200+ Fryin' the Fat

Options

Replies

• manda2j
    manda2j Posts: 63
    Options
    Well Congrats to those biggest Losers!!! :) you are all doing great! i didnt even weigh in this weekend... woops! just a crazy weekend with the holidays you know? sorry guys! i will weigh in next week.. i only lost .5 again anyways. >_< urgh.. i guess those bad days really got the best of me.. still having a hard time with my scale.. if i move it 2 inches across the floor i lose 2 lbs or gain 3 lbs LOL! urgh.. idk what to do about that. Dates are going well! i went on 2 last week... they didn't last very long, but I think i'm getting the point across that i am changing.. also just spending time with them more at home... I'm telling you I am expecting to be a new person this time next year! weight loss, healthy mind and healthy relationships! It's trying and sometimes hard, but I am going through, determined to reach my goals. If I feel myself starting to slip I try to remember what it is I'm doing and what I'm trying to accomplish.. Im sick and tired of being sick, depressed and tired!!!! ...
    ok sorry to vent LOL! just really had to get that out there... this sight and group has been a great encouragement to me.. I feel like i really need a lot of it.

Victoria: Thanks! I know that's what I'm thinking too about my fist 5k coming up in August... I'll be happy to just finish it you know? lol!!! Congrats on your weight loss btw! that's soo awesome! :)

Pam: no I'm not on goodreads.. what is it?
  • pinbotchick
    pinbotchick Posts: 3,904
    Options
    Kendal - (((((((Big Hug))))))) I hope you find another way to save the house!!!
  • Purplebunnysarah
    Purplebunnysarah Posts: 3,252 Member
    Options
    Kendal: That royally stinks. Hope you can figure out something with your house, and the dog definitely made me giggle.

manda2j: Heh, I have a spot like that on my bathroom floor too, but it's not consistent. Still, I wiggle the scale around in the morning trying to get it to go lower! I admit it!

I only just got home from work because after work I went out and got my hair done! Woohoo! No more gray! I got highlights too but due to the crappy lighting in my apartment you can't really see them. I updated my profile pic and I think I'm looking pretty good. I should mention that I actually have curly hair. It's not really evident in most of the pics I've posted, though.
  • GonnaDoItJenn
    GonnaDoItJenn Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Okay girls, I am completely caught up on reading everyone's posts and I will let you know that YOU are all in my thoughts for many reasons. Seriously for the past few days when I have been out eating and making my choices, I would ask myself, "What would my Frying the Fat girls think if they were here?" TOTALLY HELPED ME!

I'm so freakin' tired of the move and ready for it to be over forever. My body is killing me so fast. Today I was loading laundry to take the to laundromat and my back was spasming from the constant bending over. I worked through it and then just kept pushing on. I know it was what my body needed. No pain, no gain right?

Thankfully all the extra sweating that I have been doing lately has kept me around the right number of calories lately. I do hope that by the end of the month I have hit my 25 lbs loss so I can start wearing a heart rate monitor. It's my reward and going to be totally worth it. I want to know EXACTLY how many calories my body burns in a day and make it correct when I enter it in to MFP, not just a guess based on what he system says. LOL!

I hope to be back to normal soon but we will be without internet for awhile. We found out on Friday that our property was never wired for internet. That means that they will be coming out and digging and putting in line for our land and it will take some serious time. The glories of living out in the country.

Also, I saw that some more of you were scrapbookers. Check out my blog at http://www.LiveTeachCreate.com. I just put up an amazing mini album that I finished and would love your comments on it as well.

Well I am off for the night so that my muscles can stop screaming at me.
  • TanyaDL
    TanyaDL Posts: 54
    Options
    Sorry I missed the weigh in yesterday, I lost 3lbs, down to 253
  • megruder
    megruder Posts: 216
    Options
    Congrats on the all the losses this week! Especially Amy!

Victoria - Way to go on the 6 mile run!

Karen - Boo on the weight. Hopefully it's just TOM.

Kendal - I LOVE the photo!!! I know what you mean about the low number on the scale. I saw 236 for a nanosecond a few days ago and I'm back to 238. :ohwell: I'm sorry to hear about you not getting the job. Hopefully, you'll be able to come up with something to keep your house.

Megan - Way to go with the eating and staying active over the 3-day weekend!

Lacey - Great job getting back on the logging wagon. Sometimes I wish there was some magic pill to eliminate, or at least severely decrease TOM symptoms.

Kristina - I'm sorry to hear nothing is new on the dating front, but at least you've got the running back on track.

Pam - Let's keep each other motivated with working out this week. I've fallen off that wagon again.

Manda - Feel free to vent any time. I think we've all had at least a few while on here. I'm glad the dates are going well. I'm also with you wanting to be a different person. Every once in a while I start feeling stuck with my job and having to move back to my hometown, then I have to remind myself that my focus right now is on my mental and physical health.

Sarah (thes) - Love the new profile photo!

Jenn (GonnaDoIt) - I hate being without Internet. Sometimes I wonder what I used to do without it. I hope you're able to finish up the move soon and that you back stops with the spasms. You can totally get down 25 by the end of the month!

Tanya - Way to go on the loss!

Check-in for Tuesday... 2031 burned / 1305 consumed / 726 deficit - No exercise.

Soooo.... I'm still having difficulty working out. I know a couple weeks ago we talked about coming up with weekend challenges since those two days seem to cause us all so much trouble, whether due to lack of exercise or excessive eating. I thought I'd bring it up and throw out some suggestions.... Activity ideas - Commit to at least 60 minutes of exercise or burn at least 500 calories doing exercise over the weekend. Eating ideas - Stay under your fat consumption goal for the weekend. Maybe those that have trouble with eating on the weekends could come up with better ideas as I'm not sure what things are problematic. Let's see if this helps.
  • pinbotchick
    pinbotchick Posts: 3,904
    Options
    Check-in for Tues. No exercise and light yardwork so I only burned 2559 cals. I've read all the posts and am thinking of you but no time to reply.
  • KendalBeee
    KendalBeee Posts: 2,269 Member
    Options
    It's so nice to come into work and realize you only have to work 3.5 hours because you completely forgot that you took the other 4.5 hours off today. WOOHOO!!!

But that means no mfp for me this morning so I can get some work done.
  • Yocum1219
    Yocum1219 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Wow, lots of posts since last night. Let's see what I can get answered & still manage to get a decent amount of work done. Boss is gone today, but she watches what we do pretty closely.

Kendal-**hugs** hope something works out for house. Enjoy the time off!

Jenn(GDI) good luck getting all that moving done! I'm sure you'll hit that goal in no time! Yay for HRM's (I want one too, but have to wait til I can afford it)

Victoria-yay for run!

Sarah-the pic is awesome! :o)

Tanya-good loss!!

Manda-venting definitely allowed! We all do it & it keeps us going to have each other!!

Katie- I do OK on the eating part on the weekends, if I stay home. It's when others get involved that I have issues. But since I guess my family wants to see the kids...I go out! LOL! At this point for me, I just try to have better choices on a small scale. I don't like being disappointed, so I guess that's just a stubborn selfish part of me that says...if you want to see results, do it your way. But for once, it's working in my favor, b/c what I'm going for is to get healthier, and I want that more than I want to eat whatever looks good all of the time. Now, it doesn't always get me exercising, so I guess we'll just have to help each other to stay on the wagon...even if it means some pushing & shoving! :o)

And I know I missed some people, sorry!! BUT...2lbs gone this morning from yesterday...the water is coming off! 217.4 now! Though 10 cups of water probably helped! LOL! OK, I HAVE to get some work done! TTYL!
  • kmturtle3
    kmturtle3 Posts: 556
    Options
    Hello hello hello ladies!

Kristina, I'm sorry I missed the weigh-in (or... am I? I'm not sure... to be honest, yesterday morning my scale said 180.5, last night it said 186.7, this morning it said 182.4. I'm at a loss. I did eat Qdoba for dinner last night, so that could seriously all be water weight). I'll weigh in on Friday fo sho.

I spent forever reading/catching up on everyone's posts, so I'm thinking about all of you, but no way I'm trying to respond to everyone. So here are the highlights that stuck out to me.

Kendall, I'm so sorry you didn't get the job. It seems like your head is in a good place about it - it sucks, but if you weren't all the excited about it, then maybe its a good thing. I tend to be a "if its meant to be, it will" kind of thinker, which makes it easier to stomach things like that. Because, if it was supposed to happen, it would have happened. Anyway... hugs to you!

Amy, yay, the cats home! I think you are in Italy right now! Both very awesome things!

Victoria, that was your trail race, right? I think its so awesome that you did it. Way to go! Your yard must be looking AMAZING!

Sarah, you are looking SO GOOD girl! Seriously, there is such a huge difference between your first profile pic and the newest one. AWESOME.

Katie, I agree that we should have a weekend challenge. If its going to be a "challenge," then it can't be something super easy.... .... ... can we agree to try to burn 400 calories in exercise each day? Or even 500??? That would help us stay under cals too... bike rides, walks, workout dvds, yard work... just get our butts moving!

Jenn, I tried to look at your scrapbooking sight but work blocked it. I'll try later.

Lacey, your post about G getting so much bigger made me a little sad too. My niece, Gillian, is 7 now, and she's completely just a little person now. No more cute kid things. And she has lost all that baby/toddler chubbiness in her face. She's just pretty now, not nearly so much cute. Its WEIRD and also makes me a little bummed, along with feeling super old. And G's hair is amazing. I'm jealous of it.

Okay, that's all I've got time for. As for me, my weekend ROCKED. We had way to much fun... hung out on the lake all day Saturday, got all kinds of sunburned. Bonfire and reubens in sandwich irons (we call 'em tonkas) on Saturday night. Sunday we drove up to Lake Superior and went canoeing down the Two Hearted River, then hung out on the lake, then did brats and corn on the cobb, then did fireworks - my dad came up with about $700 worth of fireworks from Indiana. The boys built a big launching pad in the lake... we seriously had fireworks to rival any actual firework display. It. was. awesome. Monday I finally convinced Chris to come out on the jetski with me, and I managed to throw us off the side of it. Chris' toe hit the side of the jetski when he launched off and now its broken. :embarassed::cry: Yeah I suck. He's taking it pretty well, but that could be because I am babying him like crazy. Too funny.

I did get my run in on Saturday while we were up there... 2.5 miles, so yay. Sunday Chris and I biked around the lake, and Monday I took a rest day. Food was okay, not awesome. Really it was just beer. Lots and lots of beer. We'll see where I'm at on Friday and then I'll know the full damage report.

I finally get to go pick up our mower today. Its about freakin' time, since we took it in on Memorial Day weekend. We needed a new carborator, new blades, new blade bearings, an oil change, and some other random thing I think. $140. Not too shabby. I'm really just annoyed with how long it took. Anyway, I'm hoping I can leave work around 2 and go home and marathon mow the whole yard again. Calorie burn!

Alright, you are now caught up on my life. As you were.
  • treehugginpam
    treehugginpam Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    Hey all,

I faced the scale this morning after my very bad weekend and it says I'm up 2 pounds. Totally sucks, but honestly I was bracing for worse. The good news is that I have jumped back into exercising...I was ridiculously exhausted yesterday but I forced myself to do my run/walk in the evening, and this morning I woke up and did Shred. Back on the wagon. It feels good, because so often in the past I would've had a bad weekend and just let it completely derail my motivation. Thanks for helping me hold myself accountable!

Kendal, enjoy your half day of work! I hope you get to do something fun this afternoon. I'm sorry about the job, but hopefully you'll find a much better one soon. Very cute dog picture. :smile:

Katie, I'm up for keeping motivated. It's crazy hard to get back to working out after you've gone days without it, isn't it? I like your idea about having goals for the weekend; those are definitely the hardest times to stick to the program. 500 calories worth of exercise sounds totally doable.

Jenn, I know what you mean about your body being so tired from moving. We just got done unpacking things that have been sitting since we moved in in March, and working every day moving stuff around to get our house ready for guests this past weekend. I was sore from that stuff on top of working out! Now I just want to relax. Very cool that you're a scrapbooker! I used to scrapbook but haven't really had much room to do it until we moved into our new house. Now I have a craft room, so I plan to start doing it again. For some reason your website isn't coming up for me, but I'll try again later. I want to see your mini album!

Sarah (thes), yay for new hair! Great new profile pic!

Manda, Goodreads.com is a site that's sort of like Facebook for book lovers...you can post what you're reading, write reviews, and see what your friends are reading. Some people from this group are on there. I like to get on there and see what other people are reading so I can add to my list of what I want to read next. Right now my list of "to read" books is so big that I may never live long enough to read them all, but that's okay. :) Good luck on your dates!

Kristina, trivia night sounds like fun! I've only done that once, but the place we went to didn't have very many people participating and the only people on my "team" was me and my brother. I'd like to go to a trivia night with a bunch of different teams hanging out and having fun. You're definitely right about it being harder to get motivated the longer I wait to get back on the bandwagon too. I hadn't exercised Saturday, Sunday, or Monday (except for the walking around we did with our guests), and starting back up yesterday...whew, that was hard.

Annette, I hope you're feeling better!

Lacey, I had a bad eating weekend too. Here's to getting back on the horse!

Nava, losing weight while on a business trip is awesome! Congrats! Hope all goes well with your surgery.

Amy, I'm glad that your cat made it back and that you didn't kill him. ;) Enjoy your vacation!

Victoria, woohoo for finishing your race strong!

Melissa, I hope your exams went well. Congrats on not giving in to food court temptation!

Hailie, congratulations on the loss! Do you know yet whether or not you'll have to do the year over again? Hopefully not!

Megan, great news about not gaining this weekend! Way to go with making sure you stayed active too.

Kerry, your time on the lake sounds like a blast! Reubens in sandwich irons sounds delicious...were there s'mores to go with the bonfire? :smile: I'm sorry about Chris's toe. Ouch! :frown: It sounds like you were really active all weekend, so hopefully all the beer was worked off.

Hope you all are having a day!
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    Morning!

Pam - good job getting right back on the wagon!!

Kerry - bonfire, running, bbq and fireworks sound rad. I'd love to do that sort of stuff once in a while. We need a boat.

Karen and Katie - I am totally down for the weekend challenge. Perhaps Fridays we should each set a goal, post it, and post Sunday night or Monday morning regarding how we are doing..and as usual the rest of us will support and nag to see that its gone!

Kendal - I love random time off.

Victoria - thats a pretty decent burn for only light yard work girl!

Tanya - congrats on the loss.

Jenn - I kind of live in the country and am limited on my cable and internet options. It sucks. Are you going to get a heart rate monitor that you wear for exercising, or something like the bodymedia fit or bodybugg?

Sarah - loves the new pic!!

Manda - its hard to live up to your own expectations, lord knows..but the good thing is that step by tiny step will get you there and nothing has to happen over night. The longer you work at it the more it becomes a habit. Sometimes I have to remind myself to choose to be happy, when I'd rather be pissy and a b!tch. Exercise really helps with that for me.

Kristina - Pre Gracie and Jeff I used to do trivia nights..they are So fun!

As for me...I tried to push myself further last night with Chest/Shoulders/Triceps. I did push ups off the knees for a few and then when I moved to knees tried to get deeper in the move. I cant do the one arm moves at all, I skip them. Its too much pressure on a sensitive back and sometimes iffy shoulder. But other than that...I could hold my arms above my head last night and not have them shake so much I wanted to tear them off, so that means I am getting better at that particular dvd. I am most definitely feeling the exercise today in a good way.
    I've decided that how I am going to continue P90X three or four more weeks until I leave for my trip is to do the Lean version until I go. It will be a good swtich up for my body, more cardio than strength training and should work to keep the muscle confusion going.
  • treehugginpam
    treehugginpam Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    Lacey, you're really rockin' the P90X! You're an inspiration!

Any of you ever have days when all you can do is think about food? I'm normally fine focusing on each meal when it happens, but I've been looking forward to what I plan to have for dinner all day! On top of that, I keep wanting to snack on stuff....ugh, it's going to be a loooooooong afternoon.
  • silver02bullet
    silver02bullet Posts: 261 Member
    Options

Any of you ever have days when all you can do is think about food? I'm normally fine focusing on each meal when it happens, but I've been looking forward to what I plan to have for dinner all day! On top of that, I keep wanting to snack on stuff....ugh, it's going to be a loooooooong afternoon.

I feel your pain. My biggest hobby is baking and cooking!!! I've learned I can still get great joy out of these things...i just bake things I don't like to eat so that I have to give it away! (For instance, I made a dessert that I will NOT even touch for the 4th, just so I wouldn't be tempted to eat it! But I love baking and cooking meals that I can't just stop doing it.)
    -Megan
  • Laceylala
    Options
    Cardio X tonight! Looking forward to it!
  • KendalBeee
    KendalBeee Posts: 2,269 Member
    Options
    I've had a lovely afternoon. Pigged out on some homemade sweet potato fries. Edited, posted and ordered pictures. Read. Slept. Mr. Reunion will be here later. yeah. a good day!
  • crystalAN85
    crystalAN85 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Sorry I went MIA, this weekend was CRAZY but so worth it. :happy:

Took Charlotte to the beach for the first time on Friday, went car shopping on Saturday and then spent the rest of the day with a friend and her daughter, went back to the beach with same friend/daughter on Sunday and was in a parade with work on the 4th in addition to fireworks! Long, exhausting weekend but it was so much fun. I don't have the energy to catch up tonight (still have a lotta sleep to catch up on) but I'm still around! My diet went a lil off this weekend...erm...maybe a lot off. But tomorrow is a new day and I'll be back to it. I hope everyone had a great holiday weekend!!!
  • Yocum1219
    Yocum1219 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Oh, wow, tired doesn't BEGIN to cover it! And the week isn't over! This getting up to be at work at 6, and then being at VBS til 830...which at least 90 minutes of includes jumping around & chasing kids (including my own!) yeah, I love the kids, and I love being the one who gets those songs stuck in their heads...but my body is just tired. TOM isn't helping either. I'm borderline anemic on a good day...TOM does not equate to a good day! I'm going to crash now. Melodie's diaper rash is back too. FUN! Sorry to not respond to anyone! *hugs* to all! And to think I thought I was gonna have the energy to do a 2K pushing a stroller this Saturday...oh well, I've already paid for it! *sigh*
  • Laughnessie
    Laughnessie Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm Brandie, 27, and my current goal is to get under 200. I'm currently 213. My ultimate goal is to be under 164 (my highest healthy BMI for my height 5'8''). So, I guess for the 6 week challenge I'd like to get under 200! :drinker:
  • Laceylala
    Options
    Cardio X done. I kindof whimped my way through it..wasn't feeling it at all but got it done. Congestion hit again and it kind of takes it out of me. I'm trying not to take all the allergy medicine buut I might need to take the zyrtec again tomorrow. I have shoulders/biceps tomorrow and want to do a good job! I'm getting bored with some of the work outs. I am okay for now, but might be needing some pushing in the month to come to keep at it. I know I will keep going, I have a goal to get it done, but its the intensity I am needing help with.

Brandie - welcome!! Our challenge ends sometime this month I think... let us know more about yo'self!

Karen - you go girl! Doing things like VBS and having fun exercise make it go by so fast and make this process much easier.

Crystal - its so fun to see kids experience the beach and the ocean! Are you still seeing Mr. New?? Glad to see you back here :)

Kendal - having time off like that can be great...just relaxing is awesomeness.