Mark your calendar...June 6th starts another round of P90X C

Options

Replies

• Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    I got half the yoga DVD in yesterday. Better than my usual skipping it. My dog still hasn't come home so I need to post an ad on craigslisg and make some flyers post around the nieghborhood and hope something comes of it.

Today is legs and back. YEAY!

I wore some leggings last night for the first time since vacation at the end of June..they were a little uncomfortable at the waist line then. Last night they fit perfectly. It's been right at three weeks so that was a nice surprise.
  • reepobob
    reepobob Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I just want to say that I am not real crazy about Chest, Shoulders, and Triceps...this workout always makes me feel like I still have a long ways to go to be considered super fit...most of the plank exercises are brutal and I feel like even though I bring it as much as I can, it isn't nearly what the folks on the video are doing. I am progressing personally, but after 1 1/2 rounds of P90X, I feel I should be doing better on this workout...I slogged through it...plus, this workout is probably the lowest calorie burner of all the strength routines (at least for me)...so it is always a lean eating day. No weighted vest for me today on this workout...it is hard enough without, but I did don the gear for ARX, which I will do moving forward.

Got "the mother of all P90X workouts" tomorrow...PLYOMETRICS. It is my "good eating day" workout...Love Plyometrics and I didn't think I would say that when I first did it. I wonder if there are any crazy people doing Plyo with ankle weights (at this point, I am not!!! Not THAT crazy!!)

You guys are doing awesome! All of you!!!
  • reepobob
    Options
    One thing I forgot to mention, I am six pounds away from my goal weight this morning...at 1 pound a week, that puts me at or around 175 about mid August...when I started this journey in November 2010, I wanted to be at 175 at the end of August. Looks like I just might beat that target. Next goal will be to see the six pack by 11/10/11, my one year anniversary of starting my journey when I was 243 pounds and over 30% Body Fat. I want to maintain 175 pounds and be at 10% or less Body Fat...hopefully, I will get there...

I am planning on doing Insanity a week or so after finishing this round...anybody interested?
  • Laceylala
    Options
    Bob that is awesome you are so close to your goal weight..you've worked hard to get there! I hear that Insanity is more cardio related right? Is it more like Plyo or more like Cardio X and Kenpo? I don't know if the knees can handle the Plyo stuff on a daily basis.
    I think when I get back from my trip I will probably go right onto round 2 phase 2 of P90X. I am going to be able to get through the first round before i leave I think. If I can't then i will start it over. This time will be focusing on pull ups instead of resistance bands.

I want to do some sort of P90X hybrid..and kettleworx after that I think. And I'd like to try running again. I have a major hankering to do Warrior Dash next September.
  • Laceylala
    Options
    WOW. I just totally realized in reading my above post that I have fitness goals for a year. A YEAR!! Thats a first! Its always been about losing weight before. I like this much better.
  • Laceylala
    Options
    Legs and back complete. I forgot ab riper. I will do it with Kenpo tomorrow.

I am totally missing my dog today. I was good for the first day and a half because my intuition kept telling me we'd find him. Ever since Mr. Raccoon and I had a run in in my garage late last night, I am reminded of how much Vinny kicked @ss around here. He would run them off. So I need to go to the store and will do some more driving around just to make sure he's not on the side of the road somewhere. Gulp.
  • annhjk
    annhjk Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I just want to say that I am not real crazy about Chest, Shoulders, and Triceps...this workout always makes me feel like I still have a long ways to go to be considered super fit...

So glad I'm not the only one! I was feeling pretty good about the first month, then I did that workout and I was toast! My arms felt like lead. I did legs and back today. Driving home from vacation kind of messed up my schedule.

I did the insanity cardio and balance for recovery last week because it was mostly standing and I was working out on the patio of our cabin so I didn't wake anyone. Like it much better than doing yoga few times during the week.
  • MAK_01
    MAK_01 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Hello all!
    30 day check in for me.
    Inches lost: toal of 6 (20 if you count the 14 inches of hair that I cut off :bigsmile:)
    Weight lost = 4.5 pounds

Loss wasn't exactly where I would have hoped it would be, but the next 30 days I'm really going to watch my intake.

Have a great night everyone :happy:
  • reepobob
    Options
    Bob that is awesome you are so close to your goal weight..you've worked hard to get there! I hear that Insanity is more cardio related right? Is it more like Plyo or more like Cardio X and Kenpo? I don't know if the knees can handle the Plyo stuff on a daily basis.
    I think when I get back from my trip I will probably go right onto round 2 phase 2 of P90X. I am going to be able to get through the first round before i leave I think. If I can't then i will start it over. This time will be focusing on pull ups instead of resistance bands.

I want to do some sort of P90X hybrid..and kettleworx after that I think. And I'd like to try running again. I have a major hankering to do Warrior Dash next September.

Yeah, a lot of cardio, including Plyo...also a lot of body weight exercises for strength which is good for a traveling man like me. I am planning on Insanity after P90X, and then a P90X/Insanity hybrid Nov-Jan...I may do the new P90X2 in Jan and mix in some running training...maybe a C25K...I want to do a warrior dash as well next year around the same time and the missing element is the run training for me...I am planned out pretty far as well...LOL
  • reepobob
    Options
    Hello all!
    30 day check in for me.
    Inches lost: toal of 6 (20 if you count the 14 inches of hair that I cut off :bigsmile:)
    Weight lost = 4.5 pounds

Loss wasn't exactly where I would have hoped it would be, but the next 30 days I'm really going to watch my intake.

Have a great night everyone :happy:

That is nothing to sneeze at Meghan! Great job...get focused on your eating and plan out your weekend meals...it might help keep you from falling off the wagon on those days or at least order healthy when you eat out...I find that salmon or tilapia is always an option almost anywhere you go...
  • reepobob
    Options
    Got my Plyo on today and tweaked a groin muscle...nothing major...just walking a little funny...I think I really tweaked it doing weighted oblique V-ups on Saturday and really drove it home with those damn Mary Katherine (??) lunges on Plyo...I think I need to go modified on that particular move...wow...killed the jump knee tucks today though and burned 820 calories...

Back and Biceps tomorrow after my long travel day back to Buffalo...I will be in the Buffalo area for two weeks prior to coming back home on 7/22 so I am bringing all 376 pounds of my weights with me...just unpacking will be workout enough...I HATE the bands!!!

I am hoping to kill a 25-20-15-12 four strip set tomorrow...my best has been 20-15-12-10, but it was a little easy last time and it is time to up the game a bit...I want to do 35-30-25-20 by the end of the round...
  • ricardorides
    ricardorides Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm coming into P90X as someone who is already quite lean, certainly not overweight - has anyone else found they've had to increase their calorie intake to have the stamina to get through the exercises? I'm trying to develop muscle mass while burning some fat - just have it round the belly, like most guys probably - and I've realised from this site that my normal, non-exercise daily intake is already below what's recommended in the Food Diary. This is my second attempt at the programme. The first time I stuck to the low-carb diet plan and found, for me at least, that low carbs and weights don't mix!
  • hockeyman28
    hockeyman28 Posts: 136
    Options
    Monday morning y'all!

I like taking time off the thread, so much good stuff to respond to! I wish I would have brought my stuff for a lunchtime run today, I was going to but decided against it, your stories are inspiring me to go go go though.
    Layla- that little doggie better come home soon. I feel for you.
    Meghan- those losses were right in line with mine from the first 30 days. That seems the norm for phase 1 from what I can tell. FWIW, I'm down 3 pounds a week and half into phase 2.

And Bob- First I think you all are wrong about Chest Shoulders Tris. The reason it is so great is because it is so hard. I love it. I'm still sweating like a mother at the end, my arms get all swollen. Yeah it hurts, but in a good way. I am brutally bad at one arm push ups without going to my knees, I just love the shoulder exercises so much though, and love working the chest so I can get some pecs. You're rocking the workouts anyway. I am down for insanity, but am probably going to go for it in Nov.-Dec. After this round of 90x, I need to concentrate on marathon training and hockey.

Anyway, I have been hacking away on my 6-7 hours of sleep and 10+hour work days for 4 days now. I do think it impacted plyo yesterday. I'm not sayin' I didnt rock it though. My highest BPM ever at 183! I sweated through my undershorts!(It was 95 outside and I was in the garage). Rock stars, jump-knee-touch, sports bonus round, killed it. I was so high in my leapfrog stuff though and didn't get floor touches on every rep on the touch/leap exercises. I hope those were some short tires I was jumping in.

So, now the bad news. My wife talked me out of doubles on the weekend. I already work Saturday and Sunday AM(I work in television, darn you all for wanting to watch TV on Saturday and Sunday). By the time I get my hour-long workout in, it just isnt fair to family to take off on a run later. She's right(this time). I still will work doubles Mon., Tue and Thursdays though.

Now the awful news. I think I am going to have to skip yoga tomorrow. I don't have 90 minutes, and even if I try to squeeze it in, my mind will totally be distracted by the fact that I should be doing other things and i wont get a good workout in. I think I'm going to run, but I may plug in cardio x.
  • hockeyman28
    hockeyman28 Posts: 136
    Options
    I am hoping to kill a 25-20-15-12 four strip set tomorrow...my best has been 20-15-12-10, but it was a little easy last time and it is time to up the game a bit...I want to do 35-30-25-20 by the end of the round...

If you're doing that, Im doing 30,25,20,15. I'll let you know how that goes. Your travel plan seems gruesome. (though I'm bringing my stacks with me next week as well)
  • melleyd
    melleyd Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I told my husband Saturday night after I finished Legs & Back and Ab-Rip-Per-X that I really BROUGHT IT. Boy oh boy was I sore yesterday and still today! My legs and my butt are so sore! But I feel good! Did Chest, Shoulders Tri this morning. Going to ride my bike and do Ap Ripper X tonight after I get home from Olive Garden with the in-laws....their treat....yay!
  • Laceylala
    Options
    My @ss and upper hips are sore today from the legs & back. I FF through the multidirectional lunges though..those kill my knees for some reason. I wonder if I am just being a puss when it comes to my knees and feet sometimes. Sigh.

Tonight is kenpo and I am ready to Rock IT. Tomorrow starts recovery week (YEAY!) and yoga x. Since I got through half the program Friday I am thinking I should be able to do it all Monday. Wearing shoes is kind of a PIA but at least they support my arches and my feet don't hurt that way so its totally doable.

I also LOVE CST work out. I just find it to move so fast and it doesn't seem to be repetitive at all. I also love that my arms and shoulders are complete mush by the end of it.

This weekend I am headed to Target to buy the next resistance band up to increase the intensity in the last phase, well last two phases as I will be going right back into recovery week and phase one up until I go to europe for work in September.

I have a Polar F6, but the chest band is dead I think. I don't think I took as good a care of it as I should have. I wear my bodymedia fit but the calories burns I show aren't nearly as high as everyone elses. It makes me wonder if I am either not Bringing It hard enough or if my BMF versus Polar HRM are WAY off. I think it would make me nuts if they didn't match up, so for this round I will continue to push myself and next round in October I will get a new chest strap for it.
  • reepobob
    Options
    I'm coming into P90X as someone who is already quite lean, certainly not overweight - has anyone else found they've had to increase their calorie intake to have the stamina to get through the exercises? I'm trying to develop muscle mass while burning some fat - just have it round the belly, like most guys probably - and I've realised from this site that my normal, non-exercise daily intake is already below what's recommended in the Food Diary. This is my second attempt at the programme. The first time I stuck to the low-carb diet plan and found, for me at least, that low carbs and weights don't mix!

I would try the 2nd phase of the nutrition plan if I was you...sounds like you need to up your carbs for energy while still burning the excess fat...maybe set your goals on MFP to 1/2 pound gain? Maybe gauge how your body reacts...my two cents, my friend!
  • reepobob
    Options
    Monday morning y'all!

I like taking time off the thread, so much good stuff to respond to! I wish I would have brought my stuff for a lunchtime run today, I was going to but decided against it, your stories are inspiring me to go go go though.
    Layla- that little doggie better come home soon. I feel for you.
    Meghan- those losses were right in line with mine from the first 30 days. That seems the norm for phase 1 from what I can tell. FWIW, I'm down 3 pounds a week and half into phase 2.

And Bob- First I think you all are wrong about Chest Shoulders Tris. The reason it is so great is because it is so hard. I love it. I'm still sweating like a mother at the end, my arms get all swollen. Yeah it hurts, but in a good way. I am brutally bad at one arm push ups without going to my knees, I just love the shoulder exercises so much though, and love working the chest so I can get some pecs. You're rocking the workouts anyway. I am down for insanity, but am probably going to go for it in Nov.-Dec. After this round of 90x, I need to concentrate on marathon training and hockey.

Anyway, I have been hacking away on my 6-7 hours of sleep and 10+hour work days for 4 days now. I do think it impacted plyo yesterday. I'm not sayin' I didnt rock it though. My highest BPM ever at 183! I sweated through my undershorts!(It was 95 outside and I was in the garage). Rock stars, jump-knee-touch, sports bonus round, killed it. I was so high in my leapfrog stuff though and didn't get floor touches on every rep on the touch/leap exercises. I hope those were some short tires I was jumping in.

So, now the bad news. My wife talked me out of doubles on the weekend. I already work Saturday and Sunday AM(I work in television, darn you all for wanting to watch TV on Saturday and Sunday). By the time I get my hour-long workout in, it just isnt fair to family to take off on a run later. She's right(this time). I still will work doubles Mon., Tue and Thursdays though.

Now the awful news. I think I am going to have to skip yoga tomorrow. I don't have 90 minutes, and even if I try to squeeze it in, my mind will totally be distracted by the fact that I should be doing other things and i wont get a good workout in. I think I'm going to run, but I may plug in cardio x.

Don't get me wrong on CST...I don't NOT like it...it's just not my favorite...sorta like vanilla ice cream...I like vanilla ice cream, but I prefer mint chocolate chip. I guess what I am trying to get across is CST is the ultimate reality check and ego deflater...you think you are kicking *kitten* and taking names and then CST smacks you in the chops like a high stick and puts you in your place. One thing though...I don't feel bad when I see big Phil bow out of weighted arm circles in the second go. That dude is a beast!

Great job on the plyo...I hit around 180 or so at my highest and it is right around the point where it is dangerous for me. I function fully in the 170-175 BPM range and usually avereage 168. I crushed Plyo as well...I am getting more stamina since early June when I first did this puppy!

Why don't you swap out Yoga-X with Kenpo and do Yoga-X on the Kenpo day? As long as your strength days aren't back to back, you can mix it up...as a matter of fact, I have plans on Saturday, so I am actually going to start week three a day early on this Friday (my normal rest day) and take Saturday off so I can enjoy my plans (picnic, movie, and a lake dinner cruise) without the worry of the workout looming. Sunday remains Plyo day and I am back on schedule...piece of cake...

You are doing the right thing on the weekends, my man! And obviously you haven't been married long enough...she is ALWAYS right!!!
  • reepobob
    Options

If you're doing that, Im doing 30,25,20,15. I'll let you know how that goes. Your travel plan seems gruesome. (though I'm bringing my stacks with me next week as well)

Killed 25-20-15-12 with a wee bit left in the tank if I went for 8 10#s. Up your game, and I will do my best to up mine brother! I need someone to push me a little harder! Good luck on 30-25-20-15! I know I won't be there until maybe Phase 3, but ya never know (I may have to cheat and go light on hammer sets to conserve...LOL)
  • reepobob
    Options
    I told my husband Saturday night after I finished Legs & Back and Ab-Rip-Per-X that I really BROUGHT IT. Boy oh boy was I sore yesterday and still today! My legs and my butt are so sore! But I feel good! Did Chest, Shoulders Tri this morning. Going to ride my bike and do Ap Ripper X tonight after I get home from Olive Garden with the in-laws....their treat....yay!

Great job Melinda! Plyo day and L&B day are both "good eating days" in terms of calorie burn...I did the Lean program from Feb-May and Legs and Back is missing from Phase 3 and I got a wild hair in late May as I was cherrypicking workouts between P90X rounds and did that workout (it had been 6-7 weeks since I did it) and I could barely walk for three days! It is a brutal workout, especially if you are cognizant of trying to get low in your squats and lunges (try with a weighted vest...aye carumba!)

Make sure you wait an hour or so before doing Ab Ripper...that Olive Garden could punish you if it doesn't settle first...I speak from bitter experience...