Kicking *kitten* In Our Twenties - June Challenge!!

Options

Replies

• tjradd73
    tjradd73 Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    adding i_love_vinegar, welcome!! you must be a shortie if your goal is to get to 100 this month (and apparently less then that for your final goal?)?? good luck!

Angela4Health -run 60 miles in June and eat clean for 29 of the next 30 days
    CCSunlight- Drink at least 8c of water a day, lose 8 pounds, and make sure to stay on track as I move and settle in
    Ashleypeterson37:: Finish the last 10 days of 30DS, finally hit ONEDERLAND (8lbs away), run at least 50 miles and start Ripped in 30!
    ashleyk_xox- Lose 10 pounds to make it to my 100 pounds total lost, bring ALL my meals to work, complete entire 30 DS video, NO sweat tea, go to the gym at least 4 times every week, and tone my legs enough to wear shorts!
    Anitanz - loose 2kg to get down to 63kg / 139lb. Drink less alcohol and look and feel great at my 30th!
    ~KanCrav~..... Reach 135. ~ Drink at least 80oz of water a day. ~ Work out 6 days a week, even if its just Shred. ~ Finish Shred! ~Run at least 4 miles a week.
    milieitner-Get into the 8-stone-something category, Finish shred and start NMTZ, and Eat 100% clean 5 days a week
    emmaldownie (Emma)- cycle 100k, drink at least 8 glasses of water a day
    mkingraham (Megan)- Strength train at least 2 times a week, DON'T Weigh-in until July 1, run at least 2 miles 3 times a week, believe in myself, lose 8 lbs (ambitious I know)
    erinnmcpherson- Goals: Drink 6-8 cups of water a day, lose at least three pounds, run/walk a 5k scheduled for June 18, run 3x a week, cook/eat more fruits and veggies again (and less processed foods) and start 30DS again.
    Crystalfaith: workout at least 4x a week, solidify my spot in the 140s (shooting for 145), containing my eating on the weekends, drink lots of water!
    Finncmh (Cait)- Continue with crossfit schedule of 3 days a week (MWF) get back in to a better running schedule (TR, Sat or Sun), compete in Father's Day 5k (hoping for a solid PR!) work on letting myself just get outside and relax a little bit on my day off, complete my Whole 30 challenge (check out my blog to see what it is), continue to blog everyday about my experience with the Whole30 challenge.
    shannonaufman: hit 168 pounds. Drink 32oz of H2O before any other beverage. Stick with 30DS and OHR. One cheat meal a week, log everything else.
    jyopchick: stay on Turbo Fire schedule as much as possible (even through a 10-day beach vacation), make FUN not FOOD the FOCUS of the summer!! :)
    smapl001-work out 3x a week and lose 8lbs :)
    lostalykat- No weighing in until a month from my last WI day, June 26th. Focus on fueling for my workouts and staying in a good calorie range. Relax and stretch more, worry less. Check in on how I am feeling emotionally and mentally once a week.
    Allie7383- stay in the 140's.. WI once a week.. continue with the 30 Day Shred, focus on changing my eating, continue feeling better about myself, no matter the number on the scale!!
    Mariababe81 (Mariam): I want to keep up with c25k and get to week 8 by the end of june, to continue zumba once a week and shred on days i cant run, get back to my clean eating!!! I am going to try to not weigh in every day and stick to once a month or fortnightly as i dont want the scale to rule my life! get the hang of maintainance!
    kafoteh (Kristin): *Lose 2-5 lbs *Workout at least 4x a week and at least 45 mins each session *Go to the golf driving range at least 3 times this month
    guamgrly (Bethany) - no scale!! Focus on the lifestyle, the routine, and meal planning. Work out 3x per week. Drink 8 glasses of water per day. Eat more fruits and veggies
    shelsab (alexis)- lose 5 lbs. Strength 3 x week. More veggies. Read more. Find some new healthy meals to make.
    tjradd73(Tara)- lose -6.0llbs, follow my new workout plan every day, try 2 new recipes, <1400 cal avg/week, and <4 days over cals total.
    meagalayne- get settled into a fitness schedule that works with my new job and stay accountable, continue logging only 5 days/week, make 2 spin classes, make fitness social at least once a week (cycling, running, walking, something - not including baseball games on Wed night), drink more water (!!!) and aim to get at least 6 hours of sleep at least 5 nights a week.
    imarunner8908- hit 155 by July 1st, start running again , drink at least 80 ounces of water a day, and give up eating fast food more than once a week, no TV
    Leela30: I'd love to lose at least 2-3 real pounds, but realistically my goal and what will happen is more maintenance.
    cmg2008: I would love to get down into the mid 140s, continue trekking on with C25K and I want to not eat any fast foods for the month of june =)
    Eleanoreb- Continue with maintenance and focus on eating healthier. I've been more caught up in maintaining, than in eating healthy. I need to cut back on all the treats ive been allowing myself lately
    Ley2ndtry: Complete weeks 1-4 on C25K
    Complete the 30 day shred and continue with Zumba - Fit into a size 14 finally and keep up healthy eating!!
    hanna1210 (Meghan)- Consistently work out with C25K, get in the 210s, work out at least 5 days a week.
    ComfortFoodAddict: 64 oz water/day, jog/run 35 miles, walk dogs at least 10x, No sodas, fit in size 12 pants with comfort, sleep at least 6 hrs 5x/wk (meagalayne....hope you don't mind I borrowed that one from ya :D), and create and follow a workout plan with at least 90% success! Plus overall eating healthier :D
    Stuartme123 (Meredith): 1) Cook three health conscious meals a week 2) More veggies! 3) Pressometric movements 5x/wk 4) Yoga 2x/wk 5) 30 min of cardio 3x/wk
    i_love_vinegar-to get down to 100 pounds. I'd love to beat it too!

• tjradd73
    Options
    Kandace-great things to be proud of...if I do say so myself!

What I am most proud of: I am proud that I graduated high school early and with a 4.0, even though I got prego at 16, I am proud that I have a great career and make a decent living for myself, I am proud that I have raised my son so well (even with being so young, moving cross country, and getting divorced), I am proud that I have lost almost 100lbs and have done it the right way! And I am proud of all of the things that I have checked off on my "bucket list" so far!!

comfort-sorry to hear about your grandma...hopefully she keeps improving slowly but surely with this whole thing.

AFM-got in a great workout again today (39min Turbo sculpt), and I have decided to open up my food diary for the remainder of the month, to see if anyone has any positive feedback for me with the "diet" portion of this journey! other than that...workin the next 3 days and dreading my makeup workout tomorrow from being sick!
  • KanCrav
    KanCrav Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    ~Tara.. i dont really have to say it cuz you already know.. but I think you are a freakin SUperStar!~! Nice Proud list, Love it!~!

AFM... I dont even want to think about what happend after dinner last night. My hubby wanted to make me a cake so he can sing me happy birthday but I asked him not too. I told him to make me a fruit salad or something if he really NEEDED to sing to me. lol. Well he waited until about 10 at night and brought me icecream and a snackpack that he put ito a bowl and make look like a cupcake. Well, i couldnt just NOT eat it. He even tried to estimate how many calories were in it (even though it was horibley wrong) but i couldnt just not eat it, so i did. I am definatly making it a point to not eat back all of my exercise calories for some of this week. This was suposed to be crunch time but instead I filled it with cake and icecream for three days!~!

I dont know how I am going to not eat sweet things, but I have to try my damnest. 10 more days and I am suposed to be down 5 pounds, thats NOT going to happen! But I need to just work as hard as I can to get the best results I can, only like 15 days til cruise time and i want to look GOOD!.
  • tjradd73
    Options
    Kan-thanks girly!! I feel your pain on that 5lbs in 10days...I have 5.4lbs to lose in 10 days...June has been a really "slow" month for me too...I don't know when my body will be ready to drop weight again?! and HAPPY BIRTHDAY btw!!
  • anitanz
    anitanz Posts: 72
    Options
    Hi Ladies,
    Well honestly I haven't been checking in lately. BF and I had a lovely weekend away, ivolved much over indulging in food and wine on my part. Today is Monday and I haven't done a good job of getting back into eating healthy, which I am feeling quite bad about. I don't like to make excuses, but I have just felt quite hormonal and have just wanted to eat chocolate all the time! And I have taken so many ibuprofens for cramps that now I am just feeling bloated and huge! Right now I have a big pot of soup on the stove so that will be healthy lunches (and MB some dinners) sorted for the rest of the week. So sorry about that rant ladies, I just wanted to get that off my chest...
    Tara- Awesome new pic!
    KanCrav- I think it's OK to eat a treat on your birthday. Esp if you have some exercise calories up your sleeve.
    Meag- Hope you are feeling better now. Poor you :(
    And I'm trying to think of something that I'm proud of, I guess that I am pretty good at the ol' negative self talk so it's hard to think of something... But I'm proud that I'm about to turn 30 and I am in better shape than when I turned 20, feeling fitter and more confident in myself.
    Ok Take care ladies and keep up the good work!!
    xx
  • tjradd73
    Options
    Anita-Thanks girlie!! Glad to hear that you had a fun weekend with the bf...I am sure that you will be back on track in no time at all!! I am concerned about my upcoming vaca in August though too...so I feelya!!
  • mkingraham
    mkingraham Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Hey Ladies!

I'm back :) I had a great visit with my sister- food was kind of crappy, so I know that when people come to visit or when I go visit people making good choices is something I need to work on.

Yesterday my Hubby and I went tubing with some friends. It was tons of fun, minus the couple of times we got flipped because of some rapids. But it was really fun and felt great to be outside for an extended period of time. I have my 5k on saturday so Today the goal is to go for a long run- I am hoping 3.5 miles which is long for me :) and then I will do my regular spin on Tuesday, easy 2 miles on Wednesday, bootcamp thursday, and I will take Friday off or just go for a nice long walk to stretch out my legs so I am ready for the race on Saturday! I am excited and I think I am going to do really well. I know I can run the whole time and this afternoon I will be able to prove it to myself!

Anyways I am feeling refocused and energized and I have yet to step on the scale so all is right in the world :) I also managed to get a lot of work done even though my sister was here and I am planning on powering through a lot more today so that the stress level can come down- which it seems that things are about to be at a much more normal pace :)

Ok so no longer stressed out Megan makes life good!! Thanks for all of your support and encouragement- what would I do without you ladies!

XOXO Megan
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    kandace: fab things to be proud of!

Tara: wow, hats off to you! you have done well!

Anita: thats something to be proud of! im 30 this year and will be in better shape then when i was 20 too!

mking: tubing sounds fun! and good luck for your 5k

AFM: right so im managing well with allowing myself to be more accountable with my calories! i may even go back up! i miss my maintainance cals! lol! im learning to make better choices! and be happy with my bigger allowance! I have been shredding all week, took one day off, tech 2 as one of them was zumba! I also managed to go for my run yesterday! yay! but i did it after i did level one! so now i have a new plan! im goign to stick with the shred and run after for 2days a week! hmm sounds good in theory but we'll see! and i may weigh myself on friday! lol! will see how it goes!
  • tjradd73
    Options
    Megan-I am glad to hear that you made it through your visit, and are back on track!! It's nice to see you in your normal mindset again and I know that you are gonna kill it for the rest of the month!! Good luck on your 5k...you'll do great!! p.s. great job not weighing yet too (only 10 days to go!).

Mariam-Thanks girlie! It is awesome that you are keeping up with all of your workouts...not many people are motivated enough for that!! WTG!

AFM-Today and tomorrow my cals will be a little lower (right around 1000) to keep my average for the week where I want it. I got in my makeup workout from Friday (my "sick" day) and I feel pretty good about not missing 1 single workout this month!! Today was JM level 1 shred! I can't wait to start this full progrma on June 29th!!! Only 10 days to go ladies!!
  • GuamGrly
    GuamGrly Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday Lovelies!! I know I’m a little late today but still thinking about ya and missing ya!!

Allie – I hope that you still have a kick *kitten* birthday. And I’m super glad that your friends will not let you sit around and feel sorry for yourself. If I was closer, I would pick you up and we would have a great day!! Sorry to hear about all of the troubles at work!! I really need to bring my laptop to work with me one day so that I can spend my lunch at Starbucks updating my resume and applying for jobs…not just because I graduated but because the b/s that goes on here just isn’t worth the headaches. Hope things will start working out for you soon girly!! *big hugs*

Ashley – great work girly!! Hope that you are doing it right and not exhausting yourself!!

Meredith – sounds like things are working out for you girly!! The root canal wasn’t as brutal as I expected it to be…thanks!!

Cmg – good news is that it was a jr. bacon cheeseburger and not a double!! There is plenty of time left in June to pick yourself back up and hang onto the wagon. And once your classes end then you can get back into your own groove!!

Kandace – I am loving the positive attitude from you!! It’s a great look for you! I hope you had a wonderful birthday also!! And you have plenty of things to be proud of yourself for…keep up the great work girly!! I know I’m proud of you!! And kudos to your hubby…looks like he tried to accommodate you as much as he knew how.

ComfortFood – hope you were able to work things out and get back on the wagon. Sorry to hear about your grandmother.

Tara – you have so much to be proud of!! Great job girly!! I also have a bucket list. Some things are small and some things are a bit bigger but I look forward to checking them off. I think the bf and I will check off all of my professional sports games this year. I checked off baseball long ago but we have done hockey and baseball so far and will be checking off football in pre-season. And I have to say that I am soooo excited to take a peak at your diary. I probably won’t have any advice for you but I am hoping to get some inspiration from your diary!!

Anita – we are always hear to listen!! Hope your day gets better and you are able to get back on track soon!!

Megan – glad to hear that your time with your sister was great!! And your tubing excursion sounds like so much fun!! And glad to hear that your stress levels have subsided.

Mariababe – sounds like you are doing great!! Keep it up girly!!

Meag – I am so sorry to hear that you ended up in the hospital!! I hope that you are taking it easy and easing back into everything!!

AFM…can’t say that I did amazing food-wise this weekend. Had a bonfire at the beach on Saturday which consisted of junk food, hamburger, and s’mores but I made it a point to sprint on the sand as much as I possibly could and I also played catch with my son. I wish I could workout at the beach more often. Did pretty good food-wise yesterday. Back to the WO routine tonight…just debating on TJ or YBB. We shall see!!

Things that I am proud of…being a single mom to 2 amazing kids and graduating college. My mom wanted me to give my daughter up for adoption because she felt that I wouldn’t be able to do things in life that I wanted…well I proved her wrong when I graduated this year and had 2 kids. I am proud that I don’t have to have a man around to get things done…I’m not afraid to get my hands dirty, if necessary. I am proud that my daughter has grown up so far to be a good child despite lacking a consistent male role model in her life. I am sure there are tons more but I will leave it at that for now!!
  • cmg2008
    cmg2008 Posts: 139
    Options
    Thanks everyone for all the support =) On a very brighter note I finally finsihed my 20 page paper for my summer class!!!!! soo i'm finally free to start focusing on my diet and exercise again. Honestly it feels like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders!!!! I'll do a more through update later, I was just sooo excited to get my paper done i had to let everyone know!!!

Keep up the great work ladies!
  • tjradd73
    Options
    Bethany-first of all...I also have pro sports on my list!! I have only seen baseball and I counted the MMA fights that I saw...hoping to get football in this year too!! I'm not sure how my diary will look to most?? but I do try to eat healthy and keep my cals, sodium and fats lower, and my protein and fiber higher...so hopefully everyone who comments, looks at those things! LOL Did you decide between TJ or YBB?? Still waitin to see whatcha think about YBB?! And, you should be very proud of YOUR "proud" list! Great accomplishments!!

cmg-CONGRATS on finishing your paper!! can't wait to see what you get accomplished in "full gear"?!
  • anitanz
    anitanz Posts: 72
    Options
    Hi Ladies,

Thanks so much for the support yesterday, I feel like I'm back on track again :smile:

CMG- Go you, congrats on finishing your paper!

Tara- You have done amazingly with your workouts this month, can't believe you haven't missed one! Good for you :-) Hope your 1000cal days are going OK too. You have more will power than me, that's for sure! Very inspiring.

Maria- Yay for the 1981 babies! I just read an article about how cool it is to turn 30 these days and I'm keeping positive about the whole thing. Great excuse for a big party and a new dress I say!

Megan- That is so great that you had a good time with your sis. I know how hard it can be to eat healthy when you are hanging out with other people, esp if they aren't healthy eaters. I don't know what the secret is to getting through that! Good luck for your 5k this weekend, sounds like you are going to do great!

AFM- Today we were going to go to the gym for a bit of a catch up work out BUT the traffic was bad and my BF has a sore neck so we ended up just going home. I feel really bad because I hurt his neck when I jumped on him while he was sitting on the couch!! I might need to loose some more weight then ha ha!

Take care ladies xx
  • tjradd73
    Options
    Anita-thanks :) Once I put up my workout plan for the month...i ALWAYS follow it, no matter what!! The Shred is starting on the 29th so we shall see how I do with that! LOL As far as the eating goes...1000 isn't too far off from the 1200 that I get on nonworkout days but I wouldn't be able to follow it for too long, just 2 days this week to keep my average where I want it for the week!! And you don't look big, so I would say instead of you losing more, he needs to build up his neck muscles!! HA! :D
  • MandaLee8908
    MandaLee8908 Posts: 1,353 Member
    Options
    Sorry I have been MIA lately...had a rough start to my week. Sunday during church, I received a text that my friend's mother passed away after a long battle with cancer. Then Sunday night my husband and I were called out with our fire department for a motorcycle chase gone bad...the cop hit a bad spot in the road, flipped his car several times into a field. He's ok but the whole thing was a bit crazy. And yesterday I received news that a friend of mine with a brain tumor is no longer undergoing treatment...she's going on hospice care. She is 45 years old and has a 5 year old daughter. The end is near.

Given all that, it's hard for me to complain about my lack of weight loss. I feel thinner, apparently I look thinner, but the scale isn't budging. Tomorrow is my official weigh-in...so we will see. I think the stress has had me sneaking smaller snacks that aren't as healthy as they should be...but I don't catch myself doing it. I have been trying to drink Slim Fast shakes for afternoon snacks...I like them, and they have decent nutrients, but I always find myself craving more. The cravings are worse since my friends and I made a pact to give up pizza and McD's for a month, but I'm trying to control them. Damn comfort food...
  • mkingraham
    mkingraham Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Good Morning!

I'm A Runner- I don't know your name :( But it sounds like you have some stressful days ahead of you. My BFFs dad died unexpectedly a month after she got married and it was quite an experience. Makes you realize how short life is, and who is really there for you. We had a friend who we thought would always be there for us like we had always been there for her, and she wasn't which hurt a lot too. I am sure that you will help your friends through it- and you feel thinner and look thinner which is what matters the most!

Tara- I must say that your determination is killer!! Your commitment to doing what you set out to do really helps me to get back on track when I feel like I've fallen off the wagon. I actually logged every last drop of food last night!! I want to make it a point to do that for a really long time, which means no eating out and guessing, and no taking the weekends off! Its gonna be tough but I think I can do it, just like you are pushing yourself to have two 1,000 cal days to hit your weekly average goal.

anita- haha I like Tara's comment that he needs to build up stronger neck muscles! And try and not let traffic stop you from getting your workout- I started falling down a slope with dieting by saying well I ate crappy for breakfast so I might as well eat crappy for every meal and snack today which is not benefical!

cmg- YEAH DONE WITH PAPER!! I am sure you will be back on track with where you want to be in no time. I totally understand how school work gets in the way

AFM- So I went for my run yesterday afternoon, and my calves were cramping up in the very beginning, but I figured they would work themselves out after about .5 miles. Sometimes I just need to get .5 miles in me to really feel the run. Well that didn't happen. They just kept getting tighter and hurting more and more. After 20 minutes I stopped and my left foot was asleep I think because my calf had cramped up so badly. I was able to run 1.75 miles in that 20 minutes which is just a little bit faster than my treadmill 5k time so I was happy with that, and then I walked it out for a total of 3.25 miles.

This morning I did spin followed by some stretching and this afternoon I think I am going to play tennis with a friend and then I will do some more stretching. I think the cramps were primarily driven by my lack of water lately. I just haven't been drinking nearly enough- so I am making that a priority (pauses to take a sip of water). all in all I am feeling ready for my 5k because other then the calves cramping the rest of me felt really good. I am excited and know that I will totally crush my previous PR of 47:03!! WooHOO!
  • ComfortFoodAddict
    ComfortFoodAddict Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Check in time :D So, from last week's weigh-in 176.3 to this week's 175.2, I lost 1.1 lbs. Sad only a little b/c I gained a lot so fast, but stoked I at least had a loss. I feel like I have excuses for the days I haven't exercised. I really and truly wanted to yesterday, but I was supposed to be having a treadmill delivered to my house... the girl never showed. So, now I am missing my classes tonight to wait on her again. I really want this treadmill, so what's a girl to do lol. ~Krista

Anitanz: I completely understand your not feeling like doing anything. I am working on week 4 of TOM... ughh. I have had more Midol than I could ever imagine. I feel your pain!

GuamGrly: Thanks. I feel bad that I don't call her as much because it breaks my heart talking to her in this state. I feel like such a bad person saying that. I am still trying to get on track with my health though. Hopefully I will get my treadmill tonight and be able to get on it for a bit. Then back to the exercise classes tomorrow. If I get off work in time, I will even try to stop by the gym before heading home.
  • GuamGrly
    Options
    Good Morning Lovelies!!

Cmg – congrats on finishing a 20-page paper. I don’t think I ever had one that long and if I did, it was a group paper so kudos to you for that!! I imagine that’s a huge weight lifted off of your shoulders!!

Tara – the bf ended up switching date night from tonight to last night so my schedule got a little turned around. Luckily we just went to the movies and there was no popcorn, candy, or soda involved so there weren’t any of the extra calories that accompany date night.

Mandy – sounds like you have a lot of emotional stuff going on in your life right now. Great job on not turning to your usual comfort food to get you through this rough patch. I know that I usually turn to food when things get good or get bad but I am trying to train myself to seek other ways of consoling. I have done pretty well in regards to fast food. We were at the mall on Sunday to see a movie and we ate lunch there. I think I chose the best thing I possibly could, given the circumstances. Great job girly!! And your 2 friends will be in my thoughts and prayers!

Megan – sorry to hear that your run was less than stellar!! But can’t wait to see how you much you kick *kitten* during your 5K!! I will try and remind you about your water intake…when I remember…haha!!

Krista – sounds like your feelings are valid. She is not the grandmother that you grew to know and love. She probably doesn’t even know who she is herself. I imagine its beyond frustrating so try to cherish the time that you are able to spend with her. And great job on the loss!! We all want to see gigantic leaps when we step on the scale but a loss is a loss so chalk it up as a win and learn from it!! You are doing great!!! Just take it one day at a time!!

AFM…the bf switched our date night from tonight to last night at the last minute so my schedule got kinda ruined. But I had a good dinner with my daughter last night and then the bf and I went to the movies and it didn’t involve popcorn, candy, or soda. So it was nice to have a date that didn’t include the unwanted calories. But that also means that I didn’t get my workout in last night. And now I’m tired since I didn’t get home til midnight (when I’m used to going to bed around 9 now) so we’ll see if I am able to work up the energy to WO tonight. I’m thinking YBB would be good though. When I was on this journey before I found MFP, I would tell myself that once I had it in my mind that I was working out that day, nothing could keep me from it unless something came up with the kids or family that couldn’t be avoided. But I would not allow myself to use the excuse that I’m tired. It worked back then so hopefully it will work now. And I know that I’m tired because I’m not working out. Hopefully I can find my energy tonight cause its only 10am here and I’m ready to head back to bed…haha!!

Hope you Lovelies have a great day!!
  • lostalykat
    lostalykat Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Hey Ladies, Things have been busy and I just haven't had the energy for this thread lately. I am still tracking and not stepping on the scale until the 1st. I am hoping to not see a gain but who knows :( Feeling super crampy right now and just tired. I might be MIA for the next few weeks and maybe most of July but I will try to come check things out when I have time. I miss you all and good luck ladies!!
  • GuamGrly
    Options
    Fellow non-scalers - how are you lovelies doing with it??