30 Day Shred Group - July

Options

Replies

• Kittyfeliz
    Kittyfeliz Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    @kitty - just mho, but i think your Cto5k is a great compliment to the shred. i had to drop out after the 20 minute run (week 5?) last time but that was due to knee problems. I'm going to try that again after some more weight loss.

Thanks Butters, I think you're right, I'm just gonna hobble through it all. LOL! I'm actually planning on redoing C25K after next week when I finish (and run my first 5k on Monday) but run this time to increase my speed. Can't wait to start the next round, I'm tired of running for 28 mins straight. Haha!

Mooglie - Don't despair! Everyone says weight fluctuates a LOT at first, give it time!
  • Kittyfeliz
    Options
    The side lunges with raises will be the death of me. Just finished L1D3, and after starting C25k my legs are obscenely sore(it's so sad!) But it feels awesome! :D

Those are the WORST! That's when I switch to the 3 pound weights and it's still hard! I barely made it through W8D2 yesterday of C25K, so glad I don't have to run today. It does feel like we accomplished something huh? :happy:
  • lisarota
    lisarota Posts: 12
    Options
  • fittina
    fittina Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    L1D3 here.Yesterday was killing my calves,cramping up.I want this so bad though.I am going to carry through.I have "inspiration jeans" that I want to get back into.Those sz 5/7 are waiting for me.I fit in them before.I WILL do it again! GOAL:Lose 50 lbs. by Christmas! I WILL do this!
  • wisawofgren
    wisawofgren Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Completed L1D6 yesterday.... Those jumping jacks are still not my favorite, but I can survive 30 seconds of them at a time... Must say I am "enjoying" this... (I must be ill....) Good job everyone-we can do this!!!
  • aly1221
    aly1221 Posts: 55
    Options
    just finished my day two and omg what a difference from day one!!!! both days i did level 1 but the first day i wanted to die! today was great though! it was still a little rough in the beginning but half way through i must have gotten an adrenalin rush because i was doing some of the advanced moves and getting really into it and i didn't want to collapse into an ice bath when it was over lol
    so idk how long it may take for everyone but trust me...IT GETS BETTER :bigsmile:
    GOOD LUCK EVERYONE & HAVE SOME FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :heart: :heart:
  • _angua_
    _angua_ Posts: 35
    Options
    I just did day 1 and it kicked my *kitten*. I just wanted it to end, but I knew going in I am way out of shape and really need it.
  • zenchild
    zenchild Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    L1D3 here.Yesterday was killing my calves,cramping up.I want this so bad though.I am going to carry through.I have "inspiration jeans" that I want to get back into.Those sz 5/7 are waiting for me.I fit in them before.I WILL do it again! GOAL:Lose 50 lbs. by Christmas! I WILL do this!

glad I'm not the only one hanging onto a pair of jeans. mine are the CK jeans that I lived in freshman year of college.
  • lbbeaty
    lbbeaty Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I started today! It was tough..but happy I completed it! Does anyone know how to log it in my exercise diary?
  • gd50cent
    gd50cent Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Read on other threads to mark it down as circuit training, general for 20 mins.

Well done for starting. Keep at it! :-)
  • fit_healthy
    fit_healthy Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,I did my first day, and i was sweating. I found doing the side lunges with raises really hard :sad:
    I'm going to note down my weight and measurements and review it after the challenge.

Good luck everyone :smile:
  • lbbeaty
    lbbeaty Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much!
  • Kittyfeliz
    Options
    Hi everyone,I did my first day, and i was sweating. I found doing the side lunges with raises really hard :sad:
    I'm going to note down my weight and measurements and review it after the challenge.

Good luck everyone :smile:

they really are the worst, I hope they get easier!! Good job on Day1!!
  • Kittyfeliz
    Options
    Ugh, I don't know if I can do today (Day3). We just got a new fridge that doesn't quite fit so Husband started working on sanding the cupboards down but had to leave it undone to go to work so now there's wood dust alllllllllllllllllllllll over the house and I can hardly breathe! I'm sooooooo annoyed right now, the floors are covered, every surface in the house and I am hungry but don't dare step in the kitchen. I don't know what to do, I didn't want to miss a day already! :explode:
  • dusk1977
    dusk1977 Posts: 295
    Options
    Just completed Day 1 wow I am unfit and I really dislike jumping jacks :mad: well done everyone we can do this :happy:
  • luvmykid28
    luvmykid28 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    just finished L1D2.. side lunge with biceps were oww. anyone feel the impact on your ankles during the jump rope? I got depressed that I gained a whole pound after yesterday even though I was eating way under cals. sigh!

Don't worry about the pound. In the beginning your muscles with be swollen and your body will retain water. This is totally normal. Don't focus on the scale for results. You will notice your body changing and clothes will get looser. Keep your focus. :)
  • fit_healthy
    fit_healthy Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    D2L1 completed, didn't want to do it, but i put the dvd on and before i knew it, it was over. So glad that i did it now.
    Just need to keep focused.
  • Kittyfeliz
    Options
    D2L1 completed, didn't want to do it, but i put the dvd on and before i knew it, it was over. So glad that i did it now.
    Just need to keep focused.

Good job! That's the beautiful thing with how short the workout is. I really can't seem to come up with a good enough excuse not to do it and of course I need an excuse to log into MFL and talk to everyone so it works out!
  • Ninja_Knitty
    Options
    Ugh, I don't know if I can do today (Day3). We just got a new fridge that doesn't quite fit so Husband started working on sanding the cupboards down but had to leave it undone to go to work so now there's wood dust alllllllllllllllllllllll over the house and I can hardly breathe! I'm sooooooo annoyed right now, the floors are covered, every surface in the house and I am hungry but don't dare step in the kitchen. I don't know what to do, I didn't want to miss a day already! :explode:

Dooo.... It...... :) You are worth it, and you made a promise to yourself. :) Wink
  • Ninja_Knitty
    Options
    Just did my Ninth Day level One! So MUCH better. I feel confident with the exercises and think I am ready for Level two. :) Think I am going to go for a walk because I have to work off the Cod and Fries I had for dinner. :) That was worth it too. Sigh. PS: I did take my measurement. I love the definition I am seeing in a short amount of time. Maybe I will see some results I can measure.