Gamers....

Options

Replies

• XxXstars9967XxX
    Options
    What upcoming games this year is everyone most looking forward to? For me... The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is definitely on the top of my list, and close to my birthday.

Elder Scrolls V, ME 3, GOW 3, MW3, AC forget what it's called
    elder scrolls V and MW3 are the games for me to :)
  • decu68
    decu68 Posts: 78
    Options
    Many people I play with when find out how old I am are amazed I'm playing; like I shouldn't be. I was gaming before they were born and in some cases their parents. I'm probably going to game to a ripe old age. What these kids don't understand is guys like me are making these games and enjoying them still; there is no age limit.

I'm not huge on playing with younger kids, though I have found a few that have been respectful. I mostly play with people who are like minded and mature and I frequent a group from a gamer website knows as Battlebud.com. They mostly play 360 games but at least you don't have screaming kids. Playing with many or being on their boards, it is like a bunch of guys joking with each other constantly. Just putting that out there.
  • chrisyoung0422
    chrisyoung0422 Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I am currently working on

PS3
    LA Noire
    Portal 2
    Dead Rising 2
    Mafia 2
    God of war series
    COD BO (play online a lot)
    GT5

Xbox 360
    Reach (play online)
    Fallout NV
    Halo wars
    You dont know jack

There are a bunch more that I am playing. I like to jump around and pick stories back up later on. Keeps em fresh. As for LA Noire I will be finishing that straight through.
  • chrisyoung0422
    chrisyoung0422 Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    What upcoming games this year is everyone most looking forward to? For me... The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is definitely on the top of my list, and close to my birthday.

I am interested to see how BF3 and MW3 come out seeing they are going head to head on release. Both were great last time but I felt myself coming back to COD more than BF. BF3 vids look super sick with that Frostbyte engine at the helm.

I am also a MAJOR Bioshock fan. The last one was good but the first was great. This new one in a flying city is going to be excellent if Lavine and his boys can pull it off correctly. I will mis the distopian (spelling?) underwater world though.

Arkham city is also on my must buy list becuase the last one was easily one of the best action hero games ever made.

I hear a lot of buzz on dtoid show and things for Skyrim but I am not a huge MMO'er. We will see if I get sucked into it or not. Either way it also looks amazing.
  • Dcgfeller
    Dcgfeller Posts: 83
    Options
    I have a monogamous relationship with my PS3 nowadays when it comes to gaming..

Been playing:
    Killzone 3- I am finding that I do not enjoy it nearly as much as i thought I would. I really liked KZ2, this isnt doing it for me yet
    Fifa 11- play this with my roommate, first sports game in quite awhile, having a good time
    Black Ops- I have put it down since picking up KZ3, but may go back if I dont find more enjoyment with the other soon....

As for releases I am wating for:
    ICO/Shadow of the Colossus Collection
    The Last Guardian
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    I CONFESS..................................

I WAS PLAYING SIMS3 LAST NIGHT!!!!! lololol
    smiley-music002.gif
  • mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    Options
    I dunno, my head about explodes when I am playing WoW and a 10 year old is on. I've been reamed for not watching my language around them in the past, and I pointed out that it is rated for a reason. They didn't like that too much.

I let my kids play, but only with supervision. And they are not allowed to join random groups (not so much the language, as the name-calling that happens so often) or whisper to people that we don't know. And we use the filter, so most of the language isn't an issue. I just hate when people deliberately circumvent the filters (spelling it different or spaces in between each letter). Believe it or not, some adults prefer not to see that language too. (Not saying this was your issue ... like I said, it's my responsibility to monitor what's going on with my kids playing)
    123456654321 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    I enjoy games but I'm no longer trying to lose the love handles;P
  • ales1979
    ales1979 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    well I've gone and done it!!

After a rotten afternoon in therapy assessment yesterday, I felt so awful and annoyed when I came out of there yesterday, that I went and bought myself an Xbox 360 (elite 120 gig) to cheer myself up!! It has a precessor from 2008.

Can someone tell me if this is post/ after the ''ring of fire'' processors/ chipsets?

Oooh gosh, I sound like I know what I'm talking about! Which I don't really lol! but simple yay or nay will do

Thankye :D

xx
  • angryguy77
    angryguy77 Posts: 836 Member
    Options

After a rotten afternoon in therapy assessment yesterday, I felt so awful and annoyed when I came out of there yesterday, that I went and bought myself an Xbox 360 (elite 120 gig) to cheer myself up!! It has a precessor from 2008.

Can someone tell me if this is post/ after the ''ring of fire'' processors/ chipsets?

Oooh gosh, I sound like I know what I'm talking about! Which I don't really lol! but simple yay or nay will do

xx

I take it was used? If not it will have a warranty.

regardless new or used, there are fans that you can buy that will attach to the back of the console. I had the red ring and once I received my new 360, I put one of these fans on the back and this current machine has been running great(4 years) I think the name of the fan is Intercooler.
  • monkeefun
    monkeefun Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I CONFESS..................................

I WAS PLAYING SIMS3 LAST NIGHT!!!!! lololol
    smiley-music002.gif

I can't say anything, as for years I was a Sims and Sims 2 junkie! Sims 3 just doesn't do it for me though ;-)
  • Losingitin2011
    Losingitin2011 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I dunno, my head about explodes when I am playing WoW and a 10 year old is on. I've been reamed for not watching my language around them in the past, and I pointed out that it is rated for a reason. They didn't like that too much.

I let my kids play, but only with supervision. And they are not allowed to join random groups (not so much the language, as the name-calling that happens so often) or whisper to people that we don't know. And we use the filter, so most of the language isn't an issue. I just hate when people deliberately circumvent the filters (spelling it different or spaces in between each letter). Believe it or not, some adults prefer not to see that language too. (Not saying this was your issue ... like I said, it's my responsibility to monitor what's going on with my kids playing)

I don't avoid the language filters, those that do kinda annoy me. Its those parents that use WoW as their digital baby sitter but get butthurt when their kids hear/see stuff they don't approve of.
  • ales1979
    ales1979 Posts: 269 Member
    Options

xx

I take it was used? If not it will have a warranty.

regardless new or used, there are fans that you can buy that will attach to the back of the console. I had the red ring and once I received my new 360, I put one of these fans on the back and this current machine has been running great(4 years) I think the name of the fan is Intercooler.

Ahh thanks for the advice :)

Yeah it was second hand, but bought via my local GameStation (UK) I've taken out a warranty with them for 2 years, and it covers accidental damage etc, so I was quite happy with it :) But I was just wondering if anyone here knew the info off the top of their head :)

Only cos its gonna be getting a lot of use when I buy a kinect sensor for it (yay exercise!! :) ) and something like zumba or other fitness type things.
  • Limeinthecoconut
    Limeinthecoconut Posts: 234 Member
    Options

xx

If it's an Elite, you should be fine. They had different insides to the regular 360s anyway, so red ring didn't affect them nearly as much. I have an elite, it's the red Resident Evil one. Still going strong!

Currently plugging away at LA Noire. Love getting my detective on!
  • stargzrlily
    stargzrlily Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Yes we have a game room. We have all the systems but I prefer Nintendo and Playstation.
    I love Final Fantasy,Resident Evil,Castlevania,Lego Star Wars,Okami. I really want to play the Shin Megami games. There is a game for the Wii called Dokapong Kingdom,it's one of the most entertaining games ever.Trine is an awesome downloadable game on the PS3.
    123456654321 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options

xx

If it's an Elite, you should be totally fine. The red ring of death was a problem with the first couple of gens but was pretty rare after that.

<<<had the red ring 3 times >.< Luckily I was under warranty and they finally replaced it for me.

(sorry, that was more then a ya or nay)
  • SMJohnson27
    SMJohnson27 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Gamer here! Nice to see so many others!! Our main console is 360. love L4D, Halo, Gears, RDR, COD, Bioshock, Fallout, Boderlands, etc (too many to mention, lol). It is a family thing. My 4 year old is a beast on Lost Planet games or any Mario game. My 7 year old plays most of the above online.

We get ragged on all the time by family. In our house we have 6 TVs with some kind of console hooked up. We started the kids on the leapster (baby gamers), then they each got handheld leapsters, then the DS. We still have those, gamecube, PS2, Dreamcast, 2 Xbox (both hooked up in the living room) w/ kinect and getting a 3rd by christmas, and computer. And they all get played, everyday, well, maybe not the leapsters as much.

My two new favs-Your Shape and Kinect Sports.

I originally thought it was the gaming that made us fat (me and hubby, kids are not), but we have managed to live healthier lives and still play all of these everyday. We started making healthier food choices and take the kids to the gym with us everyday.

Glad to see other gamers trying to get fit!!!

You let your seven-year-old play 18-rated games online?? :noway: OMG! My partner used to play CoD online...the language and bullying, and racism (not directed at him, I hasten to add) was shocking! Appalling even. Not the kind of thing I'd have wanted my kids exposed to!

Yes, my kids are monitored while on-line, we don't use it as a built-in babysitter. They are usually playing right along side one of us. Most of the time, he doesn't have his headset on anyways. I don't think there is much he hasn't heard before that anyway. He came home from preschool telling us racial slurs and bad words and one kid was nice enough to teach him how to give people the finger. But, my kids have never repeated anything they have heard more than once. We explain it is something some adults use and they never say it again. I don't ask people in "real" life or on games not to use fowl language in front of my kids, it is something they will hear, and my job to keep them from repeating it and so far, it works just fine. And how is killing in games any different than letting them watch cartoons or so called kid friendly movies (spiderman, transformers, batman), all which have fighting and killing? It is something my hubby and I grew up with and we turned out just fine. They are good kids and until that becomes a problem, they will game up with us.
  • SushiPunk
    SushiPunk Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Love to game, trying to stay in shape to wear my assassins creed costume for cosplay events this summer. Nerd.
  • vintageeve
    vintageeve Posts: 14
    Options
    Many people I play with when find out how old I am are amazed I'm playing; like I shouldn't be. I was gaming before they were born and in some cases their parents. I'm probably going to game to a ripe old age. What these kids don't understand is guys like me are making these games and enjoying them still; there is no age limit.

I'm not huge on playing with younger kids, though I have found a few that have been respectful. I mostly play with people who are like minded and mature and I frequent a group from a gamer website knows as Battlebud.com. They mostly play 360 games but at least you don't have screaming kids. Playing with many or being on their boards, it is like a bunch of guys joking with each other constantly. Just putting that out there.

Age doesnt matter when it comes to gaming ... I think Even if how old you are .. gaming wont restrict you ..besides its a fun way to relax from stress . . .
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    Gaming family here...as a result we have all the systems in the house.

Wii which is pretty exclusively used by mom for her exercise (that would be me) and Zumba is my favorite at this time. Although my daughter does have some dancing games she uses on it and my step son enjoys the mario carts and the like.

Two Xboxes, one for my eldest step son and his various point and shoot games, one for my daughter and her various kinect and dance games.

Two PS3's, one for my younger stepson (he inherited the older one when we bought the new one with the Move attachments) for his little big planet gaming amongst other games....but he's been almost exclusively working on LBP2 since January.

The new PS3 with move is in the family room for everyone and anyone to use.

Then my daughter has a subscription and ongoing ordering with Big Fish games for puzzle games and time management games.

We don't subscribe to any RPG games such as WOW, as my daughter's father is a huge WOW addict and his abillity to function at any capacity as a father has left a pretty sour taste in every ones mouth, step sons included.

He's bailed/missed many an opportunity with her due to his "raid" commitments and as such has earned a considerable lack of respect in this household where we can all put the consoles down to actually live our lives.