Too large for a seat, did the venue respond correctly?

Options
12345679»

Replies

• feliciapeters
    Options
    I wouldn't be annoyed the slightest with that. I had what I had payed for and that's all I had to care about. It would also be nice to know that the venue would go above and beyond the call to make someone with a problem feel comfortable, who knows one day it could be me needing assistance with a similar or different problem.

Well done to the staff that resolved the problem.

BRAVO. Why are you people so petty as to be bothered by someone having a bit of good luck in a situation that could have been embarrasing?
    Would you be upset if someone you know found a lottery ticket that was a big winner when the one YOU bought lost?
    Seriously people get a grip
  • angryguy77
    angryguy77 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't be annoyed the slightest with that. I had what I had payed for and that's all I had to care about. It would also be nice to know that the venue would go above and beyond the call to make someone with a problem feel comfortable, who knows one day it could be me needing assistance with a similar or different problem.

Well done to the staff that resolved the problem.

BRAVO. Why are you people so petty as to be bothered by someone having a bit of good luck in a situation that could have been embarrasing?
    Would you be upset if someone you know found a lottery ticket that was a big winner when the one YOU bought lost?
    Seriously people get a grip

This is a self-induced problem that she benefited from. She was given something for free because she abuses her body. She is rewarded for bad habits. It wasn't fair, the only thing that would have been fair would have been for her to a) deal with it in a way the op suggested or b)get a refund for the seat and wait outside.

It's common sense that venues made for shows are not going to have very wide seats. As a large person, she should no the risk.

It's not the venues fault, rather she should take responsibility for her own actions.
  • kappyblu
    kappyblu Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    I can't believe this thread is still going! Good grief! The whole problem started with someone whose heart was hurting for a lady who couldn't fit into her seat...and then quickly changed when the lady got something the OP didn't.

"What about me?" "That's not fair!" Blah blah blah

These are things children say! I have heard them from my own kids, whom I love dearly, but are chidren who sometimes get jealous when someone gets something they don't (i.e. birthday presents)

I find it very interesting that a lot (not all) of the people who are saying the venue was wrong and/or the lady took advantage have less than 100 pounds to lose. I hope you or someone you love never has to feel the pain that the lady most likely feels every day.

LIfe is not always fair, people are not always treated equally, and businesses will do all they can to avoid a potential law suit. Do the best you can to live your life to the fullest and don't stress yourself out about people and situations you cannot change.

:smile: :flowerforyou: :drinker: :bigsmile: