C25K Support Group Starting 6/27

Options

Replies

• OneBryteSmile
    OneBryteSmile Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to say how proud I am of this group. I never expected so many people to join in and for everyone to be so supportive and helpful. I look forward to checking the thread everyday to see how you guys are doing and to root you on. When I'm out running and getting tired and wanting to stop, I think about you guys and I remind myself that you guys would not want me to stop. Just like I tell you all that you can do it, I have to tell myself that too and I don't want to disappoint you. I want to be able to come back to the group and let you guys know that I DID it. Just wanted to say thank you all for being so amazing!

We had one more new member today just starting the program but everyone else has completed week 1 now and more than half have completed week 2. Again, I'm so proud of all of you! The more you do, the more you can do! :drinker:
  • joyoungolivia
    joyoungolivia Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    So lacking in motivation at the moment but I know i will be so proud when I've finished this! Just completed w1 d3!

Hey I just checked the board and my name's not on it anymore :-( would really love the accountability of this group to get me through!
  • anna_b1
    anna_b1 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    OneBryteSmile, thanks for supporting and encouraging us along the way. I can't tell you how much it means to have that - particularly since many of us don't think of ourselves as runners in the first place!

Good luck to you as well! :)
  • OneBryteSmile
    Options
    So lacking in motivation at the moment but I know i will be so proud when I've finished this! Just completed w1 d3!

Hey I just checked the board and my name's not on it anymore :-( would really love the accountability of this group to get me through!

Hi Olivia, sorry about that. I had cleaned the list up and removed a couple of names that we had not heard from in a while so I thought they had dropped out. I've added you back and marked you completed for week 1. That is awesome!

How did you find your first week? Are you ready for week 2? :happy:
  • OneBryteSmile
    Options
    OneBryteSmile, thanks for supporting and encouraging us along the way. I can't tell you how much it means to have that - particularly since many of us don't think of ourselves as runners in the first place!

Good luck to you as well! :)

Thank you :happy:
  • jtp5184
    jtp5184 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    agree! thank you!

i am always looking forward to running now. The only thing i dread now is the winter because i hope that doesnt stop me from running. i know im getting a head of myself haha
  • ohiogirl30
    ohiogirl30 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Hello there! I'm Tara and I am starting the C25K today. I know this support group started a few weeks ago but I am excited about getting start. I must say I am a little nervous about doing it. I will be running in the airforce 5K on September 18th with my husband. I am motivated my just reading the thread! W1D1= TODAY!!!!
  • loverstreet
    loverstreet Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Okay so I will be doing W4D2 tonight. I HAVE to. I have eaten some bad things today and I have less than 300 calories for the remainder of the day...and it's only 3pm where I live! Oh no!
  • llkilgore
    llkilgore Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    I want to run, and after all the rain we've had in last 24 hours, it will be cool enough to run out of doors this evening. But I ran yesterday. Do you think I should really resist when my body says go for it?
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    I want to run, and after all the rain we've had in last 24 hours, it will be cool enough to run out of doors this evening. But I ran yesterday. Do you think I should really resist when my body says go for it?

Laural, I am sure that it is recommended to have a rest day between but I am certainly no expert on it. Others are adding in intervals and I continue walking afterwards for about an hour total.

OneBriteSmile, such a sweet note. I was already telling my self that I need to thank you for all you are doing to support us. Someone earlier stopped in and told us how impressed they were with this thread and they were so right. You do a great job with this support group.

Hey Tara, nice to see you join the group.

I too am grateful at how all of you are so supportive.

I made progress doing Week 4 Day 2. I did the walking intervals at the correct times except for one. I needed a bit more walking time between the last 3 minutes and 5 minute runs. I did shorten all the others to the right time though and did all the running. I told my son about doing Day 1 and he was amazed. Here is my blog post about it. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/KeriA/view/did-i-run-a-mile-or-how-long-will-that-doggy-last-124933

I think about all of you when I am 'running" too.
    Keri
  • thisismynewmindset
    thisismynewmindset Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Just checking in!

So yesterday I finished Week4Day2 and it went pretty well (except for the fact that it rained earlier in the day and some parts of the path I run on still had some puddles I had to jump over or run around!)

Today is supposed to be my rest day but I still want to go running because I had WAYYYY too big of a lunch for some stupid mandatory work party.

I am NOT, however, counting today as part of the program, but I am going to do another Week 4 day since I am on that anyway.

Usually on my C25K rest days I go on the elliptical for a while or wake up early and do stuff on the Wii... but today I could just NOT get out of bed!!!

Look at me! Running because I WANT to!!! Weird.

P.S. I usually walk for a bit more or even do another half interval if I have the energy when I am done... but mostly because the path back to my car is longer than what would be covered if I just did the alloted time.
  • thisismynewmindset
    thisismynewmindset Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Just checking in!

So yesterday I finished Week4Day2 and it went pretty well (except for the fact that it rained earlier in the day and some parts of the path I run on still had some puddles I had to jump over or run around!)

Today is supposed to be my rest day but I still want to go running because I had WAYYYY too big of a lunch for some stupid mandatory work party.

I am NOT, however, counting today as part of the program, but I am going to do another Week 4 day since I am on that anyway.

Usually on my C25K rest days I go on the elliptical for a while or wake up early and do stuff on the Wii... but today I could just NOT get out of bed!!!

Look at me! Running because I WANT to!!! Weird.

P.S. I usually walk for a bit more or even do another half interval if I have the energy when I am done... but mostly because the path back to my car is longer than what would be covered if I just did the alloted time.

... well I just looked outside and there is now a thunderstorm... out of no where!

So it looks like I might not be doing that extra run tonight (but I will instead make it up with some Zumba at home...) Still on track with my C25K program though! Since tomorrow is my official Week4Day3, I will NOT skip running like I am today and run on the treadmill if I have to (although I prefer outside).

Rain rain go away
  • loverstreet
    loverstreet Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Completed W4D2 tonight! I can't believe I'm doing this. I've always said that I hated running, but I guess I never knew how to get started. I never had a plan to follow so I didn't know what I was doing. I love the intervals. Its like a mini reward of walking if you get through the run. It works for me mentally. I'm getting scared because week 5 looks hard!
  • Wuzzlicious
    Options
    I just did W5D1 tonight and ohmygod, you guys, it felt AMAZING. I actually found it easier than W4. I was full on just GRINNING through my second five minute run, it felt so good. It's crazy, but running for five minutes straight and feeling so good during it... made me think that maybe I can do the 20 minutes straight in just a few days from now. It seems insane. I'm the least athletic person that I know!

You are all doing amazing. I'm so proud of us!
  • OneBryteSmile
    Options
    Hello there! I'm Tara and I am starting the C25K today. I know this support group started a few weeks ago but I am excited about getting start. I must say I am a little nervous about doing it. I will be running in the airforce 5K on September 18th with my husband. I am motivated my just reading the thread! W1D1= TODAY!!!!

Hi Tara,

I was really nervous too but once you get started it won't seem so bad and you will be able to do more each week. I went to my workout bootcamp today and we did sprints and I beat everyone else. I couldn't believe it. I wasn't hyperventilating either. It felt like a walk in the park. Six weeks ago I would have never thought I could do something like that. You are starting just in time and should finish your 9 weeks right before your 5K. I added you to the list and hope that you will come back here and check in with us from time to time to let us know how you are doing. Also, if you need podcasts, apps or other info, check out our blog (link in my signature).

Good luck and happy running!
  • OneBryteSmile
    Options
    Okay so I will be doing W4D2 tonight. I HAVE to. I have eaten some bad things today and I have less than 300 calories for the remainder of the day...and it's only 3pm where I live! Oh no!

LOL, well you'll earn some of those calories back and get to eat more. :laugh:
  • OneBryteSmile
    Options

I ran Tuesday AND Wednesday this week and I felt great! I say go for it if you want to. :happy:
  • OneBryteSmile
    Options
    @Keri, thank you very much. I read your blog. I also do not pay attention too much to the miles when I run outdoors. I just follow the podcast. when I run on the treadmill though it does tell me how many miles I've done. I haven't hit 3 miles yet but I'm hoping in the coming weeks with the longer runs I will eventually get there. The C25K site says "don't worry about how fast you're going. Running faster can wait until your bones are stronger and your body is fitter. For now focus on gradually increasing the time or distance you run."

@thisismynewmindset - I know how you feel though. I used to always say I was going to go out and run but never would. Now, like you, I actually want to run. I get up and get my clothes on and I get so pumped about it. Yea and I have to do extra intervals sometimes too to hurry and get back to my car so I can get home and go to work lol. I'm glad you decided to still workout even though you didn't get to run. Way to go! :smile: It's been so rainy here too that I have to get my run out of the way in the morning if I go to the park because by the evening it's storming.

@loverstreet - I wish I found this program a long time ago because maybe I would have been running all along. My fiance and I started jogging/walking at the park last summer and I remember the first time we went out there and tried to start jogging I seriously thought I was going to die. I was hyperventilating, could barely run for a few minutes, my chest was hurting and we had to stop so I could sit on a bench. At 27 years of age, I was just embarrassed at myself. I'm so happy not to be at that place anymore. I really love this program! I agree, those walks do feel like a mini reward. Week 5 does look hard but a couple of our girls have done it (dyianne, llkilgore, techymum, Wuzzlicious). Maybe they can give some pointers????

@Wuzzlicious - that sounds so awesome. I can't wait to get to where you are. You are doing fantastic!

Everyone - someone posted this great article on another thred that I wanted to share with you all:
    12 Bad Excuses to Skip Running - http://www.besthealthmag.ca/get-healthy/fitness/12-bad-excuses-to-skip-running
  • gnoccola
    gnoccola Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    W2d1 done. I went to the gym today. I found it easier to run on the treadmill instead of outside. But, I think I like outside better, and eventually any run will be outside. So, just have to get used to it. Anyhow, I ran at 6mph and walked at 4mph. My hart rate was at 152 all time, and I felt fine resistance-wise. But, after about 10 minutes my calves started burning. They burn like the first day I ran. Does anybody knows if it gets any better?
  • joyoungolivia
    joyoungolivia Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Thanks for adding me back on! Just done w2d1, wasnt as bad as I was expecting actually.....I might just be able to do this!! Hope everyone else is getting on well! x