolls
  • Corinne_Bruce
    Options
    6/28/11 WOD:

(20) 2-fers wall balls
    800m run
    30 clean and jerks
    800m run

Time 12 min
  • bobspdx
    bobspdx Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    6/27 WOD
    Deck of Cards day
    * burpees
    * mountain climbers
    * kettlbell situps
    * triceps dips
    Jokers were run 10 laps (each lap is about 80m)

To mix it up Aces were 1, but Jack was 11, Queen was 12 and King was 13. (Usually, we do face cards are just 10, but Ace is 11.)

This sounds fun, leaving your reps to chance!
  • bobspdx
    Options
    Welcome new comers!!

Sorry, I have been extremely MIA. My WODs have been all over the place. I have been going whenever I have the energy to get them in.

Sat June 25: 6 mile run, 1:05:51. I am training for a half marathon and we took it easy as I had never run a solid 6 miles before.
    Mon June 27: 1000m run, 50 HSPU modified, 1000m row... 14:25
  • XFitMojoMom
    Options
    June 29th WOD
    Crossfit Total

*modified because I'm laying off the weighted squats.

1RM Deadlift 245 (no record - was aiming for 250)
    1RM Shoulder Press 97 (no record, aiming for 100)
    1RM Power Clean (replacing the back squat) 113 , but I've done a dirty 120 before but just couldn't get it today.
  • bobspdx
    Options
    June 29th WOD:
    100 push press 50lb
    on every minute 3 kb swings 1 pood
    16:56

The WOD was actually 100 thrusters and 3 burpees on each minute. I have a bum knee because I have picked up my running substantially so we swapped for push press kb swings.