Gamers....

Options
kapeluza
kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
Any gamers out there trying to lose some love handles?

Here's one
<

Which games do you play and which platform (pc, wii, x-box, psp, etc)?

Replies

• amymrls
    amymrls Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    Both hubby and I love to game. We love RPG's and MMO's pretty much all of them. Nice to see others out there.
  • hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    I'm a gamer and was overweight all my life until 6 years ago. I play a lot of free online games as that's all I have time for, but I also have a PS2 and PS3.

P.S. found Twisted Metal 4 at goodwill yesterday for $2! Love goodwill!
  • annameeks00
    annameeks00 Posts: 46
    Options
    <--- TOTAL dork!

haha I play EQ2 :D
  • kapeluza
    Options
    Hroush, you should download Steam. They have GREAT deals all the time on popular games. Like two weeks ago they had an "EA Games" week sale. Big names at 75% off or more.
  • britachu
    britachu Posts: 157
    Options
    Ooh me! I play mostly RPGs on the 360. The Fallout and Fable series are my favorites, but I like most things other than sports games. I have a DS that doesn't get used much anymore, and PS3 that I occasionally play on, but it's mostly the 360.
  • britachu
    britachu Posts: 157
    Options
    Double post.. oops!
  • Kolohe71
    Kolohe71 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Currently about half way done with my second play though of Mass Effect 2 in anticipation of ME3. Got a ton of new DLC from a friend which completely changed the game for this run.

Also about half way though Fallout - New Vegas.

Both on PC.
  • scheys76
    scheys76 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    A myriad of games on PS2 and have to get back to Dargon Age Origins on my PC
    Also a pencil and paper gamer, used to play D&D (until they recently ruined it with 4th edition). Have a few new ones that I will hopefully be trying soon.
  • wdwghettogirl
    wdwghettogirl Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Hubby's a gamer, but I like to watch him play a lot of the games. Most of his stuff is xbox360, but he's dying for a ps3... I plan on getting one for him next year for his birthday (the big 30)/graduation. Any game suggestions for the ps3? Can't get him a system and no games to play! lol :)
  • hroush
    Options
    Hroush, you should download Steam. They have GREAT deals all the time on popular games. Like two weeks ago they had an "EA Games" week sale. Big names at 75% off or more.

I've heard of it, but never checked it out. I don't have much time to play anyway, and the time I do have usually gets enveloped by the wife (her game of choice is facebook scrabble :grumble:, which I have to help with :grumble: :grumble: )
  • Kolohe71
    Kolohe71 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Steam... FTW. I have purchased a ton of games through their specials.
  • kapeluza
    Options
    WoW nerd here. Played for 5 years until Cata killed it for me.
    Playing Battlefield 2 Bad Company/Vietnam.
    Also playing: Dragon Age, Mass Effect, CoD, Rift, etc. Mainly PC and some kinect. :)
  • Imsojen
    Imsojen Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I play World of Warcraft which is as addicting as crack im pretty sure.
    Call of Duty on Xbox 360
    Crysis
    Fallout3
    we have PS3 and Xbox360 housefull of gamers
  • hroush
    Options
    Hubby's a gamer, but I like to watch him play a lot of the games. Most of his stuff is xbox360, but he's dying for a ps3... I plan on getting one for him next year for his birthday (the big 30)/graduation. Any game suggestions for the ps3? Can't get him a system and no games to play! lol :)

What kind of games does he like?

If you can, definitely check out craigslist as I've been seeing quite a few PS3's in my area with games for less than $200. If you choose to go this route, definitely make sure everything works before handing over money.
  • Losingitin2011
    Losingitin2011 Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    I'm a WoW Geek still, having a blast with it. I play some Wii console, but not much of a console gamer. :-)
  • kapeluza
    Options
    I couldn't play anymore. I was literally making myself log on WoW before I quit. I can't do the whole 9 yards again lol. Don't get me wrong, I had a BLAST on WoW. So much that I even met my husband on WoW. You know classic scenario, I was the GM of a hardcore raiding guild back in BC and he was our main tank lol! :)

Anyways, I am liking Rift though. Good change lol.

But.... I can't wait for BATTLEFIELD 3!!! November!!! :D
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    Gamer check-in.

I have a 360 and a PS3. My bro hogs most of the online gameplay, but currently we're playing BlazBlue Continuum Shift since the rebalance patch [CS2] just came out.

I play a variety of games from [J]RPGs, FPS's, and fighting games.

Waiting for GOW3 to drop later this year. It will take up the majority of my time, I'm sure. I will only be taking breaks to work out and eat. Everything else will revolve around the damn game.
  • casey12105
    casey12105 Posts: 293
    Options
    I admit to being a wow geek, however I have significantly lowered my play time since Cata but that has to do with a mixture of the cata changes and being overall sick of the people on my realm lol. I love mmos, and play xbox 360 I like games like assassins creed, bioshock, gears of war, etc. Also play the wii (super mario bros and mariokart ftw) and would play the ps3 if I had enough money to get one lol. And yes, this is why my butt is so big :laugh:
  • TheGoktor
    TheGoktor Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Ooh me! I play mostly RPGs on the 360. The Fallout and Fable series are my favorites, but I like most things other than sports games. I have a DS that doesn't get used much anymore, and PS3 that I occasionally play on, but it's mostly the 360.

I LOVE Fallout and Fable (although I was disappointed with Fable 3)!! I've notched up around 200 hours of each full playthrough of Fallout 3 and New Vegas (played F3 twice and a bit. Currently on my second go of FNV!).

I've spent far longer in the company of Ezio Auditore though! :love:

360 is my console of choice (my partner and I have one each - he kept nabbing mine, so I insisted he got his own!), and I prefer games with an immersive storyline and LOADS of gameplay. Looking forward to AC: Revelations (of course!) and ME3. I'll probably give LA Noire a go soon too....if only for the novelty of playing Ken Cosgrove! LOL!

Has anyone played Stronghold Kingdoms? I did some freelance work on it earlier this year - 'tis a pretty cool game. I've also been doing bits and pieces for Illyriad (my partner is heavily involved with it) - another really cool MMORPG.
  • mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    Options
    My husband and I are games. Right now, it's mostly an MMO (WoW), but we've done a lot of old-fashioned paper and dice rpgs in the past and want to get back.

The biggest hurdle to loosing weight I've had, related to gaming, is that our group always had tons of snacks (chips, dip, cookies, etc). My solution was to fix myself a big veggie tray with salsa (it's fat-free and low cal) and snack on that all night :)