• melane71
    melane71 Posts: 35
    Options
    you can do it.
  • melane71
    melane71 Posts: 35
    Options
    Your name - Marine

Something you've learnt during your weigh loss journey. - excuses are your worse enemy

What do you still struggle with/find difficult as you lose weight - the acceptation that this is really something you are doing for yourself. I know it but I have a harder time to put it in practice consistently.

A recent NSV you've experienced. - Being on top of the mountain with a 360 view of the Valley, breeze in my face, 104 degrees, nobody around - complete peace in my mind.

What motivates you to keep going - feeling good in my own skin!
  • pisceanangel
    Options
    This morning, I officially lost my 50th pound, and then some! I am very happy!!! Thank you all for the motivation! I'll see you tomorrow! :)
  • bethabeeg
    bethabeeg Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    This morning, I officially lost my 50th pound, and then some! I am very happy!!! Thank you all for the motivation! I'll see you tomorrow! :)

that is amazing girl!!!
  • LauraLLee
    LauraLLee Posts: 210
    Options

Excellent job! I know you feel great!
  • vrags2
    vrags2 Posts: 19
    Options
    Hi girls,
    I have been out of touch for 2 days due to a medical issue, but I am finally at home and on MFP again. I think I missed logging my meals and checking in with you guys the most. Lol. Congrats on everyone's achievements last week, ya'll did great!!

Your name
    Vicki

Something you've learned during your weigh loss journey. Could be something about yourself. food, exercise, anything...
    That I am an emotional eater and food addict.

What do you still struggle with/find difficult as you lose weight.
    I get overwhelmed when I think how much weight I need to lose. Short term, and non weight based, goals are very important to help me stay in 'today'.

A recent NSV you've experienced.
    I have 3 pairs of work slacks that are so big they fall off. My mother (an excellent seamstress) will be re-sizing them tomorrow!

What motivates you to keep going.
    My family...I want to be there to see my niece (no kids for me) graduate college, get married, have children...
  • LauraLLee
    Options
    Just checking in and wanted to say that staying under sodium is easier that staying under in sugar...at least for me : )
    I hope your all encouraged and doing well for yourself!
  • LauraLLee
    Options
    vrags2 I hope everything is going well for you! :flowerforyou:
  • vrags2
    vrags2 Posts: 19
    Options
    Things are good! Feeling better. I have been struggling with some vitamin deficiencies that have caused other issues (stress fracture in my foot) and I had to slow down a bit for a procedure. Still doing well though. Everyone on MFP has given me such a sense of support that it makes this process easier.
    Hope you have a great Friday!
    Vicki
  • jltodd99
    jltodd99 Posts: 89
    Options
    I'm Julie and I've learned that if I add a 20 minute workout in the late afternoon or early evening to my regular workout schedule it has helped me to drop a bit more weight. I don't know if it's the extra workout, the time of day, the 30DS tape I'm using or if it's something else, but it all seems to help drop the weight.

This past week I've been hungry more than usual and I find I'm eating the wrong things this week. Trying to stay motivated and not give in to defeat/depression over this bit of backpedaling I seem to be doing. Besides that, my knee has not been cooperating so I tend to back off exercises that might make it hurt more. Gotta change that mindset NOW.

My recent NSV was fitting into my husband's band shirt and not the one I used to wear that was two full sizes larger.

My motivation is the rest of my life. I have five kids and the first three are out of the home. My fourth child will be in 10th grade this fall and I want to be able to do fun things with her during her high school years (nothing like being the FUN mom!) My fifth child will be in 5th grade this fall and he is so smart and so much fun that I truly enjoy spending time with him. Ultimate motivation is that I need to get in shape for ME - to make ME happy - and to feel good about ME!
  • LauraLLee
    Options
    I'm Julie and I've learned that if I add a 20 minute workout in the late afternoon or early evening to my regular workout schedule it has helped me to drop a bit more weight. I don't know if it's the extra workout, the time of day, the 30DS tape I'm using or if it's something else, but it all seems to help drop the weight.

This past week I've been hungry more than usual and I find I'm eating the wrong things this week. Trying to stay motivated and not give in to defeat/depression over this bit of backpedaling I seem to be doing. Besides that, my knee has not been cooperating so I tend to back off exercises that might make it hurt more. Gotta change that mindset NOW.

My recent NSV was fitting into my husband's band shirt and not the one I used to wear that was two full sizes larger.

My motivation is the rest of my life. I have five kids and the first three are out of the home. My fourth child will be in 10th grade this fall and I want to be able to do fun things with her during her high school years (nothing like being the FUN mom!) My fifth child will be in 5th grade this fall and he is so smart and so much fun that I truly enjoy spending time with him. Ultimate motivation is that I need to get in shape for ME - to make ME happy - and to feel good about ME!

I really like your reasons for mototavation. It is fun to be the fun mom and it is even more fun to do this for yourself and be happy!
  • toadiejones
    toadiejones Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I confess...I haven't been to the gym in 3 days. :( And if I don't go to the gym, I don't loose weight. Not looking forward to tomorrow's weigh in. What's been getting you to the gym lately?
  • heathermrls
    Options
    well i am really disappointed in myself. i haven't been on here all weekend and of course that means i haven't been doing my workouts or eating properly. not looking forward to tommorows weigh in.
  • LauraLLee
    Options
    I am not sure what I am doing weight wise, I had a wedding yesterday, I know I went over but most of it was veggies and whatever it was cooked in. I know there was lots and lots of salt. I could taste it. I tried to detox today. Lots of water but I did not get a proper workout in even though I got some extra calories burned. So we will see. I was proud of myself for uping my workouts this week. Please understand that I have not been properly motovated to workout since I started my journey in January. This challege has really got my mind focused on the right thing for me right now.
    I applaud all of you, for your sucesses and your honesty about where you are and the fact that no one is making excuses. It really helps me be honest with you all and myself.
    So Cheers to you all! And happy health to all of you!
  • Bethabee_
    Bethabee_ Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    i'm nervous as hell for tomorrows weigh in... HORRIBLE week! Having a really hard time being motivated. Went for a jog today while my husband trailed along on his bike.. haha.. let me tell you, It's easier for me (don't know why) to breathe in the gym on the treadmill than it is to actually jog/walk outside.
    And the whole time I just wanted to dance...
    I think I'm more of a zumba girl
  • bethabeeg
    bethabeeg Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Good Morning ladies!!! I hope everybody does well today! I didn't think I was going to lose anything this week do to TOM but at the end my body worked with me to de-bloat and stay on track at the my bachlorette party and joe's stag party! Wahoot

SW (6/01): 175.2
    Wk1 (6/05): 173.0
    Wk2 (6/12): 170.2
    Wk3 (6/19): 168.4
    Wk4 (6/26):
    Wk5 (6/30):

Challenge GW: on the high end 165 on the low end 160
  • Maxylicious
    Maxylicious Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    GOOD MORNING LADIES!!!

it's that time of the week again!

week3.jpg

Remember to try and have all your weights in by tonight so i can have the chart up tomorrow morning.

Sorry i have been MIA for most of the week, been travelling, so I've been away from my computer and only able to log in with my phone. Things are more settled now, so i should reply to all of you today :)

Hope everyone had a good week, Enjoy the rest of your day!!!!
  • LauraLLee
    Options
    360 challenge
    Week 3: It seem as though I have not lost much weight but I am losing inches. I am not going to make excuses about my weight loss but I do believe that Sodium is the culprit.
    Yes I know we were to watch our sodium and I did until the wedding on Saturday. So I expect that messed with me a bit. We will see what happens this next week.
    Of course I am thrilled to see the inches coming off and my goal inches are almost achieved. For me that was my main goal in this challenge. I am shrinking! Yay!

SW (6/01): 297.8
    Wk1 (6/05): 297.4
    Wk2 (6/13): 296.4
    Wk3 (6/19): 295.2
    Wk4 (6/26):
    Wk5 (6/30):

Challenge GW: 287

Measurements
    6-5-11
    swaist 43.5
    ships 55.5
    sthighs 48.0
    sarms 17.0

6-13
    Waist 41.5
    Hips 54
    Thighs 46
    Arms 16.25

6-19
    Waist 39.75
    Hips 51.0
    Thighs 45
    Arms 16

Gwaist 39
    Ghips 50
    Gthights 44
    Garms 15
  • jltodd99
    jltodd99 Posts: 89
    Options
    SW (6/01): 240
    Wk1 (6/05): 239.4
    Wk2 (6/12): 234
    Wk3 (6/19): 234
    Wk4 (6/26):
    Wk5 (6/30):

Left knee is getting worse, not better. Eased off the exercise for a few days to see if that would help - we'll see what happens over the next week. No loss this week - but at least no gain either.
  • toadiejones
    toadiejones Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    SW (6/01): 140.2
    Wk1 (6/05): 139.2
    Wk2 (6/12): 138.2
    Wk3 (6/19): 138.2 :(
    Wk4 (6/26):
    Wk5 (6/30):

Challenge GW: 133