Tell me something unique about you......

Options

Replies

• Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    When I burp it sounds like a hiccup, unless I drink root beer. My cousin does the same thing.

I'm the best cat wrangler I know of. When I'm working with an aggressive cat I just go on instinct and no-one gets hurt and the cat stays as calm as possible (vet tech).

I'm the founder of the San Francisco Gothic Message Board.

I'm very flexible and can put my feet behind my head.

I gave up everything and everyone I knew and a job that I loved to move across country and care for my mother as she died of cancer. Her last wish was to die at home. I cannot afford to go back.

I've always thought of myself as a very tolerant and nice person, but certain people I work with are turning me into a b*tch.
  • ridiculyss
    ridiculyss Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I can touch my nose with my tongue. so can my Grandma, who just turned 90 :)

I have three stepbrothers, all of which have betrayed our family in one way or another.
    I also have an autistic half-brother who is 10, is obsessed with the color red, racing cars, winning, and Super Mario Brothers, among other things. He's very high-functioning, but has severe aggressive behaviors, and I'm still sporting scars from his last major tantrum a few days ago. He has inspired me to study in the major of Speech Pathology, in which I hope to someday develop a strategy in dealing with him.

I have ADHD which has plagued me through my entire education. I struggle immensely in school.

I have a Siberian Muttsky named Panda Bear who has one brown and one blue eye. She lives with my dad. :)

I am dating a guy who I knew in high school and had PE class with, but never spoke to until Facebook at 3 AM brought us to chatting. He's the biggest geek stereotype I've ever met, and I adore him. We just had (didn't celebrate yet!) our first year anniversary on Friday. :heart:

In person, I'm really very very reserved. Until you come and talk to me. Once I get comfortable with you, I'm hard to shut up. lol. :smile:

I had a phase where I was verging on obsessed over hip hop. Not just the music or dance, but the culture overall. I love it still, but not quite as gung-ho for it. (In person, I totally don't seem the type for that. until you know me! haha)

I've written song lyrics and recorded myself singing my own music, as well as other music, in hopes that someday I'll be good enough to carry out my dreams of being a musician. As it is now, those dreams are on hiatus. lol.

I performed center stage in a Michael Jackson tribute show, in which me and about 240 other zombies danced the "Thriller" routine. Three times (at least). Some of those being flash mobs (impromptu dance shows that bystanders don't usually see coming). Might do another one this year at the county fair for the second anniversary of MJ's death.

I Love to Dance. :heart:

I broke my two big toes doing MJ's signature "toe stand". I was barefoot. I previously could stand on them (the VERY tips, not just balls of feet) without any shoes on.

I'm actually not a huge fan of MJ (though I am a fan). It was more out of fun than fandom that I did any of the above. lol.

In middle school I was asked by a close friend if I had ever had a uni-brow. (for the record, no I haven't. lol)

I am perpetually optimistic, and though prone to sitting in dramatic situations, overall things tend to roll off my back (unless they're serious issues. which aren't infrequent for me.). I think I can attribute that to hardiness built up overtime. heheh what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. :glasses:

I could go on forever on these boards. >< I think I need to stop. it's after 2 AM.
    Goodnight! :tongue:
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    It won't let me edit my previous post.

I have a genetic bone disease which causes tumors on every joint of my body. I've had surgery 6 times, 9 tumors removed. My first surgery was when I was 3, my last was when I was 28. The largest tumor I've had removed was when I was 12, a tumor was removed from my right knee that was the size of a grapefruit (biopsy came back as beginning to turn malignant). Other tumors were removed because they were bending long bones, growing, or causing pain.

I do research for fun, my favorite subjects being mythology and fashion history.

I used to run a website on the history of corsets. For many years, if you googled corset history, my site would be the first to come up. I also ran a site on the history and mythology of the Egyptian Goddess Sekhmet. I love lions.

When I was a teenager, me and my friends were going to start the first all girl hardcore punk band, me being the singer. Then I discovered I have stagefright.
  • unsuspectingfish
    unsuspectingfish Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options
    I collect old non-fiction and textbooks. My oldest one right now is a book about world religions from 1871, published by the Catholic church. My favorite is a physics textbook from 1920.
  • hummzz
    hummzz Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I get to play games like,"Guess what I pulled out of a butt today?" at work. (I work in an ER)

My dad is actually my ex stepdad that kept assuming his role even after my mom divorced him while I was in the 7th grade. People get a really confused look when we're together with my dad's side since I'm the only white kid.

I have hung out with Quentin Tarantino in a hot tub on top the Omni Hotel overlooking downtown Austin. He was a gentleman and fun to talk with!

I totally get this being from a bi-racial family. Mama is white, Daddy is black, my older brother & sister are white and me and my two younger sisters are black and I have 4 Mexican/White cousins! Can you imagine what Thanksgiving looks like! Rainbow Coalition! LOVE IT!!!
  • LaPistolaSexola
    LaPistolaSexola Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    often times, when i'm in an argument with someone or discussing something that requires my full attention, my brain zones out and i mentally connect the corners of the room i'm in with diagonal lines.
    left ceiling corner to right bottom corner
    middle of the room on the wall behind me - diagonal to the opposite side wall top corners - in a V shape.
    over and over.
  • Hazelhaze05
    Hazelhaze05 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I can make my tongue into 3 loops lol
  • LaPistolaSexola
    Options
    my brain interchanges the numbers 4 and 7 all the time. so sometimes i will see a 4 and say 7
    or will write them incorrectly.

i have never used 4 or 7 in passwords or locker combos bc i'd surely *kitten* them up.
  • Sh1tsRainbows
    Sh1tsRainbows Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    I can pick up almost anything with my feet,I am flexable enough to eat with my feet if I wanted to,which I dont but if I ever lose both my arms i will be ok.
    I also used to be a phone psychic and a phone sex operator
    I once stabbed a man in self defense

Can we talk more about the flexable bit...............................oh no.........wait.............hang on....................... just seen the last one..... never mind

HAHAHA!!! IM THINKING the flexable and phone sex part were pretty exciting...so of course you have to add the stabbing...other wise youd have to beat them off with a stick!!!!!!
  • Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    I only dream in black and white.

I'm scared of birds or anything that flies really and I hate feet.

I broke my arm at school, the bone was sticking out and they didn't call my mom because it was the end of the day. After being in a cast for a month my brother re-broke my arm fighting over the tv remote. He twisted it around until it broke again. My father pulled the female principal of my elementary school over her desk for not calling them. She was fired the same day.

I went to Ireland in 2006.

I've broke my arm four times.

I've played piano since I was in 5th grade.

I want to write young adult novels. I've been writing since I was in 4th grade.

I was ten points shy from making a perfect score on my SAT's.
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    I'm wearing the boots I jacked from Wal-Mart right now.
  • LaPistolaSexola
    Options
    :laugh:
  • lowlevelrebel
    lowlevelrebel Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    FearAnLoathing said:
    I love reading everyones replies to this,and keep think of things to add.

I have never been camping
    I did not learn to drive untill I was 33 and at that point had never driven a car

Yay! someone else who didn't learn to drive- I'm 28 and still have never driven. Was it stressful when you finally did learn?
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    :laugh:

Come to think of it, I have plenty of gear that I got for $Free.99 with a 5-finger discount.

I'm quite the klepto...
  • lowlevelrebel
    lowlevelrebel Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I've never learned to drive, hate beer, never been camping and can't burp (maybe done it 7 times in my whole life). So if you want to roadtrip across campgrounds, drinking beer and belching, I don't think I'm your girl.

When I was 13-17 I was obsessed with Monty Python's Flying Circus. I was a regular poster on alt.fan.monty-python and combed this new-fangled "internet" for information and books, etc.

Though I've never thought of myself as particularly sexual or kinky, my "collection" of sex toys and assorted paraphernalia now fills a large shopping bag in my bedroom. Oops.

i applied for (and got) a rotational diplomatic position yet I'm the only person in this job I know who's never been outside of North America. Oops again.

I wrote my grandmother's eulogy in 20 minutes when we found out her priest couldn't do it. It killed. Er... you know what I mean.

When i zone out, I tighten the muscles in my jaw and cheeks in time to someone's speech pattern or the beat of the music playing.
  • Sharont213
    Sharont213 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I love to cook and have a serious cookbook addiction - I read them like novels.
    I have very little depth perception.. never could see those images that were imbedded in those posters years ago.
    I am not all the unique.
  • sinclare
    sinclare Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Microwave ovens have always freaked me out.

I read non-fiction.

I like hockey.

All my lovers were from different ethnic backgrounds.

I was hit by a semi and the angels surrounded me and protected me... I still don't know why or what I am doing here.
  • skittybang
    skittybang Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    - I worked at this "high end" (gag) clothing store and I figured out how to get a 5 finger discount pretty easily... taught a lot of other associates how.... and got promoted...twice

-I competed on a national level in swimming when I was in high school

-I'm bilingual (english/polish)
  • JDMPWR
    JDMPWR Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    My parents are all Tri-Lingual. Spanish, Italian, French, Latin and English if you want to count those as well.

I didn't know how speak engrish till I was 7 and only knew spanish, when my parents wanted to talk about stuff they didn't want me to know they would speak Latin.