Meat

Options
12345679»

Replies

• kristelpoole
    kristelpoole Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Yeah, save it for *us farmhands* --- we sure don't mind, honey! :flowerforyou: umm.... this is strange - are you being snotty about farmhands in general, or just farmhands that work on meat-producing farms?

I have plenty of friends that are farmers and I volunteer on farms regularly. Nothing against farmers or farmhands, just against your attitude.

The thing is, I understand both sides of the meat-eating and vegetarian argument and I don't think it's my place to make anyone choose a side. The only point I emphatically make with people is to be informed. Some people, obviously, would prefer to live in blissful ignorance. :)
  • Bootzey
    Bootzey Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Any *fact based* info on meat vs. vegetarian/vegan would be greatly appreciated.

Why don't you try vegetarianism and see how you feel. I became a veg 11 years ago and it was one of the best decisions I ever made... But that's me. Everyone has their own path to walk
  • chantel14
    chantel14 Posts: 128
    Options
    MEAT IS THE DEVIL!!!!!!!! Losing weight is hard, but when you become vegetarian and try, its 100% easier! i truly suggest you go vegetarian! once you go vegetarian you never go back! I suggest you try it for a little while. see if it helps.Good Luck

I tried being a vegetarian once,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I think it was a lunch back in 1980, I had a salad all by itself,,,,, didn’t set to well, never tried that again.

haha sounds like a traumatic experience :)-
  • aranchmom
    aranchmom Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    MEAT IS THE DEVIL!!!!!!!! Losing weight is hard, but when you become vegetarian and try, its 100% easier! i truly suggest you go vegetarian! once you go vegetarian you never go back! I suggest you try it for a little while. see if it helps.Good Luck

I tried being a vegetarian once,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I think it was a lunch back in 1980, I had a salad all by itself,,,,, didn’t set to well, never tried that again.

hahaha! I'll have to share that with my man...he has this thing for funny salad quotes. :smile:
  • SiltyPigeon
    SiltyPigeon Posts: 920 Member
    Options

Some of you may say this is bull crap and not true other may agree with these facts... Words can be disputed, but Images and Video speaks a thousand words.. Look it up!!

even watch for yourselves...

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5830866813023883728#
  • JDMPWR
    JDMPWR Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    Iloveit
  • aranchmom
    aranchmom Posts: 176 Member
    Options

Some of you may say this is bull crap and not true other may agree with these facts... Words can be disputed, but Images and Video speaks a thousand words.. Look it up!!

toooo funny!
  • SiltyPigeon
    SiltyPigeon Posts: 920 Member
    Options

toooo funny!

Bet it tastes like chicken. :happy:
  • abalicious
    abalicious Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Please do NOT support the cruelty & greed of the meat industry. If you only knew how these animals lived (if one could even call it that) and were slaughtered, you would think twice about putting their flesh in your mouth :cry: . Please do some research and make the right decision.

I think it depends on where you buy your meat from. Obviously a huge factory based company that injects their food with steroids and all that other ish are not good to buy from, but locally raised meat is okay in my opinion. Buying from delis instead of from the frozen packaged section is better.
  • curtisperk
    curtisperk Posts: 27
    Options
    I lift weights and do cardio.. And I don't feel like spending money on protein supplements so I eat meat. But I do eat a lot of good vegetables also. It is all based on personal decision. Good luck!
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options

do you have any evidence for this?
  • bella8282
    bella8282 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Meat is fine.

Edit: And I say this having experimented with two years of being a vegetarian. It was, at the time a "health" decision more than moral and it did little to positively impact my health. Actually I ended up with anemia, but that's another story for another time.

Not all farms are inhumane, not all meats are "gross" or poorly raised, meat is not detrimental to the body, some meats are better than others.

There are moral reasons to avoid meats or meats raised in a certain manner, and there's nothing wrong with that.

Any arguments about meat rotting in your colon ARE absolute and complete bunk. Avoiding meat simply to "lose weight" isn't always a great strategy as you may be replacing that meat with a more highly processed substance (soya).

replacing food with highly processed substaces?
    It does not have to be that way....Its like any "type" of diet, you still need to make the right choices If your a meat eater it does not mean you will or wont eat hot a dog which is highly processed!
    I do not eat anything that has been processed except coffee and soy milk. and the very occasional treat..... (i'm a raw vegitarian boarder line vegan)