Tell me something unique about you......

Options

Replies

• anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    I use my humor as a defense mechanism/initiation

My psychologist told me the same thing.
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Jay Leno paid me a compliment. :blushing: And Gary Senise (Lt. Dan from Forrest Gump) once had his umbrella guy walk me to a van when I was loading up a catering van.

I love bananas but can NOT stand anything banana flavored. :sick:
  • Brihammond
    Brihammond Posts: 29
    Options
    I get to play games like,"Guess what I pulled out of a butt today?" at work. (I work in an ER)

My dad is actually my ex stepdad that kept assuming his role even after my mom divorced him while I was in the 7th grade. People get a really confused look when we're together with my dad's side since I'm the only white kid.

I have hung out with Quentin Tarantino in a hot tub on top the Omni Hotel overlooking downtown Austin. He was a gentleman and fun to talk with!
  • JoyceJoanne
    JoyceJoanne Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    I get to play games like,"Guess what I pulled out of a butt today?" at work.

LMAO!!! THAT'S awesome!!

I get good stories like this too. I know several nurses, paramedics and EMTs. I could listen to stories ALL day and night!!
  • MissO﹠A
    MissO﹠A Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Very few people share this sentiment with me (i.e., not "unique" but close enough):

I detest avocado. If I ate green colored school paste instead, I wouldn't be able to tell the difference.
  • porcelain_doll
    porcelain_doll Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    My eyes shake back and forth involuntarily. No cure for it. I've had it all my life.

(google "nystagmus")

Thankfully, my case is not as bad as many others'. Some end up claiming disability or never being allowed to drive. I have trouble reading words far away; other than that, the only other bothersome thing about it for me is when people occasionally point it out. Doesn't happen so much as an adult, though.
  • MissO﹠A
    Options
    My eyes shake back and forth involuntarily. No cure for it. I've had it all my life.

(google "nystagmus")

Thankfully, my case is not as bad as many others'. Some end up claiming disability or never being allowed to drive. I have trouble reading words far away; other than that, the only other bothersome thing about it for me is when people occasionally point it out. Doesn't happen so much as an adult, though.

Thanks for sharing about nystagmus; I've always wondered what this condition was called. (I first noticed it when watching Pruitt Taylor Vince in Mississippi Burning.)
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Very few people share this sentiment with me (i.e., not "unique" but close enough):

I detest avocado. If I ate green colored school paste instead, I wouldn't be able to tell the difference.
    Solidarity! I think guacamole looks like distilled animal carcass.
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I am adopted
    I have weird OCD's when it comes to sleeping
    I was the first of my family to go to college
  • Kityngirl
    Kityngirl Posts: 14,332 Member
    Options

I actually knew what that was. Lol. I researched it a ton after seeing Pruitt Taylor Vince in "Heavy"

On that note, I have a strange need to know things. I compulsively google things I see or are mentioned and can read about them for hours. Anything from medical conditions to supernovas. I'm also addicted to the Science Channel and love to watch "How it's made" and anything dealing with stars and the universe. :tongue:
  • MissO﹠A
    Options

Spot on, my friend, spot on. We are few; though we sport superior taste buds.
  • Kityngirl
    Kityngirl Posts: 14,332 Member
    Options

Spot on, my friend, spot on. We are few; though we sport superior taste buds.
    Yeah. Not a fan. I really did try to like it though. It's the consistency that gets me. *shudder*
  • mikeyml
    mikeyml Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    When I was 7 I had a really bad bike accident that tore almost all the skin off my face. I still have small pieces of gravel in my face and hands to this day.

I had a black belt in Taekwondo when I was 11. Don't remember any of it. Studied Kenpo from 22-24. Remember all of it.

When I was in 7th grade I was placed in remedial English classes because I wasn't doing the work. The teacher didn't think I belonged so she asked me to come in on a Saturday to take a reading comprehension test. It turned out I was reading on a 12th grade level and wasn't being challenged. I made honor roll every quarter after until I graduated from high school.

I taught myself how to ride a motorcycle when I was 21. I've been riding since 2002 but I didn't bother to get a license until 2009.

While I was in college, I tutored elementary school children who couldn't speak English. I was also a volunteer firefighter.
  • porcelain_doll
    porcelain_doll Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options

(google "nystagmus")

Thanks for sharing about nystagmus; I've always wondered what this condition was called. (I first noticed it when watching Pruitt Taylor Vince in Mississippi Burning.)

I've never even heard of that guy or that movie. I will have to check that out!

When I was in college, my German prof asked us to put one unique thing about ourselves on an index card and he would read them to the class. So of course I used the eye thing. When he got to my card, he stopped and walked over to me, and looked down at me and flipped his glasses down and told me to take a look. He had it, too. MUCH worse than me, I might add. He had to hold his head in a certain position to be able to focus on something or to read. It was the first time I'd ever met anyone else with nystagmus.
  • Run4iiiiiit
    Run4iiiiiit Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I can gleek several feet.
  • timetripper42
    Options
    I sunk in the ocean at age twelve and was rescued after about an hour and a half still a little frightened of the ocean
  • amyllu
    amyllu Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I used to go line dancing 4/5 nights a week and keep an allotment and do everybodies gardens here ( 4 in total).
    I played badminton during the day as well.
    Passed my GCSE English and Maths at the age of 50 and Bookkkeeping A levels at 52
    Learnt to swim at 50 as well.
    Now 76 and can't do a B**** thing!!
    No fun getting old.
  • Jena_72
    Jena_72 Posts: 1,057
    Options
    I can pick up almost anything with my feet,I am flexable enough to eat with my feet if I wanted to,which I dont but if I ever lose both my arms i will be ok.
    I also used to be a phone psychic and a phone sex operator
    I once stabbed a man in self defense

Can we talk more about the flexable bit...............................oh no.........wait.............hang on....................... just seen the last one..... never mind
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • kaytedawg05
    kaytedawg05 Posts: 209
    Options
    i've been married 3 times... once cuz i was young & under family pressure, once in pure stupidity, and once totally hopeful and completely crushed by a *kitten*. I have no faith in Love between man & woman, but nothing but faith in God being pure love.
    I'm the only person from Lockport High School to attend college in Brewton Alabama...
    I have spent most of 18 years working in restaurants and when I wasn't I was in some form or another cleaning poop. lol
    There's a lot of other things that make me unique, but yet somehow I'm still pretty average....
  • missbp
    missbp Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    I can pick up almost anything with my feet,I am flexable enough to eat with my feet if I wanted to,which I dont but if I ever lose both my arms i will be ok.
    I also used to be a phone psychic and a phone sex operator
    I once stabbed a man in self defense

I was a phone sex operator too!!!

I knew there was a reason I liked you!

I would love to be a phone sex operator!!! I have a funny feeling I would be REALLY good at it.