What is your job?

Options

Replies

• mental_release
    Options
    I'm an "Information Assurance Professional" within the government. Think computer/information security on steroids. Best part...where I work...nothing. I'd rather be in the commercial/private sector actually helping families and small businesses. I see far too many of them ripped off or taken advantage of because no one is there to help/educate them on information security. All the "experts" are working for the big corporations with the money to pay them. I'd really rather be there for the 'little guy'.

--MR

P.S. if you have any questions, please feel free to send me a message. I'd love to help if I can!
  • candis30
    candis30 Posts: 17
    Options
    I am a deli manager! I bake sweets all day long! Needless to say that's why i'm on this site.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Unemployed! I like that I get to be on MFP whenever I want! lol Just kidding. It's only been 3 days and I'm looking for a new job. :bigsmile:
  • CassieLEO
    CassieLEO Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    Corrections Officer for the Federal Government. AKA Prison Guard
  • bmw4deb
    bmw4deb Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    I was a sales trainer for AT&T for years took early retirement in
    2005 moved to VA from Ohio and opened a small tire shop with
    my hubb,y we now have 3 locations. I love meeting and interacting
    with the public everyday, the hours kick my butt at times.
  • Seajolly
    Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    I used to do PA work and some production coordinator/director work. Challenging and fun (and I agree about it being cool to see people whose work you've admired for years), but insanely stressful!!!

Yeah it's SUPER stressful... I have been off for a few months since my last job. I really needed a break. It's tough work, and no one understands unless they've worked in the industry.
  • atomiclauren
    atomiclauren Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    I'm an archivist -- I do a lot of work preserving things and digitizing them. It's extremely easy going and it just fits me -- if you told me I'd be doing this when I was in college, though, I wouldn't have believed it.. I get to see and learn about neat things, make information accessible to people, and fulfill my vow of not working in the for profit sector :smile:

The main thing that takes up my time outside of work (and that I'd love to do full time if $ wasn't an issue) is my web site - I document buildings and houses in Houston -- a lot of midcentury stuff lately but I'm game for anything (it also includes a bit of trespassing and decaying old buildings before they're torn down which can be fun but nasty :sick: )..
  • NA_Willie
    NA_Willie Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Corrections Officer for the Federal Government. AKA Prison Guard
    4 Questions:

1) Have I seen you on Lock Up Raw? Me and the Mrs used to watch every Saturday night until she got tired of it (I still watch it after she goes to sleep)

2) Do dudes really get raped?

3) Ever met any mobsters?

4) How much are cigarettes going for these days?
  • DowntimeDesigns
    DowntimeDesigns Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I'm a graphic designer and the highlights of my job are:

1. Being able to wear headphones all day
    2. Being able to wear shorts and flip-flops to work
    3. Not having to cover any of my tattoos or piercings
    4. Seeing things I have created in stores like Target and Wal-Mart.

All in all... I love my job!
  • aliciadjackson
    aliciadjackson Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I work at a Middle School as an Instructional Assistant in a Special Education classroom, and every day those children make me smile.
    I'm also a cheerleading coach for CMS, those girls are full of life and keep me feeling young... and I wouldn't change it!

On the weekends I'm a caregiver for mentally/physically challenged adults and though it's stressful at times, I'm glad to be helping those who need it.
  • sh0ck
    sh0ck Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I am a Statistician.

I work in the Research Department at a Traumatic Spinal Cord and Traumatic Brain Injury Rehabilitation hospital. I get to work on all sorts of different project with different disciplines (nursing, psychology, physical therapy, etc...). I love that I am able to use my education for something that makes me feel like I am making the world a better place.
  • ESVABelle
    ESVABelle Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Dept Supervisor in RETAIL.

I love my co-workers. We laugh and have a great time ALL day. Some days, it's not even work because we're just hanging out, getting stuff done while we talk and carry on. Customers keep it interesting, but my company and my co-workers are the bestttt
  • Learning2LoveMe
    Learning2LoveMe Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    I am a Bookkeeper

I love numbers and money.. so its right up my alley. I do most all of the accounting for a small law firm (I do it all minus the year-end taxes).

I can't wait to get my degree in Accounting and will be able to move on to bigger and better things. I do love working for a small business, but currently my pay is well below what I should be making with my experience.
  • Jbean818
    Jbean818 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Interesting posts!

I am an academic intervention services provider in an elementary school. Basically I teach small-group math and reading while also helping out in classrooms part of the day. The thing I love most is the fact that in a small group setting I REALLY get to know my students. Lots of them come to me for advice, and I am honored that they trust me enough to tell their problems and fears!

The thing I like the least? The FOOD! I am approached (no joke) at least twice a day by adorable little creatures asking if I want a cupcake, brownie etc because it is their birthday. How do you say no to THAT?! :P
  • MDinglasa
    MDinglasa Posts: 7
    Options
    R&D Engineer

**Nerd girls do it better**
  • VELVET2688
    VELVET2688 Posts: 40
    Options
    I'm an Autocad and 3D drafter, also an office administrator. When I'm not drawing, I do all the office work. I love it,,it gives me a variety everyday. I also consult and Autocad draw for 3 other companies on the side. Love gardening flowers, crocheting, painting ceramics, and relief wood carving.
  • MiNiMoNkI
    MiNiMoNkI Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I am PA to aManaging Director of an Architects practice, i love how relaxed it is, very family oriented. Very friendly place to work, i also get to sit on MFP! :)
  • Hazelhaze05
    Hazelhaze05 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I credential Medical Staff for the United States Air Force with a Government Contractor.
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    Mom of 3 active kids (school age and teen). I love seeing the long term outcomes of what I have done over the years. Oh, and the spontaneous hugs are great too :happy:

Also student, finishing a math degree (and looking into graduate school- eek!!!)
  • godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    I am accounts payable and reception for an electrical supply company. I also do bits and pieces of accounts receivable and purchasing.

What I like most about it is the fact that it's first shift.....yeah, that's pretty much it, lol