Loserville Challenge 3 (CLOSED GROUP)

Options

Replies

• rachypompa
    rachypompa Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Hi all

Guy Fawkes sent me AWOL! I was doing OK on Friday, given that it was my rest day, and then the kids at school gave me some flowers and chocolate (they're leaving for their exams) and that was it, slightly over went wild, we took the kids out to see the fireworks and I had MORE chocolate there ... then I felt all sorry for myself on Saturday, didn't do my planned run, didn't eat properly because I was going out for dinner, bit of a "what's the point" day. Then today did a great bike ride with a good friend, and felt like I could take it all in my stride again. Hope those couple of days don't mess up my whole week. Fingers crossed, but I'm back on top again ... and it's points week! Woohooo!

R for recipe: roasted mediteranean veggies, one big eggplant (augergine) chopped into half lengthways and the other way then each quarter chopped into quarter wedges, 3 or 4 courgettes (zuchinni) chop in a simialr way, a few mushrooms, a capsicum chopoed put in a roasting tray with 2 tblspoons of Olive oil and 2 tablespoons of balsamic season with salt and pepper and bake in an 200c oven, for about 20 mins, toss every 5 mins. Yummy!

This weeks exercise challenges ...

1. 50 jumping jacks & 30 ab crunches
    2. 30 burpies & 25 tricep dips
    3. 30 squats & 30 push ups
    4. 30 bicep curls & 30 jumping twists
    5. 50 high knees & 30 chest flys on the floor (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6v0KAd8U9ZY)
    6. Walk/ run/ jog a mile/ 1.6km that you wouldn't normally have & 50 ab crunches

Wow Becky, you sound like you've had a mad time. What's happened with quitting your job? Tell us all about it!

I can sense you're going to be hard to beat this week Jenn! You're pushing yourself hard, I hope it works out.

Courtney you sound onto it atm girl, thanks for checking out my food diary, it's good to know people have a look, might help me to think twice next time I decide to eat chocolate!!! LOL.
  • poorcopies
    poorcopies Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Play all finished, went amazingly!

Back on it today, just did my Wii zumba and logging starts with ernest. Please feel free to comment on my lack of food diary if it's not logged!
  • chiliflea
    chiliflea Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    Room for a (not so) little one?

Hows everyone doing? I've been "maintaining" since I've been away - well still gaining and losing the same 5lbs anyway as far as I know as my scales broke!

Still undergoing tests with the doctors atm to try and determine what the problem is... Had a pelvic scan last friday so just waiting on the results of that at the end of the month... It's proper doing my head in!

Have been back at the boxercise and the gym though... Did a 2 hour session last Thursday! And having a regression hypnotherapy session on tuesday too to try and see if there's an underlying root to my overeating or maybe a reason why i maybe subconsciously want to stay fat... Should be interesting!

Think it will take me an age to catch up on all the posts so hope everyone has been doing well

xxx
  • rachypompa
    Options
    Welcome home Claire! We've missed you, and are over the moon that you're home!

link to spreadsheet ...

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aq0fwi7BJUivdEUzSlhVeHZhZ2NPOXNMT0EwRkgyM2c#gid=4
  • poorcopies
    Options
    Yay Claire!

Well just logged and I was over, but it's going to take me a few days to get back into the habit of eating within a calorie goal, plus it was my boyfriends birthday meal!

He is back on MFP with me and we've planned our lunches / dinners for the whole week to try and be disciplined so hopefully that will stand us in good stead! He's doing the 30 Day Shred every morning before work and I'm going to do Wii Zumba every evening as well as my exercise challenges from here! We are off on holiday in three weeks, so want to see how much we can drop before then.
  • jellyfishjen
    jellyfishjen Posts: 1,787 Member
    Options
    YAY Claire is home. :smile: You are making lots of right moves in getting yourself in the right frame of mind, and checking for any under lying problems. All the best to you.

Beccy has finished her play. :flowerforyou: And is making positive moves to get back on track.

Monday = 'L' Weight Loss Report
    At last I'm back on track, back down again to 92.7kg. (I was 92.5kg 4 weeks ago). Big drop last week but really after the 27km walk and TOM I expected some positive move. I just hope I can keep it moving in that direction. I'm sure going to try my hardest. Got up this morning and straight away did Jillian Michaels 30 DS I'm on level 1 day 7. Have decided to try and do it most mornings while I am fresh.

Have a great Monday everyone.
  • chiliflea
    chiliflea Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    Boxercise this morning... I've kinda decided I'm still not going to calorie count - just try and make good choices but I'm going to keep up with what you guys are up to on the thread if that's ok?
  • rachypompa
    Options
    You do what you need to Claire, and just know that it's just lovely to have you back.

I've been struggling ... ate a bit too much early on, so went for a run before dinner ... still went over my cals, so went for another run after dinner ... came back ravenous, and went over my calories ...so was all that running pointless!? I don't know, anyway I'm off to bed, bike to bootcamp for me tomorrow! I truly am bonkers.
  • jellyfishjen
    Options
    Claire, its lovely having you back to chat with us. Sharing and caring is what is important and you do what you need to do.:love:

Rach, good on you for trying to burn your calories. I'm sure it would have been some help, got your metabolism going or something like that. :smokin:

I went to Zumba tonight and nearly passed out. I had to miss half of the last routine and warrm down. I listened to the warning signs, dizzy, instructor blurry. It has been a very hot and humid day. Our studio has fans but not air con. It could be that or I've over done it. Doing Jillian Michaels 30 ds every day as well. Started after the 27km walk. So haven't really rested but I don't feel like I need a rest day. So I think its the heat. I feel fine now just tired and ready for bed. Thats the other thing haven't been sleeping well so that doesn't help. I will see how I go, I might have to consider doing aqua aerobics for the summer. which would also give my hips a break. I have been wondering why i have sore hips. I was blamming it on trying to run. Dah!! has anyone tried Zumba A LOT OF HIP WORK and i only realised that tonight. :blushing:

Goodnight all.
  • fuhrmeister
    fuhrmeister Posts: 1,796 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone.

Claire - so glad to have you back. Please do keep us up to date on how you are doing and keep working on yourself in whatever way you think is best :)

Jenni - So glad to see you kicking butt and gettign back on track :)

Rach- I have teh up and down days too. it's 9am her and I have already had 600cals. I'm sure your running the other day did help. I think it is better to be active nad over than lazy and over.

Becci - so glad the play went well and that you are back to logging and wii zumba. Keep up the good work and I know you'll see some results before your holiday. where are you going?

I lost 0.4lbs last week. I'm still having good days and bad days calorie wise. We have eated so much out latly b/c we have been super busy. it just seems like hubby and I never get enough time together. I better get my butt into gear the 3 biggest eatign days of teh year are coming up. Thanksgiving, My birthday and Christmas. Thank goodness Thanksgiving is fallowed by a huge day of shopping. That will get me on my feet. But I really want to see 199 by the end of the year so I better get cracking.

Have a great day ladies!
  • jellyfishjen
    Options
    Tueday. Good Morning Everyone.

OPENESS - I DON'T FEEL SO GOOD. But I'm going to try and push through it. Mosty just a sore throat.

I AM LAZY. I avoid housework. I need to catch up on so much paperwork. I have business in town to attend too. I should go visit my mum. My craft room is disgusting. I have windows to clean. Cupboards to clean out etc etc.

I SPEND WAY TOO MUCH TIME ON THE COMPUTER. Reading blogs, topics, etc will not help me get my jobs done. I need to step away from the computer. And I may even catch up on the above jobs.

I LOOK FORWARD EACH DAY TO TURNING ON THE COMPUTER AND LOOKING FOR MESSAGES FROM MY MFP FRIENDS. :love:

WISHING YOU ALL A BEAUTIFUL HEALTHY DAY. :flowerforyou:

PS COURTNEY, Your posts once again reminds me of a question. Why do celebrations always involve food? And not just food but over indulgence of food. Where did this tradition start. Why don't we celebrate birthdays with a 10km walk. :laugh: Probably because no one would want to come with us.
  • rachypompa
    Options
    Me too Jenn, being on the computer is the best form of procrastination I've found! It's funny 'cause I set the timer for the kids, no more than half an hour, but I need to log my food, and I come on to do that, then 20 mins later I think ... Oh yes, logging my food ....!
    Oh and my hubby is wanting to do a 100km run (ultramarathon) for his 40th BIrthday next year ... so maybe we're slowly moving away from food!! LOL! I imagine back in the day food was often difficult to come by, so having lots of it was a REAL treat.
  • jellyfishjen
    Options
    End of Tuesday. Getting use to being on my own. Actually like it. Much easier to stick to my eating plan. And I got my exercises done today. I hate Burpies. Just thought I would let you all know that. I also think you should all know that since cleaning out the bathroom cupboards I believe I should have the best skin, hair and nails in town. I also cleaned out under the kitchen sink and again I SHOULD have the cleanest house in town. Umm guess I should use some of these products.
  • fuhrmeister
    Options
    Tuesday has just begun today and it is election day. as soon as I get home form work this evening we are headed to the polls, on foot. Exercise and the democratic process. Then steak for dinner.

Openess: so i don't know if i have told you guys but my SIL Hubby's older sister is dieing. She has a quick progressing type of ALS which is a nervous system disorder that effects how the nurves control the muscles. Honestly we have no ide ahoow long she will be with us but the best guess would be months not years. really what i want to open up about is th fact that i hate going over to my MIL house to visit my SIL b/c everyone in teh house is so negative. Insted of trying to com up with ways my SIL can do things they keep making excuses about why she can't do things. I have been so excited about doing Thanksgiving at my house and it took all kinds of convencing my MIL that my SIL could tral 40min to my house for the holiday. i know it must be herd to view my SIL in he condition everyday but if we have poor attitudes so will my SIL and postiive thinking and lots of love is the best gift we can give her right now. Actually a povitive attitude and love and support are teh best gifts we can give anyone.

In conclusion i wqnt o let each of you nkwo you are important to me, i value you and i am behind you on this journey. have a blessed day and keep my famit in your thought that we get thorugh the holidays with smile on our faces :)
  • jellyfishjen
    Options
    WELCOMING WONDERFUL WEDNESDAY :heart:

Courtney you are so right to try and bring some positiveness into your SIL's life. Love and Happiness and Support is the best thing you can give her. It will be hard if others arounnd you don't have the same attitude but be strong and hopefully your attitude will spread around.

SO todays sharing tip. :flowerforyou: LIVE LIFE WITH A POSITIVE ATTITUDE.:flowerforyou:
  • fuhrmeister
    Options
    I walked to the polls an voted yesterday :) I'm pretty pround of myself , it was a short walk but I sure did want to drive instead.

Not sure if I'll exercie much today. Going to see my friend and her baby after work today.

TOM has me cravign chocolate like crazy today. Already had 3 fun size pieces. Iam totaly craving a big hamburger with bacon and cheese too. Oh well Hubby is roastign a chicken for dinner. That should be really good.

Healthy tip for today - walk when you can, to the store for a few things, to pick up your dinner or just to get out of your seat at work for a few. It's better than driving or just sitting around.
  • jellyfishjen
    Options
    Thursday. Good Morning.
    Thank goodness you are here Courtney, I was feeling lonely. good tip, walk whenever we can, take the stairs not the elevator or escalator. TOM can really ruin our calorie count. Not fair. Hope you went ok with your cravings.
    Into city today. Have been up and done my day 10 of 30 DS with sore arm so modified a lot of the moves but I really wanted to do it. Will keep rubbing it with linament today and if need be I guess I will have to take a rest day, at least from 30 DS. Can always walk.
    I think today's topic is exercise. Do you think its good to do different types? I'm thinking now that it has become hot and humid, I may need to look at doing aquaerobics, or working out inside under the fan. No more walks out in this heat. I do have a fan set up near the treadmill. so guess will be back on it. I'm also thinking I would like to a yoga class.
  • rachypompa
    Options
    Good Evening all!

Hope all is going well in the city Jenn. I reckon walking in the heat would be a great calorie burn Jenn! It's just starting to get a bit warmer here, kids were in the pool today, which was lovely, squeals of joy!

I was doing all good, then we went out shopping after school to get hubby a birthday present, so I let the kids have McDonalds, but Bill didn't want his fries ... guess who ate them. I was Ok about it, but when I got home and logged it. I was stunned, 230 calories, so in my inconsolable state I ate more ... chocolate ... so 340 over, which in the big scheme isn't terrible ... still below maintenance, but I hate it when my mood can control what goes in my mouth like that. Grrr at myself, but just have to stay inline as much as poss, rest day tomorrow ... might go plan that now, so I can aim to stay under!!

I've put the daily exercise challenges in column s on the spreadsheet, finding them was bugging me!

TOM is a pain in the bum Courtney, fight those urges girl!
  • fuhrmeister
    Options
    I did ok with TOm yesterday. I ate lots of chocolate but staye dunder my calories with a big salad for lunch and chcken for dinner. Still not feeling very full today. UGH! Will finish my 20oz bottle of water before I eat anything else though.

I guees as it gets hotter there it gets colder here. it's been around freezing in teh mornig then arms up into beautiful days. Still walking outside is sweat pants and layers in the evening. We are workign on our office. After Tanksgiving we will have teh treadmill in there so I can walk in the warmth and rain.

Jenni - The trainiers in my gym say it's a great idea to change up your exercise routine. I miss aqua aerobics the class starts to late for my scheduel since we moved. You are doing an aweseom job with the 30DS. I have never don eit more than 3 days in a row and I have never passed level 1.

Rach - I hate throwing out food but next time just take it stright to the trash can. But I know how it is when your mood takes over...I ate so much chocolate yesterday b/c of my mood. You are strong and you can resist the bad food.

have a great day ladies :)
  • poorcopies
    Options
    Hey everyone!

Still struggling to remember to log every day but been trying to keep within my calories goal and obviously doing something right as shifted 3 3/4 lbs this week! Hurrah!

Hope you ladies have a great weekend! :)