Lindsay Brin's 60 Day Slim Down and workout videos

Replies

• tsquaredmama
    tsquaredmama Posts: 168 Member
    So you're still loving the BFM? That's crazy on the burn....

It sounds like the JM workouts are going well. 30 minutes of JM or the gym doesn't matter- we are doing it. And you are doing the weekend thing (:drinker: :drinker: ). I am not. :grumble: i will this weekend!!! :blushing: But you nailed it. I can't fall into 'treating myself' and it's totally mental. It's not hungry from low calories, or anything like that. Tighten it up, tighten it up.

I need to do measurements though because my weight and BF% aren't that far off from where I've been. BUT I feel huge and feel like my clothes do not fit the same. I know those scales aren't that reliable so I want to see where my measurements are. I've been having some minor medical issues (UTI type stuff) so I've been on a script (which the antibodic leads to needing a follow up medication :blushing: ). I don't know if that's helping add to my bloated feeling. I've been upping my water intake (thanks to a cute clearance mason jar I got at Walmart for $1.24!!) it honestly feels like the opposite response you'd expect. I swear I feel 110% more bloated, 100% less flushed. :laugh: We'll see. Maybe I should check my sodium intake.

Anywhoo. Rest day for me today. Low carb. Heading into leg day tomorrow. GF wants me to do the spinning class tomorrow night. We'll see. Yoga may not be my thing but stretching and getting that foam roller out needs to happen more often!!
  • jennieodwyer
    jennieodwyer Posts: 1,036 Member
    Looks like you killed it in the gym today!! Yeah JM is working for me. Workouts 3 and 4 are definitely a step up from 1 and 2. I am curious to see how bad it is going to get by the time workouts 11 and 12 roll around! :laugh:

I know what you mean about flabby. I am sure it is bloating. Chug chug chug!! I was excited to see the scale going down this week and I was hoping for another big loss. Until I got the scale this morning and it was WAY up(like 5 pounds up since yesterday). I think it is from my TOM coming unexpectedly so unless I only have one day of retention from it I will not get a nice weigh in tomorrow. HISSSSS

This weekend we will also be going out to dinner for a birthday celebration so I will have a chance to once again exercise my willpower and a reasonable portion of something healthier. Maybe get a skinny drink. Baby steps right?
  • tsquaredmama
    Congrats on the loss. Looks like whatever you were seeing a one day retention. Yeah for that news!!

Baby steps all the way right?! :tongue: I like the jumping off the big girl bridge but I never make it to the other side!!!

Yeh, spinning is not going to be a long term thing. I may go again next week to give it a fair shot but it's all quad dominate work. And I know you will get this (because the girls i were talking to about it today totally don't!)....if I'm going to spend an hour doing cardio (which I loathe) it needs to be effective in losing the fat on my hamstrings. My quads are all happy from the front view, it's when I turn around things go BUMP in the night. :noway: So we'll see where that goes....

Back to chugging. It's been a long day and I'm whooped already!! Dan has a long away trip tonight so it's me and the kids. We'll either end up at the YMCA or do movie night. Swim lessons Saturday and then clean, clean, clean. My house needs a 'spring' cleaning. I have the kids closets cleared out of clothes that no longer fit, but they are just sitting next to the boxes that they need to go in to go up to the attic. I just close the spare bedroom door and pretend all is right. :wink:
  • jennieodwyer
    I am here and I am alive :smile: Yeah I saw a single pound loss but I was expecting more like 3 from what I had been seeing all week so I do think I was still retaining. I was at like 136 I think and I was expect to be lower than 135 but whatever I am putting in the work so I know it is just a matter of time. I am still having some retention since I am having hormone issues and I go to the dr about it on Thursday. Basically my hormones and cycles have been all messed up since I went off birth control back in August so this is another follow up.

The reason I can't work out for 2 days is because I went to the dr for a recurring skin rash I have been having around my mouth (fun I know). It is a reaction to something my skin is coming into contact with. Could be anything from a face cream ingredient to a lip balm/lipstick ingredient to something in my toothpaste. So I need to be tested for contact allergies and they basically put a grid on my back with 36 different common contact allergens (nickel, lanolin, etc) and then they covered it with a huge piece of basically medical grade contact paper to keep it on my skin. This thing needs to stay glued to my back until Wednesday afternoon when they will remove it at the doctors office. I can't get it wet and I can't work out (no major sweating) until it is removed. So no workout today. I was hoping to get one in Wednesday night after work but Josie has swimming which doesn't get out until late and I can't take any allergy meds until Friday afternoon (which is when they do the final reading) so I have been having bad allergy related headaches so I don't know if that Wednesday workout will happen but we shall see. I do want to see bigger numbers on the scale and I know my workouts help that (even though they are only half an hour).

I cooked a lot of food this weekend so dinners are all done but they were all Italian and had lots of sodium in them so that is also not helping the retention issue either. :laugh: Friday just can't come soon enough :wink:
  • tsquaredmama
    Two things: Sorry to hear you are dealing with all this allergy testing/issues stuff! I do hope that they figure out what it is so you can rectify it soon! Secondly, you have got to stop saying 'only 30 minute workouts'. YOUR 30 minutes is definitely a Kick BOOTY full speed ahead lights out 30 minutes. So regardless of length, I am 100% positive you give everything you have to that 30 minutes. :drinker: And it (in combination with a healthy diet :tongue: ) is getting you on the track you want to be on so whoop whoop to that! :flowerforyou:

Our weekend was good (3 days - MLK holiday). Swim lessons for the boys & gym session for Mom&Dad on Saturday. Then I took of cleaning. Cleaned out closets, loaded up all the boxes to donate of Tarren's clothes, took Talan's up to the attic until Tarren's ready for it, tore apart my bedroom, unleashed on the kids toy closet. Lol. I went to town for 4 hours on the upstairs...and then I was whooped. :tongue: So I waited until after prep cooking on Sunday to tackle the 1st floor. There's still work on that level that needs done but it's cleaner than it was. :laugh: Lord knows it doesn't look it because my house will always have that 'oh yeh 2 boys live here look'. But I know the baseboards and walls are clean. :drinker:

Workouts have been good. Hips and joints have not been feeling great so I had been dropping the weight and upping the reps. But this week I'm going for the reverse so we'll see how my body holds up. The weather I assume is the culprit for my joint issues @ 31. And that isn't going to change any time soon as we head back into negative teen windchills. :grumble:

Time to start planning the boys birthday. I'm not sure how we are proceeding this year with 'friends'. All the parties the kids have ever been invited to have all been NOT at the family home and at some rented location in town. I don't know if we are going to go that route, break the mold and invite classmates over, or just break it down to a few buddies over afterschool for some video games and cake. This whole school aged party planning thing- I'm not ready for it. :noway:
  • jennieodwyer
    Look at you getting so much accomplished over the weekend! My diet has been really good. Though on the weekend I am not 100% on point I am still well under maintenance and I am starting to practice moderation :laugh: Even with going out to restaurants I feel like I am doing a better job or picking low cal options and then also not over eating. I am sure I will see some loss this week but things are slower than I have been hoping considering the daily deficients but the hormonal stuff and the sodium is probably not helping either. I know I am doing everything I can and it just takes time (even if I put the weight on in no time at all:laugh: )

The allergy patch thing came off this afternoon so I can now workout (but no scrubbing it and no allergy meds until the final read on Friday). I really want to get a workout in today after Josie's swimming so I feel like I didn't miss to many but we shall see if I have time.

Try to stay warm I know the arctic is heading your way! :grumble:
  • tsquaredmama
    This week showed a nice loss for you. Excellent. :drinker: Good work. My weight is steady, BF% on the right side of that (.) is dropping which is the right direction, so I'm not going to worry about the number. I worry about it on the weekends but I know I'm doing what I need to do on the week to lower BF% - so I can just focus on moderating myself on the weekends!! You know, the same struggle I've had for the last 4 years. :grumble: :noway: :ohwell:

I'm whooped and glad it's Friday. Thinking of going to spinning tomorrow with a GF before swimming lessons. We'll see..legs are pretty shot. Back & booty this morning. I curled back up in bed with Dan after getting dressed and putting my contacts in. Had he said, stay with me...I would have!:blushing: But he's going through a cycle of insomnia...so its not good. I figured might as well go and give him so peace and quiet! :flowerforyou:

Any weekend plans? I'll workout Saturday and take Sunday off. I like this 2 days off thing. Maybe in the summer I won't have two days off but it's 2 degrees out so one sleep in AM without the shoveling and defrosting- is amazing!!
  • jennieodwyer
    Yeah the bloating from last week finally went down so the scale was more accurate. Things are moving right along for me as well. I had a good weekend eating wise and I actually worked out both days so that was nice to be able to get that in. Josie joined me for 15 minutes of my workout and it was hilarious. She is a cardio girl :laugh: She likes to do all the jumping moves but has not interest in any of the poses or lunges. She was too funny though. She really wanted to pick up and use the weights but the lightest thing I have is 5lbs and she needed both hands to pick up a single weight and could only lift it like 2x times before she was spent. haha

IMy weight (for the most part) has been going down and I am pleased with it since I am down over 7lbs in 3 weeks (granted it is 7lbs of weight I put on in a week but I digress). I am down to what I was before Thanksgiving, which is good but I still have the last 6-7lbs left to get down to my all time low. This is where things get rough and things just fluctuate. Like my weight was up 3 pounds this morning for no reason other than a lot of salty carbs yesterday (and not enough water). Just annoying. I did take my thigh measurements and see that they are down .5in each so that is nice. I know I am making progress but I know I am entering the hard phase and will not see 125-127 until April or so. Hopefully though my weekend moderation continues because I know that will help get the weight off faster.

Our weekend was nice. The cold snap took a break and we actually had temps in the 60s and 70s so took Josie to the park and played with her outside a bit. It of course was short lived as the front came through and it is back in the 30s-40s again. But I would take that any day over what you guys are seeing. :laugh:

Made our weeks worth of food yesterday so that is nice that dinners are done for the week. Made up basically my own stuffed peppers recipe (basically a lot of mushrooms instead of rice) and that turned out well I just need more seasoning. And I also am trying out a Hungry Girl recipe for ranch chicken. Basically chicken breasts coated in dry ranch mix and then sprinkled with crumbled bacon. I took a sampling of that last night and didn't think it was too great so I will see what I think when I actually serve it tomorrow. I always have some hits and misses for sure!
  • tsquaredmama
    How fun that Josie got into it! That makes for a good time. She'll probably love a little Chalean Extreme cardio! :wink: And you are doing excellent on holding down the fort through the weekend. Big props to you. Glad that measurements are going down as well. Lots of steps in the right direction- all good news!!

I don't have great news to report. I'm still fumbling (which I do frequently:ohwell: :tongue: ) Between the cold weather, the sick kids, the internal lack of UHMPH to get up and do it, I've been either SPOT on no wishy washy to binge city Monday. I'm a damn roller coaster. Sort of my normal pattern I'm starting to believe! So I haven't been on the scale and haven't even thought about it. I know no good will come of it!! I'll get back on it. I'll do it I'll do it I'll do it!!

Fun weekend! I missed Monday with a sick kid. Dan was back in ER (they want to schedule his tonsillectomy by February but with no sick days, we are trying to push our luck) and Tarren's still on the road to recovery with a cold. He gets so Mommy oriented when he's sick that we just buddy up and love. :love: When he was feeling ok, he'd help me mop. Then we'd head back to the couch to 'watch his show'. Monday was friggin' cold, but it was awfully nice to cuddle. And then the kids have had two cancelled school days in a row. It was -17 this morning. This is excess even for us!! It's ridiculous. I refuse to be the ones to let the dogs out because sometimes they need help getting back in. Dan will end up having to haul them back in. It's ridiculous! They say we'll be up in the 20s this weekend, which blows :noway: :laugh: but it's an improvement. This winter has been beyond anything I've ever seen.

I think I need to find some accountability for myself. Last time when I made that big push it was knowing that Dan & Mitch wrote me up a plan at my request. So not following through felt a little like letting them down. I know we need to be all 'life style' 'do it for yourself' :laugh: which I think all things considered 'lifestyle' wise- my eating and workout habits are 10x better than I'd ever expected. 10x better than what's the 'norm' of what I know around here. It's that EXTRA push we talk about to lose that last little bit. I am the maintenance queen. I do my 4-5 days of workouts/good eats like a champ. The healthy habits are there. I just need that extra UMPH that extra push to go beyond this regular routine I'm in. I'm not sure what that looks like. But I need a big fat push. :tongue:
  • jennieodwyer
    If you are the maintenance queen, then I am the weight roller coaster queen! Up, down, up, up, down, up. haha. I actually just wrote a whole blog about it!

I am sorry to hear about everyone being so sick and yeah that weather sounds crazy. I was going stir crazy myself in the house when we had the whole weekend we were iced in so I can only imagine what it is like to have that sort of thing on going. I hope things start to thaw out. I do feel bad for the dogs though. I am sure they don't enjoy freezing their butts off while trying to poop. :laugh: I especially feel bad for Pixie the 5lb pom. She is barely 2 inches off the ground!

This week will wrap up my first month of JM Body Revolution. It has gone by fast. I will take measurements on Friday so we shall see where we are. They should be down since I started so high but we shall see what Monday brings. I am curious to see how intense the next months workouts will be. There was a clear difference between the first 2 videos of this month and the last 2. Cardio stayed the same (and I need some new cardio since it wasn't extremely intense). So we shall see!
  • tsquaredmama
    Unfortunately, that maintenance isn't at Goal weight!:laugh:

Yikes, sorry for the MIA yesterday. I worked approx. 13 hours yesterday and it was go go go. I did make it to spin class after I got home though so that's a plus. The temperatures are on the rise so hopefully we are heading in the right direction.

Gotta keep moving forward. I want that weather to break, but once it breaks it's time to peel these layers off. I'm not looking forward to that part. So I have to put in the work to stop feeling that way. I did get a nice compliment from one of the people at spinning last night. Someone asked how often I come to spinning, I explained this was only my 2nd time and that cardio isn't exactly my favorite thing. "But you lift hard!" Was the nice response I got. I thanked him. It was a nice compliment and I'll take it!

Swimming this weekend. Hopefully just some nice family time, enjoying the Super Bowl/ Puppy Bowl with the kids. Dan has two weeks left of basketball and then he's mine again.:flowerforyou:

Oh, and we set the kids joint birthday party for the 1st week in March so I need to get on Pinterest now! :bigsmile:
  • jennieodwyer
    I hear that! If only we could maintain at goal weight! haha. Well the superbowl was disappointing. I am glad I didn't go through the trouble of planning a party! We actually got a lot done at the house this weekend. Really cleaned it, printed up pics and filled some frames that have been empty for months, listed stuff on ebay and craiglist, and I actually worked out 2x this weekend! I am on a roll!

After not seeing any loss last week I am kicking it into gear and made sure my diet was 100% and making sure I am getting in all workouts. I even ate a 230 calorie meal at Red Lobster yesterday (plus a single cheddar biscuit) just to be sure I would stay on track. I want to see some decent loss this week come hell or high water :laugh: I got just over a month left until my birthday and I want to be down at least 4 pounds before then. I know tall order right? But you gotta dream big :wink:

Speaking of birthdays, looks like you are ready to rock and roll with your kiddos party. That is pretty sweet that you can knock it out with a single party. Have they decided what theme they want?
  • jennieodwyer
    Hey girl. Just stopping by and wanted to see if you are hanging in! We have been in and out of school yesterday and today due to the small amounts of snow we have gotten. Hope things are going well and have a great weekend!
  • tsquaredmama
    It's Sunday...so sad. Lol. Things at work have been changing so dramatically that I have been working over my normal 40 hours plus the 30 minute commute to and from work has been taking longer because of these dramatic weather fronts! This is a weird winter, right?!:laugh: :noway: I also joined an advisory board for the college that I completed my Masters program at. Personally, I'm doing it because I think the way that work is headed is going to mean a departure for me in the future. Professionally, there's always something good about sitting on boards right?!:tongue: Either way, I've just been running ragged. Luckily, my family is phenomenal so once I'm home - all is well.:heart:

I did get all my workouts in, I changed up Wednesdays rest day and moved it to Thursday. We had the viewing and funeral for Dan's grandpa along with a winter storm that was dropping come Wednesday night. So just some planning ahead let me stay on top of it all. I am pretty proud of how I stayed on top of the eating aspect - I will say Quest bars (tho expensive!) have been a life saver!:wink: I end up moving my schedule alot depending on clients so just having those in my purse keeps me from the drive through.:glasses:

How are you? How are things?
  • jennieodwyer
    I am sorry to hear about Grandpa :cry: I hope everyone is doing ok. :flowerforyou: And hopefully things will turn out for the best with your job situation, whatever that may end up being. On a positive note though, congrats to you for keeping it together on the weekend! Quest bars are very filling and tasty (and expensive as you say, haha). I was keeping it together as well this weekend. Not that anything too exciting was going on but still you know how I can just go all wheels off for no reason on the weekend. I have been in the zone the last few weeks with 6 days a week workouts and diet. It feels great to be back on track and hopefully I will see more movement on the scale but I will say I am feeling old and creeky from all the workouts. Jillian is taking no prisoners and next week the workouts increase in intensity again. :grumble: Not sure how that will be since they already have me doing tons of one legged squats and I am still in the first half of the program! :laugh:

My weekend was full of Valentine's Day prepping for Josie as well. I am in love with the new Silhouette Cameo I got for Christmas from my parents. Makes my life so much easier :laugh: Doing anything fun for V-Day this year?:wink:
  • tsquaredmama
    V-Day is one of those holidays we don't really celebrate, is that bad?! :embarassed: We do cards and a hey, it's V-Day gimma a kiss! :love: :flowerforyou: Lol. But that's about it. It's right before the onslaught of birthdays so it's easy to overlook!

Thank you for the condolences. The kids took it surprisingly well...you just never know how kids are going to react to that type of thing. Dan's doing well and the service was nice.

You are still rocking it eh? Props to you. Working hard to reach those goals. Excellent as usual! Very well done. I'm glad the JM's program is increasing for you, I know that was of some concern initially. Sounds like, she is taking it to the level you want! :drinker:

I'm still doing the gym thing. :laugh: AM workouts except Wed. & Sunday. Nothing changing for me. Still trying to meet those goals. Been undereating this week but that's just by virtue of I don't have enough time in the day. I'm not too concerned though. :wink: A few days of undereating but mainly just eating what I planned out. I'm on that 16 hour fast grind again. It just works for my way of doing things in the AM. I like being able to eat more in the evening and I like not stressing about food in the morning. I'm sure there's some negative impact for not getting that holy grail of protein post workout but I bought some BCAAs and drink that throughout the morning. It's tasty. :tongue:

All in all. Still chugging along. I want to collapse in bed by 8pm but we all of those weeks/months. Nothing that everyone doesn't experience! :wink: I am looking for a new job and sent my transcripts out for a review to see if it's feasible to obtain another degree in a reasonable amount of time. I don't that will every happen, but I feel like i need to investigate options before saying NOPE that's not an Option! :wink:
  • jennieodwyer
    I basically like to celebrate anything and everything :laugh: but I know what you mean about having birthdays one right after the other!

As for me I am still plugging along. So far this week it looks like I will be posting a small gain :grumble: and no change in measurements. As usual, 2 steps forward 1 step back. Oh well. I have been doing everything right so I just need to stay the course which I am going to have to be really good about this weekend. I am on it!! (yeah check back with me on Monday and see if I actually did it, haha)

Starting new JM workouts this weekend so I am excited (and there is a little bit of dread as well) but I do like that none of the workouts are longer. That was always an issue for me with programs, that they start out with a good time frame but they just start making the workouts longer instead of really increasing the intensity. I am sure I will be crippled come next week :laugh:
  • jennieodwyer
    Happy Valentine's Day! I survived the birthday dinner!! I am still up .8lb from last week but we know how it goes :grumble: Did you see that Lindsay Brin has a new maintenance program? http://www.momsintofitness.com/pretty-fierce-x-maintenance-downloads/

It looks pretty intense to me. She can be no joke for sure! :laugh:
  • tsquaredmama
    I saw the email on Lindsay I didn't look at it. I did download that app the other day, but honestly...I haven't look at that either. I'm so glad we have 3 days off (thank you Presidents Day) because everything outside of work needs attention! :tongue: The house, the bills/mail, the KIDS :laugh: . All that goodness. So hopefully I can check it out this weekend. Dan's birthday is Sunday and Tarren's is Monday so lots of cake coming up. :wink: Cake I can avoid, if they wanted chinese though.....:laugh:

Workout today was crappy...just a lot of people and some 'technical difficulties' so I may need to consider something for tomorrow. My new workout pants were falling down when I tried running intervals...literally. They are spandex capris so I'm really not sure how they are fitted in my thighs and still slid down my waist. But they definitely aren't going to work.:blushing:

My weight was down this week...I'm not logging anything for a couple more weeks. I just can't stop myself from checking.:huh: I don't expect to it last given a weekend filled with birthdays but we'll keep pushing along.

So JM is out to kill you eh? :noway: :tongue: That's good though. You never know what you're getting when you start a new program! I'm glad it's working out for you!! Keep pushing girl. You are rocking it all week and weekend long!!
  • jennieodwyer
    Hey! Hope you had a good three day weekend! I totally know what you mean about the pants sliding down. I have that happen all the time. I assumed it was because I have a smaller waister with a heftier lower body but maybe that is just an issue with them. I basically have to have all workout pants with a draw string for that exact reason. No matter how snug they might be as soon as I am jumping around they are falling off.

I also downloaded the LB app. While I don't plan on doing much with it, there is a free challenge on it which includes 7 free full length workouts (ranging from 25-40 minutes). Looks like most are pulled from her pretty fierce collections which is cool since I don't have any of those and I don't have any workouts on my phone (which I am sure I can put to good use).

Hope you had lots of birthday fun while still keeping it together (always my challenge for sure). I am glad to hear your weight is down. I am the same way. Especially when I am in the zone with diet and exercise I want to see that number going down EVERYDAY! Haha I know I have a problem.

Yeah so I started the second half of JMBR this weekend and it was a whip. The shoulder and tricep action gets me every time. Clearly they are my weakest point since they are always an issue for me. The one workout (which I got to do again today) is especially challenging because of all the push ups. I am impressed that they go straight into hard core push ups in this one. We are talking spider push ups and one legged push ups. That and jack knife abs. Now we are talking business. Their weights are too light overall (easy fix) but the moves are getting up to where I like to be. I am honestly surprised they take such a huge step up since most ladies that don't work out regularly (which she supposedly targets with this program) can't do these sort of moves. But hey I am all for it. Was really sore Sunday and Monday in my chest, triceps and abs so I was loving that :wink:

Made it through V day without too much issue. We did go out on Sat night (with Josie since our babysitter feel through) and I didn't count calories that one night. I didn't go nuts but I definitely ate more than my usual 1600 calories. Hoping that wasn't a big deal but I don't regret it. It is nice to take a break, especially when it is just a single meal. Are you getting hit with lots of snow right now?