Young Working Women (career, not corner) *CLOSED GROUP*

Options

Replies

• laurad1406
    laurad1406 Posts: 341
    Options
    I'm on twitter, lauramarie518, but haven't "tweeted" in a while....most of my tweets are sports related and contain profanity. Just a heads up.
  • purpleprose
    purpleprose Posts: 650
    Options
    LOL - I actually was wondering about the eating differently during different stages of the menstrual cycle, not about syncing on the Pill!

I just didn't know if that post about eating differently because of higher metabolic rates during different the different times of the month held true for women on birth control.
  • KeshiaV
    KeshiaV Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Quick life story: I was born and raised in a suburb outside of Chicago. I loved the access to the city and it's probably the only midwestern city I'd ever consider settling in :) I survived a ridiculously nerdy boarding school for high school (I was the cool kid lol). I too wanted to escape everyone from high school, so I ended up attending a small liberal arts college in middle of nowhere Michigan. I majored in psychology with a concentration in neuroscience. I spent a semester interning in a cognitive neuropsych lab in London. It's my favorite city in the universe and I hope to make my way back there eventually.

After college, I joined Teach For America and got placed in rural Louisiana teaching elementary school. I've been in the south for 2 years now and it is quite possibly the hardest and most rewarding thing I've ever done. I loved my kids and working with them, but I realized I wasn't born to be a teacher --but I have new respect for ALLL teachers :). After my first year as a teacher, I called a few of my old elementary teachers just to apologize for what I could have possibly thought of doing when I was in school lol.

Now, I'm blissfully headed back to school for my doctorate in clinical psychology (I'm so done being the teacher and I plan to be the best student ever!) I'm moving to Virginia (just a few weeks away!) which should be a new experience.

ps- Everything is totally fried down here! I went to the strawberry festival expecting fresh goodness. Instead I got fried oreos, fried pickles, fried chocolate covered bananas, fried chocolate covered strawberries.... terrible :/
  • Drunkadelic
    Drunkadelic Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    I would NOT however want to plan weddings :) because I was in the wedding industry and dealing with the bridezillas is NOTTT FUN haha

Um yea, funny thing about that. One of my best friends who is getting married in october is being a TOTAL b**** bridezilla today. I am so pissed at her! You are probably right about the wedding thing... maybe just other events? haha

And I don't think I would mind pharma if I could do advertising or sales or something similar. But I do the worst stuff in the world - I do all the paperwork that goes along with manufacturing drugs so not only is there A BUNCH of it, it has to be done precisely right or my company could get majorly sued or even have criminal action taken with them (FDA style). But, I'm just glad I have a job!!! *forced smile* haha

And Keshia I just love everything fried. I was telling a friend about that the other day and how when we were in college we would fry everything under the sun. So unhealthy!! But so so so delicious :)
  • charc16
    charc16 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Goooood morning pretty ladies! I am super excited today for 4 reasons.

1) It is Friday!! And it has been a very long week
    2) My boyfriend gets into town tonight and he is very nice and took all next week off of work to celebrate my birthday!
    3) I get to go out for my birthday lunch with my co-workers. I chose Panera and searched their website for some "healthier" options...I'll be way over on sodium, but everything else should be on track
    4) I lost 2 lbs this week! So that puts me at 152.2. If anyone would like to be super nice and, as a present, use this as my Monday weigh-in I would not be sad :). I'll weigh in again on Monday...but it won't be pretty!

Anyway, I hope you all have a great day! :)
  • Drunkadelic
    Options
    Oh that reminds me... since the 4th is Monday, are we going to be weighing in on Tuesday? Or does it really matter? lol I just know I won't be able to check in on Monday morning :(
  • nyctraveler
    nyctraveler Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Lol I'm terrified of our weigh in. This weekend will not be pretty and I have Tom oh and not to mention I heard yest that my promotion request at work will be considered at end of yr now. I totally ate 3 cookies at a mtg :(
  • kate2004rock
    kate2004rock Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I STAYED at 163 by the end of the week == though I was really panicking earlier this weekb ecause my TOM waterweight got up to about 3 lbs at one point. SHEESH.

So I am really glad to not have gained because my food choices have not been all that stellar. Not terrible. But not stellar. I have completely cleaned out my fridge and pantry since I'm moving from San Antonio to Houston on Tuesday. After I get settled I think I will be much better off, and I won't be eating out ALL THE TIME.
  • gayle80
    gayle80 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Ok, it was mine and df's anniversary weekend, and my weight this morning was 3lb heavier than it was on Friday! Eeeeeek!!!
  • osucristina
    osucristina Posts: 197
    Options
    Well I'm happy to report that after a week of half-crash eating and a Saturday FULL OF DRINKING- I'm at 154.2 this week which is almost a 2 pound loss! Haaaayyyyyy! Lol

OK we do have new challenges this week
    1. Health Challenge- alcohol. I'm challenging myself to go one week without it and I'd like to challenge you as well. I know I said I don't believe in cutting out beer, which I don't, but I'm AM trying to get as healthy as possible and booze is so dehydrating! Keep using that flax seed! I've been using less than a serving size because I think it tastes DISGUSTING. It totally ruins my smoothies. It sucks!
    2. Fitness Challenge- Jumping jacks! Woohoo! I love me some jumping jacks because you can feel the workout all over! Try to 5 minutes each day. Break into intervals if you need too!

I hope everyone enjoys the 4th! Working at a theme park, I'm at work, but doing nothing. It's stupid.
  • AmberM6912
    AmberM6912 Posts: 79
    Options
    I was at 138.6 this morning. Finally into the 130's!!!!! I can't believe it considering I've been moving and eating out for convenience and today I have been eating all kinds of holiday stuff. Glad we don't weigh in again for another 2 weeks haha.

Hope everyone has a good rest of the holiday!!
  • laurad1406
    laurad1406 Posts: 341
    Options
    well, i'm at 145.8, which is a little bit of a gain, but i'm not stressing. I was completely lazy with hardly any exercise this weekend, and drank and ate too much....ugh. I have no one to blame but myself. Now, back on the wagon!!

I hope you all had a great weekend! did anyone do anything exciting?!
  • Drunkadelic
    Options
    Well this sucks. I gained a WHOPPING 3.5 lbs this weekend. Ugh I wasn't good by any means, but I wasn't that bad :( I just don't get it. I feel like I will never be able to eat maintenance calories again without gaining weight. I am having the hardest time with this weight loss. uuugh. I know it's probably just water (isn't it always) but I swear I drank so much water trying to combat the extra sodium!!

Okay, here is this week's weigh-in *sob* - 154.2

Makes me want to cry just looking at it.

In other news, I worked my way up from 25 push-ups to over 40 without stopping last week!!! I will take that as a win and go on with my life.
  • danellajade
    Options
    weighing in at 60.3kg 132lbs which if I can remember correctly is down 1.7kg or 3.7lbs wooo!!! FYI im doing Dukan diet at the moment. :)
  • osucristina
    Options
    Angela- I mean, when I put back on weight, I just tell myself- that's ok, I still don't weigh as much as I used too! LOL and 40 push-ups IS A FEAT! Great job!

So for those of you that have done the 30 Day Shred- I have a question. I have been preached too that you need rest days, your muscles need to rest and rebuild. So I'm wondering how safe it is to do this every day? MY BODY IS SCREAMING AT ME. Literally. I can barely walk down the stairs, or type as my arms are hurting so bad. Today I had to do the modified easy versions because I was so sore from day 1. Anyone else have this trouble or am I just a big fat extremely out of shape baby?
  • Drunkadelic
    Options
    You're muscles need some time to recover and re-build!! You've broken the fibers down and that's why you are sore! Drink lots of water, eat a banana and take tomorrow off from the 30 day shred. But you can still do some sort of cardio, just no weights! Then jump back into the shred on Thursday.

But that's just what I would do :)
  • charc16
    charc16 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies! Sorry I didn't weigh in yesterday, but I was at 154.8. Up a little, but considering it was a weekend full of eating, brinking and cake I am not too concerned. I hope everyone had a great 4th!

Christina- when I first started the Shred I was super sore also, but I don't think I took a rest day until like...day 6 or something. I did the last 15 days straight without breaks. I have heard of people who go all 30 days without stopping. It took me a total of probably 35 days to finish or something. Good luck! It will get better (well at least the soreness will get better. There is nothing that can be done for Jillian's annoyingness)
  • CaseyBee
    CaseyBee Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I weighed in at 134.5 this morning, which is about 1lb heavier than last time, but it sounds like we all made about the same food choices this weekend, and I wasn't concerned about it. I had no access to the internet all weekend, and decided not to stress! :)

Christina - I was incredibly sore for probably the first week of Ripped in 30, and it wasn't until I started the second week that I felt like a normal human again. I kinda figured that was how it was for everybody and suffered through it, but maybe I ought to have taken a break? :) Ah well. Whatever you decide, you can do it!
  • osucristina
    Options
    Charlotte- Ahahaha. Luckily, I've already memorized the sequence, so I play music, but everytime I do it I think.. "Jillian, YOU LOOK LIKE A MAN!".

Angela- I'm def thinking about taking a rest day. I can barely move and I KNOW that's not good for my body, at least not until it gets easier.

I'm waiting for my dang bananas to get ripe. I like them a little green- but these are all the way green. I tried to eat one anyway, BUT MAN- don't ever try to eat an unripe banana. DISGUSTING.
  • Drunkadelic
    Options
    OMG I'm so glad I'm not the only person who thinks Jillian is super annoying!

But I did see her on an episode of the doctors when I was home with my wisdom teeth crap and I kinda liked her (as she was just being a normal human being instead of a crazed drill Sargent)