How did you meet your significant other????

Options

Replies

• HartJames
    HartJames Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    I met my husband at my favorite coffee shop's open mic night. He was there to sing. I was SOOOO sick of dating & though there were sparks, I tried to keep it as friends, after all, he actually lived 100 miles away and was all wrong for me (or so I thought-jaded as I was). Little did I know, that night on his long drive home he began writing a song about me, while I convinced myself I had just met my new best friend. A lot of hours on the phone, many more driving- 6 weeks later, at that same open mic, he sang that song, titled in my name and my heart caved in. We were engaged a little over a year later and married in May 2011 in a bohemian glam backyard DIY wedding with a coffe shop reception. Had guitar pics with our names and date as favors and open mic performers we loved sang the night away :)
  • theonlywayj316
    Options
    College. He convinced me to come to his house with the great pick up line: "Come to my house. I have a swimming pool and a *kitten* ton of mac n cheese."

It worked. C:
  • Happyhappy352
    Options
    I was the waitress and he was the chef.
  • nicolerah
    nicolerah Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    bump... these stories are wonderful!! I'm still single though so I have none to share!
  • anulle2009
    anulle2009 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    I met my hubby on Match.com!
  • anulle2009
    anulle2009 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    College. He convinced me to come to his house with the great pick up line: "Come to my house. I have a swimming pool and a *kitten* ton of mac n cheese."

It worked. C:

I LOVE IT!!!!!
  • BJPCraig
    BJPCraig Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I met my boyfriend of almost six years when we worked together at McDonald's after high school. And guess what? I'm lovin' it! :P

Nice to know that SOMETHING good came out of a Micky D's! ;-)
  • BJPCraig
    BJPCraig Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    My wife & I met thru a dating service, PerfectMatch. I requested an "intro;" she accepted and I got her contact info. I usually waited a few days before contacting girls who accepted my requests (didn't want to see TOO desperate). I went out on my birthday and came home to find a message from her on my machine wondering why I hadn't called yet! I called her back, we talked, and we went out the following week.

Our first Valentine's Day together we took a cruise and went to Disney World. A few months after that I moved in with her. That fall we got engaged and the following Memorial Day weekend we got married. This year will be our 9th anniversary and everyday I'm more in love with her.
  • angryguy77
    angryguy77 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Drunk at a bar on campus.
  • jend114
    jend114 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Me and my soon-to-be-ex-husband met at a gas station 7 years ago.
  • jend114
    jend114 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I met my hubby on Match.com!

Glad to know it works!
  • JDMPWR
    JDMPWR Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    I bought her online.....Dollars to Rubles.....such a great exchange rate!
  • angryguy77
    angryguy77 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I bought her online.....Dollars to Rubles.....such a great exchange rate!

Don't forget the return/exchange policy, it can't be beat.
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    My then roommate had a tabletop roleplaying group where her ex-boyfriend was GM.

Said ex-boyfriend GM and his wife also played City of Heroes.

A certain hot dude played City of Heroes too and joined their tabletop RPG.

Then roommate invited group over to our place for a game and dinner.

Voila! 10 months later, hot dude finally asked me out on a date. :smile:
  • brewingaz
    brewingaz Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    I clubbed the b*tch over her head just over 8 years ago and drug her back to my place. We've been together ever since.

In reality, I popped into the Arizona AOL chat room for a quick minute to harass one of my friends who was in there. Turns out this girl (my now wife) messaged me out of no where right as I was closing out of the room. So for the hell of it, I stayed and chatted with her and ended up marrying her about 2 years later.
  • JDMPWR
    JDMPWR Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    My then roommate had a tabletop roleplaying group where her ex-boyfriend was GM.

Said ex-boyfriend GM and his wife also played City of Heroes.

A certain hot dude played City of Heroes too and joined their tabletop RPG.

Then roommate invited group over to our place for a game and dinner.

Voila! 10 months later, hot dude finally asked me out on a date. :smile:

Do you guys play Magic as well?
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    Loads of online dating and gaming meets here!

I'd been to a girl-geek journalist dinner where there was free booze all night. My friend and I went to a nearby pub, but she bumped into an ex who upset her, so we went somewhere else. There were two guys at the bar leering at us, one short, old and married, the other cute. I wiggled between them to get to the bar and the cute one bought me a drink.

He had an accent which I couldn't make out because he also had a stammer, so I asked him where he was from and he asked me to guess. I said he must be Polish. He's Welsh! Told you I was drunk!

Turned out he was the pub chef and lived upstairs. I didn't believe him, so he showed me his room, but he only got a kiss and my number that night!

To my surprise, he called and we started going out. We'd only been together three months when he lost his job and his room, so I boldly suggested he could move in until he found something else. He got another job straight away, but two and a half years later he's never quite got round to moving out!
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    I met my husband on okcupid.com. Our first conversation was about the worst date I had ever been on the night before. His response was "So, what are you doing this weekend?"

:)
  • ladybug1620
    ladybug1620 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    I met my husband 10 years ago. My younger sister, who was 14 at the time, was "dating" this guy. My mom would drop her off at his house to hang out and what not. She would always come home and tell me he had a step brother that I had to meet. And she would always tell him about me. He kept telling her to bring me over, but I never went because I was always busy. I finally went one day and met him, and we've been together ever since. My sister and her little boyfriend broke up like a week later, as did my husband's dad and the boyfriend's mom. So if I had waited just a week or so longer, I probably never would have met him. Fate much? :)
  • mishelnkiki
    mishelnkiki Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    I met mine in a bar. yupp. a bar. a year ago. and i wish i had never stepped foot in that bar. lol. jk jk hes ok i suppose.