[closed group] Team Yellow Submarine

Options

Replies

• leilaphoenix
    leilaphoenix Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Oh crap! I think my admiration of Kate is going to backfire on me!!!! Uh oh!

I mean caligirl2802 (!) oops
  • hayleyxxwxx
    hayleyxxwxx Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Ok so i'm in awe of some of the high numbers for calories burned....is this strictly through exercise or including things like housework and stuff, cos i dont want to log stuff that i wouldnt normally log (i.e. cleaning) as i would feel like i was cheating myself.
  • Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Ok so i'm in awe of some of the high numbers for calories burned....is this strictly through exercise or including things like housework and stuff, cos i dont want to log stuff that i wouldnt normally log (i.e. cleaning) as i would feel like i was cheating myself.

The only day to day stuff I log is gardening, because its not something I do very often, and I have a big garden so its a huge effort!
    I don't log housework or things that I'd do ordinaraly every day.
  • hayleyxxwxx
    hayleyxxwxx Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    In that case i better get my bum into gear and get exercising!
  • caligirl2802
    caligirl2802 Posts: 232 Member
    Options

I'm only logging extra exercise, and my walks to work every day which I do as part of my exercise routine. Oh and gardening as thats not something I do every day.
  • leilaphoenix
    Options
    Only log things you would normally log.

Personally I'm set to sedentary as I work in an office so I log things including
    - any intended exercise i.e classes, workouts, runs
    - my cycle commute to and from work
    - occassionaly log gardening if I have actually broken a sweat
  • ClareB1974
    ClareB1974 Posts: 224 Member
    Options

I'm only logging dedicated, purposeful exercise. I don't log cleaning/taking children to school/gardening (my garden is minuscule!) as these are things I would do anyway so I include in my daily activity, which is set to sedentary as I work from home, at my sewing machine. I log my long evening walks, my 30 day shred, my short morning walk and my stationary bike usage. These are all things I wasn't doing when I wasn't trying to lose weight and also things which would go if I stopped exercising and decided I wanted to be a lard *kitten* forever ;-)
  • leilaphoenix
    Options
    Captain's Log
    Yellow Submarine
    Day 7
    600 miles off the coast of Morocco

Despite my drunken start to our trip (too much rum on days 1 - 3) the rest of the crew have pulled their weight and we have made good progress on our world trip. Bullly was concerned about us falling of the edge of world and it seemed that he might jump ship but he got it together and was found secretly rowing in the lower deck. Meanwhile caligirl2802's artistic talents have kept the crew's morale up through the stormy seas. ClareB1974 has worked like a machine this week, consistently rowing hard every day. On Day 4 we encountered some good currents and doubled our expected distance. We continue to make good progress. On Day 5 we encountered an enemy pirate ship called the Vita Sana. While the scumbags tried to board our ship we managed to take one of their crew hostage and the Vita Sana fled. While this prizoner originally seemed like an assest, they were bringing ship morale down with their talk of pillaging and such, the scallywag walked the plank at sunset.
  • caligirl2802
    Options
    LOVED the Captains Log!!! Thanks for the update :)
  • vladikavkaz
    vladikavkaz Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Indeed, gave me a smile!

Sorry about today though, shipmates, it's a self imposed 'rest day' for me. Aiming to go like the clappers tomorrow though.
  • rachel871
    rachel871 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Captain's Log
    Yellow Submarine
    Day 7
    600 miles off the coast of Morocco

Despite my drunken start to our trip (too much rum on days 1 - 3) the rest of the crew have pulled their weight and we have made good progress on our world trip. Bullly was concerned about us falling of the edge of world and it seemed that he might jump ship but he got it together and was found secretly rowing in the lower deck. Meanwhile caligirl2802's artistic talents have kept the crew's morale up through the stormy seas. ClareB1974 has worked like a machine this week, consistently rowing hard every day. On Day 4 we encountered some good currents and doubled our expected distance. We continue to make good progress. On Day 5 we encountered an enemy pirate ship called the Vita Sana. While the scumbags tried to board our ship we managed to take one of their crew hostage and the Vita Sana fled. While this prizoner originally seemed like an assest, they were bringing ship morale down with their talk of pillaging and such, the scallywag walked the plank at sunset.

LOVE this Leila :) well done everyone, so impressed with all your calorie burns!! bit disappointed I didn't do two gym classes last night, could only manage one! But will be back on it at the weekend with some big burns! :D xx
  • leilaphoenix
    Options
    LOVE this Leila :) well done everyone, so impressed with all your calorie burns!! bit disappointed I didn't do two gym classes last night, could only manage one! But will be back on it at the weekend with some big burns! :D xx

Same here - I'm gearing up for Friday and a big weekend!
  • ClareB1974
    ClareB1974 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the Captains Log Leila - brilliant!

I am back and ready to go - done a bit this morning, 30ds in an hour or so, then hopping on the stationary bike this afternoon and hopefully walking this evening if the weather stays kind of dry.

I guess I really needed a rest day yesterday - I feel heaps better for it today :)
  • vladikavkaz
    Options
    Rest days are great. A few months back I was running every day, my muscles ached, and felt exhausted most of the time. Since I've changed it to 4 days of running, 3 rest days, I'm improving faster. I don't burn as many calories as I used to, but fitness for me is the key.

I'm liking the amount of exercise you're getting in in double day
  • caligirl2802
    Options
    Thanks for the Captains Log Leila - brilliant!

I am back and ready to go - done a bit this morning, 30ds in an hour or so, then hopping on the stationary bike this afternoon and hopefully walking this evening if the weather stays kind of dry.

I guess I really needed a rest day yesterday - I feel heaps better for it today :)

I tried to take your advice and have a rest day but couldn't do it, so I just did weights at the gym and took it relatively easy so that today I will be ready for a good burn. I'm going to try a self imposed rest day on Sunday with maybe just a light walk around the lake with the family. Does anyone else get cranky if they don't work out???
  • Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Whats our going to be for Sunday Leila? Do we play it safe and each commit to doing an individual mimium burn and use that number as our bet, even though we might burn more? Or are we just going to choose a high number, work out butts off to achieve it, but risk the chance of going backwards if we dont quite make it?
  • leilaphoenix
    Options
    Here is what is happening on Sunday from Lee

"Ok seeing as you all love attacking each other a new Game day is come up on SUNDAY !!!!

I will be pairing up (or maybe triple depending on the numbers) all the boats !

The apposing captains will "bet" on their own boat ANY AMOUNT of Cals or miles. They are betting that there boat will burn more cals than the boat they have been paired against !

The winning boat will get the amount of miles they bet as extra..... the losing team............. (gulp) loses miles and if they bet more than they burn that day YOU WILL GO BACKWARDS !!!!!!!!!

More details to come about the pair ups.....but it will be with boats in the same area as you !

BUMP BUMP BUMP ! and ATTACK !!!!! "
  • vladikavkaz
    Options
    OK, best thing I reckon we do, is that we find out who's going to be excersising, and how much etc.

I've got a 10k race on Sunday, so will be concentrating on that. Probably all I'll do on Sunday, so that's going to be around 900 cals.
  • leilaphoenix
    Options
    Right. I'm assuming this means we get into a betting war with another boat. I assume it will work something like this
    - Leila "we'll burn 10,000"
    - Evil Captain "we'll burn 12,000"
    - Leila "we'll burn 13,000"
    - Evil Captain "well go on then..."

And if we burn what we say then we get doubled, if we don't make it then we lose how much we bet.

In the event that the we decide to let the other Team try and meet the bet, the same happens, but if they win, then we lose.

Hhhmm!!!

As a plan of action. I'm going to put an extra column on the spreadsheet called "Sunday's predictions" and I want you all to give an estimate of what you plan for Sunday. This should hopefully help.

!!

Leila xx
  • caligirl2802
    Options
    I low-balled my prediction, I was planning to use Sunday as my rest day as I will probably hit it hard today and tomorrow...