Mark your calendar...June 6th starts another round of P90X C

1192021222325»

Replies

• reepobob
    reepobob Posts: 1,172 Member
    Good yoga for me yesterday. I have a new yoga enemy and it is the Warrior 3 sequence. As I get better at the others, I am getting worse at that. Held crane for a few seconds- you crane holding people are amazing. Followed yoga with a little basketball. I loved it, but my knees did not.

I suck at the first part of Warrior three, but hold the rest of the poses (half moon, twisting half moon) soooo much better than I used to (still rely on the block). My world record for crane is 45 seconds, but I normally can only hold it for 25-30 seconds. It's tough man...
  • reepobob
    Sorry guys...been scarce on here these past few days...that's what happens when I am home...

Great progress report, Hockey...great strides my man, great strides!!

I did Core Synergistics tonight for my second day of blessed recovery week. Core Syn is a good workout in Classic because it is a good barometer of the progress you made in the other workouts of the previous phase. I really crushed this workout tonight...best I have EVER done...I am usually out of gas by the end of this workout, but I still had plenty in the tank. Did about 17 Dreya Rolls and my frigging hands NEVER touched the mat! Did ALL of the Chat runs and my body was LOOOOOOWWWWWW in the Chatarunga portion. Held Plank to Chatarunga ISO the whole minute and did 40 table dip leg raises to cap off the workout...very happy!

Core Syn is the "ego boost" workout, while CST+ARX is the "put you in your place" workout...LOL!! Glad CST doesn't come around for almost 2 weeks...maybe I will crush it then...

I hope all of you enjoyed your weekend...it is looking like August 12th is my last day in Buffalo...starting to mark the calendar!
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Looking forward to CST and AbR tonight! This is my favorite week.
  • Scott613
    Scott613 Posts: 2,317 Member
    Is anybody else adding in other workout dvds? I added some sopreme90 day workouts into the mix and am liking it a lot. They're only 30 minutes and instead of cardiox for doubles I use sp90 instead.
  • hockeyman28
    hockeyman28 Posts: 136
    So I did core syn. last night. I did well. How did I forget I needed weights on many of these? Oh well. i am on recovery week, and have ben forced to jumble the workouts for time and around other plans.

I was going to do yoga today, but during the stretch I saw all the fat I want to go away, and thought it would be better to take off on a run. Also, a run takes 90 minutes just like yoga, but my boy gets to play at the playground instead of sitting and watching TV while I exercise before work this evening. So I'm only doing one yoga this week and replaced today with run.
    Tomorrow is kenpo and a hike.
    Thursday is yoga and some hoops
    Friday is rest and some hockey
    Saturday is core syn. again, with weights.
    Sunday is rest day before loading up on phase 3 starting Monday.
  • hockeyman28
    So I did core syn. last night. I did well. How did I forget I needed weights on many of these? Oh well. i am on recovery week, and have ben forced to jumble the workouts for time and around other plans.

I was going to do yoga today, but during the stretch I saw all the fat I want to go away, and thought it would be better to take off on a run. Also, a run takes 90 minutes just like yoga, but my boy gets to play at the playground instead of sitting and watching TV while I exercise before work this evening. So I'm only doing one yoga this week and replaced today with run.
    Tomorrow is kenpo and a hike.
    Thursday is yoga and some hoops
    Friday is rest and some hockey
    Saturday is core syn. again, with weights.
    Sunday is rest day before loading up on phase 3 starting Monday.
  • Laceylala
    With so many people out at work and it being the end of the month I am having to work OT to make sure everything is covered. Great for the paycheck, not so great for cooking/taking care of daughter/P90x. Last night I went for a 50 minute walk at 8pm instead of CST because Gracie had already gone to bed. At least I got something in..tonight I will do the CST. It may be like this all week and I will jus thave to make due and make sure I get in the three main strength training work outs at the least.

Hockey - sometimes you have to switch it up.

Scott - I've not traded any dvds out, but have done the walking thing instead of the cardio dvds. One of these rounds, probably in January, I am planning on subbing in the kettlworx program somehow for some of the programs.

Bob - great job on the Core S!!! When you are done in Buffalo, do you get to work locally for a while or is it to somewhere else?
  • reepobob
    Is anybody else adding in other workout dvds? I added some sopreme90 day workouts into the mix and am liking it a lot. They're only 30 minutes and instead of cardiox for doubles I use sp90 instead.

I'm not, Scott. I do mix in other stuff like bike riding and walking into my routine, but that is about it. I notice that if I double up too much, I tend to not BRING IT! to my main workout...plus I am always in a bad way for time...getting Insanity within the next few weeks...it's next on my agenda.
  • reepobob
    Bob - great job on the Core S!!! When you are done in Buffalo, do you get to work locally for a while or is it to somewhere else?

After Buffalo, I am taking a one week vacation (gonna still BRING IT! though) and then I guess I will find out...my job is somewhat in limbo, but they continue to find stuff for me to do...I just nod and ask to be pointed in the right direction...LOL!
  • reepobob
    Last night was my X-Stretch day of mid-week recovery....So, instead, I packed my bike and went on a 20 mile ride, burned almost 1100 calories, and then did X-Stretch just before I went to bed...I am feeling REALLY good today...looking forward to crushing Core Synergistics again today and cap it off with a little Yoga-X on Thursday...Friday is my rest/travel day (doubt I will stretch again)...

Then I get into Phase 3 BABY! Looking forward to Chest and Back and Shoulders and Arms...I miss those DVDs...

BRING IT! People!!
  • reepobob
    I just realized that we are only a few posts from flipping this thread...cool!
  • Laceylala
    :devil: Work is getting in the way of my P90X! I worked OT last specifically so I wouldn't have to do it tonight. So I could get home and get moving forward with CST finally. Not happening tonight either. Gonna have to work late.

The good thing is that I am going for 2.5 mile walks around 8 after the kid and husband are in bed, I've been doing that for about four days now. Can't do the work outs at home when they sleep, I am too loud I guess lol.

Tomorrow night I've not got obligations so no exercise. Saturday I can finally pick it up again.

I worry that taking a weekish off like this is going to mess my program up...ugh. At least I am doing something right?
  • amfaery
    amfaery Posts: 267 Member

I mix in Insanity 3 days, I got bored witht he cardio on P90X Insantiy is crazy I love it
  • Frankenbarbie01
    Frankenbarbie01 Posts: 432 Member
    ....17 Dreya rolls......(curses inserted here)...I hate that *****!!!! LOL I CANT EVEN DO ONE!!!!!! I try really hard to get up each time and if I cant I roll back again, press ball of my feet to the ceiling like it was falling down and try again. Still to heavy in the *kitten* to get off the ground LOL!! After my recovery week I had to change things up....stupid shoulder. Been doing yoga, core syn and running on days when I am really sore. The dogs are loving the run days, I am too! Just cant seem to bring myself to do chest and arms again yet (stupid shoulder injury) But it's getting better!

disclaimer - I dont really think Dreya is a *****!! I'm sure she is a wonderful person who is very attractive and amazing at what she does. I am envious. Anyone who is better at something than me gets a lable:devil: MMMWWAHHAHAHAHAH!!!

Keep on Keepin on Peeps!!!!
    S
    Frank
  • Frankenbarbie01
    Frankenbarbie01 Posts: 432 Member
    OOOOPS!!! Hope I dont get banned for language:embarassed:
  • reepobob
    ....17 Dreya rolls......(curses inserted here)...I hate that *****!!!! LOL I CANT EVEN DO ONE!!!!!! I try really hard to get up each time and if I cant I roll back again, press ball of my feet to the ceiling like it was falling down and try again. Still to heavy in the *kitten* to get off the ground LOL!! After my recovery week I had to change things up....stupid shoulder. Been doing yoga, core syn and running on days when I am really sore. The dogs are loving the run days, I am too! Just cant seem to bring myself to do chest and arms again yet (stupid shoulder injury) But it's getting better!

disclaimer - I dont really think Dreya is a *****!! I'm sure she is a wonderful person who is very attractive and amazing at what she does. I am envious. Anyone who is better at something than me gets a lable:devil: MMMWWAHHAHAHAHAH!!!

Keep on Keepin on Peeps!!!!
    S
    Frank

I struggled early on Dreya Rolls...when you conquer them, you will want to let out a primal scream...keep it up! YOU will get there...Now, if I could do a proper corn cob pullup...
  • hockeyman28
    Crane for 5 seconds Thursday!

That is all.
  • reepobob
    Crane for 5 seconds Thursday!

That is all.

I struggled on crane and just about all balance postures on Thursday...there are some days I could balance on the head of a pin and other days where I could be wearing clown shoes and still fall over...I don't know what the deal is...
This discussion has been closed.