Turbo Jammers 9/23-9/29

Options

Replies

• spiralgirl71
    spiralgirl71 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Morning. I'm still here. Had a bad week last week. Met zero of my goals. I didn't even work out past Monday. Very bad. I will be back on track today and hopefully stay on track. I will be working out later today.
  • ErinRNinMaine
    ErinRNinMaine Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    We're here for you, Spiralgirl! You'll get back into the swing of things!

Did you get bowling, drevans_mom? I haven't been bowling in forever! And hey, any type of workout is still a workout! :wink:

I did Turbo Sculpt and the 20 min workout yesterday. I may take today off since I got 6 workouts in this week, who knows. We had lobster last night with LOTS of butter--I stayed within my calories but still feel a little guilty about the butter. AND I had a serving of chips...I haven't eaten chips in about a month! But it was worth it...I guess after 6 days of working out an hour plus for the week AND having pretty much a perfect diet, well...I was entitled!

Hope you all enjoy your Sunday. I was just at a local truckstop for breakfast and Governor Palin's husband was at the table next to us. Not quite sure what he was doing there, as it was unannounced. But there were state troopers and secret service all over the place. Hmmm....
  • Lyn_Matthews
    Lyn_Matthews Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    Did you get bowling, drevans_mom? I haven't been bowling in forever! And hey, any type of workout is still a workout! :wink:

...But it was worth it...I guess after 6 days of working out an hour plus for the week AND having pretty much a perfect diet, well...I was entitled!

We did go bowling. My son's (6 yrs old) first time. He LOVED it. He bowled a 74 and 73 (with bumper bars). It was fun....we will definately have to make it a monthly outing.

YES you were entitled!!! Whether it's chips, ice cream, chocolate, whatever your craving is I figure you can give IN as long as you don't give UP! Remember you goals and portion control and you can still eat whatever you want :flowerforyou:
  • psyknife
    psyknife Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Hey all!

Saturday I taught my Turbo class and it was fabulous!
    Yesterday my boy and I hiked a bit and then I did Booty Sculpt + Abs.

Tonight I have my aerials class, and I do believe I'm going to walk there (about 45 mins. each way) because it's just too darned nice outside!
  • ErinRNinMaine
    Options
    Punch, Kick, Jam and Ab Jam done!! :flowerforyou:
  • Lyn_Matthews
    Options
    :grumble: CP done today....I really need some new workouts
  • Lyn_Matthews
    Options
    cp2 done :flowerforyou:
  • clewliss
    clewliss Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Hey Erin,

I don't have a huge selection of TJ...only the original 5 workouts and the 2 live workouts. My hubby won't let me get any more until he sees me using the ones I have A LOT! So this 4 days a week group will help me lose weight AND get new videos!! hehehe

Welcome. :)

I don't have the live DVDs. I bought the TJ Max Results package that came with the original 5 workouts, 4 bonus DVD workouts, and the weighted hand gloves and resistance band. When I first started, I didn't use the gloves...after adding them, I burned an additional ONE HUNDRED calories in a single workout! I highly recommend getting them when you're comfortable with the workout. I want to try her exercise ball routine and really want to tackle ChaLEAN Extreme when it comes out!! I have big goals! lol

I hope you do get the chance to get some new DVDs....if you're anything like me, it's easy to get bored and I like to rotate my workouts. Let's do this!!!

Now, how did you know it burned an extra 100 calories, does it tell you???? That would be awesome!
  • ErinRNinMaine
    Options
    Hey Erin,

I don't have a huge selection of TJ...only the original 5 workouts and the 2 live workouts. My hubby won't let me get any more until he sees me using the ones I have A LOT! So this 4 days a week group will help me lose weight AND get new videos!! hehehe

Welcome. :)

I don't have the live DVDs. I bought the TJ Max Results package that came with the original 5 workouts, 4 bonus DVD workouts, and the weighted hand gloves and resistance band. When I first started, I didn't use the gloves...after adding them, I burned an additional ONE HUNDRED calories in a single workout! I highly recommend getting them when you're comfortable with the workout. I want to try her exercise ball routine and really want to tackle ChaLEAN Extreme when it comes out!! I have big goals! lol

I hope you do get the chance to get some new DVDs....if you're anything like me, it's easy to get bored and I like to rotate my workouts. Let's do this!!!

Now, how did you know it burned an extra 100 calories, does it tell you???? That would be awesome!

I have a heart rate monitor. I would sooooo recommend one! A lot of people on here swear by their Polar brands. I have a Timex Ironman that I really like.
    Oh, and I almost forgot--Turbo Sculpt and Fat Burner done this morning! :flowerforyou:
  • peej76
    peej76 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    Whoo hoo!! I just started turbo jam today and I loved it!!! I'm all sweaty, worked my *kitten* off, but it didn't feel like work....not yet anyway!!
  • ErinRNinMaine
    Options
    Whoo hoo!! I just started turbo jam today and I loved it!!! I'm all sweaty, worked my *kitten* off, but it didn't feel like work....not yet anyway!!

Good for you!! I've been doing it almost daily since April and I still smile the whole way through the workout, it's so much fun!!

Keep it up!
  • psyknife
    Options
    Turbo Kick round 34 done... 740 calories... gone! Booyah :)
  • Lyn_Matthews
    Options
    Welcome peej! I hope you love Turbo Jam as much as we do (did that just sound like Chaleen??? :laugh: ) I've been doing Turbo Jam since Aug 25th and I've lost almost 20 lbs. I will be doing my CP2 workout in about 20 minutes....then I have to figure out how to get ab jam in sometime today....we will see if that's gonna happen
  • jennNva
    jennNva Posts: 142
    Options
    Good morning everyone. Being a new kid on the block here - I have to mention that I found this thread a couple of days ago and starting looking at the Turbo Jam. It has some great reviews! So, of course, I had to order it due to arrive in the next couple of days. I can't wait to start it!!

Thanks for the info!!
  • amycakes812
    Options
    I would love to join in on this! Not sure which TJ set I have...it came with the 5 workouts on a 2 disc set, PK&J and the weighted gloves. I am hoping to get some new DVDs for xmas. My favorites are PK&J and Turbo Sculpt. I don't have a HRM yet...again, hoping for that this xmas. Out of curiosity, how many calories does everyone average with sculpt? I am never sure how to log that, I know it gets my heart rate up and not sure if weight training calories listed in the exercise database is correct? I found a site somewhere that puts TJ calories burned as comparable to kickboxing and was able to input my height and weight to get a better idea for calories burned for those workouts.
    Usually I work out at night after the kids go to bed, my norm is 6 days a week. I also throw in walking/jogging 4 miles a few days a week depending on the weather.
    My son just fell asleep for a nap, so I am off to sneak in a workout now while I can.
    Either doing CP1 or PK&J...will decide after I get changed!
    I'm so excited I found this thread!
  • Lyn_Matthews
    Options
    Only got in a 20 minute workout today but I'm hoping to squeeze in Ab Jam and maybe another 20 minute workout before bed tonight.

Also WELCOME to the newbies!!!
  • psyknife
    Options
    I would consider Turbo Sculpt more of a circuit training workout than weight lifting, because it keeps moving and keeps your heart rate up.
  • amycakes812
    Options
    I would consider Turbo Sculpt more of a circuit training workout than weight lifting, because it keeps moving and keeps your heart rate up.

Thanks! I just finished CP1 for the day. Had to get my workout in early tonight...Thursday night is my big TV night...Ugly Betty, Grey's, and Life of Mars...watched the premier last week and got hooked, so I lost that 10:00 workout time! :bigsmile:
  • ErinRNinMaine
    Options
    I would love to join in on this! Not sure which TJ set I have...it came with the 5 workouts on a 2 disc set, PK&J and the weighted gloves. I am hoping to get some new DVDs for xmas. My favorites are PK&J and Turbo Sculpt. I don't have a HRM yet...again, hoping for that this xmas. Out of curiosity, how many calories does everyone average with sculpt? I am never sure how to log that, I know it gets my heart rate up and not sure if weight training calories listed in the exercise database is correct? I found a site somewhere that puts TJ calories burned as comparable to kickboxing and was able to input my height and weight to get a better idea for calories burned for those workouts.
    Usually I work out at night after the kids go to bed, my norm is 6 days a week. I also throw in walking/jogging 4 miles a few days a week depending on the weather.
    My son just fell asleep for a nap, so I am off to sneak in a workout now while I can.
    Either doing CP1 or PK&J...will decide after I get changed!
    I'm so excited I found this thread!

Hello and welcome!! I usually only burn around 300 calories with Turbo Sculpt. But the cardio workouts I burn between 500-650 calories depending on how hard I push. But it's different for everyone, depending on how much you weigh, your max heart rate, etc.
  • Lyn_Matthews
    Options
    I got my CP workout in and 10 minutes of Ab Jam. I havent gotten any strength training in this week and feel terrible about it. Somedays I barely get my 40 mins of cardio in let alone another 20-40 mins of toning.

So this is going to sound really silly but usually I work out barefoot but with all the twisting and turning in the workouts I'm getting blisters on my feet. So today I wore shoes and let me tell you what....I probably burned another 200 calories because of the extra weight on my feet. I could feel it with every kick and knee. Agh and I'm sure I'm gonna feel it even more tomorrow....silly huh!