Lindsay Brin's 60 Day Slim Down and workout videos

Replies

• tsquaredmama
    tsquaredmama Posts: 168 Member
    Hey budddddyy. Sorry (again) for being sporadic. I feel like this season we end up MIA alot. :wink: Dan had an abscess on his tonsils. Took 2 hospitals, 1 ER, a PCP, and finally a ENT to determine what was wrong with him. So he had the OP procedure on Tuesday and he's finally on the mend. I caught Talan's stomach bug and was down and out 100% all of Sunday. I'm still not completely over it, certain foods/smells still make me nauseous but I'm at work and running around like a crazy woman. Tonight we order the last of our Christmas presents for the kids (WWE tickets :drinker: ) and then it's just a matter of wrapping/cooking/baking...you know the normal!!

How are you? How's the weather? Have things settled down?
  • jennieodwyer
    jennieodwyer Posts: 1,036 Member
    Oh wow! I hope he is doing ok! That is crazy. I think the only thing worse than being sick is being sick and no one knowing what is wrong! So glad that they figured it out and he is doing better. Hope you are feeling better as well too!

I have been here and gone as well. Work has been nuts and today is my last day of the week so I am cramming things in before our flight to NJ tonight. We will be taking Josie into NYC this week so that will be fun/terrifying. haha

Lost a little bit of the Thanksgiving weight just in time for Christmas :laugh: But I finished S90 and am ready to start clean once for the new year! So lets go get fat and enjoy Christmas :laugh:

Have a very merry Christmas and I will talk to you again next week!
  • cleaneater80
    cleaneater80 Posts: 462 Member
    woops wrong post
  • jennieodwyer
    Had way too much fun over Christmas and things are tight as can be. haha You know how it goes. Cleaning things up today and tomorrow but I am sure I will be drinking and having fun over NYE before the real crack down starts the day after. Hope you had a great Christmas and everyone is 100% healthy again!
  • tsquaredmama
    Thanks for the well wishes. Luckily, so far everyone seems to be over it and healthy! We had a good, but food filled Christmas. Dan had me bake more peanut butter blossoms last night. :laugh: He's still on a mission to gain back his weight. It's not helping me lose any that's for sure. But, as you said, trying to keep things on track with knowing NYE will probably bring a few more snackies than the normal.

I did get a beautiful new pink Polar. :laugh: So excited about that gift. It's awesome knowing the calorie burns again. I'm logging it, because I'm excited but sticking with not eating it back. I set up my diary for my goals. Maybe I'll just log it as strength...is that feasible? So it won't effect my overall calories? We'll see... I'll need to play around with that, because I know logging it will skew my macros and stuff. So we'll see what the plan is.

I'm going to focus on getting cardio in (not excessive by any means, just getting it in 1st). I tend to hit the weights and then run over on time so cardio is not a priority over the last few months. It's been fine with maintenance but not so much with loss. So we'll see if that adjustment helps. And I'm going to switch to only 1 heavy leg day. If I could get my thighs slimmer, I'd be okay with the rest of the presentation. There will always be work that needs done!! And i'm not bikini ready by any means....I just know that slimmer thighs is going to be my focus so cardio + multiple leg work -a heavy leg day is my plan of action for 2014.
  • jennieodwyer
    Happy New Year!! I am back and getting on the horse again. Haven't hit the scale yet but I know it is bad since my clothes are TIGHT! And my thighs are starting to rub together again so I am back on track. Hoping now that all the parties are over, I will continue the trend of losing the bulk of my weight in the next 2 months and then getting down to my lowest by April and May.

I was toying with the idea of doing LP's plan again. I definitely worked but I wonder if I can just do the calories amounts and not worry so much about the strict macros since that is what is such a PITA for me. So I am going to just eat at a similar deficit for a few weeks and see if I am making enough progress or if I need to do the full program.

Ohhh fancy pink polar!!! I love it. We will be bikini ready in no time! I think I am going to do another round of CLX. I am still thinking JMBR but think I should reuse CLX (since I have only done it once) before throwing down some more cash.

Getting on the scale tomorrow. I am hoping for anything under 140 but I don't think I will be that lucky with the way I feel now. I hit 140 last Christmas but I think things are way tighter this time around but we shall see tomorrow morning. Wish me luck!
  • tsquaredmama
    First of all, good luck tomorrow! I'm hopping on then too. I'll be off it again for 3 weeks but it's going to be bad tomorrow. :blushing:

I won't go into my whole plan since I just wrote a blog post about it. It's there if you want to know it. :laugh: I thought about the LP stuff too. Wrote it all up, even tried one of the workouts. And thought, I can't do this! I went with the Mitch & Dan diet that they wrote up back in April of last year. It worked very well (of course consistency helps me regardless of approach:blushing: ) and it wasn't terrible to stick too. So that's my diet plan. But I did up the calories by a whopping 20. :tongue: 1700 seemed less scary then 1680. Weird, right? And I'm not going to worry about logging my calorie burn and how that effects my numbers. I know 1700 is my top calorie number and I know that aside from the heavy leg day, I need to keep my carbs down under about 120-130 after subtracting out fiber. So it shouldn't be too big of a deal since I love seeing that 'burn' # after not having it for so long. It's the same exact one I had but it must be updated a little because the sensor looks a tad different from my old one. I do love it.

My mom also got me a Ninja so I threw some ice in my protein shake this morning- viola' it was all fancy. :drinker: So today is off to a good start. We have Christmas at my Grandma's Saturday but I'm not too worried. I'm bringing a veggie tray. I'll eat my veggies and some of the meat skipping the potatoes, it's sort of buffet/appetizer style given there's no sit down dinner, and I've had my fill of Christmas cookies (and I only like PB Blossoms so regardless of the request by DH I'm not baking them this weekend :huh: ...can't have that crap around until I have a few days of 'on track' under my belt). We'll see. If I can get a few good weeks under me, heading into birthday central in February shouldn't be so bad! :wink:

No baby steps right now...it's time for putting on the bigger girl panties, facing the music, and getting down to work! :noway: :grumble:
  • jennieodwyer
    Yep exactly! Got on the scale. 140.8lb not awesome but slightly better than expected. I wanted to see 140 or under (since I was 140 last year when I got back from vacation and was able to get down to my all time lowest in the months after that) but at least it wasn't like 145 or something. But of course when I see that I am up 15lbs from my all time low it is disheartening. Maybe this year at Christmas I will keep it together better but for now it is all about getting back down under 130lb and keeping my eyes on the prize (my birthday). So I have 9 weeks to lose 12 pounds. Lets get this ;)

I am following deficit amount of LP at this point (35%) and now I am trying out a little JM (I know I know, I just love a new program). I will have to check out your blog. Love all your new healthy gifts! Its time to work!
  • pcdoctor01
    pcdoctor01 Posts: 389 Member
    Has anyone done any Lindsay Brin videos? How do they compare to other videos?
  • tsquaredmama
    pcdoctor01: I have done Lindsay's Boot camp. I like to use it as a supplemental DVD. If I am short on time type of thing, I will use this. Plus, I like her ab workouts (after 2 big babies, she's great on the post-Mom belly issues). They are more along the lines of Jillian Michaels 30 day shred, except that you put together your own time segments based on what you want to do that day.
  • tsquaredmama
    How's the JM BR going? I hit weights this morning but wasn't feeling well. Just getting to my first meal and it's 1pm. I'm not sure what the issue was but it seems to be dissipating so I'm not complaining. What I am complaining about was the fact it was 40 and raining when I went to the gym, 22 and a blizzard out when I left the gym, and tonight is supposed to bring sub-30 windchill. what the heck is up with that?

I am off to fight the school on Talan leaving school 20 minutes early ... I'll explain later. It's been a busy day!:laugh:
  • jennieodwyer
    @pcdoctor01: I have done several of Lindsay's workouts and I agree that is has a similar feel to 30 day shred in that you are mixing cardio and light resistance. I enjoyed the program and liked that she had thing specifically for post partum moms.
  • jennieodwyer
    Yeah it is really cold here (for Texas that it) so I can only imagine how how bad it is in your neck of the woods. I hope you are feeling better. :flowerforyou:

JM is going well. It is not super challenging at this point but I can up the effort by adding weights to some moves and plyo to others. I know it is going to get more challenging as the program progresses. I know some people might just jump to month 2 but I am enjoying getting back into it slowly :laugh: I basically just need to do all the advanced moves to get a good burn so far but that is just the first 2 weeks so we will see what the next weeks bring.

This weekend I was a rockstar with diet and I prepped 4 full meals worth on Sunday so I am feeling good that I will have hopefully get a decent chunk of weight off this week but you know how it goes. How was your weigh in? Better or worse than you expected?
  • tsquaredmama
    So yesterday school was closed and I called out - it was -15. Today it was -10 and there was a two hour delay. I'm at work but it's nuts here. There's a big storm hitting the area we are supposed to travel to this weekend for the WWE John Cena thing that we got the kids for Christmas. I pray it clears up soon and travel is safe. They are so looking forward to it. Tomorrow's my Dad's birthday (57!) but we are doing the party Sunday. I could use a quiet weekend but that's not happening for a while. Lol.

The weigh in was alright. I'm back to 154 (which I've been battling since Halloween). I can handle that, but it's definitely not good news. And nothing fits like it was. But, I knew that. So time to move forward. I didn't get to workout yesterday because of the weather. I'm hoping to go tonight if the kids are feeling up to battling it. If not maybe they'll do Insanity with me?!

Progressive programs aren't bad at all. I like your attitude! Ease back into it and keep that burn up, you'll be back where you want to be in no time!! Nice job on the weekend prep too! My weekend prep has been derailed for the last few weeks. Time to ramp that up too!
  • jennieodwyer
    I hope you are staying warm and not having any pipe issues! I also hope things work out for you with the weekend. This weather is crazy! Happy Birthday to your dad! Hope it is a good one regardless of the weather. Thankfully, other than one birthday dinner later this month, we are free and clear with events for the rest of this month. Although this weekend I have to take down all 5 of my Christmas trees (only 2 full sized ones) which I am not looking forward to. It is at least a solid day of work and I expect it will take most of the weekend to get everything packed up with Josie at home.

Took measurements this morning and as expected it sucked. But it needed a base line to work from. I need to take pictures as well though. Maybe I will get to that tonight after Josie has swimming lessons. We shall see. First week of JM is done. Another week of the same and then we go to new videos! I am curious to see how much we step it up in the next videos. I am sure it will be brutal in the end but since I am lugging around 10lb extra we will stick with following the ramp up program :laugh:
  • tsquaredmama
    The boys start swim lessons Saturday too! Fun! :smile: I thought it was last weekend, but after getting everyone dressed and to the pool- I found out I was a week early! :grumble:

Good workout today. Upper body usually means less burn so I needed to find a way to increase calorie expenditure. I don't have more than an hour in the morning and I loathe straight cardio. So in between each set I did a variety of cardio options: Step ups, kettle bell swings, pop squats, goblet squats, etc. It made for a good burn and kept me off a treadmill. :bigsmile:

5 trees?!?! :huh: :huh: :huh: Good luck with all that! You've got your hands full. :laugh:

The weather indicates we are heading back up into the 40s for a couple days before heading back down to 20s. I'm okay with that so long as it stays where reported for the weekend. It should be a good time. Talan went for his 4th birthday but this is Tarren's first time *and mine too*. We are also stopping in to see Dan's BFF :wink: and his wife who had a baby in October. I asked Tarren if he was going to hold the baby. His response was 'well if he crawls to me' when I tried explaining tiny babies don't crawl/walk - he thought I was crazy. :laugh: These boys keep me sane with their amusing thought processes. :tongue:
  • jennieodwyer
    Nice workout girl you are killing it. I put in my 30 minutes with JM and I am done :laugh: Speaking of, I was so proud I was able to get my work out in yesterday night but it proved that I am not one to workout after work. I need to get up and get it done before my mind has a chance to think about it.:laugh:

Ummm yeah. The trees. It is only getting worse next year.:tongue: We had 2 full trees (7.5ft) and 3 table top trees this year. We are changing out the one 7.5ft tree for a 9ft tree next year (we already bought it since I am all over the post holiday sale). Speaking of after Christmas sales, I picked up my third full size tree last week. It is only 6ft and it is skinny but next year I will be rocking 3 full sized trees (and my 3 baby trees). Yes I know I am insane.

Well weigh in was good with 3.4lbs. Just 8lb more to go. Well 8 to be comfortable but more like 10-12 to be happy :laugh: I have my work cut out for me right? :wink: Have a great weekend!
  • pcdoctor01
    pcdoctor01 Posts: 389 Member
    Tsquared and Jennie, thank you both for responding!
  • tsquaredmama
    What happen to my post from yesterday!? :huh: Well...I guess I have a longer recap than I thought! :tongue:

Heavy legs today, yesterday was shoulders, bi/ti and yoga at night. Not sure if I'll keep going to yoga but I told a GF that I would try the class with her since her Mom teaches. It was a good class, it's just at 630pm to 730pm so the kids and I don't get home for a real dinner until 745pm. We'll see. She wants to take a spin class Thursday. Thursdays my 2nd leg day...I'm not sure how well that would go?! We'll see.

Finally got batteries for my scale (I've been using Dan's ((our old one)) since I was too forgetful to pick up AAA) so I hopped on just to check weight on that and BF %. The % is fine, where it was before the holidays, my weights just still up about 3lbs. So keep pressing forward. Had a great eating day yesterday but Saturday's WWE trip had me eating popcorn and candy for dinner. :glasses: We planned on stopping to pick up something quick but we stayed at Dan's friends so long that by the time we got done visiting it was time to go straight to the WWE event. We were all starving and ate too much popcorn and pop. And Sunday, I just ate whatever for the birthday gathering. My weekends are not tightening up like they should. A cheat meal over the weekend would be fine. I'm still on that complete derail after one bad meal path. :blushing:
  • jennieodwyer
    You are a beast with the workouts girl! I am a slacker with just my 30 minute Jillian Michaels workouts :laugh: Speaking of I finished the first 2 weeks of JMBR so I am getting 2 new workouts :drinker:. I know sad that I get so excited about new workouts. I did get crazy this morning and threw a resistance band on my pelvic thrusts (one leg up). I am hoping a feel that tomorrow. It is so hard to tell if I am getting a good burn there since my range of motion is quite limited.

Glad you were able to go to the WWE event. Did the kids love it? This weekend was good for me. I burned just over 3000 calories putting up all my Christmas decorations according to my BMF. Still didn't beat my record of 3620 that I burned the day before Josie's party (over 10 and half hours of moderate activity). So apparently party decorations are more of a workout than Christmas decor!:laugh: I am just glad it is all done and put away. I am proud of myself as well for eating reasonably on our date night that night. We haven't been to a movie theater in over a year (I know this since we had a gift certificate that we got Christmas 2012 that we never had a chance to use) so we decided to make a date of it and go out for dinner and a movie while Josie was with my mom. I chose a grilled salmon salad, took half of it home and packed healthier candy and popcorn for the movie. So that was huge victory for me. Looks like I should see more of a loss on the scale this week. Hoping for at least 2 more pounds since I know the next few weeks I will be lucky to get anything over a pound (you know how it goes harder as the time goes on).

I am really trying to get out of this all or nothing mentality. I am either rock solid with the diet or I am binging. I can't seem to treat myself in moderation. I feel like I have to go wheels off in order to enjoy myself. That is my resolution this year. Learn to indulge in moderation. :laugh: