Losing 10lbs in the month of June 2011 - Are you in?

Options

Replies

• roknmom
    roknmom Posts: 9
    Options
    I am brand spankin' new to this...but knowing that I am not the only one out there with the black cloud of weight issues over my head is motivation in itself...I AM IN!!!! Let's kick it :-)
  • get_fit2009
    get_fit2009 Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    Today's plan (because it's always good to have a plan!) is stretch. Today is a rest day to recover from the intense workout. So, I will do the P90X stretch DVD and will be REALLY strict on my calories. I have found that on the days I workout, I can go over a couple hundred a day and still lose weight, but since stretching is not a calorie burner, I will be more stringent.

Everyone enjoy this beautiful Sunday! :flowerforyou:
  • Allegi32
    Allegi32 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Yes! Yes! Yes!! I am totally in and ready to go....let's do this!

Thanks for starting this....what a great idea!
  • kare77
    kare77 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I would love to loose 10 lbs this month but i'm just not sure it is possible for me :ohwell:
  • get_fit2009
    Options
    I would love to loose 10 lbs this month but i'm just not sure it is possible for me :ohwell:

You can adjust your goal. Make a goal that is reasonable for you and GO FOR IT! You can do it!
  • sweetdosia
    sweetdosia Posts: 28
    Options
    Ate a great breakfast this morning and killed it on the treadmill. 1 hour of cardio done. Maybe I'll shred it today too. If my daughter gives me some free time.
  • sgriener
    sgriener Posts: 2
    Options
    Only 2 lbs this week??? If I had done this 10 years ago it would have been 10 lbs. Damn menopause!!!!
    Going to Maui July 6 so I really need to lose at least 10lbs by then. I am eating exactly what I'm supposed to(1200 cal), working out everyday and with my trainer once a week.
  • Johnnygirl777
    Options
    Ok so last night I had more wine than I intended... I am pretty sure that I burned it right off dancing though because by time I left, I was so sweaty it was gross (thank you zumba!)

Here goes my 2.5 hour workout day on a day I'm less than thrilled.

I'll start with 90 minutes of yoga and check back in, just to keep motivated :)
  • Johnnygirl777
    Options
    Welcome again all the recent joiners! Don't forget, keep us updated with your progress and even your daily workouts or plans, I feel like I stick better to my workouts when I'm telling all of you my intentions :)

Thank you all again for being there for me and everyone else <3
  • Johnnygirl777
    Options
    I am brand spankin' new to this...but knowing that I am not the only one out there with the black cloud of weight issues over my head is motivation in itself...I AM IN!!!! Let's kick it :-)

Welcome!! Oh no, trust me, we all have some weight we're battling, so glad you've joined our group :)
  • Johnnygirl777
    Options
    Ate a great breakfast this morning and killed it on the treadmill. 1 hour of cardio done. Maybe I'll shred it today too. If my daughter gives me some free time.

Great job! An hour on the treadmill is no joke, keep it up!
  • Johnnygirl777
    Options
    Today's plan (because it's always good to have a plan!) is stretch. Today is a rest day to recover from the intense workout. So, I will do the P90X stretch DVD and will be REALLY strict on my calories. I have found that on the days I workout, I can go over a couple hundred a day and still lose weight, but since stretching is not a calorie burner, I will be more stringent.

Everyone enjoy this beautiful Sunday! :flowerforyou:

Love the plan! You're totally right, you have to adjust a little depending on how intense the workout is. Great job, enjoy your Sunday!
  • chrisja
    chrisja Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I would like to say thank you guys for the motivation. I must confess that I overate yesterday and even though I exercised I was still way over on net calories. I got up this morning and you would think by now that my thought would be that I would right this ship before things got any worse. Well that wasn't the mood I was in this morning...more like a "I will start over Monday" which would mean that I would just eat whatever today too. Then I got on here and the first topic I saw in the General forum was this so I came in to read what you had all been up to since the last time I checked in. A long story short, my conscience kicked in and on to the treadmill I went, starting out really lousy but building up as I watch the French Open finals. At the end I burned 300 calories and was pumped so did some upper body workout and squats too. It was all due to you guys since Sundays are usually my rest days. Thank You all soooo much. I am on a high now, especially since my guy won the tennis too.
  • get_fit2009
    Options
    I would like to say thank you guys for the motivation. I must confess that I overate yesterday and even though I exercised I was still way over on net calories. I got up this morning and you would think by now that my thought would be that I would right this ship before things got any worse. Well that wasn't the mood I was in this morning...more like a "I will start over Monday" which would mean that I would just eat whatever today too. Then I got on here and the first topic I saw in the General forum was this so I came in to read what you had all been up to since the last time I checked in. A long story short, my conscience kicked in and on to the treadmill I went, starting out really lousy but building up as I watch the French Open finals. At the end I burned 300 calories and was pumped so did some upper body workout and squats too. It was all due to you guys since Sundays are usually my rest days. Thank You all soooo much. I am on a high now, especially since my guy won the tennis too.

Glad we could help! And good for you for turning it around! :smile:
  • Johnnygirl777
    Options

Wow! I loved your little story, this is amazing, it's incredible what you can push yourself to do with incredible support from all the amazing MFPers :) Great job, keep it up!
  • KarenECunningham
    KarenECunningham Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I already started on the first. I am glad to join your challenge.:flowerforyou:
  • asusfan
    asusfan Posts: 6
    Options
    I'm in but my goal is 25 pounds. been jogging every day 3 times a day for an hour each. Also just got myself a jump rope
  • arielian
    arielian Posts: 200
    Options
    BUMP! I'M DOWN! I WANT TO BE 210-200 BY MY BIRTHDAY!
  • Johnnygirl777
    Options
    Welcome! Glad to have you all here with us, I love the goals! :)
  • get_fit2009
    Options
    Happy Monday! Got my lunch packed and going to throw dinner in the crock pot so I can head to Spinning class tonight. This week will be hard because my son is graduating from high school :heart: and I have relatives coming to stay, so I am going to be really focused the beginning of the week so I can cut myself a little slack if I can't fit everything in at the end of the week. Have a great day! :smile: