Last 10 pounds Club

Options

Replies

• Charlottejogs
    Charlottejogs Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Thanks bStamps- Congrats on the 10k for Thanksgiving! That sounds great!
  • skywa
    skywa Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    meh, i got 15 to go, can i still join? 130 and my gw is 115 C:
  • celticmuse
    celticmuse Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    I really need to be in this group, I think I joined, but forgot I had done so. Thanks to whoever sent me the invite today. Congrats to Hoosiermama for her success. My last 4 lbs just won't budge. I go down .5 lb one day, up the next. Lately, I have been really slipping on wine and dessert. Need to get my groove back. I started JM 30 Day Shred today, and it left me with wobbly knees. But I only burned 220 calories, so then I did half of my HIIT program. So I am good. I usually exercise every other day, but I assume with the Shred, I am supposed to work out every day. Is that right? If so, maybe that is what I need to get rid of these last 4 lbs. Have a great day ladies!
  • bstamps12
    bstamps12 Posts: 1,184
    Options
    welcome to skywa!

celticmuse--With 30 Day Shred, it is recommended to do it every day. I think that would be super intense and very hard, but could give you the boost you need to lose the last 4 lbs if you stick with it! Or maybe you could commit to 6/7 days per week so you have one day of rest. I will say this, the second and third day will hurt incredibly bad as your body adjusts but it DOES get better! Good luck!

Thanks for the recipe Hoosiermamma!

Here is one I made today for my daughter's daycare's Thanksgiving dinner:
    Roasted Green Beans w/ Parmesan

One bag (or whatever amount you choose) Fresh Green Beans (make sure they are trimmed and dry before you cook them)
    Salt
    Pepper
    Garlic Powder (optional)
    Extra Virgin Olive Oil
    Shredded Parmesan Cheese

Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
    Spread green beans over cookie sheet or baking dish. Line with aluminum foil to make clean up easy. Drizzle olive oil over the green beans as desired, then sprinkle with salt, pepper, and garlic powder as desired. Roast green beans for 10 minutes, then shake/rotate the green beans in the dish. Roast an additional 5 minutes. Sprinkle with the parmesan and serve. Done!

This was a delicious, new, easy way of eating a healthy food.
  • Hoosiermomma
    Hoosiermomma Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    Hello all! Please join in Skywa!! :flowerforyou:

I moved my calories up and over this week. Weigh-in should be interesting on Monday. :tongue: Make that Sunday... I will be in Chicago Sun thru Tuesday. I will have to be playing close attention to my menu choices!!

Celtic, :flowerforyou: am I understanding that you weigh everyday? Have you always done this? It has worked so much better for me to look at my habits a week at a time rather than day to day. I have a hard time remembering where your ticker started but I think you have moved in the right direction in the long term! My weight day-to-day fluctuates 2-3 pounds but on Monday morning each week I am seeing the drop a little at a time.

The green beans look awesome Stamps :flowerforyou: and I thought you said you didn't cook!! I will be trying that out! Costco has butternut squash all chopped up and ready to go... I used this recipe with it

Savory Butternut Squash
    1 butternut squash-about 3 lb.
    2 Tbs. butter
    1 garlic clove, minced
    2 tsp. ground ginger
    1/4 tsp. cumin
    Salt and pepper to taste
    Directions
    Heat oven to 400 degrees. Half the squash and scoop out the seeds and strings. Place it cut side up in a baking pan, adding 1/4 inch of water to the pan. Bake for 35-45 minutes until tender. Cool, then peel and cut into 2 inch chunks. In a large skillet melt the butter and sauté the garlic over low heat for 1 minute. Do not brown, or scorch. Add the squash, toss and cook for 2 minutes. Add the remaining ingredients, and toss to coat. Cook for 2-3 more minutes and serve.

I boiled the squash since it was all cut up and ready to go and I used fresh ginger. Super tasty!
  • celticmuse
    celticmuse Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I suspected that you are supposed to do the shred everyday. I just don't know if my body is up to that. I am almost 58 and had a total hip replacement in 5/10. I really feel as though my muscles need that day of rest. I lost 31 lbs. by exercising every OTHER day. I think I will alternate my HIIT program with the JM shred and see how that works. You are right that it may be what I need to lose those pesky 4 lbs.

I have been weighing myself daily since the beginning, and yes, the trend is overall in the right direction. But for the last couple of mos. I have been going between 141-142. This am, after a book club dinner, I was up to 143, but the dinner was quite salty, so I suspect the extra weight will disappear soon. I may try to weigh myself every other day, but I'm not sure I could go an entire week.
    I don't trust myself yet.

Thanks for your suggestions, ladies.
  • Hoosiermomma
    Options
    Celtic, :flowerforyou: You might continue weighing enough to keep that sense of security but only enter your weight once a week. Many of your posts reflect your frustration with the weight flucuation. I would guess you would see much less with recording the weight on a certain day at a certain time. I'll bet you know your "usual lightest" day of the week. Choose That day! :flowerforyou: You truly are doing amazing at continuing your healthy habits so keep educating yourself about what workout routines and nutrient levels work best for your lifestyle!

Super-duper and Steady on! :happy:
  • amhostetler
    amhostetler Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Oh my you just made me LOL!!! I'm sure you look amazing! Congrats btw!
  • amhostetler
    amhostetler Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    That last post was to mrs r! Lol
  • Charlottejogs
    Charlottejogs Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    So about 30DS- It is soo important to listen to your body! While I think it is intended to be done most days, it takes time to work up to it. It is normal to feel soreness when you start any kind of new work out program but if it is really sore do something else for a day and let those muscles heal! Injuring yourself is the last thing you want to do and will just set you back! I also would say it might be useful to do some additional stretching- I know she takes you through some but that is not much if you are new to that kind of exercise- good luck! :smile:
  • bstamps12
    Options
    Yes, celtic, I agree. Just listen to your body. Make the exercise intense but not to the point of non-normal-muscle-soreness.

So hoosiermomma & I have posted some recipes, what are some healthy versions of Thanksgiving type foods you guys are cooking this week?

My grandpa is still in the hospital and while we thought he would be home before Thanksgiving, it isn't looking like he will be. Starting to go back to worrying if he will be here for Christmas, even. Which means my mom & I will probably cook most of the Thanksgiving foods instead of my grandma. AHHHH. As Hoosiermamma remembered, I don't cook! I prefer stir fry type meals when I do cook and obviously can't do that for Thanksgiving. Even dessert....I'd bring a bag of Hershey's kisses if it were up to me! LOL so HELP ME OUT with some healthy Thanksgiving recipes!
  • bstamps12
    Options
    Just a quick encouragement to all of you to do your best on Thanksgiving! Go for a run or workout early in the morning, fill up on those delicious vegetables! One other tip I saw on another thread is to let yourself indulge in foods you can't get the rest of the year (pumpkin pie, stuffing), but say NO to foods you could easily have any other time (regular rolls, cookies). Have a wonderful Thanksgiving, friends! :flowerforyou:
  • Hoosiermomma
    Options
    Happy Thanksgiving all!! Enjoy the "fat-stivities"! We will do our best to control ourselves and know we can get right back on track !

So much to be thankful, for friends and food and life in abundance we thank Thee Lord!

:flowerforyou: Enjoy your families and times together!
  • kylakesgal
    kylakesgal Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone....just checking in BEFORE Thanksgiving. I've been officially in the 130's range now for a few weeks (137.6) and am seeing a slow but steady loss. Yah!!

Hope you all have a Happy Thanksgiving and remember everything in moderation. I do plan on having dessert but it will be a much smaller portion this year and am eating more veggies and no bread!! Lets all try and squeeze in a good workout before the feast:)
  • fininski
    Options
    Im somewhere between 8st9 and 8st7 (different scales are reading me differently). I admit that doesnt sound like very much but i am 5ft1.
    Im trying to lose the weight i put on in my last year of university where there was alot of sat down studying and not alot of exercise.
    I'd like to get down to closer to the 8st mark like i was before (i put on between 1 1/2 to 2stone (it got me down and i stopped weighing myself after a while

I started 30 day shred today and im complimenting it with running (which i used to lose the first stone) and p90x abs every few days too...
    im watching what i eat too ofcourse, my diet is pretty good.
    im hoping 30DS can get me out of a serious plateau!
  • bmqbonnie
    bmqbonnie Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I'm losing again. I was hungry and frustrated and plateauing at 1600 so I bumped up til 1740. Still hungry and frustrated and bumped again to 1970, which means my settings are very active and to lose .5 lb per week. I'm losing weight faster than that :) yay food! Less than 7 lbs to get to my original goal though I'm still thinking I should lose more like 10.
  • Cookie22684
    Cookie22684 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    I'm losing again. I was hungry and frustrated and plateauing at 1600 so I bumped up til 1740. Still hungry and frustrated and bumped again to 1970, which means my settings are very active and to lose .5 lb per week. I'm losing weight faster than that :) yay food! Less than 7 lbs to get to my original goal though I'm still thinking I should lose more like 10.

How did u do that , im stuck also have been since june, tried eating exercise cals, eating half back but maintained, any advice for me :( also were u netting 1600 )
  • bmqbonnie
    bmqbonnie Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    It's playing around is all it is. I do eat back my exercise cals- didn't think I would need to at this allowance but whaddya know, I'm still hungry lol.

1600 worked for a while but then I would go a little over, get hungry, say screw it and eat a bunch more. So honestly, I was rarely actually at 1600. I figured I was better off with a number I could stick to. I'd lose weight slowly but at the rate I was going I wasn't losing at all. So I bumped up again, same problem. Now I'm up to 1970 and actually able to stick to it but I still have to choose my foods wisely.

I just had another woosh! Down 1.2 lbs from yesterday.

I am 5'6, 145.6 lbs, and on my feet all day. I train horses so I spend a good part of the day riding, hauling grain, picking poo, etc, though I don't log any of that it's just normal activity for me. I focus on strength over cardio but have been doing ripped in 30 and not a whole lot else (I do log that, and eat my cals back). YMMV, but if you are stuck I definitely recommend trying a higher allowance for a couple weeks to see how it goes. I plateaued for about 3 weeks before I tried this and now it's flying off again.
  • sexyharleymama
    Options
    Happy Thanksgiving!! I am not only very thankful for my wonderful husband and two fantastic kiddos.......but I am very thankful to each and every one of the wonderful and inspiring ladies I have have gotten to know on here. The things I see you accomplish and the determination to reach your goals is amazing!!!! I am so proud of you all. :flowerforyou: Thank you for your thoughts and prayers while I took a well needed step back theses past couple of weeks. I was still logging and working out when I could. I just couldn't keep up with everyone and be supportive. I needed to take a step back and refocus on me. Thank you to each of you for helping me finally reach my goal today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :happy: Actually beat it by .2 :bigsmile:

14 yrs ago 5'6 125 (graduated high school)
    12 yrs ago 155 (meet my future husband 11/03)
    8 yrs ago 145 (married my best friend 10/03)
    7 yrs ago 195 (1yr later)
    4 yrs ago 1/07 began journey to loose 60: 195
    Preg1 5/07: 174......9months pregnant 2/08 220ish
    Preg2 5/09: 149......9months pregnant 2/10 190ish
    2nd Child 6 mo old 8/10: 149
    SW on MFP: 166 (1/30/11)
    LW:137.8 lbs 10/14/11
    GW: 135lbs
    Goal: reach goal by Thanksgiving (meet 134.8 11/24/11)

Now my goal is to get down to about 132 and maintain bettween 132 and 135.

I wish you all a safe, happy, and healthy holiday. I started mine with a 4 mile run, now bring on the pumpkin pie :o) God Bless!!! :flowerforyou:
  • laura328
    laura328 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    i'm on my last 10 and have been for such a long time!! I just can't see increasing my cals. I hit around 1500 by eating my exercise cals back and that seems like plenty to me. And now the holidays are here! yikes!