How did you meet your significant other????

Options
14567810»

Replies

• TheNewStacie
    TheNewStacie Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I moved to FL to help my mom with a surgery she was having. I was 19, he was 26 at the time. My now-husband lived across the street and had taken care of her dog while she was gone. When he brought the garage door opener back, I remember thinking "Wow, he's really good looking!" My mom had bought a gift card for him, and of course I volunteered to take it over to him. Since it was an Applebee's card, I made up a lie about planning to go there that evening if he wanted to join. We've been pretty much inseperable since then. We've been together over 8 years now, have a 5 y/o and plan to have more.
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    How we should have met: we were in the same graduate school program but no didn't meet that way.
    How we sort of met: On the phone he was an intern for a consulting firm for the city I had started as an intern for. He was calling for information. He mentioned we were in the same program together.
    How we really met in person: At a Church group called Simplified Lifestyle. We knew who each other was and spent the whole meeting talking. He ended up asking my brother-in-law for my number. The meeting was at my sisters house.
    We have been married for 28 1/2 years. Have two "children". We have alot in common but are very different and that keeps it interesting.
  • xNightguestx
    xNightguestx Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Friends annual fancy dress party, I was new to the group...got chatting to my now boyfriend about music and drums (he is a drummer) and it took off from there. Four years later and still strong :) Oh did I mention he was wearing a corset and knee high latex boots! lmao
  • maddymama
    maddymama Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    We met at a Saturn car dealership. I was getting my oil changed, he was getting his window fixed.
    :-)
    We've been together for 14 years, and happily married for 11.
  • maddymama
    maddymama Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    double post.
  • dannidomer
    dannidomer Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    blind date
  • tladame
    tladame Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Friends annual fancy dress party, I was new to the group...got chatting to my now boyfriend about music and drums (he is a drummer) and it took off from there. Four years later and still strong :) Oh did I mention he was wearing a corset and knee high latex boots! lmao

Yowsah! Just had a Tim Curry / Frank N. Furter flashback. ((swoon!))
  • try2basunbeam
    Options
    SO...
    I was 21...fresh 21..3rd time in a bar...did a bikini contest..won 3rd place (cuz I was the newbie...you know how it is...)
    My friends went to drop off one girl's boyfriend at his house. They said it'd only be "a minute" so I stayed in the car. knee high boots and mini skirt--drunk--very drunk---someone came out to the car. I was freezing. This person wrapped a blanket around me and walked me into this house. When I got inside, they stood me in front of the fireplace -I suppose to thaw me out. I asked "Who brought me this blanket" He said, "I did." I said "Thanks" and proceeded to pass out on the floor.

Hours later, they woke me up to ask me all sorts of stupid questions--you know, the who was your first, would you do this, what would you do here...blah blah blah...I heard his voice from behind me but was too afraid to look back. Imean, I had a boyfriend--a loser alcohlic, had to drag him out of the bars cuz he had passed out on the counter type drunk-- and well, anyway, when I finally looked at him, he looked like Mic Jagger--seriously!

I had to go home(this was the next morning) and he asked if he could take me out to breakfast. I was like, umm, I live an hour away. He was like, OK and so he took me to breakfast at Denny's and then he took me home. To make a long story short, we spent the next 48 hours together solid until he kissed me in the parking lot of Casa Rebecca (he took me there cuz my name is Rebecca)--I'm not that kind of girl! I had a boyfriend and so I made him take me home. He waited at a bar down the road until I would tell him whether I was going back with him to the club that night. I didn't. I dumped the loser drunk. My hubby owns a cabinet shop so I went to work for him under the premis that I was in no way shape or form his girlfriend. He could not touch me. LOL Eventually I let him. And I've been married to him for 9 years.

There is SO much more to this story, but who am I to bore you with details! LOL
  • jdm0804
    jdm0804 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    In middle school I had heard my girlfriends name, but was never able to put a name with a face until I watched them wheel her to the nurse because she passed out in the lunch line.

Fast forward a couple years, and her best friend and my best friend started dating. So we would talk a little bit, but nothing too serious. It wasn't until sophomore year that we really started to hit it off. I sat behind her in Spanish class, and would spend the whole period just mercilessly teasing her. It was all completely innocent. But we became really good friends, and started hanging out and talking more. Nothing came of it. That I could tell, anyway.

Fast forward to college. She went to school in our hometown, and I moved off. One day, after talking to her at length, I decided that any girl I get with would have to be okay with my best friend being a girl. Well, then the feelings started creeping up. It took me several months to decide that I really wanted to date her, and when I finally did, she looked at me and said "I've had a crush on you since sophomore year of high school!"

So she followed me out to college, then we broke up. Sad day. But really, we went from holding hands in front of everyone to holding hands in secret, so...you know. Well, she got tired of that arrangement, and ended it for reals.

2 years later, we started talking again, and eventually decided that we need to be together. Talks are currently underway to begin the engagement process! I can't imagine loving anybody else!
  • CynthiaS
    CynthiaS Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    My hubby & I met at a Bbq he showed up in uniform ( had just gotten off duty) we got to talking he had been in the navy about 4 years at that point. I was in my senior year of high school we starting dating in the fall & went to prom together :) now 7 years later we have survived 5 deployments 8 moves & and have never been happier and, are going to try and start a family very soon !!!!
  • Ckonner
    Ckonner Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I met my husband through a mutual friend. We dated off and on for a year then I got tired of waiting and decided to date another guy. Next day at work I got two dozen red roses delivered to me with a note saying that he couldn't live without me. We will celebrate our 8th wedding anniversary on the 28th of June with our three beautiful children.
  • sauerkrautpolka
    sauerkrautpolka Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I met my husband at the place we both worked at over 10 years ago. We met in the summer of 2000, became fast friends and then fell in love. We were married a few months later, that November. We celebrate our 11 year anniversary this year.