30 Day Shred Group - July

Options

Replies

• luvmykid28
    luvmykid28 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I too completed day 4 of level one this morning. Doesn't hurt as much but the cardio isn't getting any easier. still using the lightest weights I have and wondering when to move up to level 2 and/or heavier weights.

I wouldn't move up yet. You should probably do at least 10 days of each level. The 1st time I did the Shred program, I did more of level 1 (+10) before I moved up, because I could tell I wasn't ready. I actually thought I was ready for Lvl 2, but it was killing me and I couldn't get through it (planks are a killer) so I went back to Lvl 1 and did it for 10 more days. Then when I finally moved to Lvl 2 I was ready. Jillian says in the intro to the DVD that if you need more time on a level take it. I took it because at the time I hadn't done any sort of exercise regime for several years and needed more time.

If cardio is still kicking your butt you shouldn't move up. The cardio in Lvl 2 is more intense.

I still use 3lb weights and I get plenty out of them. It's the repetition and the combo of large muscles and small muscles that is working. Remember just because there is little or no pain doesn't mean it's not working.
  • myiceisonfire
    myiceisonfire Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I'm on D3L1 today. You know when your body is sore from working out, you know those are the muscles you're working? I've been worried because I've been sore EVERYWHERE but my belly. And that's what needs to be gone! ... Today I'm excited because my stomach hurts hahaha! =) Yay for pain in the belly area! =)
  • eyedoc87
    eyedoc87 Posts: 8
    Options
    I did L1D5 last night and am finding the cardio much easier now. the side lunges are still a challenge (I think I really need to work on my form with these ) but my calves are feeling better. I don't hobble as much first thing in the morning :happy:

Day 6 tonight.
  • Dabbles
    Dabbles Posts: 367
    Options
    I did it. I started today. Stairs are hurting me right now... lol.. And I have them in my house and have been having to go up and down them.. ughhh. My arms are tired too. But overall not terrible! I'm sure tomorrow will be killer though. About to go run now. We'll see how this goes after doing it! Ahhhhh. *I'm Skerred*
  • VaBeachNurse
    Options
    I'm starting with Level 1, Day 1 her in about an hour. I'm ready to do this!!
  • myiceisonfire
    Options
    I'm starting with Level 1, Day 1 her in about an hour. I'm ready to do this!!

You can do this girl! =D
  • myiceisonfire
    Options
    Just finished Level 1 Day 3. It's getting a little easier, but the side lunge with arm raises are a killa! Did 7 push-ups tonight (instead of 5).
  • amandaspags
    Options
    On Day 2 today... those squat presses and lunges are killer! But I love the length of it (short!) and hopefully my measurements will go down!!

Neck: 14"
    Waist: 33"
    Hips: 36.5"
    Left Arm: 11"
    Right Arm: 12"
    Left Thigh: 23.5"
    Right Thigh: 22.5

Good luck all!!
  • earthsember
    earthsember Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Day 7 Lv 1 is done :D I really feel like this has been my best so far as well, I used to down a cup of water easily while doing this workout and now I barely need it. I don't know if it's just mental but I feel like my biceps feel more solid to the touch and as though my jeans are a bit looser. I didn't have any way to take measurements at the start of this, so I don't know if I've truly toned up a bit in this short a period or not. Either way, it feels good!
  • jenniferfelice
    Options
    Finished L1D5 today! Woot half way through level 1! Last time I tried this out this is as far as I got but I am determined to finish it this time!!
  • luvmykid28
    luvmykid28 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Just finished Day 1 Lvl 1 - I had to skip my C25K tonight because of softball awards so I decided to do my shred tonight. I was able to do a few more real push up tonight and I was very smooth during my byclye crunches (no jerky motions). Tomorrow I will run.

Everyone is doing great!!! Keep it up and we'll all be looking good in a few weeks :):flowerforyou:
  • Kittyfeliz
    Kittyfeliz Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Just finished L1D6. I was not feeling it but I couldn't let all my Shredders down! It was tough, I think because of the 5k yesterday and the lack of sleep and ton of food and drinks. I was feeling like total crap today but I am a little better now that I did 30DS.
  • Kittyfeliz
    Kittyfeliz Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Just finished Day 1 Lvl 1

Wait... huh?
  • Cherilea
    Cherilea Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    Just finished Level 1 Day 3. It's getting a little easier, but the side lunge with arm raises are a killa! Did 7 push-ups tonight (instead of 5).

Curse those side lunges w/arm raises!!! It's about the only time my 5 lb weights feel like a ton! My arms, shoulders, and even my arm pits hurt! lol And I will do it all again tomorrow and I will be at Level 1 Day 3.
  • Lorna1976
    Lorna1976 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Wow started this morning and ouchie did that hurt?

Used 1.5kg weights, really hard, they are the lightest i have so am having to push through the pain.

Cant quite do the side lunges and the arm raises at the same time. I am hoping that with determination I can get there by the end of this level.

Doing the girlie press ups at the moment by hope to get to proper ones by the end of the 30 days.

You guys really help, thanks for all your support.
  • karenodonut
    karenodonut Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Day 5 Level 1 DONE. It's certainly getting easier.

xx
  • lmcgreavey
    lmcgreavey Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Tonight will be Day 3 for me, last night was Day 2 of Level 1 - I hurt today. I thought I was in not too bad shape before I started this but OUCHY!! I was wrong!! The stairs are so painful. My OH just started this morning, he'll be feeling it later and can share my pain!! Good luck everyone, Jillian certainly kicks some serious butt!
  • mgravy
    mgravy Posts: 47
    Options
    I started about a month ago and quit after 1 day...so I'm trying this again.JM beats the ever loving crap out of me.
    Level 1, Day 1 -- done this morning. I need to stick with it this time!
  • lmcgreavey
    lmcgreavey Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I started about a month ago and quit after 1 day...so I'm trying this again.JM beats the ever loving crap out of me.
    Level 1, Day 1 -- done this morning. I need to stick with it this time!

You can do it! We all can! x
  • Kirstuke
    Kirstuke Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm on level 3 day 9... almost done. Results are great already, I can see it on my body.