Replies

• msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    Happy Flag Day!
  • sissygok
    sissygok Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Ladies, well it is actually almost noon, but just getting around to posting.

Sounds like you are all a part of the ladies who lunch group...lots of nice get togethers with friends...

Today is not a gym day and I am pretty happy because I'm still pretty sore from yesterday..trying to up my weights on the resistance machines to build muscle...owie...my sides are sore when I move...but hoping for a new smaller waistline/

Lots of talk about chicken and turkey burgers...we had grilled salmon patties last night, made up like a burger with lettuce and tomato, pickle and lo cal thousand island dressing, they were yummy.

Have to run, sorry for the quickie...xoSissy
  • Gettinfit2
    Gettinfit2 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Hello ladies,

From reading the post seems as though we all find a way to manage eating out. I’ve decided that eating out will result in a maintenance day rather than a weight loss day.

:smile: Natalie, your goal of another 20 pounds by the end of the year sounds reasonable. Seems as though you are finding something that works for you. I’ve had the parmesan crusted tilapia; they are nice. Let us know how you like them.

:smile: Michele. I think my entire step collection is Cathe DVD’s. Collage Video will have some suggestions. In August of this year, Cathe is releasing her new set of low impact DVD’s. One of my current favorites is Low Impact Cardio. The “extreme Pump” class you took sounds intense.

:smile: Mimi, painting should also count for toning the arms and back. You had a great workout. DD asked to have her room painted and decorated before she begins middle school. She drew her ideas on paper and was planning to help; he vision is orange walls with big yellow circles. DH suggested that we surprise her and paint the room while she is at camp. Just for the record, I don’t think I’ve painted anything since I was in first grade.

:drinker: Michele and Mimi – I’ve successfully frozen parmesan cheese; however, as Mimi mentioned, it keeps well in the fridge. “Real” parmesan cheese is a staple in my house, because my daughter loves to boil pasta and add the cheese with butter.

:drinker: Cindy, just reading the words “caramel” and “cake” makes me gain weight. My DH loves to bake and one of my favorites is the caramel cake. Ok, I need to move on to another topic, because my taste buds are being aroused.

:smile: Kathy, I do find that Cathe workouts are on the higher end of the price range. I must admit that I’ve obtained most of mine through an exercise DVD swap. With the swap, I’ve been able to trade or purchased the Cathe DVD’s sometimes for half or less than half of the website price. Maybe MFP should consider having a swap.

:smile: Kackie, glad to see you back.

:smile: Sissy, the cruises sounds wonderful. I’m sure you will have a wonderful time.

:happy: I am on my second week of the Cathe rotation. My legs are getting a well deserved workout. My inner self is a runner at heart. Due to leg pain I have not been able to return to running. If ever I can return to running I plan to run the Disney ½ marathon – I really like the idea of running around the Magic Kingdom I always feel like a kid when I’m in the Magic Kingdom. :bigsmile: Years ago, ok – more than a decade ago, I planned and was in training to run the Chicago marathon, but had a knee injury and my running has been downhill since. I’ve regained my sense and decided that trying to run 26 miles was not a good idea anyway. :noway:

HAVE A GREAT DAY!!!
  • mimi7grands
    mimi7grands Posts: 616
    Options
    If you remember my last post yesterday…I said I was going to make a salad then paint. Well…I did make the salad. It was terrible. :angry: I need cooking lessons! (Or, at least to follow a recipe!)

It tasted so bad that I spent the rest of the evening trying to get the taste out of my mouth. :noway: Nothing worked. I tried chocolate, then more chocolate, peanut butter, jam, fudgsicles. Yeah. You get the picture. :grumble: :grumble:

I was so embarrassed, I didn’t log what I ate. (That’s the down side of having an open diary. A little splurge I would have logged. But this was ridiculous.) I was too busy eating to get any painting in.

This morning….I got out of the house before 8 am for my walk. :happy: Even then it was close to 80 degrees by the time I got done. Tomorrow I’ll aim for 7 am. The walk was great and I’ve been sitting at Starbucks for the last hour, sipping iced coffee and catching up with MFP. Today is way better than yesterday! :happy: :happy: :happy:

Amanda, you had fun! :flowerforyou: Good for you. The blonde streaks in your hair look sexy. Gotta like your DH’s compliment though. (I think it was a compliment. :wink: )

Barbie, I’m delighted that you had a splurge day. It really wasn’t very naughty. Just naughty enough!

BTW, has anyone ever read any children’s books by Mo Willem? I read “There’s a Bird on My Head” to my granddaughters twice yesterday morning. It’s hilarious. I talked to my mom on the phone later in the day and read it to her! :laugh: The images will stay in my head for a long time.

Altogether, I read seven books to my DGDs yesterday! So much fun. I asked them if my reading was too fast or too slow (too slow although I think not), whether they could understand me clearly (uh huh) and whether there was enough expression in my voice (OH YEAH! :laugh: ) Reading is at least as much fun for me as for them.

Back on track today. Thanks everyone for the inpiration!

:heart:
  • cherubcrnp
    cherubcrnp Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Good Evening everyone…
    It was a busy day around here. A couple of weeks ago, we all had a cookout ( we live in a duplex –I bought this house with our neighbors 23 years ago then met my husband…we all get along great). I brought some turkey burgers which about melted into the grill. So my neighbor decided he was a mission to find a make a good turkey or chicken burger. Yesterday afternoon we made a recipe that he found and did dinner last night. The chicken burger was delicious. You do cook it in a pan.

I love turkey burgers on the grill but you do need to use a grill basket for them! Have a wonderful day, everyone! Need to get to work.

That is for sure....and salmon burgers are fabulous too!

Pam
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    happy Flag day!!
    A beautiful sunny day in the low 70`s.Hope everyone has a great day!!
    HUGS!
    jane
  • TeresaSavage
    TeresaSavage Posts: 1,506 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies!!!

Natalie... Your Awesome you & your sweetheart pooch go to the nursing homes. Your a very special person [ HUGS to you]

I'm planning on buying turkey burger's. I've never eaten them before. Any good idea's on what to add in them to make it taste good? I'm a lousy cook :blushing:

Mimi........ I thought you had this down packed MFP :wink: . I thought i had too. But I still seem to have these binges here and there :angry: Today Is cheese, But I Love your binge better chocolate & peanut butter, I just don't have it in the house Thank goodness. I don't log my binges either :blushing:

Im also trying to get my walks in before the heat. It looks like getting out at 8am is not early enough. I should get my butt out by 7 AM but my body just can't make it out the door that early.

I'm usually the painter in my household :laugh: But I get to lazy to put on a second coat, so I lay it on thick & than in a year you can peel it off with your finger's. :laugh: :bigsmile: BUT!! Hubby leaves it up to me & stands there telling me I should put on thinner coats.

Hope you all have a wonderful evening

And Happy Birthday to all the wonderful JUNE Women :heart:
  • mamacindy81
    mamacindy81 Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Just finished a whole hour on the elliptical! 305 extra calories. I don't really like to be on that machine that long but I pushed through today. I've been having a down in the dumps day so I thought it would help to get the endorphins going but so far I'm just tired. I got some new Bath & Body Works gels & creams today so I will use them after my shower. Hopefully smelling pretty will help too!

I need a new joke for a laugh. Anybody got one? My sister sent me some AARP "Swimsuit Edition" pictures. They are hilarious, especially the one where the old man says to the old woman "I said, I think you have your suit on backwards"! Just thinking of them makes me chuckle!

Teresa: Don't you just love it when your husband watches you do something and tells you how to do it? My all time favorite was right after the birth of our first child. She & I were both trying to get the hang of nursing and he standing across the room giving me advice on how he thinks it should be done. :noway: I still remind him of that to this day!

Well, off to the shower and then to get my Bible Study ready for tonight.

I will come back later to see if any of you have posted any funnies for me.

Cindy
  • msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    Drove 30 miles to a dr. appt. today, then hit Walmart. I wanted to eat all of the way home in the car, so instead of buying chips, I bought carrots and lowfat ranch. I did eat two servings of each on the way home, but it was a binge that I don't have to feel guilty about! Sometimes the "want to be fit woman" in me can win out over the "M & M's sound tasty woman". Here's to smart choices!
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    Good for you Mary and the good choice.
    jane:drinker:
  • mynyddisamrs
    mynyddisamrs Posts: 387
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Hi All...........

Yet another late and quick nip in here!!! Becoming a habit I think!!

Anyway..
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Belated Birthday greetings Amanda ...........hope you had a great day. Just love the blond hair!!

I'd love to get back to long hair but don't have the patience to grow it again. I'm plucking up courage now to go ....reeeeally short at next weeks appt. It's blond though......can't remember the real colour....greyish!!

:ohwell: Food today was ....odd!! DH had put braised beef in the oven when we went shopping. We came back to find it had dried out as he hadn't put enough stock etc. Then we were just going to eat early when #1 GS phoned to say he'd hurt his knee on the way home.from school..horsing around etc. Could we pick him up? But....as he's new to walking home from this new school he didn't know exactly which road he was on!! (It's not far from us but the roads are like a maze!! Anyway once we'd found him ,got him home and returned....the beef was like cardboard. DH ate and went to work and mine went in the bin!!

After doing a bit of gardening I tucked in to a small tin of mushroom soup with a slice of bread.A cornetto for pudding too. I did however resist opening DH's birthday chocs. :noway: That would have been mean wouldn't it?!!

My evening was also spent on Genes Reunited. I have fits and starts looking up the ancestors. Haven't found any rich aunts yet!! DH has found he had a very distant relative back in 1640 'ish Sir somebody who was high sheriff of Kent!! I always knew he had class!!!:laugh:

Anyway ...off to bed now

:heart: Take care
    Jackie
  • TeresaSavage
    TeresaSavage Posts: 1,506 Member
    Options
    Mary & Jackie.... Your awesome with your food resistance. Whoo Hoo!! Keep up the Great Work. :drinker:

Jackie, if my hubby had chocolate sitting around, I sure would of had it eaten :blushing:

Mary.... Yuck on the carrot's & ranch dressing that's as bad as broccoli. :laugh:
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    hello ladies. Just when I think everything is great ...

I am stressing about work. My temp agency contract is up in 4 weeks. My group/manager desparately wants me to stay but they can't extend the contract because of potential layoffs in the skill code and direct employees need my spot,

So they said they told HR the wouldn't extend and now they are trying to figure out a way to hire me direct but.......

that could take a long time soooo....

I have an interview tomorrow for a different direct position so please cross fingers and toes!
    I really don't want to be unemployed again. I am not sure I could handle it.
  • collycan
    collycan Posts: 26
    Options
    Don't know why "trainings" days at work make me soooo hungry! The conference included breakfast and lunch...then all I did was sit all day and listen to the presentations.....but raced in the house like I hadn't eaten all day! Is it just me or does anyone else have the same experience?
  • vickim26
    vickim26 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies,
    We arrived here on Sat late night. plane delayed. We are having a great time. went o wrigley field for tour on sunday and game last night. awesome. My son was so excited. It was so COLD here we had to buy long sleeves and sweatshirts to wear. much nicer today. should stay nice rest of weeek. having a ball. condo does not have internet in room only at activity center so not able to post mnuch. getting lots of exercise and eating really well. I think I may have a lose this week. I will try to catch up later but probaly not. need a smart phone when I get home. take care. if anything important goes on please message me and I will check ti.
    vicki M
  • SallyCC
    SallyCC Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone,
    Tuesday was a good day. I went to my Weight Loss Challenge meeting tonight was the scale showed a loss of .6 lb. I am happy with that…my losses are very slow and last week I lost 3.5 lbs. I only got to the gym once this week after having that eye surgery. Tomorrow I am going back to my regular routine. I made a Cooking Light Shrimp and Corn Chowder for dinner that was a big hit. I need to keep my focus on my goals. Reading everyone’s posts has really helped me this week. Thank you.

Barbie… . I’m glad you enjoyed your lunch with your husband.

Amanda….a new hair color..what fun! If that is your picture in the profile shot, its great!

Lorrie….Painting a room for your daughter! What a great surprise for her. I have an old house and when I paint, I usually get more on myself than on the walls! It does make you feel great when the project is completed.

Mimi…. Great that you got up and got out walking today!

Cindy….1 hour on the elliptical—give yourself a medal! I need my music to get through 45 minutes—I am working up to an hour though. Good for you!

Collycan…. I can relate to being hungry at professional development days at work too. I think the schedule change is one thing. Also if you have anything at the conference, many times its empty calories which make kick in other cravings. I love when conferences have healthy options.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,995 Member
    Options
    :sad: :laugh: I'm beginning again to go through boxes of precious and important papers that have been stored in various garages for years.........after all the efforts to save and organize papers, it is like throwing away a work of art when I discard things like old income tax papers and the files of papers from all the houses we've lived in and cards and letters from friends.........at our Mexican restaurant lunch yesterday I spent a long time explaining to my hubby why it was so hard for me to throw all this stuff away and somehow, just having him listen made it easier for me to start clearing things out........a lot of it is like having my life flash before my eyes .........like when I got to the receipt for the green carpet I put in my house in 1984 (when I was single) I spent time remembering how I painted the living room, dining room, and hall light green with a dark green trim ---three coats of paint, high gloss enamel on the trim---and about the the friends who came over night after night and helped me and how we fixed dinner together and how the two friends couldn't stand each other but they came at the same time to help me. :bigsmile: Once I have a big pile of paper, hubby is in charge of shredding them.......so far there is a huge garbage bag full of shredded paper (the recycle man will pick it up on the next pickup day)

:flowerforyou: My insatiable dogs took me on a 75 minute walk in the neighborhood this morning, another walk after lunch and 65 minutes at the dog park in the late afternoon.......they keep me in shape and make me laugh.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:bigsmile: Amanda, happy birthday and congrats on trying a new hair color.:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,397 Member
    Options
    Well, today I did an hour of a downloadable workout for the spinning, then stopped at a few stores. Got a tablecloth for our banquet table but I will need to make it narrower, then went to play mahjongg (I majjed once!!!) because I stunk so badly yesterday at bowling that I decided to give myself a day off before the league bowling tomorrow. But first yoga and then deep water, then bowling in the afternoon. Bought some new webbed gloves for when I take the water classes as mine are getting pretty worn out. Actually, tomorrow will probably be the last time I use them. After the class, I'll ask the woman who is head of aquatics if she wants to keep them in case someone needs a pair, or else I'll just throw them out.

The weather today has been real nice, not humid at all.

Natalie - good for you on the steak! If ya gotta, ya gotta. Better it be in the garbage than on your hips, that's for sure. Tonight I had to finish up 4 of the strawberries that Vince didn't get to. I had them for the Newcomer's meeting almost a week ago, since they were washed they were starting to get soft. I'd bought a few organic ones but froze those. I always look at the grilled chickens at Sams'. But someone said that they were very salty. Wish they would let you sample some just so I can see how salty they are. Good for you bringing your own chicken and broccoli!

genelace - I just ask them to give me the chcicken at Denny's without the rice, that's all (I don't even remember if it comes with rice or not, but if it does, that's what I do). I also usually get a fruit salad for dessert. Maybe you can ask if it not have the seasonings on it? I couldn't even begin to tell you if it comes already with the seasonings on it, or if they add them there. If they add them there, then it shouldn't be a problem at all not to put them on.

barbie - you deserve a meal that may be high in calories/sodium. I know you'll only do it once in a while, and as long as you enjoyed yourself, that's what matters. I don't even have to question it, I know you'll be back on track tomorrow.

Oh, Amanda, your hair looks lovely!

Just found out that I won't have to take the minutes at the June Newcomers board meeting, but I'm supposed to do it at the July meeting. Only thing is, I'm scheduled for jury duty that week. Truthfully, they probably won't call me.

Fitness magazine recommends the "90 Day System". It appears a lot like the P90X, only it's only $20 from amazon. I might very well get it, even if I only use the weight training DVD's. It'll probably be worth it. And who knows? Maybe I'll wind up using some of the cardio ones, too.

I made some low fat oatmeal raisin cookies. Vince doesn't like them, but I do, I just keep them in the freezer. As usual, I had to have some of the raw dough. I'm not exactly sure how much of the dough I had and how many cookies that would have translated into. But then again, I didn't log my exercise so those calories could go towards the cookie(s) if I went over.

mimi - I always enjoyed reading with experssion to my kids when they were younger. Now that they aren't so young anymore, I do the readings at the church and try to put expression into them. Sometimes that works, sometimes it doesn't.

Speaking of salmon burgers - do you make your own? If so, what's the recipe? The ones I've seen in the grocery store are good, but they also are high in sodium.

msh - way to go girl! Having a binge on carrots -- wonderful!

Got some good news yesterday. Jessica took her LAT's and she passed! I knew she would do it, but she was still nervous. She was never a good test taker. I'm not good under pressure, either. Like if I know that I'm working on a strike or a spare, I can be guaranteed of getting a gutter ball. But if I don't realze it, most times I get a pretty good pin count. She did well on the practice tests, but then again she was taking them at home. But the timed test..... But I know she knows her stuff. Guess it's a blessing in disguise that her cats are here. At least she knows they are well taken care of and that that's something she doesn't have to worry about.

Robin - fingers, toes, eyes, and anything else that can be crossed crossed for you.

colly - I found that the food that's served at those "training seminars" is usually a lot of empty carbs. Lots of white bagels, donuts, etc. That's always been my experience, anyway.

Vicki - have fun!

Hope everyone has a great evening.

Michele
  • chicletgirl21
    chicletgirl21 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I HATE THES ON AGAIN OFF AGAIN MOOD SWINGS I AM GOING THROUGH LATELY!:explode:

I am either mellowed out or majorly upset and could rip someones head off!

Yesterday mom had a physical therapy appt and the therapist told her that she would be evaluating her for Medicare. (Medicare requires this in order to approve more treatment.) I thought this was a little weird as we still had a couple of weeks before it was due...but we said okay, thinking she knew what she was doing. I KNOW mom has not progressed. She doesn't do anything at home and expects some miracle to happen to her in the two therapy sessions (for an hour) per week. Not going to happen. So she gets run through these tests and of course fails The therapist says she has not progressed at all since her last eval. She cannot justify her still getting outpatient therapy and recommends her to go back to in home care (which is a step backwards). PLUS we cannot guarantee that Medicare will approve in home care again. :angry: I was so angry at my mom because all this treatment was for nothing basically! The therapist said "You are not putting enough into this to achieve anything. You have to want it and you don't. (Basically everything I have been telling her all along.) And what does mom do?? Stares at the therapist with doe eyes and says "okay". I go even more furious!!! I simply cannot understand how she can stand to be the way she is. I would never want someone wiping my bottom for me. I would want to walk if all it took was building muscle again. It's not like she has a horrible disease or anythiing! LAZY, just plain lazy!

That evening she was watching Extreme Makeover Weight Loss, that had a man on there that weight 498 lbs. They put hiim on a rigorous regimen of working out and the guy was practically collapsing and yelling he cant do it. And the trainer was yelling back, "Yes you can, you have to do it!" They pushed him and pushed him to the limit. I walked in and said, "You see mom, its not easy. No pain no gain! And they are pushing him like I push you. I'm not being mean, I am trying to help you and so is the therapist and you are laughing at us (literally sometimes) mocking us. Everyone is tired of your crap!" I then showed her all the posts I got from all of you about the situation. And when I was through reading them (an some of them as you know were right to the point, like, put her in a home, etc.) And you know what she said? "I dont care what they think of me. They aren;t important to me." :grumble: Ahhhhhh!!!!! She simply doesn't get it! So I blew it! I told her no more BS, no more pity crying, I don't care if she says something hurts when she moves. She is just going to do it. PERIOD! I told her I am going to treat her just like they did that guy on tv. TOUGH LOVE BABY! She broke down crying and I literally told her to shut up! I was furious. I put her to bed and told her to quit crying and go to sleep!

Today we went to the podiatrist because they had her brace for one of her feet ready. He said this should stabilize her and help her walk better. When I told him what happened at physical therapy he got upset and said they should have waited for the brace. He seems to think this will help her alot. So I told him to write a note to the therapist and explain why and he did. So I called the therapist read the note to her and she reluctantly agreed to allow mom 2 more weeks of treatment. But she said, "Brace or no brace, if she doesn't do what she needs to do at home, the brace isn't going to work." I told her I knew that and I would explain it to her also. So I am telling mom what the therapist said and once again I get the doe eyes, like she is just spacing out on me. I asked her if she understood? And she says,"eah, but I don't want to talk to you anymore today." And she just clams up.

I am at my wits end.

Genealace- I do have a call into a repite care place, I am on a waiting list, but I will call tomorrow and bug them again. No family members and my friends don't want to change diapers. (Can't blame em) What kind of facility were you talking about that you can go away for a weeK? What I would do for a week!

Jane- I was wondering how your first night over with your granddaughter went? How old is she? I have a grandson who will be 1 this July. I have never taken care of a baby before. I am kind of hoping they won't ask me to until he is a toddler. I'm petrified of a baby!

Aunitebk- Butter buds are the best! I use them on all my veggies when steaming them. And I agree they are yummy on a baked potato!

Mimi-Don't you just love reading to little ones! I loved reading to my son and he couldn't wait to hear a story. I used voices, and acted out parts of the book and he ate it up. His favorite book when he was little was, "Are you my mother?" and a close second was "The gingerbread man." I would make the gingerbread man's voice squeeky and when it came time to say Run, run as fast as you can, you can't catch me I'm the gingerbread man" I would cackle a laugh right after and he loved it. Reading is the best! it opens up their eyes to new places new feelings, new experiences that they may not ever get to see or do. And the best part is it makes them use their immagination!:smile:

I am going to go to Barnes and Noble and look up that book, "There's a bird on my head.". Who knows maybe I'll try it out on may grandson when I develop the nerve to take care of him?:laugh:

Well thanks for letting me rant. I NEEDED IT!

I'm tired now after all of it. Going to go to bed now.:yawn:

Good night
    Chiclet:flowerforyou:
  • Jeanne3651
    Jeanne3651 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone!

Chicklet so sorry that things aren't going well for you and your mother. My prayers are with you. When my DGS was little his favorite book was Are You my Mother? I read it to him every night. (He lived with us). I tried to get to broaden his horizons but no every night he would be sitting on his bed with that book waiting for me.

My computer has been behaving badly so I couldn't log my food from yesterday until this morning. I stayed under my calorie limits and went swimming and got my exercise in.

I'm going to water aerobics this morning after I take one of our dogs and our cat to the vet. Spock (the dog) is having a glucose test to see how his insulin is controlling his diabetis. The cat has an ear infection. Fun and games. They are just like having kids.

Well I have to go to check the rest of the things on my computer (email etc) that I couldn't check yesterday.

Hope everyone has a good day.

God Bless!