30 Day Shred Group - July

Options

Replies

• gd50cent
    gd50cent Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    yesterday was day 7 of level 1 for me. weighed myself this morning and lost 4lbs since last monday. well happy with that! managed to do the 30DS every day and also done 30 mins extra cardio on saturday and sunday.

getting shredded!! :happy:
  • Kittyfeliz
    Kittyfeliz Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I want to start this! But will I be able to run at least every other day while doing it? I usually run 3-4 miles every other day. I don't want to not be able to do it :(

I run 3 days a week and it was realllllly hard when I first started 30DS but it was because I was so sore. After the first few days you are back to normal if not better. I had me best run yet after day 4 of 30DS.
  • Kittyfeliz
    Options
    yesterday was day 7 of level 1 for me. weighed myself this morning and lost 4lbs since last monday. well happy with that! managed to do the 30DS every day and also done 30 mins extra cardio on saturday and sunday.

getting shredded!! :happy:

Love it!!! Good work!
  • Kittyfeliz
    Options
    Hey all! I decided I probably should start posting on here. You all seem so supportive! I started 30DS last week, but have only done 4 days. I'm just trying to listen to my body, and I'm also mixing up my exercises. I do pilates when I don't shred, and sometimes before or after.

NSV: 18 Pushups total!

Awesome NSV. I'm still trying to get more than half of a real push up! Lol!
  • Kittyfeliz
    Options
    Agreed. "Jumping rope" (quotes cause there's no freakin' rope!) and the side lunges with the anterior raises (or whatever the hell those are called) are the worst! I dread both so much.

Side note: I can finally do all the raises without a break! This is the only move I have to change to my 3lb weights for. :grumble:
  • dinitrilestari
    Options
    i just join MFP and today is my first day. need all your support. btw what is level 1?
  • gothicprophet
    Options
    Starting 30DS tomorrow! Apprehensive and excited all at the same time... I previewed it yesterday (watched all 3 levels of workout) and it looks intense, but I keep hearing such good things about it.

So to everyone whom is doing 30DS currently, and those starting in the near future: Good luck and congratulations! We can do this!
  • dusk1977
    dusk1977 Posts: 295
    Options
    wow we are all doing so well, and to the newcomers welcome, together with support we can do this :happy:
    I completed L1 D3 last night and my butt really aches this morning (although I think I must be doing the side lunges correctly) I have L1 D4 tonight after work before I have my omlette for dinner. I am also planning on doing it tomorrow morning as I am riding my bike home tomorrow evening (20miles) and I don't think I will have any energy for it in the evening :tongue:
  • butters1
    butters1 Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    level 1 day 5 complete. arms are still sore but getting a bit better:smile:

good luck to all......
  • butters1
    butters1 Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    i just join MFP and today is my first day. need all your support. btw what is level 1?

The 30 day shred cd has 3 separate workouts. Each 'level' (workout) is done 10 days. The levels get harder as you progress. Hope that helps
  • mt2601
    mt2601 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hey guys I just posted a new blog post on my review of level 2 of Jillian Michael's 30 day shred! It's just to help everyone know how we felt about it, and we have posted our results so far using the 30 day shred and the myfitnesspal app too :)
    http://s2smm.blogspot.com/
  • kathkell
    kathkell Posts: 3
    Options
    Agreed. "Jumping rope" (quotes cause there's no freakin' rope!) and the side lunges with the anterior raises (or whatever the hell those are called) are the worst! I dread both so much.

Side note: I can finally do all the raises without a break! This is the only move I have to change to my 3lb weights for. :grumble:

Most of the time I can only do one 30 sec set of jump rope. It makes me calves so tight! I do the punches instead.
  • Cherilea
    Cherilea Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    Just finished D1L1. Dang almighty!!! I think my arms are still twitching...I might go down to 3 lb weights. I used 5 lbs and they got too heavy at times. Maybe I'll give it a couple more days, maybe then I'll be able to handle it. :tongue: My arms feel like jello right about now though! lol Push ups are the worst! I can can't do a push up to save my life :sad:
  • deanadimples
    deanadimples Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I'm just finishing 30DS and you all sound like I did in the beginning!!

Day 1, I was lucky to get 7 pushups. Day 2 my eyelids literally hurt from the squinting I did trying to survive. By the end of Level 1 I was getting 15 or so the first set and 10 the next. In Level 3, I was doing walking pushups and plank raises, which I couldn't believe I could ever do. It was tough, but I was able to get through it.

I started with 3 lbs weights and 5lbs for the chest flies. By Level 3 I was starting to use some 8s for some of the exercises.

I HATED the jumping jacks. In Level 3 you will do them with weights. And you will wonder what the big deal was.

You will ALL transform in some way. It seems like a big hill right now. And I despised Level 2...but when you get to Level 3 you will suddenly see just how far you've come.

And I recommend that when all of you are done, go back and do Level 1 for a day. You will be amazed. And you will know that the 30 days was worth it.
  • Kittyfeliz
    Options
    I'm just finishing 30DS and you all sound like I did in the beginning!!

Day 1, I was lucky to get 7 pushups. Day 2 my eyelids literally hurt from the squinting I did trying to survive. By the end of Level 1 I was getting 15 or so the first set and 10 the next. In Level 3, I was doing walking pushups and plank raises, which I couldn't believe I could ever do. It was tough, but I was able to get through it.

I started with 3 lbs weights and 5lbs for the chest flies. By Level 3 I was starting to use some 8s for some of the exercises.

I HATED the jumping jacks. In Level 3 you will do them with weights. And you will wonder what the big deal was.

You will ALL transform in some way. It seems like a big hill right now. And I despised Level 2...but when you get to Level 3 you will suddenly see just how far you've come.

And I recommend that when all of you are done, go back and do Level 1 for a day. You will be amazed. And you will know that the 30 days was worth it.

Thank you for this! I'm am both inspired and terrified! Lol! <3 Level 1
  • runningpfuhl
    runningpfuhl Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'll do it, but I'm just starting today and I'm on vacation beginning July 28. But I'll do it the 4th - 27th!

I'll get it done today after I ride my bike! :D
  • rockstar714
    Options
    How do you log this on MFP in the exercise?
  • CMillikan08
    CMillikan08 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    today will be day 3 for me and i am hoping it does get easier bc my body is pretty much useless right now bc of how sore i am but she definitely kicks ur butt!! good luck to everyone else!
  • karenodonut
    karenodonut Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Today was D3 Level 1. Hardest yet. My shoulders are SORE but I managed to complete everything, using 2kg weights.

I can't quite explain it, but I 'feel' a bit different. Less bloated and a bit stronger. Is that possible after only 3 days?

Well done everyone, keep up the good work!