200+ Fryin' the Fat

Options

Replies

• sweetmelissa222
    sweetmelissa222 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the welcoming words guys! I’m sorry for my lack of posting, but since this last week was close of the fiscal year for us we were insane at work and I have been prepping for an accounting exam and since I haven’t skipped the gym at all, I’ve been one tired Melissa!

Anvy0530- Have an amazing time in Italy!!!

Megruder- Congrats on the 40 pound loss, that’s amazing!

Laceylala- Congrats on starting week 6! I think the people who do that program are so completely inspiring. I’m hoping towards the end of the very long road ahead I can find the strength and dedication to do it too. Hooray for planning your European extravaganza! It sounds wonderful.

Pinbotchick- Thanks for the suggestion! My problem is usually that I am in study groups and they tend to order pizza or run to our student union which never has the healthiest food. But I have really made an effort recently to bring my own food and snacks and make a bigger effort to drink water constantly which keeps me walking around to refill my water bottle as often as I can. I think I like the idea of taking a break every few hours to do some type of wii fit or even take a few laps around the block when I am home studying.

Treehugginpam- Your craft room/library sounds perfect!

Hkallemback- Hooray, congrats on hitting 254!!! Laughing cow cheese is like the best thing ever, I love the light swiss one with a toasted turkey sandwich, it just makes my lunch!

As for me the scale was ridiculously kind to me this morning and I am scared that it is wrong, but hopefully tomorrow it shows the same or better. I finally got to spend some time with my friends yesterday and I am so proud of myself. I made it through the mall food court, Starbucks, McDonalds, Daiquiris and bar food without giving in to temptation. I’m hoping I can hold on to that strength tomorrow and not give in at the 4th of July party.

For now it is back to the books for me. Hope everyone had a lovely weekend and has a safe and happy 4th.
  • GonnaDoItJenn
    GonnaDoItJenn Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    My weigh in this week is 315.1 which is down another 1 lb. Although I am tired of the one pound at a time, I am happy that there haven't been any increases lately. I do hope to have a 2-3 lb week sometime soon.

Off to read everyone else's posts and catch up.

BTW, we are still working on the moving. Husband is dragging his gosh dern feet about packing up his stuff. I've packed the rest of the house and am just waiting. It's costing us $25 a day to stay with our rental house. UGH!
  • megruder
    megruder Posts: 216
    Options
    Victoria - I say go for the bikini! I can't wait until I feel comfortable enough to even try one on.

Pam - Way to go on the weight loss! I hope you had fun on the lake.

Kendal - I know what you mean about being pessimistic. I've noticed myself going in that direction mentally as well. I'm not really sure what to say to encourage you as I'm right there with you. Let me know if you figure something out.

Amy - I'm glad to hear the cat came back, but I'd be tempted to put the cat back outside.

Sarah (thes) - Yay on the Old Navy finds!

Lacey - UGH! Me too! My eating has been horrible. At least you got some exercise in.

Annette - Hopefully, the scale will be kind or at the very least not too cruel.

Hailie - Boo for the super senior thing. It took me six years to finish college, I preferred to call the last two years victory laps. YAY for the weight loss! Haha I love the comment about the boobs, that's not typically a problem for me.

Melissa - Way to go on eating and the exercise. I hope the scale remains kind tomorrow.

Jenn (GonnaDoIt) - I know 1 lb a week loss can be frustrating. At least you are losing consistently. Just remember this is a lifestyle change and the weight loss is a marathon, not a sprint.

Time to own up... check-in for Saturday... 2357 burned / 3262 consumed / 932 overage - No exercise.

Check-in for Sunday... 2129 burned / 1197 consumed / 932 deficit - No exercise.

Saturday just plain sucked. I had breakfast at Cracker Barrel and then had a total emotional eat for dinner. It's a local place, but it's pretty much like eating at Steak'n'Shake. I had a double cheeseburger, fries AND a chocolate shake.

I'm beginning to wonder if treating my mental health is going to destroy my weight loss efforts. My appointment this past week was moved to Saturday, which explains the greasified dinner. I've never really considered myself an emotional eater or that I had any problem with food, which I guess is a bit delusional as I've pretty much always had a weight problem. I just thought of it as more of a self-discipline and laziness problem. Hmmm... things to consider. Fortunately, food temptations shouldn't be a problem today as I have no plans for the 4th.

Have a Happy 4th ladies!
  • mrslrichard
    mrslrichard Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Weigh-in for this week 214....Two more days of vacation and then I'll be home and can get serious again. Have a great 4th everyone!
  • anvy0530
    anvy0530 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    Laura: Enjoy the rest of your vacation!

Katie: I know that for me my weight gain was partly due to laziness but I'd have to say the REAL reason for it was that I ate my feelings (I learned it from my mom as a kid...did a good job on something, celebrate with food; got hurt by something, soothe it with food). For my early adult life, I was in the Air Force and so I had built in exercise and had to meet my weight requirements which kept my emotional eating within reason. After I got out, I kind of lashed out at the discipline the military forced me into as far as eating and exercise went and I stopped caring about either one. I was being a petulant kid (at 24, that's kinda sad) and the only one who suffered for it was me. I gained a TON of weight in a short period of weight. I was pregnant at the time and I didn't even look pregnant, I just looked fat. Now, I know that I can't be too strict with myself or my petulant self will come back and lash out with a binge on junk food, just cuz she can (my petulant me is a total biznatch like that). Anyway, I think it might be worth exploring what your real reasons are for your weight gain as I'm sure it's more than just laziness and once you discover the reasons, you can act to keep your eating triggers at bay so you can continue to be successful.

Jenn: Good luck with the packing & moving. Great job on the 1 pound loss!!

Melissa: Yay for a ridiculously kind scale!!!!

Lacey: P90X kind of wiped me out when I was doing it. I really think the pounding it gave my body was awesome for building my strength and speed but I also think that there's something to be said for resting the body during those recovery weeks and after you're done. You also need to get enough sleep as that's when your body does it's major maintenance (repairing muscle damage, etc). So, keep hitting it hard but make sure to get enough rest so you don't hurt yourself and so you can reap every benefit from the program. and if you figure out the cute shoes thing, let me in on it as I need some. I'm just taking my trail running shoes with me to Naples this week but I don't want to wander around Paris wearing running shoes.

Hailie: That's a TOTAL bummer about being a super senior.

Victoria: You are a yard work machine!!!

Ok ladies, my communication will be limited this week due to the vacay. I'll have internet access for most of it but I don't think we'll have it for the 2 days we'll be on the island (eeeeeeeee!!! I'm excited just thinking about it!!!). So I'll check in when I can and try to eat reasonably this week. I don't want to undo my super loss from last week. Have a great week!!!!!

Update on the cat: I have not killed him or let him loose in the forest and he's mostly back to normal (for him - he's never really been normal...aren't 9 year old cats just supposed to laze around all day and be fat???). I was able to even sleep most of last night. Yay!
  • megruder
    megruder Posts: 216
    Options
    Amy - Thank you for sharing. I, too, have a bit of a petulant side. When I have a bit of time to do something and I have things I SHOULD do and things I WANT to do, the want-to wins if I haven't indulged it in awhile. I'm guessing that was some of what was happening on Sunday. Regardless, I am planning to discuss it with my therapist next time. Have a safe trip and enjoy yourself!
  • pinbotchick
    pinbotchick Posts: 3,904
    Options
    Amy - have a fantastic time!!!

Check-in for Sunday 3230 burned with no real exercise - just more yardwork. We started on the last 2 tree when the tiller broke. I've been hand weeding around them. Sighs. I can't order the tiller parts until Tues. I need to try and sleep for a couple more hours. My race is at 10:15.
  • bubblesburst80
    bubblesburst80 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    weigh in today is 220 that's a loss of 1.5 since i signed on here!!
    hope everyone had a great weekend
  • navajoon
    navajoon Posts: 355
    Options
    Hi ladies!!!

Quick one. Got back from Engrrland yesterday, got on the scale. Actually lost weight on a business trip. Unheard of. 221 on the nose. I know it's from all the walking I did there.

Sorry I don't have time to catch up yet. Surgery tomorrow morning, so I'll be out for a while, I think.

Hope everyone's doing well and happy 4th!
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    Nava that's way cool you lost weight. I tend to lose when I travel too...and that's really despite myself because we drink like fish at night.

Katie my coworker will only lose weight if she's her councilor on a regular basis and we both think it has to do with the fact that she gets all her emotional stuff out so she doesn't pack it down with food. I do the same thing I am sure. And the annoying part is that sometimes I don't realize that somethings bothering me. I can be completely unaware of myself sometimes.

Amy look up OTBT Springfield mule shoe on endless.com. Well any of of that brand look pretty good...but I think I'm going to order those shoes and see how they do. They look like they have pretty good arch support. Have a great time on your vacay!! Thanks for the p90x info...I think my body was run down.

Victoria have a fantastical race you running rock star!!!! And you should order a bikini!

As for me....I ate like *kitten* yesterday too. Final weigh in: 210. Today we are putting in all the plants we bought yesterday and if I feel like it cardio x. I need to get going again, it's been since Saturday that I've done anything....naughty naughty naughty. though I will say I strained my right shoulder a bit doing shoulders biceps. It's better today. I don't like going more than two days without exercise so I have to get that work out in today. Have. To.

Bubbles congrats on the loss.
  • Yocum1219
    Yocum1219 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I promise when I get to work in the morning I will hit the scale & post it here ASAP for Kristina...it'll be around 6am my time, so sorry to delay everybody!! I'm also taking my scale with me in the box to ship back to get my new one! Yay!

Wow, so many posts that are LONG to read...I'll just have to say good job for those who are losing & sticking to it!!!

Praying for Nava's surgery & that all goes well!

Hailie-super senior blah, but weight loss yes, and totally understand the jumping around naked thing...OUCH!!

Amy-enjoy your trip & we'll miss you! Have fun!

Victoria-awesome for NSV!!

Katie-I have that little kid too that just goes through..but I WANT it!!! So you & I will just have to keep pulling each other up onto the wagon! *hugs*

My other challenge has been easy to stick to so far...but I know after next week I'll have to actually work at it! I checked to see what kind of calorie burn I should get while dancing around for most of VBS each night...I can handle 697!! Makes getting 3500 in 7 days pretty easy! Let's just hope there's a reflection in the scale tomorrow! *fingers crossed* TOM hit hard today & I HURT! TMI, sorry, but I just want to curl up with a heating pad & tea. BUT, we're moving Melodie from crib to toddler bed today *tear* & have to take the crib to my mom's & get the toddler bed. Fireworks going off IN MY DRIVEWAY til 11pm...tired. Fireworks at church tonite...I'll be more tired in the morning. Hubby can't help w/kids, b/c after Iraq, he hasn't done fireworks well ever since...so on the 4th, he's usually in the house w/headphones. Or at work he found a place that has noise to drown it out. *sigh* But I love him, so I keep going. Mom will help some, so let's just hope they behave themselves! :o)

OK, rambling now...TTYL!!
  • SteppingOutofGrey
    SteppingOutofGrey Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Hope you've all had a good 4th. Am intrigued to know how you celebrate?

Scale reading 177lbs today

Well done to everyone else - not just those who lost but those who are keeping at it.

Katie: my eating has always replaced my emotions - haven't found a sure fire way of dealing but stopping the circle of fed up with self / petulant self wanting to go round again really does seem to help as I am not being hard/mean/down on myself - the external behaviour from youth that I perpetuated into adulthood internally.

Amy: have a wonderful vacation - enjoy the Hubbs - forget the cat!!!

Victoria: hoping your run has gone well. Have you got that bikini yet?

Nava: Hoping your op goes well - keep us informed.

Me - I'm feeling really cold - still haven't shaken whatever bug I have - so I am off for a bath

Keep well x
  • akasullengal
    akasullengal Posts: 1,499 Member
    Options
    I was procrastinating updating the list for the challenge, because I hadn't checked the thread in a few days and thought I would come back to like 10 pages to rifle through... luckily it was only like 4. I'm giving peeps an extra day to weigh in because it's the holiday. Even if you're up, please try and post. Remember, it's a holiday weekend... yes you might be up in the short-term, but it should make for a nice drop next week's weigh in.

I'm alive and pretty well. I'll update probably tomorrow with a longer post about my vacay. Overall, it went okay. Was great to have some time off. Eating and exercise starting off well, and downspun as the week went on. I missed all my runs this week (ACK), but am back on track for next week.

Here's a call out of whose weight I have and don't. I really could have missed someone, so let me know if this is incorrect

Yes, I have your weight:
    Kristina
    Victoria
    Kendal
    Lacey
    Amy
    Sarah
    Hailie
    Annette
    Karen
    Nava
    Psychohope
    Laura (mrslrichard)
    Katie
    gonnadoitjenn
    Lauren
    Ashley
    bubblesburst80
    Pam
    silver02bullet

Those who I DON'T have (remember, you miss weigh-ins two weeks without letting me know, I drop your name):
    Kerry
    Cynthia
    mommajj92 (last chance)
    tammykoon
    manda2j
    Stephanie (last chance)
    Sina (last chance)
    wigglentwink
    Allie (last chance)
    Tanya
    elinger
    susieohneill (last chance)
    Crystal
    Coco
    sweetmelissa222
    justme84x
    likenooneelse84
  • KendalBeee
    KendalBeee Posts: 2,269 Member
    Options
    So everyone has been discussing why they have gotten so big/have a hard time losing. I think I kind of know part of why I'm so pessimistic about losing any more weight now. I'm freaking awesome. I am an amazing friend, funny, witty, fiercely loyal, honest, playful.....and yes, I'm overweight. Being overweight helps keep the superficial a-holes out of life. If a guy or girl has such a problem with how a person looks that they can't see the person behind it, then I don't want to be friends with that person. Yeah.....I know this sounds super arrogant and lazy, but I'm scared if I lose weight, I will have to fend off more of life's losers.

Or maybe that's not really it and I'm just in a full-of-myself mood.
  • pinbotchick
    Options
    30 yards of dirt hauled in 2 weeks. I'm sick of dirt!!! And DH says order 15 more yards but wait a week. Thank goodness!!! This new hosta bed is 50 ft by 20 ft with rolling hills. It looks awesome. My run was rough since it was mid day and hot - 80 - on roads with high humidity. That's warm and rough for northern MI. I took the last Runners World article to heart and slowed down with the heat. I ave 14:40 a mile and it was a hilly course. At least I didn't get lost and do 8 miles like one lady :). I came in 6th but won't tell anyone but you ladies that only 6 people ran the race!!! How many people in our town sat on the couch and didn't even try the race... I'm proud to have finished. I only signed up to support the local town. I can run for free up here early in the morning and have a better time... Gotta run and shower since we are having ribs at moms at 6!!
  • KendalBeee
    KendalBeee Posts: 2,269 Member
    Options
    I haven't stopped thinking about what I posted earlier....

maybe the other side of it is what if I lose weight, get to the "perfect" size and the a-holes in life still don't like me. I mean yeah, there are always a-holes who will find something negative to say about you, but I'm used to people saying stuff about my weight. What if they find something new to insult me about?
  • wigglentwink
    wigglentwink Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Ok - I know it's not weigh in day but I just wanted to say.......

I'M NOT OBESE ANYMORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:drinker: :flowerforyou: :drinker: :flowerforyou: :drinker: :flowerforyou: :drinker: :flowerforyou:

I am so jealous...er, ELATED for you!!! I can't wait to be there with you. I hope you celebrate...but not with a cookie. :wink:
  • wigglentwink
    wigglentwink Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    quick weigh in and replies later....when the neighborhood is not in my driveway...

-0.1lb again. *sigh*

I'll take it over a gain anyday... but a real loss would be FANTASTIC.
  • hkallembach
    hkallembach Posts: 485
    Options
    Hailie does being a super senior mean that you will need to attend classes for a few more terms or something?? So happy to hear you passed your lifeguard test!

Super senior means (at our school) you're too lazy, didn't give a crap to pass enough classes to graduate, etc. Therefore you have to take senior year over again making you a super senior since you all ready know what to expect. Well, this isn't my case since I have a 4.0 gpa. Stupid school.
  • pinbotchick
    Options
    Kendal - Smack, Smack!!! Wake up girl!!! You have Mr Reunion all over you!!! Your ex is a douche (?sp) and wer'nt you overweight with him? Could anyone be worse than Joey short of physical abuse - which, I hope you'd not put up with either? Anyone would be blessed to know you. Would you like to meet my bro? I'd love to have you ad a SIL!!!! I'm sending you some positive energy so you'll boost your self confidence.