How did you meet your significant other????

Options

Replies

• beccyleigh
    beccyleigh Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    In Thailand, where I was living in between traveling the world. He came to look for work on the island on Koh samui & only planned to stay 2 weeks before heading back up country. We met, I went home for 3 months, he stayed in Samui waiting for me & when I got back it all went from there. :love: Been married 8 years, together nearly 11 & have a son just turned 4.

Typically my style that I had to go to the other side of the world to find a man I could put up with for longer than a few hours (I am v v independent) lucky he is laid back & neither of us is possessive or jealous. not perfect but then neither am I.

We moved to UK in 2004 & have been here most of the time since. We plan to move back to Thailand one day & become farmers on our 50 acre plot. Just need to win the lottery first. :smooched:
  • justsummie
    justsummie Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I met my wife Via Facebook. I had just gotten out of a string of bad relationships and claimed to be done with all women. Two days later, I got a message saying she was moving back to the area and looking for some friends to hang out with, would I like to be a friend. We started hanging out, watching movies, dating, and that was five years ago. We are now living in Austin, TX, ( where she had moved back from, coming up on our fourth wedding anniversary (Oct.) and have a beautiful girl together. The wonders of social networking.

Ummmm...yeah. We met on Myspace.....

Love you anyway!!!

:heart: :heart: :heart: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :heart: :heart::heart:
  • madamelaporte
    madamelaporte Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Pierre lived in France and worked in Geneva, Switzerland and I was living in Switzerland as a nanny. A friend from Oz was over visiting as she used to nanny in Switzerland also and she was staying in the same part of France as Pierre lived. Anyway on a night out I wasnt feeling great so said I was going home and if she wanted a lift back it was now or never. So I took her home and about 2 miles before the border into France there was a motorbike infront of us, suddenly the car in front of it slammed his brakes on and the bike went smashing into the back of it, riders head through back windscreen etc bike flew one way, rider the other. I slammed on my handbrake and jumped out of the car and ran to the rider - Pierre. He didnt speak great English and my french was practically non existant. Anyway I had a clean towel and a bottle of water in the car and he had cut both his legs (one of them really deep) and his chin - he had already removed his helmet tut tut. So I washed out all the wounds to get rid of any dirt and sat with him until the ambulance arrived. I then followed the ambulance and sat in the hospital with him for 6 hours whilst he was stitched up etc. We were friends for ages but we both secretly wanted more. This all happened in August and in the May he went away for a week to see his parents and seeing as we were seeing each other about 2/3 times a week I found myself really missing him so sent him a message saying so and he came back the next day and we both tiptoed around our feelings then kissed at the bus-stop as I left to get home and thats our story :) It was also printed in a UK magazine which we got paid for and they flew over to Geneva for a photoshoot of where we met :)
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    on faceparty nearly 6 years ago.

dont know if that site is even still going
  • xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    a gay prom in PSL florida at a bar called REBAR
  • rita27ny
    rita27ny Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    I need a boyfriend. I'm single and fat. I have been dieting and excersing everyday.
  • Tankplanker
    Tankplanker Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    About 18 years ago at a part time job we both did while at Uni. She was going out with somebody else (a real scum bag) at the time so I had to wait a while before she'd broke up with him, got over him and then I made my move. Still loving every minute of it as she is such an amazing person, so pretty and my best friend.
  • Cristy_AZ
    Cristy_AZ Posts: 986
    Options
    We lived in the same apartment complex, he'd seen me, I hadn't noticed him (yet), he wanted to meet me (his friends told him not to bother -- you know nice girls like that don't go around with guys like you"). He happened to walk by my open doorway and asked for a smoke, we started talking, I told him I just ordered a pizza, he asked if he went and got beer if he could join me, I said OK, he came back with beer.... he spent the night... we got married 6 months later (almost to the day)... that was 25 years and lots and lots of pizza and beer ago!! :-D
  • audigal2008
    audigal2008 Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    My hubby and I met when we were 14ish in highschool! We are 31 and 33 now. We have had some rough times but were proud to say we have been together for 18 yrs ! We got pregnant when I was 15 yrs old (eeekkk I know) Our daughter is soon to be 16. We then had a son as well! He is 7! We are eachothers best friends! I Think we have been together so long, we have the same brain! <3
  • bloodbank
    bloodbank Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Aww, some of these are super cute.

I met my husband in a parking lot at 3am when I was 18 - he was just getting into his car & I was walking by. I don't know why we started chatting with each other, but we did, and since he didn't seem like a creep I told him that he should join me in going to 7-11 several blocks away where I was going to grab a slurpee. He agreed, and we ended up strolling around together until the sun started coming up, just talking. He didn't murder me and I thought he was pretty funny & cute, so I gave him my phone number. This coming fall we'll have been together 13 years!
  • katschi
    katschi Posts: 689 Member
    Options

I met my husband in a parking lot at 3am when I was 18 - he was just getting into his car & I was walking by. I don't know why we started chatting with each other, but we did, and since he didn't seem like a creep I told him that he should join me in going to 7-11 several blocks away where I was going to grab a slurpee. He agreed, and we ended up strolling around together until the sun started coming up, just talking. He didn't murder me and I thought he was pretty funny & cute, so I gave him my phone number. This coming fall we'll have been together 13 years!

Not murdering you was a good sign he was a keeper! :bigsmile:

eta: This is a lovely story. Congratulations on 13 years. :flowerforyou:
  • audigal2008
    audigal2008 Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options

Not murdering you was a good sign he was a keeper! :bigsmile:

hahahaha ya! Id say!

eta: This is a lovely story. Congratulations on 13 years. :flowerforyou:
  • kristidem
    kristidem Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    We met at a college leadership outing back in 1993. One night of the long weekend, he went for a walk, so I invited myself to go with him. Of course, even before that night as I was waiting with the others by the van, I saw him walk across the campus with a mutal friend. I knew then that was it! We married in 1999, and now have an 8 year old son.
  • lilac01
    lilac01 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I was at my friends place and he was there too. He gave me his number when I was about to leave and we've been dating since then.
  • MrsMills712
    MrsMills712 Posts: 350
    Options
    We were co-workers. He trained me when I started my job. I had a crush on him only to find out he was already dating someone. His girlfriend and I became good friends. The girlfriend cheated on him. He turned to me for friendship and support. During this time, he fell for me. Problem was, I had started dating someone else. We became even closer friends. He fell in love with me. He didn't date anyone and watched me stay with this other guy for 3 years, never holding back his feelings from me. It became really hard to be in a relationship with someone while there is someone else telling you everyday that they would make you happier, and they loved you more. I ended up leaving my boyfriend and started dating my husband. We've been together ever since, 7 years now :) Oh, my hubby's ex is still one of my best friends, and was the maid of honor at our wedding. ;) It was an interesting speech....
  • VegGrrl
    VegGrrl Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    We met at the Million Dollar Cowboy Bar in Jackson, WY. He had a bet with his buddy that he could get the next girl to walk through the door to dance with him. I was that girl. I had just moved to town 2 days before, fresh from NYC. He was a cowboy/hunting guide in town for his day off. I didn't want to dance with him but my mom urged me to since he was so cute (she was there at a real estate convention). We've been married 22 years. :love:

And that hunting guide was vegan before I was! :ohwell:
  • Newmammaluv
    Newmammaluv Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    My husband started out as a creepy myspace stalker! :laugh:
  • Dagnytaggert
    Options
    We met while deployed to Iraq. He was redeployed 6 months before I was, but he wrote to me every day the sweetest email love letters. I have been back a year and we are still going strong.
  • flgirlsteph
    flgirlsteph Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    On a dating site but mfp did bring closer funny i know lmao
  • sportsjunkee70
    sportsjunkee70 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I haven't met her yet but I keep telling myself that I will one of these days