Community for CrossFitters, by Crossfitters & anyone interes

Options

Replies

• XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    Robin - are you doing anything for your knee right now? I'm icing and foam roller (thinking it's partially to do with my ITBand).
  • cheri0627
    cheri0627 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    This sounds fun, leaving your reps to chance!

It is fun, except when you're all burned out at the end of the workout and the last card in the deck is the King of Hearts. 13 burpees is rough at that point.
  • cheri0627
    cheri0627 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    WOD 6/29 (boot camp style)

The Deconstructed Burpee
    EMOTM 20
    * 5 squats
    * 5 one-count mountain climbers
    * 5 push ups
    * 5 jumping jacks

This went a lot faster than I thought it would. I went slow and really focused on form once I realized how quickly that went, and I still had about 20 seconds of rest every minute.
  • kerriBB37
    kerriBB37 Posts: 967 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join this group! =) I joined CrossFit (via a Groupon) exactly one month ago today! I was working out on my own prior and had lost 40# by running (I ran my first half marathon this past March), spinning class at the gym and weight training 2-3x a week. Years ago I trained with a wonder trainer and she taught me "correct form" and a lot about weights. It's my own fault I quit and let myself get way out of shape/over-weight.. but I always knew what I would need to do when I was ready to get back at it! I started MFP on 1/3/11 I believe, and today is day 180 in a row! I'm quite proud of that. I am a good supporter of others and I love showing others what someone can be capable of. Some days (before CrossFit) I would spend 3-4 hours at the gym. It is fun for me to come up with new workouts and to try to push myself farther and farther! I love that it is FUN for me now. CrossFit is perfect for me. Something different every day and just the intensity of the room itself is awesome! I did gain 7# this past month, BUT I know I am much stronger.. It's probably because I did no "fat burning cardio" like I use to. I'm not upset about it. I think I am looking better.

Name: Kerri
    where you live: Detroit, Michigan
    Time CF'ing: 1 month
    Nutrition Plan: I just count calories, I get 1200 a day then I eat back 60-80% of my calories burnt. I would love to hear about other meal plans though!

Feel free to add me.
  • Sbiscotti
    Sbiscotti Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Soooo excited to have a CrossFit forum on here.

Name: Opal
    where you live: Tuscaloosa, AL
    Time CF'ing: on and off since 2008, committed since Jan. 2010. Certified Trainer 2 months ago
    Nutrition Plan: I try to follow close to the Zone (12-14 blocks/day) but I count calories on here each day aiming for a net of about 1200-1300.

I've been loving CrossFit since 2008, but it was really expensive where I started so I'd do it for a month and then save for 3 months. Back then I definitely did not think about main siting it. Now I train with Drew Shamblin and Sarabeth Phillips and coach CrossFit Kids at our gym. Most days I do our gym's wod and either an endurance wod or a strength wod.

This morning worked on squat technique and then swam 10x100m, 1 min. rest. What a burn! In a cple of hours I'll hit the gym for our gym wod: 20 min amrap 10 pushpress (115/85), 20 box jump (20"), 30 double unders. Will post later with my score. Little nervous about this one because yesterday I ripped both hands to shreds - seriously.
  • XFitMojoMom
    Options
    So happy to have new faces!! Welcome everyone and totally psyched to have you all here.

June 30th WOD
    800 m run
    30 squat snatches* (70% of 1 RM) (62lb)
    800 m run

15:31
    *modified to power snatch since my knee is still mangled.

Strength SKILL - find your 1 RM Squat Snatch (again mod'd for power snatch at 87lbs)

warm up included 500 m row at race pace.
  • kerriBB37
    Options
    June 30 WOD

burpee breakdown:
    10 second squat hold
    10 second plank on rings
    10 second push up on rings-max
    10 second plank on rings
    10 second squat hold
    10 second tuck jumps-max
    = one minute
    10 minutes worth. I did 70 push ups and tuck jumps combined
    Then 250m sprint on row machine x 4; SLOWEST time was 1:06

Skill of day:
    10 second ring holds x3
    5 sets of 5 dips on rings

Warm up was brutal too:
    200 m run x2
    bear crawl x2
    walking lunges with 25# plate over head
    15 pull ups
    20 ball slams with 20# ball

**I DID EVERYTHING TODAY WITH A 20# WEIGHTED VEST ON!!!!!*** I AM SUPER PROUD!!!!!! =)
  • Sbiscotti
    Options
    Dang! Way to go KerriB. I haven't done a wod with a weight vest yet. Right now I'm doing a bit of back to basics to work on technique. The Open this year and focusing on standards reminded me that even experienced crossfitters need to check themselves every now and again, so i'm incorporating technique focused slow-mo air squats and flash pushups into my warm ups.

Today's WOD:

20 min AMRAP
    10 Push Press (115/85)
    20 Box Jumps (20")
    30 Double Unders

My Score: 8 Rounds + 10 Push Press (55) + 2 Box Jumps

It killed me to do only 55#. It's been awhile since we've had a gym wod that I couldn't do prescribed, but two months off with a messed up rotator cuff - I really hadn't realized how much strength I had lost. I started off with 75# but after one round, Drew pulled two plates off saying I was losing form. Time to get push presses and push jerks back into my strength wod rotation.
  • XFitMojoMom
    Options
    I love push presses!! Way to go! - that shoulder will heal and you'll get back to getting that Rx.
  • kerriBB37
    Options
    Dang! Way to go KerriB. I haven't done a wod with a weight vest yet. Right now I'm doing a bit of back to basics to work on technique. The Open this year and focusing on standards reminded me that even experienced crossfitters need to check themselves every now and again, so i'm incorporating technique focused slow-mo air squats and flash pushups into my warm ups.

Today's WOD:

20 min AMRAP
    10 Push Press (115/85)
    20 Box Jumps (20")
    30 Double Unders

My Score: 8 Rounds + 10 Push Press (55) + 2 Box Jumps

It killed me to do only 55#. It's been awhile since we've had a gym wod that I couldn't do prescribed, but two months off with a messed up rotator cuff - I really hadn't realized how much strength I had lost. I started off with 75# but after one round, Drew pulled two plates off saying I was losing form. Time to get push presses and push jerks back into my strength wod rotation.

You'll get to that Rx in no time! Safety first though. I get in that mode sometimes where I think I can do more. Usually it's me and 4-5 guys in a group so I try to keep up. lol.
  • Corinne_Bruce
    Options
    6/30/11 WOD: 20 min AMRAP "Cindy"

5 pull ups
    10 push ups
    15 squats

Completed 14 rounds plus 5 pull ups

Rx- no modifications
  • Sbiscotti
    Options
    Today's WOD:

5 Rounds

7 Deadlifts (275/185)
    14 Toe-to-Bar
    150 m run

Score: 10:10 (165, 30 situps instead of 14 toe-to-bar)

Hands so torn up I couldn't grip the bar worth crap. Probably a good thing though since I'm going in for my rotator cuff and lat MRI this afternoon.
  • Sbiscotti
    Options
    Yay new people at the gym this morning. A mother came in yesterday with two of her teenagers to inquire about CrossFit. I was so glad to see them at this morning's wod.

Today:

"Grace"
    30 Clean & Jerk (135/95)

5 min recovery

3 rounds:
    50 m farmer's walk (53# kb in each hand)
    20 pushups
    50 m farmer's walk
    20 situps
    50 m farmer's walk

Score: 3:32 Grace; Total 16:47

I only did the cleans instead of Clean & Jerk, and did ring rows instead of pushups.

MRI showed some small tears in my left rotator cuff. 4 weeks out minimum doing physical therapy and then we'll reasses. Sooo not happy. This means no kb swings, no pullups, no pushups, no presses, no swimming, etc. etc. Not a happy girl. But just grateful that there's no need for surgery.

Hope everyone's having a happy 4th weekend.
    20 squats
  • XFitMojoMom
    Options
    I forgot to post Friday's WOD

Tabata This:
    20:10
    Squats
    rowing for calories
    pull ups
    sit ups
    push ups

score is your lowest # on from each = 40
  • XFitMojoMom
    Options
    July 4th WOD
    800m run
    *30 muscle ups
    800 m run

*sub for muscle ups is 90 pull ups & 90 ring dips

21:19

Trying to get in a final 5 days in a row before vacation. I was going to seek out CF Myrtle Beach but my knee is angry, I tweaked my quad picking up my 3 year old so I think my body is telling me ENOUGH...
    I will bring my speed rope and kicks for some cardio though :wink:
  • bobspdx
    bobspdx Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Robin - are you doing anything for your knee right now? I'm icing and foam roller (thinking it's partially to do with my ITBand).

Sorry Pam! I have been a little MIA lately. I am rolling out my IT band. I have a humongous knot just above my knee that is taking some time to get out. I usually roll for 1 minute then just lay on that knot for another minute kind of rocking back and forth. Then I take a 45lb bar and roll out the inside of my leg (I don't know what that is called). HURTS!!!! But it is making my knee feel better.
  • bobspdx
    Options
    Friday's WOD totally did me in. I have been resting ever since and my arms are so swollen. I had T-Rex arms all weekend and could not straighten them.

July 1 WOD
    50 pull-ups (started with gray/red band but had to move to gray/blue band because of the amount of PU)
    10 burpees
    40 PU
    20 burpees
    30 PU
    30 burpees
    20 PU
    40 burpees
    10 PU
    50 burpees
    39:38

I just returned today but still can't do much with my arms until this swelling goes down. At least I can straighten my arms, LOL!
    July 5th WOD
    3 rounds
    400m run
    30 overhead squats (25lb bar)
    30 box jumps 12"
    25 minutes or so.
  • XFitMojoMom
    Options
    T-REX ARMS!! Great description!!

July 5th WOD/ 3 rounds for time

12 Front Squat (95#) *
    12 burpee pull ups

*modified with 135# deadlifts

8:59

Short WOD - but tough!

My nutrition has been anything but stellar this passed week... shocked I haven't gained weight! While the husband was away I got into two high end bottles of wine, Pizza (with bacon & pepperoni!!), chocolate and macadamia nuts. While I feel puffy, the scale didn't change. Doing all water base veggies and fruits this week (with lean proteins of course)... but no outside cheats. Next week is vacation and while it's easy to eat primal on the road - it's hard to stay away from the temptations!!
  • bobspdx
    Options
    T-REX ARMS!! Great description!!

July 5th WOD/ 3 rounds for time

12 Front Squat (95#) *
    12 burpee pull ups

*modified with 135# deadlifts

8:59

Short WOD - but tough!

My nutrition has been anything but stellar this passed week... shocked I haven't gained weight! While the husband was away I got into two high end bottles of wine, Pizza (with bacon & pepperoni!!), chocolate and macadamia nuts. While I feel puffy, the scale didn't change. Doing all water base veggies and fruits this week (with lean proteins of course)... but no outside cheats. Next week is vacation and while it's easy to eat primal on the road - it's hard to stay away from the temptations!!

My nutrition has been atrocious. I think it is the reason I got super bad T-Rex arms. Usually, it lasts a day. This time it has lasted for multiple days. I feel puffy but my clothes fit just fine. I am trying to stay mostly clean until vacation, come on July 22!! During vacation, I hope to stay as clean as I can with alcohol. LOL!!!

Enjoy your vacation Pam!!
  • Sbiscotti
    Options
    Robin that pullup wod looks killer/like fun. Can't wait for my shoulder to be repaired so I can get back to work on those!

Yesterday's WOD:

3 rounds

30 KB Swings (53)
    30 Wall Ball

I did 30 Goblet Squats instead (stupid shoulder)

Score: 13:00 (53# KB).

Oh this morning was a trial in patience. The kids were complaining because it was hot and only two of them wanted to finish the workout. We had siblings arguing. Geez louise. It is one thing to motivate adults when the WOD gets hard, but chitlins are an entirely different story. Plan on taking it out on my WOD this evening, but sure as heck glad I ran 3 this morning to give me the energy to coach.