Young Working Women (career, not corner) *CLOSED GROUP*

Options

Replies

• charc16
    charc16 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Ok, here it is! SO SO GOOD!!!!!! I got it from the skinnytaste website (THANK YOU to whoever told me about that)...here is the link:http://www.skinnytaste.com/2008/11/turkey-stuffed-peppers-45-pts.html

And here is the final product!

stuffedpepper.jpg

edit: Came to around 360 calories for the full pepper, stuffed and delicious!
  • osucristina
    osucristina Posts: 197
    Options
    I don't know how to post a pic :( wahhhh! But mine were amazing also! I kept mine veggie, and they came in about 170 something cals per half. I WAS SO STUFFED!
  • charc16
    Options
    Don't worry. I saw yours on Twitter :)

The way I post a pic is:

1) make a Photobucket account
    2) Upload photos from your files
    3) Once the photo is uploaded into Photobucket on the left hand side there are all these options like email, link...or something. Anyways, there is one called Image Code -just click it and your computer copies the link.
    4) Come in here and paste the link. There is stuffstuffstuffstuff.stuff...all you have to do is change the on both ends to lower case and post it!  I don't know if this sounds easy or not, but it is!
  • Drunkadelic
    Drunkadelic Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    I love skinny taste. When I get some motivation I'll post a picture of the rainbow cheesecake cups I made last night (they look so cool) But right now, I'm just super bummed out so motivation is completely gone.
  • laurad1406
    laurad1406 Posts: 341
    Options
    Gayle- That dress is beautiful!!! I can't wait to see pics of you in it though! You're going to look amazing.

Charlotte- that looks so good! All this talk about stuffed peppers has me really thinking I'll be using that green pepper in my fridge....tonight haha.

Ange, what's wrong?? Why are you feeling so down!?
  • osucristina
    Options
    I just have to say that I have not stuck with my "give your body a break" workout challenge. Because of that, I'm starting to feel the effects. My mental clarity is low, I've forgotten about "ME" and focused on burning cals to make up for all those office muffins I ate. I'm going to revisit this, and come back next week with something more specific.
  • Drunkadelic
    Options
    ohkay I'm better. I've decided to do "maintenance" for a week or so and then re-evaluate a plan.

And anyone have a BodyMedia they want to give me? I want to try it but I don't want to pay for it :-P
  • Drunkadelic
    Options
    And as promised.... rainbow cheesecake cups!!! AAAnd only 111 calories :D

I'll post recipe and more pictures in a blog later.

23m7a50.jpg
  • CaseyBee
    CaseyBee Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Ang, those cupcakes look delightful. :)

(I'm back! Woo!)

I think my favorite songs to work out with are
    1. Katy Perry - California Girls
    2. Jump - Flo Rida
    3. Remember The Name - Fort Minor
    4. Coming Undone - Korn
    5. Stupify - Disturbed

aaaaaand...

6. Miley Cyrus - Party in the USA

Yay for eclectic ipods! :) I totally missed you guys, btw. Vacation was fun, made all kinds of awful food choices and enjoyed it all. Best part is, I don't feel terrible, because I already know exactly what to do to "fix it". Here's to fresh starts!
  • Drunkadelic
    Options
    Ang, those cupcakes look delightful. :)

(I'm back! Woo!)

I think my favorite songs to work out with are
    1. Katy Perry - California Girls
    2. Jump - Flo Rida
    3. Remember The Name - Fort Minor
    4. Coming Undone - Korn
    5. Stupify - Disturbed

aaaaaand...

6. Miley Cyrus - Party in the USA

Yay for eclectic ipods! :) I totally missed you guys, btw. Vacation was fun, made all kinds of awful food choices and enjoyed it all. Best part is, I don't feel terrible, because I already know exactly what to do to "fix it". Here's to fresh starts!

Thanks!! And I'm so glad I'm not the only one who listens to Disturbed and Korn when working out sometimes!! I was feeling a bit weird about it since guys only tend to like that stuff :P
  • CaseyBee
    Options
    I was feeling a bit weird about it since guys only tend to like that stuff :P

Not at all! Well, I worked in the Weight Room at my university's gym, and got quite the taste for that type of music while I was in there. I had more guys than I could count coming up to me and asking whose ipod was playing over the soundsystem, since it couldn't possibly be mine. Uhh, nope. I like this music too. Thanks, fella. :)
  • charc16
    Options
    Welcome back Casey!!

I have a question. On Monday I will be heading to Kansas City for the week for our convention. I am super nervous! I have to run an hour and a half workshop for ~200 people. But that is besides the point. I know that some of you travel for work and I am wondering if/how you love the food (I know just about everything will be plated hotel meals, eating in the hotel, etc.) My office is basically running the convention, so there is really no time to sit down and eat/study the menu and the rest of the meals are pre-selected. Finally, do you guys work out while you are in hotels? I think this may be a bit of a lofty goal for me since I am basically on-call from 8am - 10pm every day, but who knows. I think thinking about sticking a JM tape in my bag.

Anyways, that's all. Hope everyone is having a great weekend!
  • CaseyBee
    Options
    I had originally planned to bring my JM R30 DVD with me to Oregon, but somehow I got talked out of it ("We'll be hiking EVERY DAY! You won't need it!") and very much regretted leaving it behind. I had all kinds of unexpected free time, and could have probably done it every day. I think it's better to bring it and be prepared than to wish you had it and not.

Does the hotel have a workout room? It may be easier to just stick to JM in your room if your being on call is time-sensitive ("Hang on, let me run back to my room, shower, and meet you in 30!") but having a treadmill at your disposal may be good for one or two hotel-meal hangups, if you know what I mean... :)
  • KeshiaV
    KeshiaV Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Funny- I just read an article about hotel room workouts. It consisted completely of moves you can do in a basic hotel room with no extra equipment. From what I can remember, it had crunches on the bed with your shoulders/ head hanging over the edge and your arms supporting your head. Apparently doing crunches on the bed requires more effort because you have to work harder to stabilize yourself. Also, they mentioned chair lifts/squats. I would google hotel room workouts and see what other exercises you can come up with :)
  • charc16
    Options
    Thanks ladies!!

I leave early tomorrow morning for Kansas City. I will try to check in but probably won't be logging much (I wouldn't even know where to start...)

I get back next Sunday and then fly home on Wednesday night, where I will be spending my days laying by the pool/at the beach and eating all the delicious things I can't get in Colorado - Dunkin Donuts mainly. I was hoping to be under 150 by the time I got home, but I think everyone will still be pretty impressed to see me down 15 pounds, and even though I won't look awesome in my bikini, I'm, still gonna rock it!

Hope you all have a great next couple of weeks. I'll miss you!!

p.s.- is there a weigh-in tomorrow? I can't remember. But I was 152.0 this morning.
  • AmberM6912
    AmberM6912 Posts: 79
    Options
    Good morning ladies!

I am weighing in at 138.8 this morning. Up a pound, but not bad considering I just got back from a week at the beach. I'm still below 140!! I'm off to my first day of a new job! Super nervous, but here goes nothing!!
  • twistyBee
    twistyBee Posts: 63
    Options
    I travel just about everyother week for work and a make sure to always bring workout clothes, you never know when you are going to have some down time. I also make sure to bring my 30DS DVD with me always for those days I dont have time to put in a full workout at the gym.

Amber. good luck at the new job and congrats on staying below 140!!! you are some serious motivation for me right now!

I am weighing in at 144, same as last week but I am still 3 lbs down from my original weight when I started MFP about a month ago! Always trying to find the silver lining :smile:

Hope you ladies have a great day!!
  • osucristina
    Options
    My lovely little ladies- I'm coming off a busy week last week and into a busy day today. I skimmed over all your posts (Angela- cupcakes-droool-me, lucky for me I don't like cheesecake lol) but will catch up more tomorrow!

I'm checking in today at 152.1 (woohoo another pound down which is nice cuz I ate pizza last night and woke up all bloated. Blahh) I'll come back tomorrow with new challenges!

Charlotte- totally bring the 30DS with you, or if you have a comp, check out bodyrock.tv- awesome in house workouts!

xoxo
  • twistyBee
    twistyBee Posts: 63
    Options
    Do any of you eat Activia? I have been eating it for weeks now & haven't felt the effects. I have however noticed, that the week I didnt have any Activia is when I started loosing weight and have felt less bloated. I have a few more of the vanilla ones I have to finish, because I hate to waste food, but once those are gone, I don't plan on eating it anymore. Anyone else have experiences with Activia?
  • Drunkadelic
    Options
    I'm not weighing in this week, sorry ladies. After a much needed "mental health" weekend, I am now carrying a 5lb food/water baby.

And twistyBee, I used to eat Activia but I only noticed a slight change. I switched over to greek yogurt because of the protein and taking a probiotic capsule every morning instead. What I notice helps the most is fiber and water!