Loserville Challenge 3 (CLOSED GROUP)

Options

Replies

• FizzingWhizbee
    FizzingWhizbee Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies :smile:

Well I'm an idiot. I've been away to stay with a friend for just over a week and forgot to tell you all before I went so that you wouldn't think I'd fallen of the face of the planet. I'm home now anyway and will begin logging again today. Now I just need to scroll back and see what I've missed over the last week or so. Hope you're all doing okay. xxx
  • jellyfishjen
    jellyfishjen Posts: 1,787 Member
    Options
    Hi whizzy. Great having you back. 2am and I can't sleep. Probably due to all the crap I've eaten this last week. Another reason to eat well. Again promising myself to do better.
  • rachypompa
    rachypompa Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Welcome home whizzy

I loved our 1, 2, 3, 4 challenge this week. I almost managed to stay under my cals every day ... I really, really need to work on going to bed earlier, so I'm going to add in some points for getting enough sleep. For me that's 8 hours, I know that will be different for everyone, so I want you to say how many hours/ what time you'll go to bed, then we'll do 2 extra points for meeting that goal. Is there anything anyone else would like to add for points?

This weeks exercise challenges ...

Day 1 Exercise Challenge - 50 Squat Kicks*
    (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSu-wci9uTo )

Day 2 Exercise Challenge – 50 Swimmer’s Presses + 1 Extra Mile jog, walk,run (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYwzaUXK6gs)

Day 3 Exercise Challenge – 50 Situps or Ab Crunches* + 50 Mountain Climbers
    (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KI8u58hPam4 )

Day 4 Exercise Challenge – 3 sets of 21’s + 100 Jumping Jacks
    (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xLcsg-5Dw8 ) 21’s The video is a little long sorry.

Day 5 Exercise Challenge – 40 Globe jumps (10 laps round) + 100 Jumping Jacks + 100 Step ups (jog or run, either run up 100 steps or up and down a step 100 times))
    (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKKKNR5USXc )

Day 6 Exercise Challenge – 40 Shoulder Presses + run/walk 1 extra mile + 50 crunches
    (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpWrzp9Mnyg) Shoulder Press

Day 7 Rest!

Link to our spreadsheet, fill yourselves in for this week ... we're on week 4!!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aq0fwi7BJUivdEUzSlhVeHZhZ2NPOXNMT0EwRkgyM2c#gid=6

I've had a great weekend, done plenty of exercise, no slip ups, just need to hope TOM is kind to me, but I'm feeling good and maybe that should be enough and I shouldn't worry myself with what the scales have to say!!
  • fuhrmeister
    fuhrmeister Posts: 1,796 Member
    Options
    Still Sunday in the US. I still have a few hours left to do my 1, 2, 3, 4. I have been soooo busy. We had a yard sale so i am going to count hauling boxes and furniture around as a strength training day. Here is where I am.

1 100 jumping jacks 5 day. -done
    2 yoga sessions 1 done hope to do a video today
    3 strength training- done (sculpt class, 30DS, yard sale)
    4 30 walks - done 2 hope to walk with hubby this evening.

Wish I could count shopping as walking, did some Christmas shopping yesterday and will grocery shop for our thanksgiving feast today.

Also, I lost 1.4 pounds this week. i am so thrilled. For some reason i lose more in the winter. So thrilled it's cold outside here :)

Nikki - glad to have you back

Jenni - fingers crossed your treatment works

Rach - great job with the cals. you are on your way to being back under every day :)
  • jellyfishjen
    Options
    Wasting Time. What is the point of having good days if I just undo all the good work with really bad days. My weight is back to where I was 3 weeks ago. Only have myself to blame. But its just so disapppointing. I keep moving the goal posts to make it better in my mind. Wanted to be 88kg by Dec 12. Now I'm tellling myself so long as I get there by Feb 15 (my birthday). If I could just stick to the program I would have been there months ago. :sad:

Well done Courney and Rach on your weight loss. You show it can be done. :smile:
  • rachypompa
    Options
    It's all part of the journey Jenn, it's all about learning that you do need to be good MOST of the time, and also about learning that bad days aren't so terrible as long as you get over it and get on with it, you'll be good. One of the lessons that I'm working on recently is not allowing a bad moment to become a bad day, trying to shorten the off task behaviour! Recently I've given up on a whole days because of one bad moment, but I need to stop that just because I make bad choices at lunch doesn't mean I need to make bad choices for dinner too ....

If it makes you feel any better I weigh what I weighed at the end of May! Talk about wasting time!! But I feel I'm learning valuable lessons that I hope will make maintaining easier when I finally get there! And I will get there. And so will you, just got to keeping on forging ahead, seeing trip ups as moments to evaluate and minimise their occurence in the future.

Well the scales say I'm back to where I was 2 weeks ago, which is all good. I'm feeling like my head is in the right space and that means a lot more to me atm than what the scales say! LOL. I am worried about the impact Christmas will have on my ability to lose or even maintain my weight, but I'm sharing my weight loss goal with everybody, to try to make me accountable. They're up on the fridge for all to see, and if anyone is here and asks how it's going, I show them my progress and goals (on the fridge), I used to be embarrassed about what I weighed, but I have to get over that, and share with those who care! LOL!
  • jellyfishjen
    Options
    Thanks Rach. Your words have really helped me, its the support we give it each other that helps the most. Not sure I am ready yet to put a chart on the fridge, although I am happy enough to tell anyone who asks how much I have loss etc. Can see the benefit of a chart though. So will give that more thought. I just truely hope that I have finally learnt my lesson and dont have to redo this class.

I had to force myself to do my 30DS this morning, have not done it since last thursday, so a 3 day break. HRM status was not as big as calorie burner as usual so I obviously didnt push it as hard as I previously have done. So I have to improve on that. I had my podiatrist appointment. This very young guy has got me on my feet. 18 months ago I would get out of bed with a walking stick. He and his wife (also a podiatrist) are runners and have really helped me. So today feeling a bit low it was timely to see him and get a few more tips from him on foot/leg care and to keep moving. So I am now thinking of doing a Santa fun run. I think its 5km. And I will walk it but as fast as I can. Anyway have to research that yet.

I than had time before seeing my doctor to do a quick grocery shop. Was good and bought all vege and fruit. Even bought a ready made salad for when I got home so hungry i wouldn't be tempted to grad a quick fix which is usually not so healthy.

Great report from my doctor. I have got my diabeties very well controlled she said it couldn't be better. So that has inspired me to keep going. Its all worth it if i can keep the other complications that come with diabeties away. My cholestrial (cant spell) has also come down and is in the normal range. So I hope rather then rest on my laurels I will strive to get even fitter. My next issue is my poor sleeping habit. So she has put me on Melatonin so we will see how that goes.

Zumba tonight. Last weeks class was cancelled. So 2 weeks break. Could be tough tonight. Samara is coming home for the night. YAY!! I see her weekly and its just for the night as an appointment out tomorrow morning and then she will be on the train back to the city, but I am excited to have her home for the night. :heart:
  • fuhrmeister
    fuhrmeister Posts: 1,796 Member
    Options
    So I didn't quit finishs my 1, 2, 3, 4, but I',m ok with that b/c I have been very active and I had a loss ofr more than on1 pound. I just looke dove rthe ecercise challenges for the week. WOW! I don't expect to "win" this points challenge due toe the holiday and black friday shopping nad my birthday but i am going to get as mant of these exercise donw as I can and go for as many walks with Hubby as i can squeeze in.

Jenni - I so glad your apointments went so well. I'm am thrille dot hear your diabeties and cholesterol are in great shape. I really hope you do find your motovation. I had hoped to be under 200lbs by the end of June but i jsut couildn't get there. I stopped puttign dates on my goals and just keep pushing forward. I am with Rach as long as your are still pushing ahead and learning somthing even the backwards movement is worth it. Keep up teh good work and enjoy havign your daughter at home.

Rach- I don't have a chart on the fridge but I have no problem telling someone exactally what I weigh b/c i am so glad I no longer weigh 255lbs and I know I won't be at 207lbs for long. I am so glad you are pushing through and learning and making forward progress.

Have a wonderful week ladies and kick some BUTT!
  • jellyfishjen
    Options
    Morning ladies. How is everyone going? I am having a very moderate week. Not over doing it if I can help it. I have to go into the city today for the next few days. Dinner out tonight, friday and saturday. I was hoping to do lots of walking. My body is sore doing the 30DS. However its raining cats and dogs here. So there goes my walking plans. And I have just discovered that my husband has taken my set of keys to daughters unit interstate with him. This is going to make it somewhat difficult. Oh well. Life could be worse.

Courtney, I really hope you enjoy the next few days. I love festivals and celebrations.

I'm looking forward to Christmas.
  • rachypompa
    Options
    Hi ladies

I'm going great thank you Jenn, feeling like I'm totally in the zone atm! Lost my bike light yesterday so I couldn't bike to bootcamp, but I biked to the pools today, so all good! I've been running to school to pick up Bill, and will try to do that again today. I think I need to incorporate more strength training, so I'm having a little think about that. I've only got 6 more days of work before Christmas, and one of those is just prizegiving followed by Christmas dinner! Whoop whoop!

I was worried about staying focussed over Christmas, but I've worked out it's only 10 days that I need to watch. I should be able to fit in plenty of exercise, and seriously how much could I gain in 10 days really ... I don't think it will be so bad, as long as I get back to it right away!

We're still looking for a house to buy and love! It's a real struggle for us. If we sold out house in the Uk and invested it here we could get a really lovely place and be almost mortgage free, but hubby thinks it's a good investment, and it isn't costing us anything and that we should be able to buy a place without having to sell that, but property prices have gone up so much since we bought that place. I'm not sure we could afford to buy the house we own! And looking here is just depressing, what we can easily afford is not what either of us want, and I'm just not sure about stretching ourselves to get what we want ... so we look at places we feel we can afford and never want to buy any of them ... and so we're still looking! I think we're getting to point where we're just going to stretch ourselves, and I suppose it will only be a stretch until I go back to work ... but ugh, the whole thing just bothers me sometimes. It seems so wrong that buying a house has become out of reach of so many people.

Anyway, happy wednesday everyone!
  • jellyfishjen
    Options
    Ok so plans have changed quickly. After discovering that Tony had taken the keys interstate and I rang Samara and told her. We figured we would manage and have to stick together. 30 mins later she rings, you will never guess, she has locked herself out of her unit. So now she is out here at home. I'm happy with that. Had to cancel going to dinner and movie tonight, I'm happy with that. But now she is making cupcakes. She loves to bake and has no oven in her unit and she has invited friends over to catch up and is having pizza and garlic bread. I have plenty of salad in the fridge and home made soup in the freezer. But the aroma is killing me. Luck for her she wasnt working at one of her many jobs tonight. Also lucky that one of the ladies at a meeting with my husband is flying back this afternoon and is bringing us the keys.
    I have bought myself another health/fitness magazine might hop the exercise bike and read it and try and stay away from all this baking.

Courtney, I really want to join you in the zone. You are doing so well. I was also thinking about Christmas and Samara will be coming home for at least 4 days and wants to bake. I am going to start looking for healthy alternatives she can make for me. I also am thinking that i should have more time for exercising. So will try and increase my calorie burn even if its just an extra walk each day which I can easily turn into a family affair and walk around the neighbourhood looking at christmas lights.
  • rachypompa
    Options
    Oh man, I'm struggling today, arms aching from boxing this morning, feeling tired because of small children waking me up in the night and then having to get up at 5am for boxing, feeling like I could eat and eat and eat and eat ... I'm over my calories ... considering going for a late evening run to make it up, was going to start 30ds today and do it every day until xmas, but I seriously don't think my arms could manage it!! See how I feel after a green tea!

Happy Thanksgiving Courtney, thank you for being such a wonderfully positive supportive member of Loserville.

Hope you're coping with the temptation put in your path Jenn! Hope the keys came back ok!
  • rachypompa
    Options
    Well, I didn't manage any exercise tonight, but I have worked out that over the week I'm only 117 kcals over, which is easily made up. I'll probably go over by a similar amount tomorrow, as it's my rest day, but I'm hopefully going to make those calories up with lots of exercise and good eating over the weekend.

Night night everyone, see you on Friday! Whooo hoo!
  • FizzingWhizbee
    FizzingWhizbee Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Happy Thanksgiving to those of you who celebrate today. :happy:

I've been doing okay on the exercise and food front this week but I think I'm coming down with a cold which is a little annoying. Hopefully if I am, it'll be over quickly and not hinder me too much.

How are all my lovely ladies of Loserville today?
  • rachypompa
    Options
    Evening losers!

I've decided to do a 6km trail run tomorrow. Hubby is doing the 20km option, and they have childcare ... so I'm doing the 6km!

http://www.thewestcoaster.co.nz

It starts along one of the west coast beaches here in Auckland, then up along a ridge following the coast and back. If the weather is good, it will be a stunningly beautiful run! I'm not looking forward to running on the beach, but it's only 6km!! Right need to go and get myself organised, as I'm still planning to do bootcamp too. It's our fitness test tomorrow and I like to see if I'm any fitter!!

380kcals over today, so 500kcals over for the week. I may or may not try to catch that up over the weekend, I'll see how I feel. Have a fabulous weekend. I'm thinking of you loving black Friday Courtney, hope you score some real bargains, enjoy yourself. Love to all. R x
  • jellyfishjen
    Options
    Congratulations Rach, doing the 6km trail run. How did it go? Please send me some of your motivation. No actually I think I would have the motivation if i didn't have the disruptions. Oh well. I just do the best I can when I can.

Whizzy, hope you get over that cold quickly.

:heart: :flowerforyou: :drinker: Courtney, Happy Birthday :heart: :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • rachypompa
    Options
    6km trail run was great, it was a there and back course and I got to the turn around, and was quite surprised to have run 3km already, which is always good! It was an odd run, we were told we'd have to run through a stream, that was more like wade through a river! Then we ran through a bog, then there was this single track up a hill, I tried to run, but so many people were walking up that it was tough to get past. I should have started closer to the front, but I still don't think I'm a runner, but it's always nice to overtake people! Anyway, I came 19th out of 80, which I was well pleased with especially as I know I could have done it faster.

Hopefully the disruptions will stop getting in your way. I know what you mean about losing motivation. I'm like that too, hard to make yourself number one when there's others about!

What shall we do for next week's challenge? I'd be quite happy to do points from here until Christmas? Am open to any suggestions though. I'm still in the zone, feeling like I've got this all sussed again, for now! Still not mastering the art of going to bed early ...
  • jellyfishjen
    Options
    Rach, that is a fantastic result. I think you should start thinking of yourself as a runner from now on. Congratulations.

I had sort of planned / hoped to do the Variety Santa 5km run today, except that I would have walked it. Samara wanted to do it with me. But as she has been and still is sick, I decided not to do it. Plus $50 entry. I do find some of these charity events a bit expensive. I have not been so good with exercise or calories or points this past week but did my best. Ahead is another week of disruptions and most likely unexpectedness. It has started with tonight hubby and I driving an hour into city to pick daughter up from work and bringing her home so she can see our doctor. Got home just after midnight, which has sort of perked me up hence i am up now chatting to you.

So giving it some thought now. Think I should make a plan at least. So maybe we can have a personal points? week.
    Monday - I hope to make it to Zumba.

Tuesday - I'm having another botox treatment. It has helped but I have another area on the back of head I would like done. If you don't have or not know anyone with hyperhidrosis its hard to understand what i go through. I'm suppose to pinpoint where I sweat. Urgg almost the whole body, extra excessively and even in cold temperatures. No exercise allowed that day. So will try and stay under calories.

Wednesday - If home do Jillian Michaels which has been sadly neglected, otherwise 60min walk.

Thursday - Same as Wednesday

Friday - Most likely not home so walk.

Saturday - eww hard day, Big day at studio, promise not to roll my eyes into the back of my head when asked stupid questions by mothers of little dancers.

Sunday - Garden :)

Plus back to drinking green tea every day and try and have at least one piece of fruit.

Ok happy now I have a little plan that I may be able to cope with. Fingers crossed.

"One of lifes greatest challenges is to follow your own advice. "

:smile:
  • rachypompa
    Options
    Personal challenge is all good with me ... my plan ...

1. Get to bed earlier - aim for 8 hours sleep

2. Stay under calories for the whole week (am already over today - tired hunger)

3. exercise plan ...
    Mon: Swim & run to pick kids up from school & 30DS
    Tue: bike to bootcamp, bike to school and back with kids & 30DS
    Wed: Swim & run to school & 30DS
    Thur: bootcamp & try to run to school (depends on work) & 30DS
    Fri: Rest
    Sat: bootcamp & 30DS
    Sun: Big bike ride (30km +) & 30DS

4. Start 30 day shred, do every day but Fridays until Christmas

Events are expensive Jenn, the 6km run would have been $45, but as Keith was entering too we got a discount. The ladies triathlons I do used to be such good value, $100 for 15 races, but triathlon new zealand bought the event and prices increased last year and then again this year, they now work out at about $35 per race if you do a few, but are about $50 or $60 just for one. I really ummed and ahhed about doing them next year because of the price hike, but they're still cheaper than others. It's irritating as clearly the company originally running them could do so for much less ...

Right ... kids just finishing their pudding, then it's bath time! Happy Monday everyone!
  • jellyfishjen
    Options
    Ok so week is starting out challenged. No zumba tonight. My mum called us to visit aunty. Not really aunty but very dear family friend 82 she has gone down hill very quickly. Only early this year was living independently now in hostel and mum goes up twice a day to feed her. I feel bad as I use to visit regularly and have hardly been these last few months. Mum said she asked to see the family, she thought she meant her sister and brother who live interstate. NO she was angry and mum said oh you mean jenni tony and Samara. How blessed are we that today we could all visit together. My husband left work. And we drove together an hour across town. Samara only had a short visit as she had work tonight but it was just as well. Aunty was ok fir a little but then she started ranting. My mum is doing a wonderful job dealing with her which is not easy. But mum is 81 and is tired. I offered To go and help but mum says they have a routine. I will go anyway just won't tell her I'm coming. So now I'm with Samara in her city unit we have been up on the roof top and enjoyed a cup of tea with chocolate and biscuits way over calories. It was time we needed together after an emotional day. What an amazing day. Yes sad but also blessed. Zumba can wait calories can wait today was for family.